• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:34
CEST 17:34
KST 00:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8910 users

Max's Terran Video Tutorials

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
-MaxSC-
Profile Joined March 2011
United States48 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-12 23:27:29
March 04 2012 01:30 GMT
#1
UPDATE: Added TvT Videos!!

If any of you would like to follow my stream, I commentate my ladder games on NA and KR, masters on both servers. www.twitch.tv/maxsc

Hey guys, I really enjoyed Apollo's Terran tutorial video, and I'm sure many of you have as well. But I didn't want to wait until part 2! So I gave it a go myself. Have a look, let me know what you think, and if you like my tutorials I can definitely make more in the future!

Basically I copied Apollo's style, with a few major differences. All credit for the tutorial style goes to him. The differences are

1) I am organizing the videos by matchup. Basically I played a bunch of games in a row and recorded them, then compiled all the TvP's together (and will do so for the other races soon).

2) I record the games without commentary, just focusing on my play. Then I overlay commentary in my movie editor. I believe this gives both my play and my commentary and insight better quality.

3) When I play, I slow down and "polish" my APM - I try not to spam, move the screen around super fast, and basically do anything confusing. I want to make the games easy to follow and I want to give a good example of a clean mechanical style with low APM redundancy that lower league players can try to copy and it will benefit them.



Videos:

Apollo Style TvP Part 1 (35 minutes) - This is my first attempt at the tutorial series. Please check it out! Part 2 will be uploaded shortly.

Apollo Style TvP Part 2 (42 minutes) - Part 2 is out!

Apollo Style TvZ Part 1 (30 minutes)

Apollo Style TvZ Part 2 (37 Minutes)

Basic Mechanics - This video was my idea as a standalone, not part of a series of tutorials. I feel like mechanics are very under-examined in pretty much all SC2 videos, so I am trying to fill that void. I don't talk about any strategy here, I simply explain ALL the mouse and keyboard actions that I take, and how you can copy them. The game is a real game in bronze league, and the build is a real build that I use at a grandmaster level in TvZ.

Apollo Style TvT Part 1 (30 Minutes) - NEW!

Apollo Style TvT Part 2 (29 Minutes) - NEW!

TvT Replay pack - http://www.mediafire.com/?111qz6cc7bbh03n


When I upload more videos I will post them in this thread.

PLEASE let me know what you think, and give me advice like what I should talk about in my commentary, what I should NOT talk about, stuff that was confusing to you, mistakes I made and didn't mention, whether my strategies are good at the lower levels of play, ANYTHING.

I want to make these videos the best that I can to help everyone out.

Thanks for watching!
NemesysTV
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1088 Posts
March 04 2012 01:32 GMT
#2
Seems like a nice idea :D
Eshra
Profile Joined April 2011
France1009 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-04 01:34:32
March 04 2012 01:34 GMT
#3
Are you the same Max who gave Day[9] the 10 replays ? :p
Bakkendepao
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands185 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-04 01:37:46
March 04 2012 01:37 GMT
#4
I think you commentate on a very nice way. It's lower than your original commentator speed which is just much more comfortable to listen to.
[1:11:58] محمد بن راشد آل مكتوم: >having a signature [1:11:58] محمد بن راشد آل مكتوم: what are you
-MaxSC-
Profile Joined March 2011
United States48 Posts
March 04 2012 01:39 GMT
#5
@Eshra - Yes I am
-Aura-
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States209 Posts
March 04 2012 01:42 GMT
#6
I'll watch as soon as it stops processing.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Liquid get more Terrans please...
-MaxSC-
Profile Joined March 2011
United States48 Posts
March 04 2012 01:43 GMT
#7
Thanks! I hope it finishes soon haha, I am really proud of the mechanics one I think it will be a great tool for lower league players to improve quickly.
awakenx
Profile Joined May 2011
United States341 Posts
March 04 2012 01:45 GMT
#8
Will watch, I read your reddit post and I have faith in you :D
WorstMicroNA
Der0
Profile Joined November 2011
New Zealand4 Posts
March 04 2012 01:50 GMT
#9
Wow, great job Max, a good watch. Keep up the good work. Any analysis is good analysis.
If it's in the game, it's in the game.
-MaxSC-
Profile Joined March 2011
United States48 Posts
March 04 2012 01:53 GMT
#10
Thanks Der0, I will try even harder on the TvZ and TvT ones too!
s1dd
Profile Joined June 2010
United States43 Posts
March 04 2012 02:07 GMT
#11
Good video, keep making more!
-MaxSC-
Profile Joined March 2011
United States48 Posts
March 04 2012 02:12 GMT
#12
Mechanics is done processing!
-Aura-
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States209 Posts
March 04 2012 02:38 GMT
#13
OK, I watched the TvP tutorial. You did a great job. Honestly, I'm diamond and I 2 rax on almost every map vs Protoss, and I've always been taking my gas at 13. It was worth it for me to watch all 35 minutes just to know that I can afford to take it at 14.

