• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:56
CEST 17:56
KST 00:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8927 users

Liquipedia Feedback Thread - Page 22

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 87 Next
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-01 00:06:59
October 01 2011 00:05 GMT
#421
Hey a few questions. How do I get some of my edits approved? I edited this like a week ago and was wondering how to get it approved http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/index.php?title=ChAnCe

Also, for a page like http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Revolution_Sports I was wondering how I could make all the player names not link to nonexistent pages. Sort of like this page http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/CheckSix_Gaming where players without a page just are bolded.

Also, in "My Contributions" what does it mean if something is highlighted yellow?

Thanks!
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
October 01 2011 06:35 GMT
#422
Thanks Aesop for confirming it! ^^
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
blahz0r
Profile Joined December 2010
3030 Posts
October 01 2011 08:31 GMT
#423
On October 01 2011 09:05 Superiorwolf wrote:
Hey a few questions. How do I get some of my edits approved? I edited this like a week ago and was wondering how to get it approved http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/index.php?title=ChAnCe

Also, for a page like http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Revolution_Sports I was wondering how I could make all the player names not link to nonexistent pages. Sort of like this page http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/CheckSix_Gaming where players without a page just are bolded.

Also, in "My Contributions" what does it mean if something is highlighted yellow?

Thanks!


Change the {{player| name}} part to {{playersp| name}}. Also to bold, either highlight the whole template then hit bold, or put ''' around it. Example: '''{{playersp|Boo}}'''

The yellow highlight means your edit is pending review.
Liquipedia
iMAniaC
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway703 Posts
October 07 2011 09:17 GMT
#424
I wanted to fix two missing flags on a page I've been working on, but they still don't work, so I think I need a little help.

The page is (Wiki)Xel& and the flags are Colombia and Dominican Republic. I've uploaded a flag for the Dominican Republic and edited the flag template, so that problem may solve itself as soon as the change is approved. However, the Colombia one is a bit of a mystery.

Looking at the template, there is already a flag for Colombia, but it doesn't work when I use the player template (i.e. the {{player|whoever|flag=Colombia}}), but it does work when I use {{flag|Colombia}}. I have to admit, at this point, I have no idea what's wrong

Also, since the Colombian flag was not returned, I uploaded one before I realized there was already one uploaded. So could someone delete (Wiki)File:Co.gif, please?

P.S. Speaking of deleting articles, I tagged (Wiki)Challenges and (Wiki)Chinese starcraft 2 scene some time ago for deletion on grounds of being redundant. Could someone delete those too?
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-07 22:43:08
October 07 2011 22:42 GMT
#425
All of my info on CatsPajamas page I transcribed from his IPL commentary. I'm sorry I made so many version changes, but it didn't need to be reverted.
Support your esport!
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-08 04:43:26
October 08 2011 04:02 GMT
#426
Hey what did I do wrong here, http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/index.php?title=CheckSix_Gaming , the references no longer go to the link but instead link to the Team Achievements title?

Also is there already a playhem page or something? i think there should be one sicne the sheer amount of tourneys that they host daily
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-08 05:07:22
October 08 2011 04:55 GMT
#427
So, I was looking at the league icons, and I thought that they kind of looked a little like Pokemon gym badges, especially since there were 8 of them (and one for the TSL, which isn't a regular league). I thought it'd be cool to update a player's infobox to include what badges they'd won.

The problem is, the infobox doesn't have a tag for anything like "Tournaments won".

Right now, I have MVP's infobox looking like this.

[image loading]

But "Crowning achievements" really ought to have an "x3" after the GOM Badge, which doesn't fit the visual flow I'm trying to make, to show breadth of tournaments won.

How can I add that, and should I even? Or should I put the x3 in there? Or, more visually, just 3 Gom badges?

Edit: Oh no, it got reverted

I thought it was a cool idea
Koorb
Profile Joined March 2011
France266 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-10 12:38:03
October 08 2011 13:13 GMT
#428
On October 08 2011 13:55 Ribbon wrote:
So, I was looking at the league icons, and I thought that they kind of looked a little like Pokemon gym badges, especially since there were 8 of them (and one for the TSL, which isn't a regular league). I thought it'd be cool to update a player's infobox to include what badges they'd won.

The problem is, the infobox doesn't have a tag for anything like "Tournaments won".

Right now, I have MVP's infobox looking like this.

But "Crowning achievements" really ought to have an "x3" after the GOM Badge, which doesn't fit the visual flow I'm trying to make, to show breadth of tournaments won.

How can I add that, and should I even? Or should I put the x3 in there? Or, more visually, just 3 Gom badges?

Edit: Oh no, it got reverted

I thought it was a cool idea


It is a cool idea ;-) I'm going to work on the infobox player template, so that it could display the crowning achievements more accurately.

