• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:33
CEST 11:33
KST 18:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9499 users

Progamer Portrait Art [ rA, sAviOr, Much ]

Blogs > lena56k
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
lena56k
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada34 Posts
May 19 2008 20:23 GMT
#1
Hey everyone! I'm Lena, and I'm new here annnnd it's my first blog post. I love Starcraft and drawing but I'm mediocre at most at both haha. Although I'm always trying to improve both!

I kind've debated sharing these because upon looking at them again.. I don't think they're really worthy to post.. the styles look pretty different and erratic because I'm still experimenting and none of these are really polished IMO. So I'm nervous about it, but what the heck, it's my blog, and hopefully some of you might enjoy them!


[image loading]

April 26/08
Nal_rA, 3 hours.


[image loading]

May 3/08
Much[GM], 2 hours.


[image loading]

May 19/08
sAviOr, 4 hours.


Sorry if they look huge on your monitor. :p I use Photoshop CS2, and a Wacom Intuos2 tablet.
I like to do a cross between realism and stylized artwork.


I can't do individual requests because of my workload, but: What progamer would you like to see drawn most?

*****
BW <3
Descent
Profile Joined January 2008
1244 Posts
May 19 2008 20:28 GMT
#2
Wow, amazing. <3 They look very nice, good job. x3

Mm...how about (P)Reach? Or (T)Casy? Or...(T)Hwasin. x3 !!
「 Dream & Future 」 ※ 「 STX SouL 」
ahole-surprise
Profile Joined August 2007
United States813 Posts
May 19 2008 20:28 GMT
#3
Dark Elf
Pulp can move, baby!
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-05-19 20:30:41
May 19 2008 20:30 GMT
#4
Nice artwork

Do XELLOS please~~

I like nal_ra's pic the best
Official Entusman #21
werd
Profile Joined January 2008
19 Posts
May 19 2008 20:31 GMT
#5
you are too hard on yourself, your work is good.

i really like the style you went for. it shows the humanity of the individual, rather than the stats/numbers side of a progamer.

dont let other people criticsms affect you; you know your own self worth.
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
May 19 2008 20:32 GMT
#6
Much came out the most accurate. I like the style with which you drew them, but I think you need to work on proportions (some aspects of your faces are skewed) and I guess accuracy (Savior and Nal_ra don't resemble themselves IMO). It was a great effort though, if I didn't know who they were supposed to be I'd like it a lot more because I do like your style.
Peace~
Titusmaster6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5937 Posts
May 19 2008 20:34 GMT
#7
You're way too modest...

Anyway all three look great. I really dig your style, it's really the best I think I've seen, and fits the progamer since really well. But of course to be perfectly honest, the drawings don't portray the progamers very well yet. For example, I would not have recognized Savior if you didn't tag him but I'm sure you'll improve.

Hopefully I wasn't too harsh? Oh ya, and could you do Nada?
Shorts down shorts up, BOOM, just like that.
dinmsab
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Malaysia2246 Posts
May 19 2008 20:34 GMT
#8
omg, why did you write in the blog section? this art deserves its own thread. Honestly, its THAT good... you should make more of these.

FBH maybe? =P
..
bladebrood
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
189 Posts
May 19 2008 20:35 GMT
#9
ok now yourself in a TL shirt
gogogo

or maybe.. yellow now please, the real yellow~!
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
May 19 2008 20:36 GMT
#10
keep it up, they look fine, just need some small attention to details to make them look more like what they should look like
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
Sigrun
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1655 Posts
May 19 2008 20:36 GMT
#11
Very nice! I like the colors especially.
Graphics
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
May 19 2008 20:38 GMT
#12
awww, nal_ra and savior look so cute!!!

savior is normally posing like "I'm the king of the world and i can beat anyone, and i dont even care", but that image is more like "please girls come and cuddle with me!!!!".

So he's got a soft side as well despite the CJ-face.
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
May 19 2008 20:43 GMT
#13
If there wouldn't have been any title, I couldn't have recognize savior and ra. Though I recognised Much easily!

Nice, keep up.


Could you draw my MUMYUNG portrait pls?
And all is illuminated.
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
May 19 2008 20:48 GMT
#14
Good job! They look very nice. I wish I could do things like this t_t
Moderator<:3-/-<
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
May 19 2008 20:49 GMT
#15
I really like nalra

savior looks nice, but doesnt have the right face

his eyes arent droopy enough
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Pangolin
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1035 Posts
May 19 2008 20:53 GMT
#16
On May 20 2008 05:43 freelander wrote:
If there wouldn't have been any title, I couldn't have recognize savior and ra. Though I recognised Much easily!


That is funny I was thinking the opposite. I could tell Nal_Ra and Definitely Savior but without the the titles I wouldn't have been able to recognize Much. Anyway, like everyone else I think that you did a great job. I would love to see a portrait of Sea[Shield] myself.
It's easier not to.
merz
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Sweden2760 Posts
May 19 2008 21:09 GMT
#17
They were all well-made, but they didn't really resemble the real version of them though (except for much, that one was pretty accurate imo). You really did a great job on Nal_Ra's eyes (they look like they do irl) and I woulda recongnized savior cuz of the ear jewelry and hairstyle ;o
Winners never quit, quitters never win.
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
May 19 2008 21:12 GMT
#18
Hey Lena. Welcome to TeamLiquid. I really enjoy your artworks and I think you have great talent. Please keep drawing and posting your arts here. ! I'm sure a lot people will like them. I really like your signature!

Best regards
Silvano
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
Not_Computer
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada2277 Posts
May 19 2008 21:12 GMT
#19
all in caps for emphasis:

THEY ARE SOOOOOO GOOD!!! WOW!!! GOOD JOB !!! KEEP GOING AT IT, YOU GOT SO MUCH TALENT!!!

who cares if they aren't exactly like the original, it's a more fantasized drool-worthy rendition of the players.

Heck, I dare you to do IriS[gm] and see how that turns out XD
"Jaedong hyung better be ready. I'm going to order the most expensive dinner in Korea."
Raithed
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
China7078 Posts
May 19 2008 21:18 GMT
#20
do another nal_ra with a scout in the back.. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 223
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 710
Soulkey 304
Horang2 278
Larva 244
Zeus 211
Mini 197
Soma 167
Sexy 90
Mind 72
ZerO 67
[ Show more ]
soO 31
scan(afreeca) 24
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
zelot 8
Hyun 7
sorry 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe263
canceldota3
League of Legends
JimRising 495
Other Games
gofns28920
singsing1720
Coldzera 707
Pyrionflax123
Happy103
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick679
BasetradeTV216
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2263
League of Legends
• Jankos2663
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
27m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM223
Online Event
2h 27m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 27m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 27m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.