• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:40
CEST 16:40
KST 23:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8097 users

Dustin Browder Interview April 2011 - Page 7

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 22 Next All
ffreakk
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore2155 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 14:13:08
April 26 2011 13:59 GMT
#121
@ FrozenSolid

You might not mean it that way but does this

so they can make informed decisions for themselves.
imply that you think people arent capable of making decision, so they need the intelligent you to help them make their decision?..

Well, enough with the hostiilties from me now.

1/ I agree that supply cap stays at 200/200, unless we somehow come to revelation that 256/256 is the optimal supply cap or something.
2/ Probably everybody knows that Blizz is mainly (like 99.9% main) trying to cater for the casuals. So stuffs like "removing Muta-stacking is to help the casual" really doesnt bring anything new to the table.

Catering to the casuals, so far, have done nothing but deteriorate gameplay. And that bad gameplay is why people dislike the game, not because they dont understand Blizz's intention.

Rant: Removing interesting units, and replacing them with A-move ones seriously sucks (i want Reavers!), and a bunch of other things thats been mentioned a zillion times already.. Even as a casual, i hate it (1v1 Plat (well i kinda stopped playing after 9 games T_T).. Nvr been to Iccup or Brainclan or w/e, as casual as it gets RTS-wise).

Edit: Also like to add that i like the DT thing.. I mean, cmon probes, you got killed in ONE hit.. Nobody goes "Our forces are under attack" when they get off-ed in 0.5 second.
Look. Only Forward. See. Only Victory.
SgtRock
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada93 Posts
April 26 2011 14:08 GMT
#122
Who knew the BW world hates SC:2 so much? I played SC back in the first months since the release. Heck I played the ORIGINAL Warcraft. I had to wait for War2.
I have owned and played every game Blizzard has released since wacraft 1. (Except WoW, thank goodness) Guys, Starcraft 2 has met my expectations. I am very pleased with the game. Sure, it isn't BW, and never will be. BW is a different game, I honestly have no idea what some of the BW fanboys wanted to see SC2 do. Many were set to throw in the failure card off the get-go, not caring about how good or bad the game really was.
Am I mad that I can select all of my hatcheries at once? No. Am I mad that we can now set a rally point on minerals? No. Am I made that the AI allows for "pushing" and not making 3 dragoons magically walk into my mineral line every time I want to leave my base? No.
Does all of that make BW better than SC:2? No.
CarbotAnimations
Legatus Lanius
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
2135 Posts
April 26 2011 14:10 GMT
#123
On April 26 2011 23:08 SgtRock wrote:
Who knew the BW world hates SC:2 so much? I played SC back in the first months since the release. Heck I played the ORIGINAL Warcraft. I had to wait for War2.
I have owned and played every game Blizzard has released since wacraft 1. (Except WoW, thank goodness) Guys, Starcraft 2 has met my expectations. I am very pleased with the game. Sure, it isn't BW, and never will be. BW is a different game, I honestly have no idea what some of the BW fanboys wanted to see SC2 do. Many were set to throw in the failure card off the get-go, not caring about how good or bad the game really was.
Am I mad that I can select all of my hatcheries at once? No. Am I mad that we can now set a rally point on minerals? No. Am I made that the AI allows for "pushing" and not making 3 dragoons magically walk into my mineral line every time I want to leave my base? No.
Does all of that make BW better than SC:2? No.


thats because you like simple games. im sure jaedong wouldnt be too fond of a game that made units for him that couldnt be micro'd
"He's the Triple H of Brood War." - Ribbon on Flash | "He's more like the John Cena of Brood War." - Aus)MaCrO on Flash
aimaimaim
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Philippines2167 Posts
April 26 2011 14:11 GMT
#124
On April 26 2011 22:59 ffreakk wrote:
Rant: Removing interesting units, and replacing them with A-move ones seriously sucks (i want Reavers!), and a bunch of other things thats been mentioned a zillion times already.. Even as a casual, i hate it (1v1 Plat (well i kinda stopped playing after 9 games T_T).. Nvr been to Iccup or Brainclan or w/e, as casual as it gets RTS-wise).


