• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:43
CEST 02:43
KST 09:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10548 users

Know Your TL Fellow

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 20 21 22 Next All
Man with a Plan
Profile Joined January 2012
United States401 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-06 14:14:13
May 06 2012 11:30 GMT
#1
I have an interesting idea.

I have often read mods and vets lament and romanticize how "everybody knew everyone in TL back then." This was during the early days of TL and all foreign BW fans congregated in TL. With the rise of SC2, however, also flooded the site with thousands and thousands of members coming from all around the world, of all age, sex, race, and all the different interests and backgrounds in life.

This is the idea. I know that it is really impossible and impractical to fully know people online, but this thread could be a place where we get to know other members in TL more.

Here is how we do it. Ask any member (I'm thinking staff, but there is already a thread for that so maybe this is primarily for members. Staff and mods are still welcome to join) of TL about anything. We need a few rules about this:

1. The questions should be asked directly to the intended member (we can use the tag @, i.e. @TheAmazombie)
2. Only the member asked may answer the question(s) addressed to him/her
3. Members answering the question should quote the aforementioned question(s)
4. The member being asked has the right to refuse to answer question(s) to him/her.
5. Ask questions that are meant to promote goodwill and a friendly community atmosphere
6. Ask questions that are not libelous, scandalous, inflammatory, idiotic, or otherwise deregatory to the members of TL and TL in general
7. If you feel your questions should definitely, urgently be aswered, PM the person you're asking as well and ask them to answer your question in this thread
8. Have fun and gain new friends

Ok?

I'll go first

@TheAmazombie
1. How old are you?
2. What's the best thing you learned about doing the Obituary for CharlieMurphy?

Yo!
Lubufuu
Profile Joined January 2012
Australia2 Posts
May 06 2012 11:42 GMT
#2
rofl?

User was warned for this post
FACCCCEEEEE FUCKKKKKK!
blubbdavid
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Switzerland2412 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-06 11:46:34
May 06 2012 11:44 GMT
#3
@Lubufu
u think that that was a good contribution?

@marttorn
how long did you wait till someone mentioned you?

@Probe1
where are you?

@man with a plan
do you know jaedong?
What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all other? Whatever you desire - that is here. Tower of God ¦¦Nutella, drink of the Gods
Man with a Plan
Profile Joined January 2012
United States401 Posts
May 06 2012 11:51 GMT
#4
On May 06 2012 20:44 blubbdavid wrote:
@man with a plan
do you know jaedong?

I know of him, but I'm not really a broodwar guy.
Yo!
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
May 06 2012 11:51 GMT
#5
On May 06 2012 20:30 Man with a Plan wrote:
@TheAmazombie
1. How old are you?
2. What's the best thing you learned about doing the Obituary for CharlieMurphy?



Well shit, this was unexpected.

1. I am 31, which makes me part of the old man's club. I don't try to hide that at all, but I never really think about it honestly...never been one to pay much attention to age.
2. Well...what I learned was more just something that I hadn't thought about before, which I mentioned in the posts on that thread and that was that when someone has that many posts, even some of the hardest trolls, most of them are just going to be boring and innocuous. I mean, I know if you look in my posting there is not going to much that is earth-shattering. So I guess it just kind of put a humanization to a TL figure in the sense that in real life we are mostly all just kind of doing are thing, talking to our friends, being silly, whatever.

I hope those answers make some sense to y'all.
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
blubbdavid
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Switzerland2412 Posts
May 06 2012 11:53 GMT
#6
On May 06 2012 20:51 Man with a Plan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2012 20:44 blubbdavid wrote:
@man with a plan
do you know jaedong?

I know of him

I knew you were gg.NoRe.
What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all other? Whatever you desire - that is here. Tower of God ¦¦Nutella, drink of the Gods
Man with a Plan
Profile Joined January 2012
United States401 Posts
May 06 2012 11:56 GMT
#7
On May 06 2012 20:53 blubbdavid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2012 20:51 Man with a Plan wrote:
On May 06 2012 20:44 blubbdavid wrote:
@man with a plan
do you know jaedong?

I know of him

I knew you were gg.NoRe.

who the fuck is gg.NoRe? most ridiculous claim ever. look me up dude. if you're wrong you get nuked. deal?
Yo!
Man with a Plan
Profile Joined January 2012
United States401 Posts
May 06 2012 11:59 GMT
#8
On May 06 2012 20:51 TheAmazombie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2012 20:30 Man with a Plan wrote:
@TheAmazombie
1. How old are you?
2. What's the best thing you learned about doing the Obituary for CharlieMurphy?



Well shit, this was unexpected.

1. I am 31, which makes me part of the old man's club. I don't try to hide that at all, but I never really think about it honestly...never been one to pay much attention to age.
2. Well...what I learned was more just something that I hadn't thought about before, which I mentioned in the posts on that thread and that was that when someone has that many posts, even some of the hardest trolls, most of them are just going to be boring and innocuous. I mean, I know if you look in my posting there is not going to much that is earth-shattering. So I guess it just kind of put a humanization to a TL figure in the sense that in real life we are mostly all just kind of doing are thing, talking to our friends, being silly, whatever.

I hope those answers make some sense to y'all.

Thanks. 31! Tell me about being beyond 30? Do you physically/emotionally feel "old"? No disrespect meant, I also always think of my 30th birthday, and 40th, etc. and the things I should have done by then.
Yo!
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-06 12:07:06
May 06 2012 12:06 GMT
#9
On May 06 2012 20:59 Man with a Plan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2012 20:51 TheAmazombie wrote:
On May 06 2012 20:30 Man with a Plan wrote:
@TheAmazombie
1. How old are you?
2. What's the best thing you learned about doing the Obituary for CharlieMurphy?



