• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:08
CEST 21:08
KST 04:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7627 users

[Interview]TL.net Fan Club Q & A for MVP_DongRaeGu

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-24 02:07:09
September 23 2012 04:24 GMT
#1
[Crosslink] DongRaeGu Fans Q & A Project Completed

[image loading]





Hi fans of TeamLiquid.net,

What better way to celebrate this wonderful site's birthday than with something completely original!
Teamliquid.net is such a special place for all of us esports fans, so today, the fans have banded together to make something truly unique happen.

Today I bring to you a TeamLiquid.net exclusive interview with GSL Champion, MLG Champion, Dreamhack Champion, IEM Champion, Korean StarCraft II Superstar and a generally Awesome person, (Z)MVP_DongRaeGu. To my knowledge, this is the first time ordinary fans just like you and I, have been able to make contact with and interview a professional Korean StarCraft player. DRG is someone who we greatly admire for his skills, character and passion for the game.

I want to thank DongRaeGu for always being so kind to his fans, for his sincerity and for being a total BAWS for allowing us this interview.




[image loading]
photo by R1CH


Hi DRG, This interview is conducted by your most loyal international fans.
We are working hard to promote your image to starcraft fans all over the world.
Won't you please spare a moment to answer these questions when you have time.

You may answer in Korean, we have a translator:

Original Answers in Korean Here:

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=368660&currentpage=2#31


1. [Q] DRG, you are one of the most popular professional players outside of Korea.
How popular are you in Korea? Do you have as many korean fans as foreign fans?


A) I do have several fans who find their way to the studio to cheer me on but overall, my overseas fans definitely outnumber the amount of Korean fans I have.

2. [Q] DRG, could you describe what your typical day is like?
Such as, what time do you wake up, how long you practice, do you have dinner with your teammates, etc?


A) If you're asking what I do on a daily basis: I wake up around 1pm and eat lunch till around 2pm. After I've completely woken up, I practice from around 2 - 5. From 5, I usually eat dinner and then have some free time. Then I practice again till around 10pm and then my teammates and I play a game of soccer. Afterwards, my teammates who feel tired will go to bed while the others will just play some games. In my case, I tend to just surf the internet and then go to bed around 4am.

3. [Q] How many siblings do you have and have you taught them how to be gosu at starcraft yet?

A) I have an older brother who is two years older than me. He's tried SC2 before out of curiosity but he's never expressed any wishes to become a gamer like me so I've never really taught him anything ^^.

4. [Q] Growing up, what did you do for fun and when did you first get into gaming or starcraft?

A) Well, I guess you could say that my friends and I would hang out together a lot after school hours were over. We would also go to PC bangs and play games together. I probably found StarCraft when I was in my second grade of elementary school. An older brother at the computer institute that I was attending at that time introduced StarCraft to me and then from then on, I was hooked.

5. [Q] What has been the sources of your motivation and happiness through difficult times?

A) Well, I'm the type of guy to just sleep it off and forget about it the next day if I ever face a difficult time, so I can't really say I do anything special to get through any difficult times. If I just go to sleep, I feel completely refreshed the next day.

6. [Q] How did you meet your girlfriend?

A) hahahahahaha. I think I'll choose the no comment option for this one. My gf is also sensitive to a question like this so I'll just leave it at.... if the timing is right, fate will bring two people together.

7. [Q] Who are you closest to in the teamhouse? Do you guys do anything fun together?

A) I don't necessary consider anyone to be really close to me. I'm older than most of them so I just kind of view them as close younger brothers whom I get along with. As for doing fun things together... hmm... we play soccer together, and sometimes we'll go out late at night to grab a bite to eat, going to karaoke rooms or billiards rooms.. or sometimes we'll go clothes shopping together. That's pretty much how we hang out haha.

8. [Q] Can you tell us a fun story about the things that go on in the teamhouse?

A) Since living in the team house is like living at an educational academy, even though we have fun together all the time, there isn't necessarily a very funny story that I can think of at this time hahaha. I guess you could say we diss each other a lot, make each other laugh, oh and also, sometimes we'll hide in each other's closets and jump out and scare the other person.

9. [Q] Aside from yourself, who do you consider the best player on MVP?

A) Well, to be honest I can't really pick just one player. They're all really skilled you know? For Zergs, I think Monster and Sniper are the best. For Protoss, I think finale and Vampire are the best. And for Terran, I would say KeeN and Noblesse are the best.

