• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:58
CEST 20:58
KST 03:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7261 users

StarCraft Card Game

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
FSP.Siggy
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada138 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-11 20:38:13
March 22 2010 03:05 GMT
#1
Hi all, I'm newly registered here on TL, and was actually inspired to post this after stumbling across the StarCraft Progamer TCG on this forum. I've been making up rules for games ever since I was a kid, and now that I've grown up a bit, the rules I make are a bit more elaborate and consistent.

Anyways, recently, I modified an old card game I made up in order to accommodate StarCraft races and units. It only uses standard playing cards (2 decks), and is more fun than you might think at first.

I've written up a pdf document containing the full rules, located at mediafire:

v1.02 beta - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lnyjzy3jgjz
v1.01 - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wnywdfvvtzz

It is a fairly lengthy pdf, unfortunately, but if you have a friend willing to give the game a shot with you, I assure you, there is enjoyment and a fair bit of strategical depth to it. I've played through a number of times, and the balance seems okay (but is not necessarily perfect by any means; random chance makes balance a little more difficult).

By no means do I expect everyone to sit down immediately and play it for hours on end or anything; in fact, if even one other person enjoys it, I'll consider it a success.

If you have any suggestions/question​​s/clarifications, please do not hesitate to reply to this thread, as I would be more than happy to assist anyone willing to give the game a shot.

(I posted this earlier in the Sports & Games forum, please close this thread if the topic should stay in the other forum)
Check out the StarCraft Card Game - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=116834
FSP.Siggy
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada138 Posts
March 23 2010 06:25 GMT
#2
I've updated the rules file again, mostly formatting this time, but there was also some rearrangement and new pictures to clear things up a bit.

If anyone has any suggestions for formatting or anything, don't hesitate to let me know!
Check out the StarCraft Card Game - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=116834
Rainmaker5
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1027 Posts
March 23 2010 06:29 GMT
#3
Gonna check it out and try and play a game with a friend. Seems pretty thorough, but gonna wait till playing to give any info.
(-_(-_(-_(^_(-_(-_(-_-)_-)_-)_-)_-)_-)_-) CJ Fighting! "Beer -> soju -> whisky is a terrible build"~~ Scrarecrow.
FSP.Siggy
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada138 Posts
March 23 2010 06:32 GMT
#4
Let me know how it goes and/or if there's anything obvious missing from the rules. My friends and I haven't typically had a full reference like this and generally go with whatever rules we've discussed up to that point, so I'm worried that I've skipped something just because it seems obvious to me.
Check out the StarCraft Card Game - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=116834
Rainmaker5
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1027 Posts
March 23 2010 07:33 GMT
#5
Also, you have two threads up. It's confusing and kinda unnecessary.
(-_(-_(-_(^_(-_(-_(-_-)_-)_-)_-)_-)_-)_-) CJ Fighting! "Beer -> soju -> whisky is a terrible build"~~ Scrarecrow.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
March 23 2010 07:48 GMT
#6
Moving this to Brood War and closing other threads.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
FSP.Siggy
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada138 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-23 17:05:29
March 23 2010 17:00 GMT
#7
I had put the one in the Games forum because it's where I saw the ProGamer TCG. Sorry for the confusion, I'll just stick to the one thread!
Check out the StarCraft Card Game - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=116834
HyruleanTubist
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States189 Posts
March 24 2010 05:33 GMT
#8
Haven't even looked at the rules yet, but I already want to play it. I'll get my roommate to play with me tomorrow, back with results and opinions then.
FSP.Siggy
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada138 Posts
March 24 2010 20:52 GMT
#9
Awesome! I'm really looking forward to seeing how other people like this game! I know that the first night my friend and I actually sat down to test it out, we ended up playing for like four hours straight (multiple games, on average a game takes roughly as long as a game of SC would.)

