I started playing SC2 in 2010 and joined TL quickly back then. I played and posted here on and off till... maybe 2013 when I started watching Dota 2. My laddering peaked at.... high diamond/low masters....10 years later and I finally actually made it to Masters League.
+ Show Spoiler +
I want to thank Gheed for showing me the way. In my efforts to descend to the bottom of ladder, I went 3/5 worker rushing.... managing to beat a masters player with the sickest of concaves. What has SC2 become...
I owe TL a lot from the last 10 years - this place really helped me cement how much I loved online friendships and communities. Some memories I miss:
- liveblogging most of GSL from 2010-2012, and having 3 tabs open at once to keep up!
- Kpop Music Discussion & all the good folk in the church of CrayonPop
- Getting into fashion (I still have OP of the mens fashion thread, apparently!)
- Connecting me to some of my closest gaming friends, who I still talk to today, and many of whom I've met IRL!
- pressing the hotkeys on GOMTV player to get to the current time
It's... nostalgic to say this but with Esports changing and becoming commercial, with Liquid picking up sponsors and having a team in almost every Esport I could follow, with Twitch taking over gaming broadcasting (I miss the old GOMTV/VLC player days!), and with just getting older and playing less games, the TL community changed my life.
I guess finally crossing the line to masters helped me remember. Thank you for playing such a big role in life for me!
Bonus: I named my cat Clide, after.... well..... you know.
Here's the cat tax. (that was a fun name to explain to my wife lol)
+ Show Spoiler +
edit: fml i fucked up my title.