10. [Q] When you are taking a break from practice, how do you like to relax? Do you play other games, do you play sports, etc?

A) I've had times where I'll just lie on my bed and kill time that way. Sometimes I watch movies or dramas. Other times, I'll go to a manga room that's close to the team house and read manga there. I do a lot of different stuff haha.

11. [Q] You don't have to answer this if it's too personal, but why did you tweeted this before the MC match last GSL season?

박수호 ‏@MVPDongRaeGu
울고싶네 (I want to cry)


A) I guess I was facing a personal hardship around that time. But I'm sure it wasn't anything my fans need to be concerned about haha.

12. [Q] What is it like making Lee Jung Hoon (MarineKing) your bitch?*

A) How could you ask such a thing! He is an excellent player who always makes me nervous whenever I face him. He's a rival I always look forward to facing since we have such fun games together.

13. [Q] What do you think about your fan club on teamliquid.net?

A) I am really really thankful. I always visit it and take any advice given in there in to consideration. I also thoroughly enjoy the fact that the fan club is always active. I especially appreciate the fact that it's active even when I'm not playing at that time. My fan club is also always in the red so I am very happy about that.** I am so grateful for the side projects that go on from time to time and I also really loved that shirt I received with everyone's names on it. I truly hope you guys don't throw me away in the future and keep cheering me on. I promise to keep playing my hardest for you guys!!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]




*Joke question, just to see some trash talk, please don't flame us MKP fans! XD*

**What he means is that when you click on the fan clubs section, the most recently bumped fan clubs are in red and the less recent ones are yellow. And he notices that his fan club always has a red folder.




Credits


Project Spearheaded by:
neoghaleon55
TommyP
Djagulingu
SeeKeR


Special thanks to SeeKeR for the translation (both ways!)
His fan club: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=308545

Super Thank You to DongRaeGu again for being super awesome. Please win that OSL!!

And Heart Warming Thank you to TeamLiquid.net
What would fans like me do without this place?!



From the International MVP_DongRaeGu Fan Club on TeamLiquid.net
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=224348

[image loading]
moo...for DRG
NOOBALOPSE
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada802 Posts
September 23 2012 04:32 GMT
#2
Great!!! Loved it.
CCa1ss1e
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3231 Posts
September 23 2012 04:33 GMT
#3
hah.. awesome.. nice job.. hope to see DRG kick some bums in their upcoming GSTL matches.
~ The Ultimate Weapon
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
September 23 2012 04:37 GMT
#4
Hey good job!
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
TommyP
Profile Joined December 2011
United States6231 Posts
September 23 2012 04:38 GMT
#5
Wow DRG's sleep schedule is insane. 4 am to 1 pm. I wish I could do that. I lol'd at the hiding in closets and scaring each other.
#TheOneTrueDong
ROOTheognis
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States4482 Posts
September 23 2012 04:39 GMT
#6
great. I hope more fan clubs would take initiatives like this to grab some more sick in-depth interviews :D
If you avoid your weakness, it will remain your weakness. www.twitter.com/#!/rootheognis Follow me!
Demonhunter04
Profile Joined July 2011
1530 Posts
September 23 2012 04:54 GMT
#7
"If you're asking what I do on a daily basis: I wake up around 1pm and eat lunch till around 2pm. After I've completely woken up, I practice from around 2 - 5. From 5, I usually eat dinner and then have some free time. Then I practice again till around 10pm and then my teammates and I play a game of soccer. Afterwards, my teammates who feel tired will go to bed while the others will just play some games. In my case, I tend to just surf the internet and then go to bed around 4am."

Dafuq kind of schedule is that?
"If you don't drop sweat today, you will drop tears tomorrow" - SlayerSMMA
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
September 23 2012 05:01 GMT
#8
On September 23 2012 13:54 Demonhunter04 wrote:
"If you're asking what I do on a daily basis: I wake up around 1pm and eat lunch till around 2pm. After I've completely woken up, I practice from around 2 - 5. From 5, I usually eat dinner and then have some free time. Then I practice again till around 10pm and then my teammates and I play a game of soccer. Afterwards, my teammates who feel tired will go to bed while the others will just play some games. In my case, I tend to just surf the internet and then go to bed around 4am."

