• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:22
CEST 03:22
KST 10:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8553 users

How to grow taller?

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
vstar
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Korea (South)693 Posts
August 04 2007 13:47 GMT
#1
I am a 17 year old guy but I believe my height isn't so tall compared to the rest of the people I know, or just with people in general. I am only 5'7 so I need serious help how to grow. I excercise every day so I am not like fat or anything ><;;

Any methods? I really want to grow to at least 5'11!!
Pressure
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
7326 Posts
August 04 2007 13:48 GMT
#2
milk
at least thats what strafe told me and hes like 202cm (6 8)

im 5 5 its ok man T.T
itzme_petey
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States1400 Posts
August 04 2007 13:50 GMT
#3
milk, basketball, and correct posture.
"Last night, I played a game.. as I recall it was a strategy game.. Peeked around and what did I see, a girl playing starcraft better than me.. and I jizzed in my pants.."
XDawn
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
Canada4040 Posts
August 04 2007 13:50 GMT
#4
Im same as you - 17 year old, 5'7. How sad.
Use it or lose it
ZZangDreamjOy
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada959 Posts
August 04 2007 13:50 GMT
#5
I'd agree with milk.
I'm about 204 cm.
I drink ALOT of milk.
HitEmUp
DarkYoDA
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States1347 Posts
August 04 2007 13:50 GMT
#6
milk. But I think beyond a certain age it wouldn't help regardless.
It's a comedy to claim thy superiority when it's anothers' inferiority which elevated thy mediocrity
Skittled
Profile Joined July 2007
United States160 Posts
August 04 2007 13:51 GMT
#7
Hey man, I'm 14 and 5'4. I bet people told you thousands of times, but it all depends on your family's height, your diet, exercise, and also other stuff like stress or if your doing some streneous activity that stunts your growth.

Um, my brother is pretty tall. He's a little younger than me. At 13 he's already 5'6, we think it's because he started swimming at age 5. I started around age 13, so maybe swimming helps. Milk definitely, and just don't worry too much about it.
vstar
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Korea (South)693 Posts
August 04 2007 13:52 GMT
#8
How many cups of milk a day would do? O.o
MaRiNe23
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States747 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-08-04 13:53:48
August 04 2007 13:53 GMT
#9
OMG? I'm like EXACTLY like you and i wanted to know how to grow taller so bad!! It would've helped me so much when playing against those black kids in basketball at my school T_T. You might find this weird but im the EXACT same height and age as you xD and I wanna know this as bad as you. I'm actually interested in what people are gonna say :o

Edit: wow..six people already replied as i was writing this xD
We have competitive ladder, strong community, progaming in Korea going strong, perfectly balanced game..why do we need sc2? #1 ANTI-SC2 fan
Schones_Chaos
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States226 Posts
August 04 2007 13:53 GMT
#10
You know the vitamins your parents tell you to take as a kid? they work.
I am 5' 9" at 15 (just turned 15)
"Dont kill two birds with one stone, Bring a shotgun and get all the birds..."
vstar
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Korea (South)693 Posts
August 04 2007 13:55 GMT
#11
On August 04 2007 22:53 Schones_Chaos wrote:
You know the vitamins your parents tell you to take as a kid? they work.
I am 5' 9" at 15 (just turned 15)


Seriously...people younger than me are so much taller haha
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
August 04 2007 13:56 GMT
#12
Genetic potential plus nutrition minus stressors is a basic formula. Genetically speaking, the heights of mother and son and of father and daughter correlate, suggesting that a short mother will more likely bear a shorter son, and tall fathers will have tall daughters.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height#Determinants_of_growth_and_height

Milk is no more important than other food with nutrients. Unless you severely neglect your diet, nutrition shouldnt really impact your height.
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Wizard
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Poland5055 Posts
August 04 2007 13:58 GMT
#13
Every single one of my cousins is 6'1+...personally, I just think it's genetics -_-
sAviOr[gm] ~ want to watch good replays? read my blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/wizard
vstar
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Korea (South)693 Posts
August 04 2007 13:59 GMT
#14
That is so unfair. My mom is 5'1 lol wow...and my dad is 6'0
SO UNFAIR i have a sister too
FirstProbe
Profile Joined June 2004
1206 Posts
August 04 2007 14:00 GMT
#15
tough luck buddy
chances are your growth plates have more or less fused...
by the way, did you know that girls tend to be taller at a younger age (c.f. boys), yet end up shorter? - thats cos of estrogen! (both bits)
Pressure
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
7326 Posts
August 04 2007 14:03 GMT
#16
both my parents are shorter than me
wow this is great
Flying_Llama
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Canada419 Posts
August 04 2007 14:04 GMT
#17
Its pretty funny, some people in my highschool take growing pills that dont do shit. It's just sad, they're so obsessed with their height and stuff and i think sometimes you just gotta accept it. I heard that your height is mainly based on ur genes, diet, excersize and stuff like that. But im not too sure about the genes part because both my parents are kinda average/short (5'8 and 5'5) and I'm 6'0 at 15 so...i duno. You should swim or play basketball and get alot of calcium. I just play alotta sports n i used to take calcium pills which help alot imo....

I guess sometimes ur height is kinda based on luck so even if you dunt grow, dont get too upset cuz theres prob lots of ppl in the world dats shorter/ just like u.
LonelyMargarita
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
1845 Posts
August 04 2007 14:05 GMT
#18
I could be wrong, but I believe most studies suggest that strenuous exercise or working out at a young age actually inhibits growth.

As for anecdotal evidence: I'm not sure that I have first hand experience with this - I didn't start lifting and running a lot until I was 14, but that IS when I stopped growing. I'm at least 4 inches shorter than every other male relative 1 generation above me (3 uncles and father), and I know my dad grew until he was 20. I personally believe I'm short because of a bone disorder (can't spell the name - tibia extending laterally instead of vertically at the knee) I had around 12 combined with hyperthyroidism. Milk didn't help me much...I drank it with 3 meals a day growing up, and now drink 2-3 quarts a day.

I'd suggest making sure you are getting a balanced diet, ENOUGH calories, protein, and calcium, and taking a multivitamin.
I <3 서지훈
boghat
Profile Joined January 2007
United States2109 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-08-04 14:14:30
August 04 2007 14:13 GMT
#19
You just have shit genes, it's not that big of a deal. I'm only 5'6, oh well nothing I can do about it.
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
August 04 2007 14:15 GMT
#20
i'm 6'1 and i never drank milk until very recently. my dad is 5'11 and my mom is like 5'4. i'm the tallest person in my family.
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft493
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta17
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft493
WinterStarcraft293
RuFF_SC2 70
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 924
White-Ra 141
Noble 63
NaDa 62
Hyuk 52
Bale 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm152
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift4616
Counter-Strike
taco 428
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox576
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor687
Other Games
summit1g7779
Coldzera 843
C9.Mang0329
ViBE58
ArmadaUGS48
Mew2King44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick714
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 101
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21405
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 39m
Online Event
9h 39m
FEL
14h 39m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 39m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 39m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.