No, you don't want them. You want the idea of reavers. Hard to master and if mastered well, will produce good results.
Religion is a dying idea .. || 'E-sport' outside Korea are nerds who wants to feel like rockstars. || I'm not gonna fuck with trolls on General Forum ever again .. FUCK!
maybenexttime
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Poland5872 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 14:15:27
April 26 2011 14:11 GMT
#125
On April 26 2011 23:08 SgtRock wrote:
Who knew the BW world hates SC:2 so much? I played SC back in the first months since the release. Heck I played the ORIGINAL Warcraft. I had to wait for War2.
I have owned and played every game Blizzard has released since wacraft 1. (Except WoW, thank goodness) Guys, Starcraft 2 has met my expectations. I am very pleased with the game. Sure, it isn't BW, and never will be. BW is a different game, I honestly have no idea what some of the BW fanboys wanted to see SC2 do. Many were set to throw in the failure card off the get-go, not caring about how good or bad the game really was.
Am I mad that I can select all of my hatcheries at once? No. Am I mad that we can now set a rally point on minerals? No. Am I made that the AI allows for "pushing" and not making 3 dragoons magically walk into my mineral line every time I want to leave my base? No.
Does all of that make BW better than SC:2? No.


Why do you waste our time by posting a stupid straw man argument? There are several key gameplay aspects of BW that made it a great game that are missing from sc2 and would've made it much better. You are deliberately ignoring them...

edit: It's not a coincidence that both TvZ and TvT are regarded as the most fun to play/watch SC2 MUs and happen to be the most similar to BW out of all SC2 MUs.
SgtRock
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada93 Posts
April 26 2011 14:13 GMT
#126
On April 26 2011 23:10 Legatus Lanius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 23:08 SgtRock wrote:
Who knew the BW world hates SC:2 so much? I played SC back in the first months since the release. Heck I played the ORIGINAL Warcraft. I had to wait for War2.
I have owned and played every game Blizzard has released since wacraft 1. (Except WoW, thank goodness) Guys, Starcraft 2 has met my expectations. I am very pleased with the game. Sure, it isn't BW, and never will be. BW is a different game, I honestly have no idea what some of the BW fanboys wanted to see SC2 do. Many were set to throw in the failure card off the get-go, not caring about how good or bad the game really was.
Am I mad that I can select all of my hatcheries at once? No. Am I mad that we can now set a rally point on minerals? No. Am I made that the AI allows for "pushing" and not making 3 dragoons magically walk into my mineral line every time I want to leave my base? No.
Does all of that make BW better than SC:2? No.


thats because you like simple games. im sure jaedong wouldnt be too fond of a game that made units for him that couldnt be micro'd


Really? That's what it comes down to? I'm glad I left BW.


User was warned for this post
CarbotAnimations
aimaimaim
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Philippines2167 Posts
April 26 2011 14:14 GMT
#127
On April 26 2011 23:11 maybenexttime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 23:08 SgtRock wrote:
Who knew the BW world hates SC:2 so much? I played SC back in the first months since the release. Heck I played the ORIGINAL Warcraft. I had to wait for War2.
I have owned and played every game Blizzard has released since wacraft 1. (Except WoW, thank goodness) Guys, Starcraft 2 has met my expectations. I am very pleased with the game. Sure, it isn't BW, and never will be. BW is a different game, I honestly have no idea what some of the BW fanboys wanted to see SC2 do. Many were set to throw in the failure card off the get-go, not caring about how good or bad the game really was.
Am I mad that I can select all of my hatcheries at once? No. Am I mad that we can now set a rally point on minerals? No. Am I made that the AI allows for "pushing" and not making 3 dragoons magically walk into my mineral line every time I want to leave my base? No.
Does all of that make BW better than SC:2? No.


Why do you waste our time by posting a stupid straw man argument? There are several key gameplay aspects of BW that made it a great game that are missing from sc2 and would've made it much better. You are deliberately ignoring them...


This is like a bisu fan arguing with a flash fan but only dumber. Close-minded SC2 schmuks doesn't have to post on BW thread, let alone derail BW on a BW forum.
Religion is a dying idea .. || 'E-sport' outside Korea are nerds who wants to feel like rockstars. || I'm not gonna fuck with trolls on General Forum ever again .. FUCK!
Legatus Lanius
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
2135 Posts
April 26 2011 14:14 GMT
#128
On April 26 2011 23:13 SgtRock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 23:10 Legatus Lanius wrote:
On April 26 2011 23:08 SgtRock wrote:
Who knew the BW world hates SC:2 so much? I played SC back in the first months since the release. Heck I played the ORIGINAL Warcraft. I had to wait for War2.
I have owned and played every game Blizzard has released since wacraft 1. (Except WoW, thank goodness) Guys, Starcraft 2 has met my expectations. I am very pleased with the game. Sure, it isn't BW, and never will be. BW is a different game, I honestly have no idea what some of the BW fanboys wanted to see SC2 do. Many were set to throw in the failure card off the get-go, not caring about how good or bad the game really was.
Am I mad that I can select all of my hatcheries at once? No. Am I mad that we can now set a rally point on minerals? No. Am I made that the AI allows for "pushing" and not making 3 dragoons magically walk into my mineral line every time I want to leave my base? No.
Does all of that make BW better than SC:2? No.


