• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:20
CEST 18:20
KST 01:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8616 users

MLG NY Winter Arena Interviews by GameSpot

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Slasher
Profile Joined September 2007
United States1095 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-01 20:45:18
February 24 2012 22:09 GMT
#1
Some of you may have saw my announcement on Twitter, but I will be covering the MLG NY Winter Arena in-depth for GameSpot. Over the past few weeks I have been pitching mainstream editorial gaming sites to cover the world of eSports and professional gaming, and GameSpot was one that aligned with the same thinking that I had. My goal is to expand the audience and exposure of eSports to those who don't understand it so far, don't like it, or don't even know what it is. I want to expose those people to the community, industry, and sport that I've loved for nearly half my life. This weekend is an experiment to see the how things will go, so I implore everyone to at least check it out. The more views, comments and discussion around my coverage, the better chance I will have to continue to do this, and I appreciate any and all support from the community.

I will be providing interviews, recaps, previews and live coverage on http://www.gamespot.com/features/starcraft-ii-pros-converge-at-mlg-winter-arena-2012-6350914 and through Twitter and Facebook (http://www.Twitter.com/Slasher, http://www.Twitter.com/GameSpot, http://www.Facebook.com/GameSpot)

The first article that went up is actually a more general article titled 'The state of eSports: 2012' - http://www.gamespot.com/features/the-state-of-esports-2012-6350990/

UPDATED:

Post-Event Interview - Sundance DiGiovanni
Championship Interview - MarineKing
Post-Event Interview - Tasteless, Artosis
Post-Event Interview - djWHEAT, JP McDaniel, Rob Simpson
Post-Event Interview - IdrA
Post-Event Interview - Leenock
Day 3 Interview - MarineKing
Pre-Day 3 Interview - viOLet
Pre-Day 3 Interview - Oz
Pre-Day 3 Interview - DongRaeGu
Pre-Day 3 Interview - PartinG
Post-Day 2 Interview - NaNiwa (after NesTea match)
Post-Day 2 Interview - Grubby
Day 2 Interview - MarineKing
Day 2 Interview - HuK
Day 2 Interview - IdrA (before NesTea match)
Day 2 Interview - MarineKing
Post-Day 1 Interview - Socke
Post-Day 1 Interview - Sheth
Post-Day 1 Interview - Oz
Post-Day 1 Interview - PartinG
Post-Day 1 Interview - HuK
Post-Day 1 Interview - DongRaeGu
Day 1 Interview - Leenock
Day 1 Interview - HuK
Day 1 Interview - MC
Day 1 Interview - DeMusliM
Day 1 Interview - viOLet
archonOOid
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-26 14:14:00
February 24 2012 22:15 GMT
#2
cool, sincerely cool!
I'm Quotable (IQ)
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
February 24 2012 22:19 GMT
#3
How exclusive will your coverage be?
Thank God and gunrun.
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
February 24 2012 22:22 GMT
#4
I think this is where you shine most rod, all the best!
Jinsho
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom3101 Posts
February 24 2012 22:27 GMT
#5
Slasher is secretly inside the offices, hiding in the bathroom. He only comes out when Sundance is distracted, ambushing players during their bathroom breaks to get that sweet, sweet exclusive content.
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
February 24 2012 22:35 GMT
#6
Damn, the gamespot comments are pretty bad so far. I thought it was a great article, and its nice that Slasher seems to have found a home.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Rinny
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States616 Posts
February 24 2012 22:35 GMT
#7
gamespot.com url has period in it, doesnt work
Where my swarm at? Ye Yeee
viOLetFanClub
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Korea (South)390 Posts
February 24 2012 22:37 GMT
#8
there's a fucking hyphen it's e-sports.

anyhow ilu will watch gamespot's coverage for sure great read loved it
NoctemSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States771 Posts
February 24 2012 22:38 GMT
#9
On February 25 2012 07:09 Slasher wrote:
Some of you may have saw my announcement on Twitter, but I will be covering the MLG NY Winter Arena in-depth for GameSpot. Over the past few weeks I have been pitching mainstream editorial gaming sites to cover the world of eSports and professional gaming, and GameSpot was one that aligned with the same thinking that I had. My goal is to expand the audience and exposure of eSports to those who don't understand it so far, don't like it, or don't even know what it is. I want to expose those people to the community, industry, and sport that I've loved for nearly half my life. This weekend is an experiment to see the how things will go, so I implore everyone to at least check it out. The more views, comments and discussion around my coverage, the better chance I will have to continue to do this, and I appreciate any and all support from the community.

I will be providing interviews, recaps, previews and live coverage on the front page of http://www.GameSpot.com, and through Twitter and Facebook (http://www.Twitter.com/Slasher, http://www.Twitter.com/GameSpot, http://www.Facebook.com/GameSpot)

The first article that went up is actually a more general article titled 'The state of eSports: 2012' - http://www.gamespot.com/features/the-state-of-esports-2012-6350990/

Interviews with Huk, MC, DeMusliM, viOLet will be up shortly on GameSpot, with more coming soon!

Thanks everyone.

