• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:13
CEST 22:13
KST 05:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7176 users

A Partnership

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 41 42 43 Next All
Liquid`Ret
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Netherlands4535 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-18 02:48:17
February 18 2012 02:43 GMT
#1
Hi everyone.

As many have seen on my facebook before. I love Demuslim a LOT. We have recently decided to team up for the 2v2 tournament HD trophy, things have been going well and we really enjoy the time we spend together on skype, and often times also in real life when we get to hang out in person.While we are not homosexual (I SWEAR TO GOD) I have to admit that we do have strong feelings for each other, and that is why I believe we will make both our carreers blossom into something beautifull.I know that other mentoring couples are very liberal when it comes to their sexuality, but me and demuslim both have girlfriends so so far nothing has happend. I've been wanting to make a difference in a player's life. Guide his career, help him from experience, tutor a younger, promising person. Someone who is talented, hard-working, friendly and deserving. Perhaps, in the end, I will not make a difference, yet maybe I willy contribute in some small way to the success in their career. Whether this would be through advice in the game itself, or by the eSports management around it. No matter what, the player will have his own fate in his own hands; should be free to make his own decisions; and will always be the main proponent of his own success. The player needs to be motivated, self-sufficient, and to be serious. I just want to help him along a little.

It's important to realize why I am sharing this news with you guys, because some people might think, "what of it?". I do not fault those people for their reactions. But I'll be honest and say that it's I mainly because I want everybody in the community to think I'm awesome and kiss my ass, I'm ready to devote some time to mentor someone, and I've chosen Demuslim from Team EG. He's pretty young, and could benefit from my experience. From my part, I expect I'll feel satisfaction when I see him do well, though I have no goal or benefit in mind. Incidentally, Demuslim had helped me when I was new to the SC2 scene when I was not even a decent player yet. He 5 rax reapered my ass and made me QQ. He took time to teach me new build orders, walk me through them, analyzed my replays and basically coached me some in the game.

Benjamin 'Demuslim' Baker is 22 years old, is living in the EG House in Arizona and is planning to go all out for his pro-gaming career. He has shown some promise on the international scene, is a well mannered and pretty mature player, and is just a really nice guy.

A small fact sheet.

1. I am not taking Demuslim away from his team. I have spoken to EG and they are happy with the arrangement.
2. There is no financial payment from me to Demuslim, or from Demuslim to me, save for the occasional sexual favor.
3. Demuslim is not on team liquid. I would like to act as his mentor.
4. Whatever role I will have, it should prove a negligible effect compared to his own performances in all regards. As you can see at some IEM's, he has already displayed a high level of play, for example by Top 8 @ Sao Paolo IEM and qualifying for MLG new york.
5. The reason I'm telling you is to avoid rumors of Team Liquid poaching Demuslim. I just want to help.
6. You might think of me as Demuslim's mentor or adviser. Demuslim is to be my apprentice or 'padawan'.

Hope that like me, you'll all be looking forward to Demuslim's improvement as a player. Let's wish him the best of luck! If you wish to find out more about Demuslim, visit his pages:
http://www.facebook.com/DeMusliMUK
http://myeg.net/team/divisions-players/starcraft-division/
http://www.twitter.com/DeMusliM

Also, Follow his Twitch stream to find out when he'll be streaming (he doesn't do this very frequently yet, but may increase the frequency):
http://twitch.tv/Demuslim

About me, and about being a solo player:
Bitches know me, I'm Jos 'LiquidRet' de Kroon. I drink, smoke and don't exercize. I recently smashed Grubby in the MLG qualifcation tournament and shoutcraft invitiational 3rd and 4th place match.

Yours sincerely,
Jos 'Ret' de Kroon
Team Liquid
DeMusliM
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom401 Posts
February 18 2012 02:43 GMT
#2
It's an honour.
acrimoneyius
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-18 02:47:46
February 18 2012 02:44 GMT
#3
LOL

Edit: you left a typo in there, Feast near the end.
Colak
Profile Joined December 2010
United States87 Posts
February 18 2012 02:45 GMT
#4
Was no homo stated?
Hayl_Storm
Profile Joined April 2011
The Shire633 Posts
February 18 2012 02:45 GMT
#5
Good luck to the both of you
Editor@TL_Hayl // Return of the (Marine)King
bennyaus
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia1833 Posts
February 18 2012 02:45 GMT
#6
I enjoyed this.
I play Random - HuK, DRG + Liquid fan
Atlare
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia893 Posts
February 18 2012 02:45 GMT
#7
LOL, just. LOL.
Considering learning BW
Fingulfin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States110 Posts
February 18 2012 02:45 GMT
#8
No Homo was stated several times but... I don't think he means it.
goodpoltergeist
Profile Joined February 2011
United States41 Posts
February 18 2012 02:46 GMT
#9
This is one of the most awesome things I have ever seen.
zSnowy
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom51 Posts
February 18 2012 02:46 GMT
#10
The Republic and the Empire join together, eh? Can't wait to see the results, love both of your play! C:
MarCoon
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Germany493 Posts
February 18 2012 02:46 GMT
#11
I lol'd. Nice post Jos^^
~follow me on twitter.com/GGmarCoon
vali
Profile Joined May 2010
Netherlands59 Posts
February 18 2012 02:46 GMT
#12
naiss
Death by a tank
s.a.y
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Croatia3840 Posts
February 18 2012 02:46 GMT
#13
so homo.
I am not good with quotes
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
February 18 2012 02:46 GMT
#14
zergling (into infestor), hellion (into banshees). game over.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
February 18 2012 02:46 GMT
#15
How can you be no homo for DeMusliM? His British is so sexy T_T
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
prabhbhambra13
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom424 Posts
February 18 2012 02:46 GMT
#16
this is awesome. (especially the part about sexual favors)
SECO SECO SECO
iRon aka bananajuice
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany124 Posts
February 18 2012 02:46 GMT
#17
nice one
MKP|MMA|NesTea|Leenock|MC|Stephano|Naama|DongRaeGu|Socke
VATO_Gandair
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States232 Posts
February 18 2012 02:47 GMT
#18
The hottest collaboration in sc2 history is this one.
I like the purple bags of skittles.
rolfe
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1266 Posts
February 18 2012 02:47 GMT
#19
LOL!
life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously but there it is. Life finds a way
mrRoflpwn
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2618 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-18 02:51:21
February 18 2012 02:47 GMT
#20
may the force be with you
EDIT: is this serious or just to troll grubby...
Long live the Boss Toss!
1 2 3 4 5 41 42 43 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 164
ProTech142
JuggernautJason71
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 200
Dewaltoss 94
Hyuk 75
Bale 19
Dota 2
Gorgc9953
League of Legends
Doublelift34
Counter-Strike
fl0m1550
Fnx 777
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King106
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4195
crisheroes1053
Khaldor1033
Liquid`Hasu595
Other Games
summit1g6526
FrodaN2313
shahzam361
KnowMe355
XBOCT285
C9.Mang0195
ArmadaUGS161
ZombieGrub29
CosmosSc2 25
Trikslyr22
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV265
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH348
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie875
• Shiphtur300
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 47m
CranKy Ducklings
13h 47m
Online Event
14h 47m
FEL
19h 47m
AI Arena Tournament
20h 47m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 47m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.