1) I think I'm finally understanding PvP (yay), but I'm playing lazy as fuck lately (boo).
So I've been in a lot of positions lately (been playing a shit-ton of pvps) that are really strong, for example:
- we both have the same PSI and exactly the same unit count (# goons), and I have 2 reavers and he has 1, and I have a nexus and his hasn't started...
I was LITERALLY IN THIS POSITION yesterday and I lost.
Why? Because my micro is focking lazy. My micro has been lazy, and I've been getting caught with like 2-3 goons in my main base defending against drops, so my front is weaker.
- make sure I scout better to know when he's moving out
- make sure I stop being lazy in battle micro
Seriously I think if I fix these two issues my PvP would jump up another notch. I believe I've finally figured out probe-cutting and how that element of PvP works out. It's been pretty awesome for me lately, because I've been in the above mentioned position several times in the past few days, where I have my expansion up AND the same unit count AND equal # of gateways and reaver tech... but I've just lost a few of em because of poor micro mistakes. I've won my first few PvP's at C+ as well, so I feel good about that.
2) Another problem with my micro being lazy as fuck, I've lost (literally) maybe 5-6 times to 1 fac or 2 fac rushes in PvT... which is doubly annoying because my PvT has been feeling so strong.
- example: today I LITERALLY lost against a regular 1 fac rush when I had 4 dragoons. seriously? my micro focking blows.
- example: (if you were just watching my stream you'd remember this)... 7 goons lost vs a 2 fac rush because of lazy micro.
It's bugging me quite a bit because I developed my build specifically to never lose to those rushes and I've been losing to them for the past 2 days... not necessarily because something's wrong with the build, but because my unit control has been garbage.
- don't play when I'm not in the mood
- stop being lazy with my units when I am playing
3) I've been feeling real nice about my PvZ !
That is all..
I was up to almost 5500 on my main, and getting close to C+ on another account as well, but I dropped down to about 5200 because of the lamest focking PvT and PvP losses (100% due to micro errors) T___T!
Anyways, these are some lessons I've learned from ICCUP recently !