• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:48
CEST 19:48
KST 02:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8442 users

My fiance was told about my past. What can I do?

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
MissUncertain
Profile Joined June 2012
United States1 Post
June 25 2012 20:52 GMT
#1
I am really in a bind and I don't know what to do.

A little over a year ago I met my now fiancé. When we met we clicked instantly and became an item right away. He is charming, intelligent, attractive, educated and an all around great guy. About four months ago, we moved in together and it's been great - we have similar interests and just really enjoy the time we spend together. I knew he was serious about me when he started talking about the future as "our future together." I can honestly say that I want to spend the rest of my life with him.

A couple of months into our relationship, we had a talk about our past boyfriends / girlfriends. He's 31 (I'm 28) and has had a few girlfriends; some serious, some not so serious but never just casual. I had absolutely no problem with any of that. I realized, however, that his "number" was lower than mine and that he has never tried any crazy stuff. Sooo... I didn't go into full details about my own past. In particular, I did not mention anything about my boyfriend before him. That boyfriend and I did not last long but right from the beginning, it was "anything goes." When we broke up romantically we remained friends and I've since introduced him to my fiancé as my "good friend."

My fiancé was accepting of what information I did divulge. I remember him asking me if there was anything in my past that could be an embarrassment in the future. I answered "no." Life together continued great and we got engaged last January.

When we first started dating, it was different with my fiancé because it took a while for us to become lovers. When we did, I discovered that he is great between the sheets! Even so, I have been a bit hesitant to let loose completely in the bedroom. He has suggested on numerous occasions that since he has found in me his true love, he would like for us to be more adventurous in bed. He wants to try stuff he has never tried with another woman. I have so far resisted even though what my fiancé wants is not really new to me - I had those experiences with my ex.

Fast forward to last week. We were at a party where many of our friends were present. Everyone had plenty to drink and loud conversations were everywhere. At one point we were talking with a couple, when my ex approached us. With him was a woman who was beyond drunk. When my ex introduced her to me, she responded, "oh he's (her guy, my ex) told me all about you. You're the chick he and his buddy had threesomes with."

I was stunned and my fiancé caught it. It took a few seconds before anyone said anything. Finally my ex said something like "don't be ridiculous "and guided her away. The other couple that was with us also moved away. My fiancé just looked at me and said let's go. In the car and at home there was no conversation.

The next day he asked me if it was true. I stammered and didn't really say anything coherent. In fact, it was true. With my ex had a small number of threesomes.

My fiancé says that I have deceived him and humiliated him. He feels terrible and he says it's worse since he figures all our friends now know as well. In the last week he has said that he wants to reconsider "us." Even though I told him all that was in the past and that I love him with all my heart, he still feels like he's been duped. He's also extremely angry that I hadn't wanted to experiment with him while I had "no problem" experimenting with the other guy.

When I asked him what I could do, he said he wants to know how many sexual partners I've had. He also wants to know all the stuff that I did with my ex and who the second guy in the threesomes was. He also said that he would like to have a threesome with me and some girl. I'm not thrilled about having a threesome with my fiancé or "going crazy" with him - but if this will appease him, I would do it.

What do I do? He really is the real deal. I have dated enough losers and jerks in the past to recognize this. I don't want to lose him. He is the only man I have ever wanted to marry. I'm incredibly sorry that he was humiliated. I don't know what to do. Any advice would be so appreciated.




User was temp banned for this post.
toiletCAT
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Qatar284 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-25 21:00:02
June 25 2012 20:56 GMT
#2
r u srs

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


User was temp banned for this post.
schimmetje
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1104 Posts
June 25 2012 20:56 GMT
#3
Well you know what they say. Relationships are like hellion harrass. Ehm..
Change to MY nostalgia? UNACCEPTABLE! Monkey paaaw!
FuzzyJAM
Profile Joined July 2010
Scotland9300 Posts
June 25 2012 20:57 GMT
#4
You did deceive him and messed up. Be open with him from now on, I guess. Not sure on what planet the idea of you having a threesome is somehow going to make him feel closer to you, though.

Almost as weird as this being a first post on TL. . .
Did you ever say Yes to a single joy?
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
June 25 2012 20:57 GMT
#5
Could it be...? The mythical "guy blog"?
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
June 25 2012 20:58 GMT
#6
Going to blogs, I guess.
Moderator
deepfield1
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States373 Posts
June 25 2012 20:58 GMT
#7
Isn't this the plot of some movie?
DomiNater
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States527 Posts
June 25 2012 20:58 GMT
#8
Sounds like you don't really love the guy if you didn't put that up front (the thresomes). Also, why the hell wouldn't you want to step up your sex life to another lever with the man you are going to marry? Sounds like you're bored already with him. Do him and yourself a favor and end it now.
After I captured the elephant in the room, swept her under the rug for the hell of it... I welcome you to the melting through, of a planet that was selfish in its development of a healthy view.
itsmay
Profile Joined March 2011
Switzerland14 Posts
June 25 2012 20:58 GMT
#9
He clearly needs to scout better.
UndoneJin
Profile Joined February 2011
United States438 Posts
June 25 2012 20:58 GMT
#10
Should be in blogs?

I am no relationship expert, however your lack of transparency with your future husband is troubling in my mind. To believe that details of your past would never come out is somewhat silly, especially when you're still in contact with at least one of your ex boyfriends. I think it's pretty simple at this point; you need to come clean, lay your heart out to the man you claim to want to spend your life with, and wait for him to make a decision.