Well shit, this was unexpected.

1. I am 31, which makes me part of the old man's club. I don't try to hide that at all, but I never really think about it honestly...never been one to pay much attention to age.
2. Well...what I learned was more just something that I hadn't thought about before, which I mentioned in the posts on that thread and that was that when someone has that many posts, even some of the hardest trolls, most of them are just going to be boring and innocuous. I mean, I know if you look in my posting there is not going to much that is earth-shattering. So I guess it just kind of put a humanization to a TL figure in the sense that in real life we are mostly all just kind of doing are thing, talking to our friends, being silly, whatever.

I hope those answers make some sense to y'all.

Thanks. 31! Tell me about being beyond 30? Do you physically/emotionally feel "old"? No disrespect meant, I also always think of my 30th birthday, and 40th, etc. and the things I should have done by then.


LoL...not really. Like I said, I never really thought about age much. I can form a musical community back home where we learned to respect people on merit and talents, not age. My parents worked and went to school and whatnot all while I was growing up and still some today, so I was taught that you are never too old to get things done that you want to do. While life is short, you seem to have plenty of time. I mean, I didn't ever own my first car until I was 27, my son at 28, my house at 29. Some people get these things done faster than others.

The only time that I feel old is when other people look at me that way...but I just tell myself that it is not that I am old, it is just that they are young kids still. Even if so though, I look forward to being old. My literary heroes are Kurt Vonnegut and Mark Twain, and when I get old, I want to have the bushy mustache and white-man fro like them. I am actually excited at the prospect of being that wise old member of my community. I know it must sound silly, but it is true.

On that note...I just got off work and it is 5 in the morning...time for sleep. Talk to everyone later.
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-06 12:09:22
May 06 2012 12:08 GMT
#10
@Blazighand
How will you know when your TL profile page is finished?
Will it ever be complete?
Cackle™
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
May 06 2012 13:01 GMT
#11
@marttorn
how long did you wait till someone mentioned you?


Mentioned me where? In this thread? You'll have to clarify, Mr. David.
memes are a dish best served dank
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
May 06 2012 13:05 GMT
#12
I wonder if I'm noteworthy enough on TL to merit questions for me. :3 But then again, since I'm asking this, it might just prompt people to ask me questions solely because of my insecurity post here. Of course, people might not post a question after all now, because of reverse psychology or something...

dis is a fuk
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
See.Blue
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2673 Posts
May 06 2012 13:40 GMT
#13
@ Archas whereabouts in the US you from?
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
May 06 2012 13:43 GMT
#14
lol

I'm currently residing in California's Bay Area.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
May 06 2012 13:55 GMT
#15
@Everyone
Will you please make battle reports? :D

@Chef
Will you ever change? :o
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
Symmetry
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada294 Posts
May 06 2012 13:59 GMT
#16
On May 06 2012 22:55 3FFA wrote:
@Everyone
Will you please make battle reports? :D


Tempted. I may make one JUST FOR YOU.

@Kiett: Marry me? :3
Teoman
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Norway382 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-06 14:03:54
May 06 2012 14:03 GMT
#17
@antisocialmunky:
Are you the same person who quite frequently post in the Europa Barbarorum forums? :D


EDIT: Very great thread!
"Quisque est barbarus alii."
FakeDouble
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia676 Posts
May 06 2012 14:03 GMT
#18
@Archas, how did you get into touhou? Surely you're not ZUN? (profile picture)

@Man with a plan, how are people supposed to know if they've been asked a question? This thread is short now, but if it gets long, people might not read through the whole thing and not reply. Should they be PMed?
Formerly known as carbonaceous
Teoman
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Norway382 Posts
May 06 2012 14:05 GMT
#19
On May 06 2012 23:03 FakeDouble wrote:
@Archas, how did you get into touhou? Surely you're not ZUN? (profile picture)

@Man with a plan, how are people supposed to know if they've been asked a question? This thread is short now, but if it gets long, people might not read through the whole thing and not reply. Should they be PMed?


Couldn't you just ctrl+f yourself on the pages you haven't read? I would assume that this thread wouldn't grow by 50 pages a day (hope i'm wrong :D)
"Quisque est barbarus alii."
Man with a Plan
Profile Joined January 2012
United States401 Posts
May 06 2012 14:12 GMT
#20
On May 06 2012 23:03 FakeDouble wrote:
@Archas, how did you get into touhou? Surely you're not ZUN? (profile picture)

@Man with a plan, how are people supposed to know if they've been asked a question? This thread is short now, but if it gets long, people might not read through the whole thing and not reply. Should they be PMed?

I thought of this one too. I think Teoman is right in a way. New thread will attract people, specially vets who tend to be everywhere lol. But you are right. Actually the issue is not just about whether this thread gets to so much pages, but what if the person being questioned do not even care opening this thread at all. Maybe PM too? Ok. definitely PM too. Editing op.
Yo!
1 2 3 4 5 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
davetesta42
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 150
CosmosSc2 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1845
GuemChi 1248
Artosis 615
910 44
MaD[AoV]20
Bale 17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever192
League of Legends
JimRising 733
Counter-Strike
taco 186
minikerr10
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox553
Other Games
summit1g8526
Day[9].tv688
shahzam645
C9.Mang0316
Trikslyr48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick540
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• Hinosc 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv688
• Shiphtur687
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
15h 17m
The PondCast
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 21h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.