EDIT: Modifying Template:Infobox Player wasn't necessary after all, I hope everyone is OK with the new display of the crowning achievements.
Liquipedia
Readersblock
Profile Joined June 2009
United States43 Posts
October 09 2011 14:58 GMT
#429
Anyone else think it would be a little neat to have, a region distribution, ( NA, korean (foreigner), europe, etc) throughout a tournament, kinda like the racial distribution that shows the amount of zerg/terran/protoss/random, in each stage of the tournament?
Lurking Since 2008
Mainland
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada551 Posts
October 10 2011 13:04 GMT
#430
I really liked the old multi-tab layout for things like GSL and MLG. I felt it was very intuitive understand how everything is ordered. The change makes sense because there are just a lot of tournaments to fit in one row of tabs, but I feel from an interface standpoint, the "[show]" isn't drawing enough attention as those set of links deserve.

I'm thinking all in terms of someone new to Liquipedia who's trying to find out about the different GSLs or something like that. Maybe consider adding something that would prompt a new user to actually open that box to see all the goodies that are inside. I just feel the way it is right now makes it too easy to miss, and then it becomes frustrating trying navigate through all the tournaments.

For example, some bright triangles that draw attention to the fact that the bar is expandible, and not just some a subtitle or something like that:

[image loading]
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
October 11 2011 06:33 GMT
#431
I agree with Mainland, it might be a good idea to draw more attention to those. I myself personally missed those tabs on some pages before I knew they were there, they just kind of slipped my eyes. And also, can anyone review my edits to the wiki, especially concerning ESEA 2? Thanks!!
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
MindcrimeNL
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands1 Post
October 11 2011 08:18 GMT
#432
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Patches

Patch 1.4.0 is in fact build 19679 and not (as stated) 19678.
salle
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden5554 Posts
October 11 2011 13:19 GMT
#433
On October 11 2011 17:18 MindcrimeNL wrote:
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Patches

Patch 1.4.0 is in fact build 19679 and not (as stated) 19678.


Fixed it, but if you wanted to you could have logged in to liquipedia with your tl account and edited it yourself I'm sure.
Administrator"Ambitious but rubbish!" - Jeremy Clarkson
salle
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden5554 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-12 04:56:53
October 11 2011 13:41 GMT
#434
On October 10 2011 22:04 Mainland wrote:
I really liked the old multi-tab layout for things like GSL and MLG. I felt it was very intuitive understand how everything is ordered. The change makes sense because there are just a lot of tournaments to fit in one row of tabs, but I feel from an interface standpoint, the "[show]" isn't drawing enough attention as those set of links deserve.

I'm thinking all in terms of someone new to Liquipedia who's trying to find out about the different GSLs or something like that. Maybe consider adding something that would prompt a new user to actually open that box to see all the goodies that are inside. I just feel the way it is right now makes it too easy to miss, and then it becomes frustrating trying navigate through all the tournaments.

For example, some bright triangles that draw attention to the fact that the bar is expandible, and not just some a subtitle or something like that:

[image loading]

On October 11 2011 15:33 Superiorwolf wrote:
I agree with Mainland, it might be a good idea to draw more attention to those. I myself personally missed those tabs on some pages before I knew they were there, they just kind of slipped my eyes. And also, can anyone review my edits to the wiki, especially concerning ESEA 2? Thanks!!


Hmm sure, I guess, but I do have a few reservations:
Firstly it should only be shown on navboxes that are "collapsed", this would require someone to add a little to the javascript on the wiki, or the message of the icons will not be as clear.
Secondly it would have to look good and fit into the current style/skins, not be too much of an eyesore.
Thirdly how many people would actually benefit from this? I agree that a first timer might not understand exactly what it does, but nor do they understand a lot of the conventions on Liquipedia, as with any page it does have a learning curve. For me personally I don't think it's worth my time as I would have to do a lot of learning to get it working properly.
But if people with knowledge, time and will to do this makes it happen it is of course beneficial to the site.
Administrator"Ambitious but rubbish!" - Jeremy Clarkson
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-12 04:41:47
October 12 2011 04:41 GMT
#435
Hey, can anyone add my skype so they can answer my questions? I have a lot.
How do I change the {{team|infinityseven}} so that is works and has infinity Seven's mini logo on it [[Image:Is-logo-mini.png]] ?
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
salle
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden5554 Posts
October 12 2011 04:54 GMT
#436
Or you could join us on #liquipedia on quakenet. There's usually someone around to answer questions, at least if you give it a few minutes.