Honesty is without a doubt one of the biggest factors in a relationship, if you really want success and a long-term marriage keeping secrets will severely undermine your efforts.
I've been lost since the day I was born ----- You're gonna carry that weight
Jojo131
Profile Joined January 2011
Brazil1631 Posts
June 25 2012 20:59 GMT
#11
On June 26 2012 05:56 schimmetje wrote:
Well you know what they say. Relationships are like hellion harrass. Ehm..

The point of the date is not for her to be hot, but for her to be an interesting person.

Which is why tank positioning is important in TvT?
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44352 Posts
June 25 2012 20:59 GMT
#12
Moved to blogs.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Krohm
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada1857 Posts
June 25 2012 20:59 GMT
#13
"He also said that he would like to have a threesome with me and some girl. I'm not thrilled about having a threesome with my fiancé or "going crazy" with him - but if this will appease him, I would do it."

If only women could understand how insulting that is for a man.

Also shouldn't this be in the blog section? Jesus...
Not bad for a cat toy.
Perception
Profile Joined August 2011
United States26 Posts
June 25 2012 20:59 GMT
#14
To be honest, if he says he wants a threesome with another girl... Not to be rude, but the guy sounds like a complete dick. But disregarding that, I would tell him everything if you truly believe he's "the one."
┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
TymerA
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands759 Posts
June 25 2012 20:59 GMT
#15
Well this is some weird shit, was this the first place you thought you could find some sound advice on this type of problem?

Nevertheless, In my opinion, if you have done all these things in the past, and he wants to experiment, why don't you agree on that? If he is the real deal and you humiliated him, perhaps this will mend the wounds. You should've told him from the start, but i guess you know that much.

All in all, just see if you are prepared to experiment with him now, since it seems he would still like to, and if you deny it to him he might have a feeling that you are holding things back from him for the rest of your relationship, which probably means it won't last long. So your last option is to try and make up for it.

Just saying.
nice.
MethodSC
Profile Joined December 2010
United States928 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-25 21:01:45
June 25 2012 21:00 GMT
#16
If he was humiliated because you had threesomes and didn't tell him, he's a fucking buffoon. And he said he wants you guys to have a threesome now? Story sounds fake or the guy is a complete jackass.
Fraggle
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway105 Posts
June 25 2012 21:00 GMT
#17
Sigh.
Nothing to see here people, just a copy paste post.

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/my-fiance-found-out-about-my-recent-past-what-can-i-do
Elegance
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada917 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-25 21:02:07
June 25 2012 21:01 GMT
#18
if this is serious, why are you still dating a chump who gets broken down when he finds out his partner has had a threesome in the past like wtf. As a female, would you date such a man

EDIT: ^ Thats what i thought
Power of Ze
schimmetje
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1104 Posts
June 25 2012 21:01 GMT
#19
On June 26 2012 05:59 Jojo131 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2012 05:56 schimmetje wrote:
Well you know what they say. Relationships are like hellion harrass. Ehm..

The point of the date is not for her to be hot, but for her to be an interesting person.

Which is why tank positioning is important in TvT?


/fistbump
Change to MY nostalgia? UNACCEPTABLE! Monkey paaaw!
_PulSe_
Profile Joined August 2006
United States541 Posts
June 25 2012 21:02 GMT
#20
You have a lot to deal with here and if you are serious about your relationship I would tread carefully. The most important aspect of this situation is that both of you need to be compeletely honest with each other. That is how you feel about the situation, what you've done in the past and you need to be open to talks about everything.

I want to give you some advice on relationships one might consider to be life changing. You need to be open and honest and you need to be completely trusting in this person or not at all. If one can't accept things about another person or forgive transgression from their past than the relationship will eventually sabatoge itself. Thats how humans operate.

You are certainly in the dog house with not be honest about your past. However, you should come full out and trust your man if you see yourself being able to be with him for life. You should both forgive and do your best to move on and look towards the future.

On regards to your boyfriend now wanting to experiment with threesomes of his own. That will not solve any issues with the relationship. AT. ALL. it will simply keep these experiences in the forefront of your mind and it will eat away at both of you. Expecially if, as you say, you are not really into that scene anymore. It WILL NOT appease him.

You need to have honest talks. The point that matters most is if he will fogive these transgresions and move forward or not. If he is not able to get over your past or the fact that you lied to him than there is no more relationship and the longer you both try so hard to make it work the worse the breakup is going to be.

He needs to forgive and forget and you both need to move forward with being honest with yourselves and each other.

also this should be in the blogs section. not very apporpriate for general
Its not that Im lazy. Its that I just dont care.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 244
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 244
BRAT_OK 63
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27206
Mini 446
Hyuk 244
firebathero 181
ggaemo 120
Liquid`Ret 66
Mong 53
Hyun 40
PianO 26
ToSsGirL 23
[ Show more ]
Bale 9
Dota 2
Gorgc9917
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1463
crisheroes1239
Liquid`Hasu673
Other Games
Grubby2825
FrodaN2148
fl0m1213
Beastyqt1092
Mlord419
KnowMe148
Livibee145
ArmadaUGS134
Mew2King57
Trikslyr53
ToD39
mouzStarbuck37
CosmosSc2 18
Chillindude15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick992
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 68
• StrangeGG 56
• mYiSmile121
• Adnapsc2 17
• LUISG 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7466
Other Games
• imaqtpie591
• Shiphtur302
• WagamamaTV245
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 12m
INu's Battles
18h 12m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.