• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:28
CEST 22:28
KST 05:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8564 users

So tired of East..What can I do??

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
ProStimPack
Profile Joined June 2011
22 Posts
November 13 2012 23:01 GMT
#1








I play fastest map, "yea, I know"

But, what I am trying to say is. I am just so tired of all the hackers. I usually take a stand against some. But now it is to the point where I just expect one of my ally or opponents to multi or maphack. Almost impossible to get a clean game going??

It is just insane, it was not as bad 6 months ago.

Has anyone heard anything from blizzard regarding Broodwar East Servers. Or, is there a way I can report the hackers?

I keep a list of names I have written down on a notebook and replays as proof.
LuckyFool
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States9015 Posts
November 13 2012 23:13 GMT
#2
blizzard hasn't really enforced anything on useast for broodwar since probably 2001. Even when the ladder was still active people hacked it and blizz didn't do anything. Sadly there's no way to deal with it other than use anti hacks or finding a circle of friends who you can trust and don't play public games.
NeVeR
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
1352 Posts
November 13 2012 23:16 GMT
#3
I wouldn't count on Blizzard to do anything that concerns BW from now on... Just play normal maps on iccup/fish? Fastest is crap anyway. If you really want to play money, I'm not sure but I think some koreans might play it on fish (not fastest, but some different money map).
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
November 13 2012 23:16 GMT
#4
storm or reaver drops on FMP. yummmy~!

they werent banning hackers even before sc2 came out. doubt they will do so now.
EchOne
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2906 Posts
November 13 2012 23:19 GMT
#5
I think there are occasional fastest map games on iCCup if you wanna try that out. There are also most definitely BGH games on iCCup too. I don't know if it's fullproof, but the iCCup anti-hack has to be significantly better than US East's 0 measures against hacking.
面白くない世の中, 面白くすればいいさ
cz
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3249 Posts
November 13 2012 23:28 GMT
#6
u are so pro it hurts

User was temp banned for this post.
CroN
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States22 Posts
November 13 2012 23:30 GMT
#7
They won't do anything about hackers. I remember I would even try reporting the popular hackers to blizzard and the hackers were still hosting games weeks/months later.

Also I remember I tried a korean hack detector years ago which gave a message at the start of each game. Is that the same one in your videos? Does it tell you when it detects multicommand? I stopped using that one because it was too sensitive. It often alerts of multicommand at the start of games meanwhile it's just the b.net lag at the start. Players select all 4 workers and makes a worker from their main right when the game lags (it freezes for .5 seconds or so) and the antihack thinks it's a multicommand/automine. It gives a lot of false readings. I think I used a combination of advloader and chaoslauncher. I used chaos as my primary loader and took some plugins from adv lol.

FMP is more balanced on vanilla SC too. FMP dominated east and west on original. There are less players to play against compared to BW but you will actually come across better games on original. Any top tier FMP player would agree with that. I haven't player SC in years so I'm sure the FMP community has nearly died out but give original a shot and see how it is. You might come across less hackers. You can also try switching between east and west. The latency difference is almost nonexistent.
Cheeseburgered
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States716 Posts
November 13 2012 23:30 GMT
#8
I don't think that Blizzard really cares about hackers on USEast anymore... At least they didn't back when I was active there in 2010
CJ Entusman #58 | Gogogo Stats
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
November 13 2012 23:32 GMT
#9
On November 14 2012 08:19 EchOne wrote:
I think there are occasional fastest map games on iCCup if you wanna try that out. There are also most definitely BGH games on iCCup too. I don't know if it's fullproof, but the iCCup anti-hack has to be significantly better than US East's 0 measures against hacking.


This is good advice. Could also try a korean server like Fish? I don't know if they play fastest over there... or if you'd mind the language barrier though.
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
November 13 2012 23:37 GMT
#10
On November 14 2012 08:32 Jonoman92 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 08:19 EchOne wrote:
I think there are occasional fastest map games on iCCup if you wanna try that out. There are also most definitely BGH games on iCCup too. I don't know if it's fullproof, but the iCCup anti-hack has to be significantly better than US East's 0 measures against hacking.


This is good advice. Could also try a korean server like Fish? I don't know if they play fastest over there... or if you'd mind the language barrier though.