Administrator"Ambitious but rubbish!" - Jeremy Clarkson
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
October 12 2011 05:19 GMT
#437
Oh nice! Thanks
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
Ehon
Profile Joined October 2011
Italy1 Post
October 13 2011 13:08 GMT
#438
Hi all! I'm a Liquipedia enthustiat and I want ( with the help of other people ) to translate it in italian language; I've began with the Zerg strategy section and the relative ability template.
I would be happy If there someone that want to collaborate in this HUGE project.
Have a look to the translated SCability page, where I give some sort o hint of the ability trans.
BTW See ya, GG at all!

P.S.: For me, GL and GT ( Translation :D )
iMAniaC
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway703 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-15 08:13:56
October 15 2011 08:13 GMT
#439
Has someone ever taken a conscious choice whether Liquipedia should be divided into language-specific subdomains vs. the system we have now, or has it just become that way by itself when people have been putting in translated articles? What I mean is, having all French, Italian etc. pages on a sort of separate subdomain, like wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/fr/ or something like that, vs having all pages on the same wiki as it is now?

I certainly see advantages and disadvantages to both solutions. On the one hand, one wouldn't want to split the community, so to say (and all sorts of ugly words come into mind, like segregation and cleansing, almost prompting me to cancel my post a dozen times over.), but on the other hand, it would become increasingly difficult to use the search field in certain searches, if the ten first articles are the same article, only in ten different languages. But then again, if one would separate them, then one wouldn't be able to find an article that is only in another language than English.

Another factor is that articles in other languages do enter the list of pages that LP itself generates, like the list of stubs, list of orphaned pages, list of pages needing moderation and so on. This, again, has pros and cons: On the one hand, a great deal of people have different mother tongues than English, and having those articles there will make the people who have the necessary competence see the articles in the other languages and perhaps they will do something with them. On the other hand, the automatically generated lists become cluttered with articles one doesn't have any chance of doing something useful with, if one doesn't happen to speak the language in which a given article is written.

I think the optimal solution would be if certain languages could be toggled, so that, for instance, one could choose to see only English and whatever other languages one speaks, in the automatically generated lists. Also, if one searches for an article that doesn't exist in English, one would get hits from other languages as well, or perhaps there could be a rating system, so that the language one searches in, is always matched, but if the article in another language is longer, that, too, is listed as a search result. This, of course, requires that someone change the code in LP and there is no doubt that it's a valid concern whether this would be the best use of their time.

And then again, I might be the only person on LP who likes to look at the list of stubs etc., and everyone else just keep using LP without a care in the world. But I still wanted to mention it.

In conclusion, I don't know what would be the best solution, but I would like if whatever we end up with, is a conscious decision, because it will get increasingly time consuming to change the design later as the number of pages in different languages grow. I also wanted to throw out a few ideas, because you guys who code LP are awesome and perhaps it's all much simpler than I thought or perhaps you think it would be fun to do, nonetheless. However, I think the most important thing of the solution should be that the guys who are actually doing the awesome job of translating articles, shouldn't feel that they're doing something that's being ignored or shuffled away. I still want all of Liquipedia to be a coherent whole, I'm merely drawing attention to how the coherent whole is organized and whether it is the optimal way to do it.

Edit: Oops, this turned out to be quite a wall of text, sorry about that.
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
October 15 2011 09:20 GMT
#440
We have quite a few translations, but not nearly as many that were to justify making a subdomain for it. We do plan on building more of a structure around it (including categorizing the translations more efficiently) but the focus will, for the forseeable future, be English.
The main problem with translations is that they translate an instance of an article whereas an article itself is constantly changing, evolving, growing over time. If a unit receives a patch we'll make sure it changes in the English page, but we lack the amount of dedicated translators to effectively make the changes for all its relevant translation pages.
I personally see it as a nice addition to the wiki, but not as a feature.
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 87 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
UpATreeSC 65
TKL 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5161
Bisu 1995
Soulkey 1567
EffOrt 769
Mini 574
Horang2 379
Larva 344
ZerO 300
actioN 245
ggaemo 244
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 114
Yoon 105
Mind 96
sorry 85
hero 77
Shinee 67
Sharp 65
Barracks 58
Pusan 57
Snow 52
Hyun 42
Bale 30
Trap 26
ToSsGirL 23
Rock 18
NaDa 17
Terrorterran 15
Sacsri 13
scan(afreeca) 13
Noble 10
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5722
qojqva2463
Dendi1312
420jenkins262
League of Legends
Reynor74
Counter-Strike
fl0m3003
Fnx 724
x6flipin340
edward42
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes306
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1236
hiko1006
B2W.Neo452
DeMusliM289
XBOCT220
Livibee211
Liquid`VortiX199
QueenE99
Mew2King47
ZerO(Twitch)18
FrodaN0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
Other Games
WardiTV24
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 73
• mYiSmile130
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV606
League of Legends
• Nemesis3756
• TFBlade756
Other Games
• Shiphtur436
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 4m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.