• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:59
CEST 14:59
KST 21:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8163 users

Liquipedia Feedback Thread - Page 20

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 87 Next
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
July 21 2011 23:38 GMT
#381
My initial thought is: check out the list of stubs
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Category:Stubs

and find something that interest you and start researching/adding!

If you're more interested in copy editing or something, there's plenty of work to be done there as well.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Stijx
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States804 Posts
July 25 2011 13:32 GMT
#382
I had a question, and wasn't too sure about where to post it. So i'll post it here in the hopes it get's answered.
I've noticed there is no Template for casters on Liquipedia, would it be better to use the Player Template like other's have been doing or should I make a Caster Template?
Noam
Profile Joined September 2010
Israel2209 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-26 19:45:32
July 26 2011 19:39 GMT
#383
On July 22 2011 08:29 Stijx wrote:
I've recently taken an interest in writing for Liquipedia as I have a lot of time on my hands, love writing and love everything Starcraft. I wanted to ask what exactly is important to be done, and what can I do that will make a different to the wiki?


Someone recently asked me a similar question, I'll paste my reply:

IMO the best place to start would be in the area you are the most interested in.
Some articles don't exist and simply need someone to compile all the data and write it in the standard liquipedia formatting.
For tournaments we have compiled a (Wiki)List of Tournaments without a page
For players the list is (Wiki)Template:Notable Players Without Their Own Liquipedia Page
You can also add to these lists if you notice something missing from them but cannot make the page yourself.

If don't want to start off the bat with a whole page, you can take a look at (Wiki)Category:Stubs and its many sub-categories to see if you can help expand a page which is lacking. There are many problematic strategy articles which are listed in their stub category.

And as was recently announced, the new (Wiki)Recent Tournament Results page is always looking for people to update it as soon as possible.

About the Caster Template:
Can you describe how a Caster template would differ from the Player template?
The Player Template already has several attributes which are relevant for casters such as: site, stream, twitter, videoarchive.
You can see a complete list here: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Template:Infobox_Player/doc


Liquipedia
Stijx
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States804 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-27 16:36:28
July 27 2011 14:04 GMT
#384
On July 27 2011 04:39 Noam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2011 08:29 Stijx wrote:
I've recently taken an interest in writing for Liquipedia as I have a lot of time on my hands, love writing and love everything Starcraft. I wanted to ask what exactly is important to be done, and what can I do that will make a different to the wiki?


Someone recently asked me a similar question, I'll paste my reply:

IMO the best place to start would be in the area you are the most interested in.
Some articles don't exist and simply need someone to compile all the data and write it in the standard liquipedia formatting.
For tournaments we have compiled a (Wiki)List of Tournaments without a page
For players the list is (Wiki)Template:Notable Players Without Their Own Liquipedia Page
You can also add to these lists if you notice something missing from them but cannot make the page yourself.

If don't want to start off the bat with a whole page, you can take a look at (Wiki)Category:Stubs and its many sub-categories to see if you can help expand a page which is lacking. There are many problematic strategy articles which are listed in their stub category.

And as was recently announced, the new (Wiki)Recent Tournament Results page is always looking for people to update it as soon as possible.

About the Caster Template:
Can you describe how a Caster template would differ from the Player template?
The Player Template already has several attributes which are relevant for casters such as: site, stream, twitter, videoarchive.
You can see a complete list here: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Template:Infobox_Player/doc




It would only differ slightly. The player pages as you say have all the correct sections there, but also some unnecessary ones. I would remove the "WOL Matches" and "Beta Matches" section, and turn it in to a "Notable WOL Events Casted" and "Notable Beta Events Casted" section. But even with that you could say that the information can just be included in the "Wings of Liberty" and "In Beta" sections, and you'd be right. So for a caster it would be either the removal of the two mentioned sections or the changing of them in to a "casted" section.
I ask only because I noticed that caster pages were rather bare, and casters are very important to the SC2 scene, much more so than they were to BW.
I've also gotten in contact with most of the well known casters and had them tell me some about their history and how they got started, what they're doing now etc... And when making these pages it would be good to have one set way to write them all.