I would not want to play fastest vs koreans xD
:)
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
November 13 2012 23:39 GMT
#11
why not play on iccup?
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
November 13 2012 23:41 GMT
#12
I think there is a lot more hackers in these FMP games, if you really want to rid yourself of hackers you should try to lean more towards non money maps, once you get a grip on how it is played it is more enjoyable as well. Also no offense to you or anyone that likes FMP, but it isn't how StarCraft was made to be played, I don't even consider it real starcraft.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
JohnChoi
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
1773 Posts
November 13 2012 23:43 GMT
#13
when me and some friends played fastest on east or west we would use wlauncher to detect hackers
ProStimPack
Profile Joined June 2011
22 Posts
November 13 2012 23:50 GMT
#14
I really love the advice and love you guys give. Is there ANY way or hotline...I could call or contact to get rid of these hackers. I WILL make it my own personal holy war to get rid of them. If there is a will there is a way.... Someone much wiser than me said that.
ProStimPack
Profile Joined June 2011
22 Posts
November 13 2012 23:51 GMT
#15
I will bring East back to it's own personal 1990s era glory
CroN
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States22 Posts
November 13 2012 23:58 GMT
#16
On November 14 2012 08:41 GGzerG wrote:
I think there is a lot more hackers in these FMP games, if you really want to rid yourself of hackers you should try to lean more towards non money maps, once you get a grip on how it is played it is more enjoyable as well. Also no offense to you or anyone that likes FMP, but it isn't how StarCraft was made to be played, I don't even consider it real starcraft.


In sc1 the top level of FMP was pretty competitive and very difficult to learn. There is only 1 map to play on and after like 8 years or so it still had better players entering the community. I completely agree with you that it was not how sc was meant to be played and that the top players on FMP don't even compare to the top bw players, but it didn't break the game in the sense where it was no longer considered real starcraft. FMP did have unlimited resources but the build times, units, and rate of income remained the same. It has 50 mineral patches right next to the main but that just means 1 scv is required per mineral patch. There are probably less workers mining in a top tier FMP game than workers mining in a SC2 game. I'm not trying to argue which is superior, just trying to say that FMP isn't as bad as most people probably imagine it to be. The biggest difference between is securing addition resources and transferring workers. Also players like Stalife and Hashe came directly from FMP, as did Team Vile.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10388 Posts
November 14 2012 00:01 GMT
#17
On November 14 2012 08:50 ProStimPack wrote:
I really love the advice and love you guys give. Is there ANY way or hotline...I could call or contact to get rid of these hackers. I WILL make it my own personal holy war to get rid of them. If there is a will there is a way.... Someone much wiser than me said that.

Goku!

Use wLauncher.

Or stop playing fastest =_=
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
eNtitY~
Profile Joined January 2007
United States1293 Posts
November 14 2012 00:09 GMT
#18
You could play in http://starcraftdream.com FMP leagues. We have a team of Mods and a 3rd party program designed to stop hacking in the league.

http://www.starcraftdream.com
ProStimPack
Profile Joined June 2011
22 Posts
November 14 2012 00:09 GMT
#19
Is there a way to report hackers. This is my main question now, I REALLY will go the full effort in creating petitions or speaking with someone on the phone. Some people don't understand...I will PAY money to create a effort to stop bw hacking. Help me help you plz
NeVeR
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
1352 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-14 00:14:32
November 14 2012 00:11 GMT
#20
Fastest might be somewhat okay if it were not for the fact that all of your workers are retardedly stacked up in one place. This totally discourages offensive play, since you need to make such an effort to prevent a storm/scarab/etc from going off on your workers. Also no one cares that good players came from fastest.. The fact that they switched only goes to show that they realized low-money is by far better.
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 535
UpATreeSC 106
JuggernautJason16
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 731
Dewaltoss 119
firebathero 90
Zeus 70
Trap 37
910 32
NaDa 29
Bale 28
ToSsGirL 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever227
Counter-Strike
edward185
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS105
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3127
Liquid`Hasu2234
Other Games
summit1g6007
B2W.Neo635
Beastyqt602
shahzam409
byalli398
ToD199
C9.Mang0160
KnowMe154
TKL 102
Railgan15
Chillindude14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV254
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream167
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 64
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• blackmanpl 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur283
• WagamamaTV268
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 32m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 32m
Stellar Fest
16h 32m
Stellar Fest
16h 32m
Stellar Fest
16h 32m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.