• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:49
CEST 23:49
KST 06:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7457 users

[Interviews] MSL Ro8 Day 2 Winners - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
January 27 2011 20:38 GMT
#21
I'm glad the series with JD and Snow went 3-2, even though Snow didn't win he is showing that he has the ability to become a champion sometime down the road with his continued improvement.
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
barkles
Profile Joined May 2010
United States285 Posts
January 27 2011 20:48 GMT
#22
The games between Jaedong and Snow were an awesome, amazing, totally baller series. Props to JD for winning it, but I was rooting for Snow
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
January 27 2011 20:53 GMT
#23
The only person who could stop JD was just knocked out by Zero.

EZ gold!
Pvvned
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States409 Posts
January 27 2011 20:55 GMT
#24
wowow Snow was so on-point today but unfortunately there could only be one winner

definitely gonna root for Snow now, if he keeps this up, he could become the next protoss to get a gold
http://www.teamliquid.net/staff/R1CH/Happy2.gif
Spica
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5582 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-27 21:05:29
January 27 2011 21:04 GMT
#25
Like many others, I was amazed at how much Snow put up a fight against Jaedong. Everyone was saying that Jaedong would easily 3-0 Snow, but Snow proved us all wrong. Had Jaedong slipped up a bit more, we could have seen Snow advancing to the semi-finals. I am thoroughly impressed with Snow's performance; he definitely has a lot of potential in the future and may advance even farther next time. I'll have to watch this guy more often now.

Great translation, thanks for your hard work and effort! It's very appreciated!
How to pronounce the name: "SPY-ka" | Proud to share the same birthday with Shin (神) Dong Won and the almighty BoxeR | 리쌍도 나무에서 떨어진다. | To YellOw: "2位じゃダメなんですか?" ㅋㅋㅋ | Rest in peace, Violet. 08/23/12
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
January 27 2011 21:08 GMT
#26
Zero is too cute :3
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Corrupt
Profile Joined August 2009
Bulgaria1312 Posts
January 27 2011 21:14 GMT
#27
Such a nice and honest interviews of my favorite zergs. I'm so happy today.
Just a guy trying to enjoy living in the worst timeline and failing miserably since 1990.
xarthaz
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1704 Posts
January 27 2011 21:16 GMT
#28
Zero such a baller, aiming for 3-0 already before the matches
Aah thats the stuff..
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
January 27 2011 21:22 GMT
#29
Storks Momentum was flopped in this series he barely looked like he was trying.
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
January 27 2011 21:27 GMT
#30
Nice, thanks!

Lee Jaedong fighting!!
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Navi
Profile Joined November 2009
5286 Posts
January 27 2011 21:45 GMT
#31
zero wants kal for semis so he doesn't get eliminated by JD, lulz

i was disappointed by JD's form at the start, but he really picked up through the series. that last game was just amazing
Hey! Listen!
HitoriTomoyo
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada264 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-27 21:59:51
January 27 2011 21:56 GMT
#32
I'm laughing at the fact that snOw's PvZ looked a hell of a lot better than Stork's.

Not to say that snOw's a bad player but isn't he (still somewhat) a rookie? Stork's had a lot of time to perfect each of his match-ups but I can only see him as an S-Class PvT player and a B-Class PvZer....

Getting over Stork's terrible results, I think Jaedong needs to start changing his perspective on how to play out ZvP; Protoss players are starting to get better at countering the presently standard greedy macro style that Zerg's are used to abusing against Protoss players, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Jaedong's greedy playstyle get punished by a decent PvZ player during an important match.

While it doesn't have to be necessarily Jaedong, I think it's somewhat necessary for a Zerg to change things up to counter the Speedlot movement that's taking place these days.

EDIT: I'm looking forward to good things from snOw; that's twice now where he has pulled off a stunning performance against an S-Class player (FlaSh in an Ace Match in last season's Proleague, now in this series vs. Jaedong). I'm hoping he won't burn and fade out like mOvie did though.
kuroshiroi
Profile Joined November 2010
3149 Posts
January 27 2011 21:57 GMT
#33
On January 28 2011 04:09 Jaester88 wrote:
Q: What do you think were the major factors involved in winning this series?
A: I didn’t think I’d win on Triathlon. I was so confident in winning on Benzene and Circuit Breaker that I hardly practiced at all for Triathlon. So I thought ‘I should try to win the rest of maps as much as I can’ but winning set 3 was really the winning point for me, I think.
Jaedong wins when he thinks he'll lose and loses when he thinks he'll win

He completely dismantled Snow on Triathon, so I'm wondering why he felt that way. I guess it's just due to Snow's incredible Sair/Reaver play that was completely countered by going super fast muta, iirc.
Fly Jaedong, fly!
rasers
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden691 Posts
January 27 2011 22:39 GMT
#34
On January 28 2011 06:56 HitoriTomoyo wrote:
I'm laughing at the fact that snOw's PvZ looked a hell of a lot better than Stork's.