thats because you like simple games. im sure jaedong wouldnt be too fond of a game that made units for him that couldnt be micro'd


Really? That's what it comes down to? I'm glad I left BW.

and everybody is glad you're gone
"He's the Triple H of Brood War." - Ribbon on Flash | "He's more like the John Cena of Brood War." - Aus)MaCrO on Flash
ffreakk
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore2155 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 14:22:17
April 26 2011 14:19 GMT
#129
On April 26 2011 23:08 SgtRock wrote:
Who knew the BW world hates SC:2 so much? I played SC back in the first months since the release. Heck I played the ORIGINAL Warcraft. I had to wait for War2.
I have owned and played every game Blizzard has released since wacraft 1. (Except WoW, thank goodness) Guys, Starcraft 2 has met my expectations. I am very pleased with the game. Sure, it isn't BW, and never will be. BW is a different game, I honestly have no idea what some of the BW fanboys wanted to see SC2 do. Many were set to throw in the failure card off the get-go, not caring about how good or bad the game really was.
Am I mad that I can select all of my hatcheries at once? No. Am I mad that we can now set a rally point on minerals? No. Am I made that the AI allows for "pushing" and not making 3 dragoons magically walk into my mineral line every time I want to leave my base? No.
Does all of that make BW better than SC:2? No.


Yes, im sure you love SC2, so please be so kind as to go back to that forums and embrace your beloved game, you have my blessings.

Boasting that you have played every single one of Blizz games doesnt suddenly mean that you are not a casual. And it have been mentioned many times that Blizz cater their game (Sc2) to casuals, some are bound to like it.

Edit: typos.
Look. Only Forward. See. Only Victory.
goiflin
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1218 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 14:22:49
April 26 2011 14:22 GMT
#130
I find it interesting (and comforting) that the development team was there to stay his hand when it came to things to be added. It makes me wonder what kind of crazy stuff he wanted to port over from C&C:G/RA2 to SC2... and it also makes me wonder if he wanted to keep in the crazy-awesome micro based units (reaver, defiler), but everyone just told him "no".

The hundreds of patches comment is funny, though.
Kooun
Profile Joined January 2009
Canada260 Posts
April 26 2011 14:22 GMT
#131
On April 26 2011 23:14 Legatus Lanius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 23:13 SgtRock wrote:
On April 26 2011 23:10 Legatus Lanius wrote:
On April 26 2011 23:08 SgtRock wrote:
Who knew the BW world hates SC:2 so much? I played SC back in the first months since the release. Heck I played the ORIGINAL Warcraft. I had to wait for War2.
I have owned and played every game Blizzard has released since wacraft 1. (Except WoW, thank goodness) Guys, Starcraft 2 has met my expectations. I am very pleased with the game. Sure, it isn't BW, and never will be. BW is a different game, I honestly have no idea what some of the BW fanboys wanted to see SC2 do. Many were set to throw in the failure card off the get-go, not caring about how good or bad the game really was.
Am I mad that I can select all of my hatcheries at once? No. Am I mad that we can now set a rally point on minerals? No. Am I made that the AI allows for "pushing" and not making 3 dragoons magically walk into my mineral line every time I want to leave my base? No.
Does all of that make BW better than SC:2? No.


thats because you like simple games. im sure jaedong wouldnt be too fond of a game that made units for him that couldnt be micro'd


Really? That's what it comes down to? I'm glad I left BW.

and everybody is glad you're gone

i would have to agree
Legatus Lanius
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
2135 Posts
April 26 2011 14:23 GMT
#132
of course hes a casual, its why hes complaining about doing work
"He's the Triple H of Brood War." - Ribbon on Flash | "He's more like the John Cena of Brood War." - Aus)MaCrO on Flash
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
April 26 2011 14:43 GMT
#133
On April 26 2011 22:56 aimaimaim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 22:50 maybenexttime wrote:
The truth is, Blizzard could've changed even more of the obvious things while staying true to the BW gameplay when it comes to the more subtle gameplay aspects, such as defender's advantage, highground advantage, micro tricks/techniques, space controling units, powerful spells (would require removing smart-casting, but that's not necessarily an issue - there was no smart-casting in any CNC games, yet nobody complained, and they're the type of players that want their UI as friendly as possible), micro-based counter system, good maps, etc. SC2 does not need units straight from BW to fix those issues, it doesn't need the exact same micro tricks or techniques either.

