• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:09
CEST 23:09
KST 06:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8474 users

[Interviews] MSL Ro8 Day 2 Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Jaester88
Profile Joined September 2009
United States143 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-28 00:39:33
January 27 2011 19:09 GMT
#1
Comments and criticisms are welcome.

Sources:
www.fomos.kr
www.dailyesports.com

Lee Je Dong (Jaedong), “I think I may have let my guard down a bit.”
I may have advanced partly due to maps

[image loading]


Q: You advanced to the Semifinals after a hard fought full-set Bo5.
A: I fought a much harder battle than I had expected. Even though I won, it was a really difficult set of games. Snow seems to have prepared extremely well, and I was surprised at how good his harassment play was.

Q: What did you think of Snow’s play today?
A: I do think I let my guard down a bit, and that’s something I need to reflect on and try not to repeat. To be honest, I’ve been losing a lot since this morning in practice, and I did kind of have a bad feeling about this series. And accordingly, coming into the series today I didn’t play as well as I could have. I did win, but I feel iffy about it.

Q: Snow’s High Templar harassment was top-notch.
A: With my style, I’m usually not very vulnerable to harassment. So I was pretty confident in that regard, but I ended up getting harassed at almost a dizzying pace. Because of that, I ended up even allowing a comeback in a game I was ahead in (*sigh*).

Q: Which game was the most difficult?
A: Set 4 on Benzene was the hardest. Snow came prepared with a build that I did not anticipate. Combined with that, getting harassed just once I couldn’t really focus that well. I was really disappointed with that game partly because Benzene was my most confident map. It even made me think to myself that I may lose the last set; I entered the last set with a ‘we'll see what happens’ sort of attitude.

Q: You’ve made it to the semi-finals 5 seasons in a row now. This is a chance to wash away the unpleasant memories of two silvers in an MSL in a row. I feel like you’ll be confident because the semi-final will be against a Zerg.
A: It is quite amazing. It is quite satisfying that I’ve been in the semi-finals for almost a year now. [T/N: This is not a translation error; I realize that 5 seasons is more than a year and almost approaching two years. That’s just what the interview says.] Firstly my goal is a gold, and I am confident in meeting a Zerg in the semi-final, but as long as I don’t underestimate my opponent and play to the best of my abilities I feel like I could win.

Q: What do you think were the major factors involved in winning this series?
A: I didn’t think I’d win on Triathlon. I was so confident in winning on Benzene and Circuit Breaker that I hardly practiced at all for Triathlon. So I thought ‘I should try to win the rest of maps as much as I can’ but winning set 3 was really the winning point for me, I think.

Q: Any last words?
A: Thanks for the teammates that helped me practice and thanks to Killer for giving me advice on builds. Yesterday and today, the coach and the manager both gave me lots of support, and I think that helped. I do feel like my fans will be a little worried about my play recently. I feel like Snow played extremely well, but I advanced at least partly because of maps. I had a good experience today, and I learned something too, so I’d like to take home the winning trophy without causing too much distress to my fans.




Kim Myung Woon (Zero), “This is my prime chance for a championship.”
I want to face Kal in the semi-finals

[image loading]


Q: This is the first semi-finals in five seasons.
A: I’ve had this quarterfinals jinx for a while now. I think this is because of the mental pressure I face before really important games. Today I think I advanced without those sort of pressures. I’m still having a kind of difficult time appreciating the fact that I am in the semi-finals.

Q: Your advancement to the semi-finals was easier than expected.
A: I did come to the stadium aiming for a 3-0. I won with some luck in set 2, so I feel like that helped me solve set 3 patiently.

Q: There is a prevailing opinion that the maps are favored for Zergs.
A: I don’t think it really favors Zergs that much. There are certainly maps good for Protoss. I personally think that just as much as there are maps that favor Zergs, there are two maps that favor Protoss as well. Luckily, I think the order of the maps favored me in this series though. I thought the maps that favored Zergs over Protoss were positioned at the beginning of the series, giving me an advantage to win.

Q: After a 2-0 lead, I feel like you would have felt that you had a good chance at taking the series with Dante’s Peak as the third set.
A: I did think that, but I shook off the thought immediately considering such thoughts could lead to my defeat. I tried to focus on the game immediately.

Q: You are now the team captain.
A: It was actually decided before announcement within our team. Even in yesterday’s game I was taking on the role of captain of our team. I have seniority over most members of my team, and even in age I am older than most other members as well. As a team leader, I need to show leadership, so I feel that my ambition for winning my matches has grown as well. I will take the position of team leader with good responsibility.

Q: Did your loss streak in Proleague affect your games today?
A: It’s been kind of hard for me recently because of my stagnant results in Proleague. But the games I need to play are there, so I tried to focus my best on the games that were right in front of me. It would be a lie to say that the losses didn’t affect me at all, but I thought that I needed to work my hardest for the upcoming sets.

Q: Who do you want to face in the semi-finals?
A: Honestly, it is more comfortable for me to face Kal. Not only is he a Protoss, but I am ahead in head-to-head statistics, so I think I’ll be more comfortable if he makes it to the semi-finals.

Q: You must be ambitious about a championship.
A: I think this is my prime time for a championship. With me gaining some age, I feel like my hand movements have slowed down a bit, so I think I need to win right now (laughs). I really do want to win.

Q: Any last words?
A: There is a Proleague match on Sunday. It’s the last match before the Lunar New Year, and our team’s been kind of in the dumps recently due to us not been doing so well recently, but I really want us to win, and go into the holiday with a relaxed mind.


