• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:09
CEST 14:09
KST 21:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10113 users

Max's Terran Video Tutorials - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Snoodles
Profile Joined March 2012
401 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 21:45:22
March 18 2012 21:40 GMT
#81
Here's what I got out of the TvP, correct me if I'm wrong:

10-depot
12-Rax
13 Gas
Command Center in natural
Bunker
2 rax, 2 refineries
Tech Lab on one rax, Concussive Shell
Factory
After Concussive Get Stim and a third refinery
Starport
4th Gas
2 Tech Labs on Barracks
Engineering Bay, start an upgrade
2 more barraks
2nd Engineering Bay, other upgrade
Ghost Academy
Armory
If you scout Robo, make vikings after your 4th medivac, if not ???
Make some ghosts

Take map control, get a third.

ntssauce
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany750 Posts
March 19 2012 13:46 GMT
#82
yeeey new videos :D
MMA and Alive you are the best! | Goodbye ST_Sound ~
sHt_
Profile Joined January 2011
France239 Posts
March 19 2012 14:18 GMT
#83
Pretty much it snoodles, except you don't take any gas at first ( supply, rax, expo ).
Also, i believe he only take his 3rd and 4th gas at the time he launch the +1 infantry upgrade. ( which would be fact, starport with the swap on the reactor, ebay +1 then the 2 gas of the natural)
In Blizzard's imaginary world, players sit at home devising plans to maximize the usage of destructible rocks (c) Ver
madsweepslol
Profile Joined February 2010
161 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-20 05:57:45
March 20 2012 05:57 GMT
#84
I've only watched the mechanics and first TvP videos so far, but they were awesome! I like that you slowed down and demonstrated only clean apm, it definitely makes it easier for a bronze leaguer like myself to follow what you're doing and why. And commentating the videos after you recorded them definitely made for better analysis and explanations of your build orders and reactions than other similar tutorials (not ripping on those by any means, but this in particular simply made your's better :p)

I'm trying to think of constructive criticism, but honestly I can't think of anything I would criticize. I'll finish the rest of the videos and report back.

Thanks! And please do keep making these!
Elbows
Profile Joined October 2011
20 Posts
March 20 2012 15:41 GMT
#85
Max, I watched your TvT & TvZ videos and thought they were really well done. You present the material in a very clear and purposeful fashion and I think that's a big plus when it comes to material that is meant to educate.

I'm a gold league Terran (pretty awful) and because my main focus is on my mechanics I have been opening 1 Rax expand in TvT for the last few weeks. Generally, if I make it out of the early game I win, however I would say that the MU, at least at my level, involves a lot of early pressure and one base play. It's not uncommon to see 1/1/1 all-in, which you dealt with in your video and which I usually can handle by just pulling SCVs (still ahead), and cloak banshee opening which I think most Terrans have a lot of practice handling and I can generally scout and deal with pretty well.

The thing I don't like about 1 Rax expand is that it's pretty obvious what you're doing due to lack of gas. Barring some 5 Rax all-in or whatever, it's generally fairly easy to scout the expansion and I think that most people know when they see the 1 Rax FE that they can proceed with whatever early pressure they have planned knowing they're pretty safe. I tried your Reaper expand yesterday and really like it. You still get a pretty fast expansion with really early combat sheild, and the initial scout can't really tell what you're doing so easily as you're taking your gas. I'm going to use it for the foreseeable future.

My question is, how do you respond to an opponent who opens with their own Reaper pressure (let's say they do the same build) or that hellion/marine elevator play that everyone's so fond of these days? If I scout it should I keep the reapers in my base for defense?

spangled
Profile Joined March 2012
United States24 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-31 01:25:54
March 30 2012 20:14 GMT
#86
Thanks to Max my APM has nearly doubled, not sure if its cause I'm building reactors now and building two of everything or because Max's builds are so awesome!

Max usually streams Tues. and Thurs. 6-10pm PST.

Don't worry be happy!
I am the Master of My Fate: I am the Captain of My Soul. William Ernest Henley
spangled
Profile Joined March 2012
United States24 Posts
April 04 2012 21:26 GMT
#87
Theme song from Max's stream

Do- do, do- do

Dooo Doooo

Life is like a hurricane

Here in Max's room

Marines, Marauders , and Hellions.

It's a Max- blur

He might solve a mystery or rewrite history

Max Tales (woo woooh)

Every Tues & Thurs, Max is out there making.

Max Tales (woo wooh)

Tales of daring do bad and good.

Max Tales (wooo wooh)

D-D-D-Danger!

Watch behind you.

There's a stalker out to find you.

What to do? Just tune into some Max Tales (wooo woooh)

Every Tues & Thurs, Max is out there making.

Max Tales (woo wooh)

Tales of daring do bad and good.

Max Tales (woo wooh)

Not pony tales, or cotton tales, no

Max Tales (woo wooh)
I am the Master of My Fate: I am the Captain of My Soul. William Ernest Henley
Rick Deckard
Profile Joined October 2010
90 Posts
May 04 2012 21:56 GMT
#88
Thank you very much for these videos Max. They are excellent, great format and very informative.

I've just been focusing on TvZ. In your videos you say that if the zerg fast expands then terran should be able to fast expand as well, using the standard fast hellion opening. This is exactly the kind of info I've been after.

So I just went straight into trying to fast expand vs zerg on the ladder using your build as a rough guide. I've fast expanded against zerg about half a dozen times and I've had the most hilarious games.

I'm high gold, so pretty bad, and I've lost my hellions, failed to scout incoming attacks with them, and been forced to lift off and evacuate my natural more often than not. Yet somehow once I've stabilized and start to apply counter pressure with hellion bio medivac the zergs just can't handle the constant pressure and drop harass. Slowly but surely they fall apart.

It really is a great feeling to be playing aggressively rather than turtling up and defending until 200/200. Thanks a lot for the fun times.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 906
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings190
CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech33
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35366
Shuttle 12670
FanTaSy 1642
Hyuk 1122
BeSt 564
Horang2 549
Pusan 370
Mini 311
Stork 247
EffOrt 208
[ Show more ]
Last 148
Killer 142
Zeus 140
Mind 88
Hyun 68
sorry 62
ggaemo 59
Snow 51
PianO 48
ToSsGirL 37
Hm[arnc] 32
Bale 31
Soma 23
Aegong 21
JYJ 19
zelot 16
hero 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Sacsri 11
NaDa 10
Noble 8
Dota 2
Dendi671
XcaliburYe368
Counter-Strike
fl0m2100
byalli845
x6flipin375
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu7
Other Games
gofns35814
singsing3010
B2W.Neo1005
Hui .132
Livibee101
Mew2King56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick667
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream69
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h 51m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 51m
Replay Cast
10h 51m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 51m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h 51m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.