I'm certain, that the mainstream media wouldn't even notice those things. I doubt they'd realize the difference (the gameplay implication) between the BW highground and SC2 highground advantage if it wasn't outright pointed out to them by Blizzard. They'd be completely unaware of subtle micro techniques the competitive players are mastering or how map control works with space controling units.



They will .. They do now .. If the dont get it, the casters will give the clueless viewers the idea.

I don't know where do you get the idea that people won't notice the mechanics of the game if they are watching the match. They do, that's why if people saw these mechanics at play, coupled with the hype the casters or commentators, they can make an awesome atmosphere where in viewers would actually get it.


BW didn't made itself what it is now by flashy, shiny stuff.

I think when the term "mainstream media" was being used, it was mainly referencing the mainstream press that writes up the previews and reviews for SC2 before and shortly after release.

I assume that the majority of reviewers from major gaming publications have little or no knowledge of the BW or SC2 pro scene. Likewise, the majority of players probably have a similar background. The reviewers probably scramble to play through the campaign and a few multiplayer matches before writing up their reviews and choosing a rating. Consequently, they may be unaware of a lot of the subtleties of the game as they move on to other games to review.

To most of the mainstream media, and probably most of the gaming community, competitive Starcraft is at most an anomaly and curiosity, so they are probably unaware of the subtleties that made BW so appealing to us. As a result, they probably have a lot of fun playing SC2 without realizing how much better it could be if the game had some tweaks to give it BW-esque depth.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 14:51:45
April 26 2011 14:46 GMT
#134
Try explaining the casual audience that vultures do not counter dragoons due to the fact that they deal concussive damage yet Dragoons are large, but that vultures can take off the shields of dragoons easily, which takes 100% full damage from concussive damage, and due to patrol micro they can moving shot to reduce the damage they take.

Try explaining that to a casual as a commentator so that he understands.

Easy for you?Well yeah, you follow the game and you know how it works, you are not the casual audience, you are the hardcore gamer. what works better is, Ball A is engaging ball B.

The whole shield/massive/large/small was taken out in favor of armored and light, which is easier to understand.
WriterXiao8~~
FrozenSolid
Profile Joined November 2010
Finland134 Posts
April 26 2011 15:06 GMT
#135
On April 26 2011 22:59 ffreakk wrote:
@ FrozenSolid

You might not mean it that way but does this
Show nested quote +

so they can make informed decisions for themselves.
imply that you think people arent capable of making decision, so they need the intelligent you to help them make their decision?..

Well, enough with the hostiilties from me now.



I don't mean to imply that other people need my input to make intelligent decisions at all. Many people on this forum and in this thread are certainly smarter than I am. In fact, let me state that I don't consider myself particularly intelligent at all. This is a discussion thread about an interview of SC2's lead designer, and instead of repeating why I consider SC:BW to be better than SC2 wont add anything meaningful to the conversation, as other people have already done that. I'm basically stating my opinion that SC2 is an opportunity for BW because at this point potential new players outside of Korea will likely be SC2 converts and explaining why I think that way, despite SC2 practically splitting the old Broodwar community in two. If SC2 gathers a massive user-base, some of those users are bound to be curious about Broodwar, and may explore it as a result either through watching the Korean scene or because their SC2 heroes used to play Broodwar. Every cloud has a silver lining, or I should hope so at least.
I'm just trying to discuss the article. The people in this thread are intelligent enough to put my opinions to shame if they care to. I just didn't want the thread to deteriorate to infighting between the community, and felt like looking at what's happened from a different point of view.
Sometimes it's better to be good than it is to be lucky and sometimes it's better to be lucky than it is to be good.
maybenexttime
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Poland5872 Posts
April 26 2011 15:08 GMT
#136
Unfortunately, I think SC2 took away from BW way more players than it can possibly bring in.
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
April 26 2011 15:17 GMT
#137
On April 26 2011 05:46 Milkis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2011 21:35 Kipsate wrote:
On April 25 2011 21:22 ShadeR wrote:
Found this gem comment in the source article lol.