Also, I'll have a look at those Tournament pages.

edit: I just realized, are the templates meant as just the box at the top, or the entire page? That might lead to some confusion in what I'm saying! I meant the page as a whole when i said "Template"
CDRdude
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States5625 Posts
July 29 2011 09:10 GMT
#385
Is there a way to get to the non-mobile version of liquipedia from an iDevice? This is what it looks like for me right now:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Landscape mode is no different.
Force staff is the best item in the game.
Stijx
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States804 Posts
July 29 2011 13:38 GMT
#386
On July 29 2011 18:10 CDRdude wrote:
Is there a way to get to the non-mobile version of liquipedia from an iDevice? This is what it looks like for me right now:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Landscape mode is no different.


Unfortunately, as far as I know there is no way to turn that off.
LoNeLyTrOoPeR
Profile Joined June 2011
United States32 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-10 07:07:12
August 10 2011 06:58 GMT
#387
Can I be an editor please?
iMAniaC
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway703 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 00:35:35
August 11 2011 00:34 GMT
#388
I was taking a look at the special page Uncategorized pages and a very large part of those are brackets and subpages, so I thought it might be nice to have some sort of automation so that they get put into categories automatically.

Unfortunately, I don't have any specific suggestion as to what that automation would do. On the one hand, it would be nice to have pure brackets go into Category:Brackets, but it would become a very large (and perhaps eventually useless) category. It might also be convenient to have pages with slashes in their titles go into a category named Category:TitleBeforeSlash Subpages (so that (Wiki)North American Star League Season 1/Open Tournament/Bracket A would automatically go into Category:North American Star League Season 1 Subpages). Or perhaps even have brackets go into Category:TitleBeforeSlash Brackets, though that would perhaps prove to be a too narrow category to be of any use. And, of course, those suggestions are not mutually exclusive. Still, it might get tricky to get the automation to provide sensible results, like not throwing all pages containing brackets into the Brackets category, or having automation depend on the name and not a template etc. In the end, I just wanted to mention it in this thread so that those who know the templates and inner workings of LP better than I do, might get a few ideas or get inspired to work out something awesome.
flowSthead
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1065 Posts
August 18 2011 14:21 GMT
#389
I recently edited one of the older tournament pages (http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/HomeStory_Cup). When I've made edits on newer stuff, it is usually reviewed within a day, while this one hasn't been. I realize people are busy, so it may just be that they have other stuff to do. But I was wondering if new changes show up for liquipedia staff that they see it? If not, could I request someone to review it or something?

Again, if people are just busy then it's no rush.
"You can be creative but I will crush it under the iron fist of my conservative play." - Liquid`Tyler █ MVP ■ MC ■ Boxer ■ Grubby █
Tryxtira
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden572 Posts
August 29 2011 10:05 GMT
#390
I have a question about the search function. I've several times noticed that it isn't very "intelligent". I understand that it can't be exceptional, but just now I searched for "GSL August", and the top hit was "CoCa". I would definitely be willing to help connecting search-terms with pages if this is possible. I'm not at all good at programming and such, but if it's a simple way of doing this, please tell me how!

The Liquipedia is awesome guys, keep the great work up!
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
September 03 2011 21:48 GMT
#391
Posting this in the correct thread this time...

Is there anywhere to find information about what everything means? The main reason I don't edit is because I'm worried about doing it wrong, but having spent the past few hours looking for things I can improve I keep running in to things I don't understand and a few things I've learn by just doing it wrong and trying again.

+ Show Spoiler [Some Specific Issues] +

- What are the (+number) things after recent contributions?
- What exactly defines a minor edit?
- What exactly is a stub? (I thought it was a page that needed more stuff, but the TeamLiquid.net page is a stub)
- What happens if I do something wrong?
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
ZodaSoda
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia1191 Posts
September 04 2011 02:53 GMT
#392
On September 04 2011 06:48 Iyerbeth wrote:
Posting this in the correct thread this time...

Is there anywhere to find information about what everything means? The main reason I don't edit is because I'm worried about doing it wrong, but having spent the past few hours looking for things I can improve I keep running in to things I don't understand and a few things I've learn by just doing it wrong and trying again.

+ Show Spoiler [Some Specific Issues] +

- What are the (+number) things after recent contributions?
- What exactly defines a minor edit?
- What exactly is a stub? (I thought it was a page that needed more stuff, but the TeamLiquid.net page is a stub)
- What happens if I do something wrong?