Congratulations to Jaedong for taking the series after a well-fought, extremely awesome set of games!

Kudos to Snow, my favorite rookie, for putting up the games of your life, and showing us that you are capable of great things

Congrats to Zero, for getting a well-deserved advancement far into the leagues after a long time!

As for Stork, dual-leaguing is hard, and I wish you the best in the OSL Finals anyway.

Also, totally unrelated to this topic, but best of luck to Violet; get well soon.

prosatan
Profile Joined September 2009
Romania9375 Posts
January 27 2011 19:13 GMT
#2
YAAAY I am so happy!
Thx for translating !!
Lee JaeDong Fighting! The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.
Fr33t
Profile Joined June 2008
United States1128 Posts
January 27 2011 19:14 GMT
#3
Thanks for translating, can't wait to see JD finally take the MSL!
"Wow you could literally transport Lomo's face to a girl and the result would be pretty deceptive."
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
January 27 2011 19:21 GMT
#4
so close snow, so close



oh well. gogo JD!
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
January 27 2011 19:22 GMT
#5
Man when I heard that JD was fighting Snow I never would have guessed it would have been such an intense and impressive series. I was staying up mainly for stork vs zero (which I will not comment on in order to avoid spoiling it)


thanks to Killer for giving me advice on builds


This was my favorite part
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
January 27 2011 19:23 GMT
#6
Thx alot for translations Jaester!

Jaedong taking this in a very good way: as a sportsman and as a champion.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
Neverhood
Profile Joined August 2009
United States5388 Posts
January 27 2011 19:38 GMT
#7
Thanks a bunch for the interview, been waiting for this!! Dang major props to Snow he seriously played his heart out this series.

And lol @ JD taking BO advice from killer o_O
Jaedong :D
mierin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4943 Posts
January 27 2011 19:38 GMT
#8
Wonder if Flash will ever admit his dual golds were probably helped by maps

Anyhow, quality interview...I just feel like nowadays JD is always apologizing for shaky play, and it never seems like he's playing 100% to me at least.
JD, Stork, Calm, Hyuk Fighting!
DarkMatter_
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada1774 Posts
January 27 2011 19:40 GMT
#9
Thanks for the interview.

Jaedong is such a good sport. When maps favor zerg, he's willing to acknowledge it (unlike Flash) but when maps are terrible for zerg (last 3 MSLs), he never complains or tries to use that as an excuse. Also, I'm glad he acknowledged Snow's amazing play rather than just putting himself down for letting it get that close.
dras
Profile Joined August 2010
Kazakhstan376 Posts
January 27 2011 19:43 GMT
#10
jd is the man <3
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
January 27 2011 19:48 GMT
#11
On January 28 2011 04:22 puppykiller wrote:
Show nested quote +
thanks to Killer for giving me advice on builds


This was my favorite part


Killer destroyed Snow on Circuit Breaker. Jaedong should have used his turtle hive tech style instead of going for lair play on that map.
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
January 27 2011 19:52 GMT
#12
Amazing series... Too bad for snow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
Mumei
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States270 Posts
January 27 2011 19:55 GMT
#13
On January 28 2011 04:40 DarkMatter_ wrote:
Thanks for the interview.

Jaedong is such a good sport. When maps favor zerg, he's willing to acknowledge it (unlike Flash) but when maps are terrible for zerg (last 3 MSLs), he never complains or tries to use that as an excuse. Also, I'm glad he acknowledged Snow's amazing play rather than just putting himself down for letting it get that close.


He'd have to be delusional not to acknowledge that Snow played much better in that series than he did in their first game in the MSL Group B Winner's Match:



The difference between Snow in this game and Snow in their quarterfinals matches is really striking, I thought.
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
January 27 2011 20:03 GMT
#14
thanks so much for the translation!
Writer
gen.Sun
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States539 Posts
January 27 2011 20:05 GMT
#15
So disappointed
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
January 27 2011 20:12 GMT
#16
Just glad to see Jaedong advance man did that have my pumping last night :D.

Was surprised to see a Zero 3-0 sweep I expected Stork to take at least one game
When I think of something else, something will go here
CCa1ss1e
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3231 Posts
January 27 2011 20:20 GMT
#17
Yes, great job ZerO.. can't wait to watch those games.

XD
~ The Ultimate Weapon
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
January 27 2011 20:29 GMT
#18
wow the JD vs Snow series was soooo fuckin awesome. The quality of games was much higher than I anticipated.

and quite the opposite for the zero/stork series IMO...
jaedong imba
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
January 27 2011 20:32 GMT
#19
JD vs. Stork was defintely awesome. Go JD!
Jaedong :3
newvsoldschool
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
428 Posts
January 27 2011 20:33 GMT
#20
Watch as either Stork himself or his fans make more drama out of this.

Anyways, I'll be watching game 4 of Snow vs Jaedong, it sounds really good. Thanks for the translation!
"I was so surprised when I first played StarCraft 2. I couldn't believe that such an easy game exists... I guess the best way to attract people these days is to make things easy and simple." -Midas, Brood War Progamer
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 526
JuggernautJason33
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 650
firebathero 88
Zeus 64
Trap 39
910 28
Dota 2
monkeys_forever330
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS123
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4757
Liquid`Hasu2012
Other Games
summit1g5896
shahzam455
byalli402
C9.Mang0168
KnowMe140
UpATreeSC82
Chillindude28
Trikslyr26
Railgan18
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 82
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 33
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur309
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 51m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 51m
Stellar Fest
15h 51m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.