Tired of having ZERO respect in the SC/BW community? Are you laughed at all the time just because you think 9 pool means building nine spawning pools? Do you stay up nights thinking that, someday, with a little planning, effort and luck, you might finally get your Gamei score to exceed your IQ score? Do you silently wish that one day you'll ask NTT for a game and he'll respond "Sure, friend, anything for you..."? Can you picture yourself showing up at Rekrul's private channel and not have him ban you and all your relatives from his channel for life?
If you said "YES" to all of the above - check yourself into the nearest mental institution. We can't help you.
But, if you said "YES" to only most of them, well you're in luck! Introducing Liquibet, the coolest, sharpest, kick-assest no frills, no gimmicks SC/BW theorycraft ladder on the planet! [EDIT: Uhm, actually it's the ONLY SC/BW theorycraft ladder on the planet...]. No endless mouse clicks involved! No ripping out "unnecessary" keys on your keyboard needed! No hours of practice required! Just correctly pick the winners in pro gaming matches and watch as your Liquibet rating goes through the proverbial roof! You'll have girls breaking down your door, people calling you "Sir" and guys named Dan kissing your ass in no time!
Here's how it works:
1) Each Liquibet Ladder "season" will be comprised of a single season of the OnGameNet leagues (ie Challenge league, Duel Tournament and Starleague), the KPGA league and all Liquibition and Liquid tournaments in between. The whole thing should last approx 4 months altogether. Please, note tho that we may decide sometime in the future to include additional tournaments in the Liquibet Ladder, but for now this is it. (Sorry, Rek, can't include your "Dan's Two-Player SC Invitational.")
2) Point your mouse to this site's Liquibet section and start picking the winners for the upcoming matches. The more winners you correctly pick in advance, the higher your Liquibet Ladder score gets. It's so simple even Bush can't get it wrong!
3) Each of the respective tournaments used to score your Liquibet rating (ie the OGN leagues, the KPGA league and all Liquibitions and Liquid tournaments) will have their own unique point system. For example, the OGN leagues go like this:
- Challenge League: 1 point for each player that advances into the Duel Tournament, 2 points for each player who goes through to the Challenge League Championship match, plus 4 points for correctly choosing the winner of the Challenge League. So, the maximum number of points for the CL is 20 (12 + 4 + 4)
- Duel Tournament: 1 point for each player that advances into the next Starleague (ie max 12 points)
- Starleague: 1 point for each correct guess of the winners each week during the round of 16 and 8 (ie max 4 points each week, unless we have tie-breakers, in which case even more points will be up for grabs). At the semi-final level, it will be 4 points for guessing the winner (ie 4+4 = 8 points max). For the final, the winner brings in a whopping 8 points (basically worth the same in points as correctly guessing all the winners in two weeks of round robin Starleague play).
4) Sit back and watch as your Liquibet rating soars and your phone rings off its hook from all the congratulatory calls from adoring fans and foreign dignitaries alike! KEWL!
5) At the end of the Liquibet season, we total up all the points scored by participants and crown a Liquibet theorycraft champion! (Prizes, if any, to be determined!)
We'll have additional info on the point system for the other leagues and tournaments soon. Also, we may tweak the scoring system later on: it's all about BALANCE, remember? Anyway, watch for news and updates on Liquibet here and in our Articles Section!
Now's your chance to get that "newb" tag off your Bnet ID once and forever. Now's your chance to get instant respect in SC/BW forums around cyberspace. Now's your chance to let the world know you may not be able to win an SC/BW game if your life depended on it, but you can sure pick the winners with the best of them! Play Liquibet now and show the world you don't give a damn your Starcraft sux - cuz your Theorycraft ROX!
Are you game?!
[EDIT] Updates coming up...