You spent a bit of time on the whole moving your army one place and then deselecting one unit and going somewhere else, and I feel like that would be better suited in the mechanics video. Also another thing to add is to go over EVERYTHING your scouting scv could see the protoss doing and the correct responses. This would have to be done out of game obviously.

Great guide, thanks man.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Liquid get more Terrans please...
Vestrel
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada271 Posts
March 04 2012 02:47 GMT
#14
Can you do a video on a game where the Protoss gets AoE? Nice guides :D
-MaxSC-
Profile Joined March 2011
United States48 Posts
March 04 2012 02:48 GMT
#15
Ok thanks for the feedback. I will try to keep mechanics and things like that out of the tutorials and make separate videos if it is a big enough issue that people need to know about it to improve. I'll try to go over what I scouted in more detail. Possibly I can just pause the video and say a bunch then resume it.
-MaxSC-
Profile Joined March 2011
United States48 Posts
March 04 2012 02:50 GMT
#16
Vestrel: this comes in part 2 which is uploading as we speak I will put a link here as soon as it's done.
zen22
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States152 Posts
March 04 2012 02:52 GMT
#17
max you better be dominating the ladder :p you should hop in vent sometimes
-Aura-
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States209 Posts
March 04 2012 02:54 GMT
#18
Oh yeah, another thing, it seems kind of dumb to do the tutorials in silver, because the things done by that caliber of players is rarely what anyone faces. Why not just play at master level and show how to deal with the toughest timings and builds instead of showing how you can TvP when the protoss doesn't pressure or expand until the 10 minute mark.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Liquid get more Terrans please...
antilyon
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Brazil2546 Posts
March 04 2012 03:06 GMT
#19
Max also has a stream and he usually commentate his game/answers questions from the chat, if you like this video, check his stream =D

Good Job Max!
Windows 7
Profile Joined December 2010
United States236 Posts
March 04 2012 03:59 GMT
#20
Part 2, awesome!!
FC
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 474
BRAT_OK 43
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31224
Shuttle 2292
Bisu 2191
Hyuk 1073
EffOrt 773
Mini 683
Soma 429
Larva 410
ZerO 243
firebathero 234
[ Show more ]
hero 134
Zeus 120
Sexy 63
Hyun 46
Mong 44
Trap 42
Pusan 36
Killer 33
PianO 33
Bale 31
ToSsGirL 30
Aegong 25
sorry 20
Hm[arnc] 19
zelot 18
Rock 14
Terrorterran 13
JulyZerg 11
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8579
qojqva1568
Dendi998
Counter-Strike
fl0m3029
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1397
crisheroes1073
Liquid`Hasu589
Lowko424
Other Games
singsing2144
B2W.Neo1192
Beastyqt627
Mlord316
Hui .230
Livibee204
Liquid`VortiX141
KnowMe115
ArmadaUGS104
Mew2King80
elazer78
CosmosSc2 18
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream54
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 66
• StrangeGG 31
• mYiSmile118
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8010
League of Legends
• Jankos2032
Other Games
• WagamamaTV256
• Shiphtur166
Upcoming Events
FEL
26m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 26m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 26m
INu's Battles
20h 26m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.