The actual released version (i.e. this one) has several features that are fairly new and haven't been tested super thoroughly. The big ones are the scout rating system, the current usage of spider mines, the zergling rush, the supply depot wall, and the protoss' advanced technology. If any of those features seem imbalanced (either over- or under-powered), let me know. All of those features (except the spider mines) have arisen from my attempts to adapt the game to SC2, and I liked them enough to port them backwards. The current incarnation of the spider mines is different from the original version, since in making this release version, I pulled out a turn ability which allowed players to set a "trap" which allowed one-time use of Health and Damage cards to gain enhanced effect, and the Spider Mines were a modification of the trap. Since traps were dumb and nobody used them (not even for spider mines), I pulled them and put in the current mines.

tl;dr - Have fun and let me know how it goes!
Check out the StarCraft Card Game - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=116834
Raz0r
Profile Joined September 2008
United States287 Posts
March 24 2010 21:34 GMT
#10
this seems like it could be a lot of fun... trying to understand the rules now
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
March 24 2010 21:44 GMT
#11
This definitely needs more attention.
Chains none
Vestige
Profile Joined November 2009
United States303 Posts
March 24 2010 21:56 GMT
#12
sounds like a more awesom version of yu-gi-oh :D lol
"You'd wish it were hell"
Jazriel
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada404 Posts
March 25 2010 00:43 GMT
#13
I've read a little bit of that .pdf. Seems interesting. As an official judge for Yu-Gi-Oh! as well as being a nationally ranked top duelist, with a large interest in game design, I'll definitely be teaching myself how to play it and see what's up.
#1 LoL player
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
March 25 2010 01:06 GMT
#14
I downloaded the file when it was first uploaded but haven't had anyone to try it out with... =(
I was thinking that it was too bad that there wasn't a Starcraft deck to use instead of two standard playing card decks. So I started thinking, what if someone were to program this game? Then we could make "cards" with pictures of the units from BW!
Who's interested?
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-25 01:46:14
March 25 2010 01:46 GMT
#15
Haha, downloading. This sounds interesting.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
chesshaha
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1117 Posts
March 25 2010 02:04 GMT
#16
Good work dude, would play it with a friend who likes starcraft
"Hopefully you're not the real TLO so it's not casted" - SpecialK
Shigure
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States215 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-25 02:07:19
March 25 2010 02:06 GMT
#17
You can use Magic Workstation to put pictures of "cards" with BW units.
You can even play the game with ppl online with it, with the proper rule changes in magic work station.
Iam the mod in KawaiiRice's stream, banning you
Aukai
Profile Joined April 2003
United States1183 Posts
March 25 2010 02:24 GMT
#18
They already have a board game, with Card-based combat
There was one really amazing gal. She was one of the biggest chick i ever seen.
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
March 25 2010 02:51 GMT
#19
Yeah, I know. I own it and the Brood War expansion. The only problem is finding people to play with... My wife isn't really into Starcraft... She prefers Harvest Moon and Agricola. =)
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
Aukai
Profile Joined April 2003
United States1183 Posts
March 25 2010 03:07 GMT
#20
I feel your pain, I only have the orginal but I could only have 1v1 vs a friend of my who i no longer hang out with, so it just collect dust =[
There was one really amazing gal. She was one of the biggest chick i ever seen.
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM923
TKL 320
TaKeTV 297
IndyStarCraft 208
BRAT_OK 111
ZombieGrub20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 923
TKL 320
IndyStarCraft 208
MaxPax 158
BRAT_OK 111
UpATreeSC 95
JuggernautJason39
EmSc Tv 22
ZombieGrub20
Nathanias 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 698
ggaemo 173
White-Ra 159
firebathero 106
Barracks 58
910 54
Hyun 37
Trap 26
Killer 26
Bale 21
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 19
Shine 18
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva4537
Counter-Strike
Fnx 786
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7754
crisheroes1884
Liquid`Hasu1712
Trikslyr52
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4194
singsing1430
Beastyqt762
ceh9637
summit1g398
B2W.Neo393
shahzam211
C9.Mang0158
ArmadaUGS150
KnowMe126
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream460
Other Games
BasetradeTV182
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 22
EmSc2Tv 22
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 173
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 28
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• FirePhoenix14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2321
• TFBlade722
Other Games
• Shiphtur321
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 2m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.