Not to say that snOw's a bad player but isn't he (still somewhat) a rookie? Stork's had a lot of time to perfect each of his match-ups but I can only see him as an S-Class PvT player and a B-Class PvZer....

Getting over Stork's terrible results, I think Jaedong needs to start changing his perspective on how to play out ZvP; Protoss players are starting to get better at countering the presently standard greedy macro style that Zerg's are used to abusing against Protoss players, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Jaedong's greedy playstyle get punished by a decent PvZ player during an important match.

While it doesn't have to be necessarily Jaedong, I think it's somewhat necessary for a Zerg to change things up to counter the Speedlot movement that's taking place these days.

EDIT: I'm looking forward to good things from snOw; that's twice now where he has pulled off a stunning performance against an S-Class player (FlaSh in an Ace Match in last season's Proleague, now in this series vs. Jaedong). I'm hoping he won't burn and fade out like mOvie did though.

well if stork would play against any Zerg like he does vs Jaedong he would easily be a P bonjwa!^^
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
January 27 2011 22:51 GMT
#35
Thanks a lot for the translations. Zero is such a cutie-pie. Best of luck in the semi-finals against Great (the games on Saturday are just a formality)
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
January 27 2011 22:57 GMT
#36
On January 28 2011 06:56 HitoriTomoyo wrote:
I'm laughing at the fact that snOw's PvZ looked a hell of a lot better than Stork's.

Not to say that snOw's a bad player but isn't he (still somewhat) a rookie? Stork's had a lot of time to perfect each of his match-ups but I can only see him as an S-Class PvT player and a B-Class PvZer....

Getting over Stork's terrible results, I think Jaedong needs to start changing his perspective on how to play out ZvP; Protoss players are starting to get better at countering the presently standard greedy macro style that Zerg's are used to abusing against Protoss players, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Jaedong's greedy playstyle get punished by a decent PvZ player during an important match.

While it doesn't have to be necessarily Jaedong, I think it's somewhat necessary for a Zerg to change things up to counter the Speedlot movement that's taking place these days.

EDIT: I'm looking forward to good things from snOw; that's twice now where he has pulled off a stunning performance against an S-Class player (FlaSh in an Ace Match in last season's Proleague, now in this series vs. Jaedong). I'm hoping he won't burn and fade out like mOvie did though.

B-class PvZer? You must not have seen many of Stork's games this season.
And "greedy macro syle" wasn't the reason why Jaedong dropped those 2 games against Snow.
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
Nouar
Profile Joined May 2009
France3270 Posts
January 27 2011 23:34 GMT
#37
On January 28 2011 05:33 newvsoldschool wrote:
Watch as either Stork himself or his fans make more drama out of this.

Anyways, I'll be watching game 4 of Snow vs Jaedong, it sounds really good. Thanks for the translation!


Watch game 3,4,5. I mean it. Especially game 5 for that last minute pulling all the stops. And game 3 was nice, too, for the recklessness and ballsiness of it.

Basically, all 4 sets were must see's. Just look at those :

(Z)Jaedong vs (P)Snow
Poll: Recommend Set 2?

Yes (117)
 
94%

No (5)
 
4%

If you have time (2)
 
2%

124 total votes

Your vote: Recommend Set 2?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No
(Vote): If you have time


Poll: Recommend Set 3?

Yes (101)
 
87%

No (8)
 
7%

If you have time (7)
 
6%

116 total votes

Your vote: Recommend Set 3?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No
(Vote): If you have time


Poll: Recommend Set 4?

Yes (133)
 
96%

No (4)
 
3%

If you have time (1)
 
1%

138 total votes

Your vote: Recommend Set 4?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No
(Vote): If you have time


Poll: Recommend Set 5?