Just a heads up Slasher, your link to gamespot.com has an extra period imbedded into the link thus making the link broken.
http://www.twitch.tv/noctemsc <--Most epic fun times
Eee
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden2712 Posts
February 24 2012 22:55 GMT
#10
On February 25 2012 07:15 archonOOid wrote:
cool

but what about other e-sports organizations that were denied, the "not enough room" argument and the recent sundance tweet


This pisses me off kind of, giving the middlefinger to foreign esport media "/
zul
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany5427 Posts
February 24 2012 22:58 GMT
#11
nice advertisement. -.- Slasher, I`m a fan of yours, but this sucks.
keep it deep! @zulison
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
February 24 2012 23:00 GMT
#12
On February 25 2012 07:09 Slasher wrote:
Some of you may have saw my announcement on Twitter, but I will be covering the MLG NY Winter Arena in-depth for GameSpot. Over the past few weeks I have been pitching mainstream editorial gaming sites to cover the world of eSports and professional gaming, and GameSpot was one that aligned with the same thinking that I had. My goal is to expand the audience and exposure of eSports to those who don't understand it so far, don't like it, or don't even know what it is. I want to expose those people to the community, industry, and sport that I've loved for nearly half my life. This weekend is an experiment to see the how things will go, so I implore everyone to at least check it out. The more views, comments and discussion around my coverage, the better chance I will have to continue to do this, and I appreciate any and all support from the community.

I will be providing interviews, recaps, previews and live coverage on the front page of http://www.GameSpot.com, and through Twitter and Facebook (http://www.Twitter.com/Slasher, http://www.Twitter.com/GameSpot, http://www.Facebook.com/GameSpot)

The first article that went up is actually a more general article titled 'The state of eSports: 2012' - http://www.gamespot.com/features/the-state-of-esports-2012-6350990/

Interviews with Huk, MC, DeMusliM, viOLet will be up shortly on GameSpot, with more coming soon!

Thanks everyone.

Oh really ? I bet they have sponsored streams. Well maybe next time you can do the same for the LP. After all we are the ones who have the better bracket. Business is business, and I can understand that. Still I am not happy with this situation.
NGrNecris
Profile Joined January 2011
New Zealand855 Posts
February 24 2012 23:00 GMT
#13
On February 25 2012 07:35 MCDayC wrote:
Damn, the gamespot comments are pretty bad so far. I thought it was a great article, and its nice that Slasher seems to have found a home.

What did you expect from mainstream "professional" video game review site users
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
February 24 2012 23:08 GMT
#14
It's so bizarre to me that on -gaming websites- like ign and gamespot, the hostility towards e-sports is so huge. I don't get it, are they jealous or something? Is it a classist thing where they think gaming too much crosses some border that makes you a nerd?
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
TI013
Profile Joined February 2012
3 Posts
February 24 2012 23:21 GMT
#15
--- Nuked ---
Slasher
Profile Joined September 2007
United States1095 Posts
February 24 2012 23:40 GMT
#16
On February 25 2012 07:35 Rinny wrote:
gamespot.com url has period in it, doesnt work

fixed, thanks!
Slasher
Profile Joined September 2007
United States1095 Posts
February 25 2012 02:44 GMT
#17
Just did interviews with DRG, PartinG, Leenock, GanZi, SjoW, Drewbie, Sheth, and CatZ. Got interviewed by Hot Bid. Will be up on http://www.GameSpot.com
Caddy
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom178 Posts
February 25 2012 16:34 GMT
#18
This is definitely a good thing, both for e-sports and Slasher.

I just posted on GameSpot about some of the early comments I've seen, as they are down right stupid. Luckily these people are the minority and probably only play Call of Duty every other week with no real insight into anything else.
Acronysis
Profile Joined November 2011
872 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 16:42:22
February 25 2012 16:40 GMT
#19
On February 25 2012 11:44 Slasher wrote:
Just did interviews with DRG, PartinG, Leenock, GanZi, SjoW, Drewbie, Sheth, and CatZ. Got interviewed by Hot Bid. Will be up on http://www.GameSpot.com


Thanks for these =) Feel like there haven't been enough interviews for such a stacked tourney. Can't wait to watch them all.
The multiplying villanies of man do swarm upon him.
Galleon.frigate
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada721 Posts
February 25 2012 17:20 GMT
#20
Great work Slasher, keep it up man !

These are the growing pains we have to push through... if anything this should be encouraging because we have to see it and move past it.

I had some thoughts but I moved them into a blog post... just got to long winded
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 647
ComeBackTV 550
SteadfastSC405
Rex105
CosmosSc2 46
EnkiAlexander 42
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 405
ProTech135
Rex 105
UpATreeSC 51
CosmosSc2 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 43263
Jaedong 1319
Hyuk 1275
Mini 608
Horang2 509
Soma 502
BeSt 459
Larva 322
Rush 303
Soulkey 280
[ Show more ]
ZerO 270
Snow 190
Last 187
hero 84
Mind 58
Liquid`Ret 49
sorry 44
Free 36
Killer 31
ToSsGirL 24
yabsab 22
Rock 22
Terrorterran 21
Shine 20
HiyA 19
Trap 15
Dota 2
Gorgc8279
qojqva1492
Dendi853
Counter-Strike
Fnx 882
x6flipin457
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2519
Khaldor1976
Liquid`Hasu140
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2686
singsing1818
B2W.Neo1028
hiko775
byalli430
KnowMe151
QueenE91
Mew2King74
Trikslyr43
Railgan16
ZerO(Twitch)16
Chillindude8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 24
• mYiSmile121
• Adnapsc2 8
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2926
League of Legends
• Nemesis2047
• TFBlade780
Other Games
• Shiphtur279
• WagamamaTV238
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 41m
OSC
20h 41m
Stellar Fest
20h 41m
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 20h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.