"Vincent Goossens 22 Apr 2011 at 1:10 pm PST
SC1 and BW have had hundreds of patches before it became good and it took years. And only then it became popular with the Koreans.
Don't forget that. A good game takes time, and it has to be shaped while it's in the open."


This is factually wrong, it didn't have hundreds of patches O.o.


Not only that but SC1 was a game that was immediately popular mostly because of its timing and Korea's culture at that time. it didn't become popular just because it was a good game, it became popular because it was released in Korea at a really really nice time.

Nice timing helped it get into the spotlight, but being a genuinely good game was what let it survive after Blizzard moved on to other projects and released other games.

I can also say there was not a soul who played StarCraft I thinking 'oh, it will get better with the next expansion, don't worry guys! Just keep playing!' No one had to be told to play the game for the sake of ESPORTS. StarCraft II has every advantage possible right now and people are still saying 'maybe it will be good one day.' It is so sigh-worthy to try and defend SCII's flaws by claiming that SC:BW had it easier... Guess what, it was Blizzard's decision to make a game that doesn't run on any computer not dedicated to gaming. It was Blizzard's decision to make a generic RTS. It's Blizzard's decision to throw a tonne of money at their game instead of making something good first. I don't call that bad luck, or not having the same lucky timing SCI did.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Reuental
Profile Joined July 2009
United States457 Posts
April 26 2011 15:21 GMT
#138
On April 26 2011 23:46 Kipsate wrote:
Try explaining the casual audience that vultures do not counter dragoons due to the fact that they deal concussive damage yet Dragoons are large, but that vultures can take off the shields of dragoons easily, which takes 100% full damage from concussive damage, and due to patrol micro they can moving shot to reduce the damage they take.

Try explaining that to a casual as a commentator so that he understands.

Easy for you?Well yeah, you follow the game and you know how it works, you are not the casual audience, you are the hardcore gamer. what works better is, Ball A is engaging ball B.

The whole shield/massive/large/small was taken out in favor of armored and light, which is easier to understand.


I can explain that to a casual easily. Everything is summed up by saying 'Vultures suck vs dragoons'. The casual spectator does not really need to be aware of anything else you mentioned. All the casual audience will see if a fast unit and the micro you can do to kill a infinite number of (insert melee unit here).
I'm a Crab made of men.
butchji
Profile Joined September 2009
Germany1531 Posts
April 26 2011 15:21 GMT
#139
As a matter of fact, I do think that DTs not giving the "your forces are under attack" announcement is good for gameplay, and it's not some twisted logic or glorifying the game you're making it out to be.
rofl point proven
maybenexttime
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Poland5872 Posts
April 26 2011 15:26 GMT
#140
On April 27 2011 00:21 butchji wrote:
Show nested quote +
As a matter of fact, I do think that DTs not giving the "your forces are under attack" announcement is good for gameplay, and it's not some twisted logic or glorifying the game you're making it out to be.
rofl point proven


How so? Explain to me how it doesn't make in light of what role this unit has in gameplay? You didn't prove anything. Just your own bias.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 399
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32754
Bisu 3063
Shuttle 1731
Hyuk 1311
EffOrt 718
Mini 696
Larva 361
Soma 282
ZerO 259
firebathero 234
[ Show more ]
Zeus 100
hero 92
Last 85
Sexy 70
Hyun 43
Mong 40
Killer 40
Pusan 35
Trap 35
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 33
PianO 32
Aegong 28
Hm[arnc] 28
sorry 20
zelot 18
Rock 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
JulyZerg 8
Noble 8
Sacsri 7
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
Gorgc7423
qojqva1392
Dendi793
Counter-Strike
fl0m2319
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1311
crisheroes873
Liquid`Hasu588
Lowko450
Other Games
singsing2670
B2W.Neo1372
Beastyqt411
Livibee207
Hui .199
Liquid`VortiX172
KnowMe97
ArmadaUGS86
Mew2King84
elazer61
CosmosSc2 26
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream65
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8409
• WagamamaTV184
League of Legends
• Jankos1986
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 20m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 20m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 20m
INu's Battles
21h 20m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.