Yes (160)
 
98%

No (3)
 
2%

If you have time (0)
 
0%

163 total votes

Your vote: Recommend Set 5?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No
(Vote): If you have time

NoiR
trexbqs
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia1731 Posts
January 28 2011 00:20 GMT
#38
thank you for the translation :D

and congratz to Jaedong and Zero !!!
Learn,live and love it.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
January 28 2011 00:28 GMT
#39
On January 28 2011 06:56 HitoriTomoyo wrote:
I'm laughing at the fact that snOw's PvZ looked a hell of a lot better than Stork's.

Not to say that snOw's a bad player but isn't he (still somewhat) a rookie? Stork's had a lot of time to perfect each of his match-ups but I can only see him as an S-Class PvT player and a B-Class PvZer....

Getting over Stork's terrible results, I think Jaedong needs to start changing his perspective on how to play out ZvP; Protoss players are starting to get better at countering the presently standard greedy macro style that Zerg's are used to abusing against Protoss players, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Jaedong's greedy playstyle get punished by a decent PvZ player during an important match.

While it doesn't have to be necessarily Jaedong, I think it's somewhat necessary for a Zerg to change things up to counter the Speedlot movement that's taking place these days.

EDIT: I'm looking forward to good things from snOw; that's twice now where he has pulled off a stunning performance against an S-Class player (FlaSh in an Ace Match in last season's Proleague, now in this series vs. Jaedong). I'm hoping he won't burn and fade out like mOvie did though.


Well its kinda like how Zero's zvp looked a lot better then Jaedongs. He absolutely crushed stork in all 3 games (first game being my favorite ). Dunno its a good thing Jaedongs zvz is still god mode so hopefully he does win this msl :D

As for stork I am not going to lie I wanted Zero to win (2nd favorite player after Jaedong :D) but man I did not expect a 3-0 sweep especially with how dominating stork has been lately I thought zero would lose but zero just played phenomenal.
When I think of something else, something will go here
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
January 28 2011 00:33 GMT
#40
On January 28 2011 09:28 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2011 06:56 HitoriTomoyo wrote:
I'm laughing at the fact that snOw's PvZ looked a hell of a lot better than Stork's.

Not to say that snOw's a bad player but isn't he (still somewhat) a rookie? Stork's had a lot of time to perfect each of his match-ups but I can only see him as an S-Class PvT player and a B-Class PvZer....

Getting over Stork's terrible results, I think Jaedong needs to start changing his perspective on how to play out ZvP; Protoss players are starting to get better at countering the presently standard greedy macro style that Zerg's are used to abusing against Protoss players, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Jaedong's greedy playstyle get punished by a decent PvZ player during an important match.

While it doesn't have to be necessarily Jaedong, I think it's somewhat necessary for a Zerg to change things up to counter the Speedlot movement that's taking place these days.

EDIT: I'm looking forward to good things from snOw; that's twice now where he has pulled off a stunning performance against an S-Class player (FlaSh in an Ace Match in last season's Proleague, now in this series vs. Jaedong). I'm hoping he won't burn and fade out like mOvie did though.


Well its kinda like how Zero's zvp looked a lot better then Jaedongs. He absolutely crushed stork in all 3 games (first game being my favorite ). Dunno its a good thing Jaedongs zvz is still god mode so hopefully he does win this msl :D

As for stork I am not going to lie I wanted Zero to win (2nd favorite player after Jaedong :D) but man I did not expect a 3-0 sweep especially with how dominating stork has been lately I thought zero would lose but zero just played phenomenal.
Not the same at all. Zero had some clever builds and props to him for that, but my overall impression from that series was that Stork just did not play very well. In Snow vs. Jaedong, on the other hand: game 1 was a little sloppy from both players and game 2 featured some awful decision-making by Jaedong (in retrospect; to be fair, Snow's defense was absolutely clutch that game and it's hard to fault JD for thinking he had it). With those two exceptions aside, the level of play from both players throughout that series was jaw-droppingly amazing.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 90
JuggernautJason46
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 622
firebathero 86
Zeus 64
910 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever451
League of Legends
JimRising 373
Counter-Strike
minikerr1
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS104
PPMD31
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5328
Liquid`Hasu1736
Other Games
summit1g6661
shahzam514
byalli339
C9.Mang0187
UpATreeSC65
Trikslyr39
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream160
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 91
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 47
• Azhi_Dahaki34
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 11m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 11m
Stellar Fest
15h 11m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.