- + and - are characters changed from the previous edit
- Minor edits should be Updated results, spelling errors etc.
- Stubs are what require more info, TeamLiquid.net is a stub because well its not sufficient to not be a stub yet.
- Don't be afraid of doing anything wrong, if its wrong it wont be reviewed, so doing something wrong can never really be harmful, and if you ever do anything your not suppose to, you'll be notified as to why on your talk page.
LiquipediaI'm the strongest Dragon that you've ever seen, You're gonna die motherfucker, I take up five screens. -Kraid
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
September 04 2011 05:03 GMT
#393
If you do something wrong and the reviewer who sees your edit is feeling unlazy they will help you out. If you intentionally and repeatedly do something wrong (aka vandalism) I'll ban you.

No pressure!
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
September 04 2011 10:55 GMT
#394
Alright cool, thank you both. I shall go back to seeing what I can edit/add/otherwise change!
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
Navillus
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1188 Posts
September 04 2011 15:20 GMT
#395
The one thing I would like better on liquipedia is better and more updated build orders in the strategy section, and I would happily help out or do it myself but I'm not at the level where I can accurately give those things, which I imagine is the problem I'm sure there's a limited group of people who are at the level that they can give up-to-date and good build orders in their matchup and have the time to do that.
"TL gives excellent advice 99% of the time. The problem is no one listens to it." -Plexa
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
September 04 2011 17:53 GMT
#396
On August 10 2011 15:58 LoNeLyTrOoPeR wrote:
Can I be an editor please?

Sure! Just get started editing.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
September 04 2011 17:54 GMT
#397
On September 05 2011 00:20 Navillus wrote:
The one thing I would like better on liquipedia is better and more updated build orders in the strategy section, and I would happily help out or do it myself but I'm not at the level where I can accurately give those things, which I imagine is the problem I'm sure there's a limited group of people who are at the level that they can give up-to-date and good build orders in their matchup and have the time to do that.

Just do what Day9 says a and shotgun replays. When you see builds used that look like the ones in LP, set them aside. After you've got a handful, go through them all and note what each one is, then compare those and voila, you have a build order.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
iMAniaC
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway703 Posts
September 06 2011 07:27 GMT
#398
On September 04 2011 06:48 Iyerbeth wrote:
What exactly is a stub? (I thought it was a page that needed more stuff, but the TeamLiquid.net page is a stub)


Perhaps I should've done this a long time ago, but I added what I consider the page is lacking for it not be a stub on its (Wiki)Talk:TeamLiquid.net page. Feel free to take a look. As you can see, you were right all along; the TL.net page is indeed a page that needs more stuff

Personally, I add a stub template if I've made a page and I want others to finish it (which, of course is just another way of saying "okay, I started the page, but it still needs more stuff"). If you take a look at my contributions you'll find almost only stubs. In a way, it's a really bad habit, never to polish a page properly, but on the other hand, the alternative would be me not creating the pages at all, or polishing one or two pages and then tire and quit Liquipedia entirely, which would be even worse. That's one of the reasons I love Liquipedia (and wikis in general), because it's designed so that anyone can contribute with what they feel like and I can spend my energy there without feeling an obligation to spend more energy than I have.

Besides, if there exists an anti-me, someone who likes to polish pages but never bothers to start one from scratch, then they can take a look at the list of stubs, perhaps find some of my unpolished pages and polish it. Then the two of us, together, will perhaps have made an awesome contribution that none of us would have made on their own
Stijx
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States804 Posts
September 07 2011 02:11 GMT
#399
How does one become a "Trusted User" on Liquipedia?
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
September 07 2011 02:55 GMT
#400
On September 07 2011 11:11 Stijx wrote:
How does one become a "Trusted User" on Liquipedia?

Edit a whole lot and the system will promote you automatically. Alternately you can make awesome edits and get the attention of staff.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 87 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1508
WardiTV725
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6728
Bisu 2185
Jaedong 1069
EffOrt 511
Horang2 443
actioN 303
Mini 256
ZerO 185
Larva 159
ggaemo 130
[ Show more ]
Pusan 120
Mind 110
Barracks 79
Shinee 68
Bale 65
Sharp 64
Hyun 56
Snow 55
Dewaltoss 50
Yoon 50
ToSsGirL 34
hero 29
NotJumperer 20
sorry 19
Sacsri 18
scan(afreeca) 17
zelot 17
Noble 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc3354
qojqva1283
Dendi1050
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1191
markeloff604
Other Games
hiko665
B2W.Neo484
Lowko452
crisheroes283
DeMusliM232
Pyrionflax188
Livibee122
QueenE78
Mew2King59
Liquid`VortiX21
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV922
League of Legends
• Jankos2003
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 1m
Patches Events
1d 3h
The PondCast
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.