Dafuq kind of schedule is that?


the kind that wins championships
lol
moo...for DRG
ItchyLegs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada369 Posts
September 23 2012 05:03 GMT
#9
he said he takes advice, maybe we should tell him his sleeping / eating schedule is really bad for him?
Isaac
Profile Joined August 2010
United States810 Posts
September 23 2012 05:06 GMT
#10
question 12 is amazing.
number one fan of marineking
GTPGlitch
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
5061 Posts
September 23 2012 05:07 GMT
#11
DRGGGGG
Jo Byung Se #1 fan | CJ_Rush(reborn) fan | Liquid'Jinro(ret) fan | Liquid'Taeja fan | oGsTheSuperNada fan | Iris[gm](ret) fan |
Atrbyg
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States513 Posts
September 23 2012 05:09 GMT
#12
Thanks for the interview! Awesome job.
MCXD
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Australia2738 Posts
September 23 2012 05:10 GMT
#13
We love you DRG <3
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
September 23 2012 05:11 GMT
#14
On September 23 2012 13:54 Demonhunter04 wrote:
"If you're asking what I do on a daily basis: I wake up around 1pm and eat lunch till around 2pm. After I've completely woken up, I practice from around 2 - 5. From 5, I usually eat dinner and then have some free time. Then I practice again till around 10pm and then my teammates and I play a game of soccer. Afterwards, my teammates who feel tired will go to bed while the others will just play some games. In my case, I tend to just surf the internet and then go to bed around 4am."

Dafuq kind of schedule is that?

yeah i was like wut o_O

also, hahaha at the mkp question :D
Wunder
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2950 Posts
September 23 2012 05:13 GMT
#15
Sick! Awesome job you guys! I like that his schedule is a bit relaxed and I'm sure it varies from day to day so don't take it as if its a concrete schedule :p
Writer@joonjoewong
HDgBober
Profile Joined March 2012
25 Posts
September 23 2012 05:20 GMT
#16
Nice view!
SuperYo1000
Profile Joined July 2008
United States880 Posts
September 23 2012 05:20 GMT
#17
sounds like a nice guy....his sleep schedule is a little odd thou
Imbu
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States903 Posts
September 23 2012 05:28 GMT
#18
Damn hella sick interview. Now all the other fan clubs are going to have to step up their game to be even half as awesome as you guys ^^.
@DreamingBird
GeeHyun
Profile Joined September 2011
Argentina20 Posts
September 23 2012 05:30 GMT
#19
On September 23 2012 13:54 Demonhunter04 wrote:
"If you're asking what I do on a daily basis: I wake up around 1pm and eat lunch till around 2pm. After I've completely woken up, I practice from around 2 - 5. From 5, I usually eat dinner and then have some free time. Then I practice again till around 10pm and then my teammates and I play a game of soccer. Afterwards, my teammates who feel tired will go to bed while the others will just play some games. In my case, I tend to just surf the internet and then go to bed around 4am."

Dafuq kind of schedule is that?


I wake up/go to sleep at the same time O: It's actually perfect, and well thought, since if you go to sleep at 4 AM and wake up at 1 PM, you end up sleeping 9 hours which is more than enough to be active on the day...although IT'S NOT THE COOLEST/HEALTHIEST thing ever but considering that his job is to play a SC, it's perfect
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
September 23 2012 05:41 GMT
#20
Just letting you guys know, this was an ABSOLUTE blast. Thank you to neoghaleon55 for setting this up. It was a pleasure translating :D
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 208
ProTech170
JuggernautJason32
CosmosSc2 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21326
Shuttle 704
White-Ra 146
Hyuk 115
Dewaltoss 98
firebathero 72
Trap 45
ToSsGirL 26
Sacsri 20
Bale 17
[ Show more ]
Rock 16
Dota 2
Gorgc10209
qojqva1360
Counter-Strike
fl0m1196
Fnx 865
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King88
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2983
Khaldor1339
crisheroes1131
Liquid`Hasu539
Other Games
summit1g4818
FrodaN1648
XBOCT238
C9.Mang0186
ArmadaUGS169
QueenE83
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV263
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream57
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH337
• StrangeGG 73
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 11
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie905
• Shiphtur319
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 52m
CranKy Ducklings
14h 52m
Online Event
15h 52m
FEL
20h 52m
AI Arena Tournament
21h 52m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 52m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.