• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:17
CEST 11:17
KST 18:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8637 users

Getting to know you.

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Smurg
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada3819 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-30 00:19:23
July 30 2005 00:09 GMT
#1
I am tired of reading mere names on TL.net.

I realise I know none of your names or real life situations.

Hey, my name is Graeme...I'm in final year of highschool in Australia, Sydney NSW.

I'm currently studying Ancient History, Economics, English, English Extension, Math, Software design.

I have moved around a hell of a lot during my up bringing.

First being born in England, I lived there until I was 3. I then moved to Saudi Arabia (of all places) in 1990...I stayed there until I was 6. Then I moved to the UAE...a place called Dubai. I stayed there until I was almost 9.

Then I got to Australia and haved lived here for the longest time in my life of about 9 years or more.

So tell me TL.netters' your name, what you're doing with life and what you want to do with your life.



P.S. I have more...I'm just drunk out of my mind at the moment...I have taken hours to construct this post.
Chibi[OWNS]
Profile Joined May 2003
United Kingdom10597 Posts
July 30 2005 00:18 GMT
#2
--- Nuked ---
vGl-CoW
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Belgium8305 Posts
July 30 2005 00:19 GMT
#3
Sup, my name is Micah! I'm in my first year of university, studying Communications or whatever. Did nothing all year so I'll be repeating it in a few months!

I'm really, really lazy. Don't do much other than waking up obscenely late, sitting around here, verbally abusing people in Brood War BEL-1, then usually go out at night with my friends, just have fun, good times.

I listen to goa (psytrance) which is so so good, check out Infected Mushroom and Vibe Tribe and stuff like that.

Leaving for Italy with my friends in about 11 hours, there's like 10 of us going for 10 days, few days just camping, then Sonica for the next 4 days (a really really good goa festival) then go back here and fall into my usual pattern. I'm a lazy no good bum and happy to be one!

Oh and this one time, I totally poo'd my pants. True story, true story.

mOO!
Moderatorfollow me on twitter if u think ur so tough @BooyaCow
Smurg
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada3819 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-30 00:21:12
July 30 2005 00:20 GMT
#4
On July 30 2005 09:19 vGl-CoW wrote:
Sup, my name is Micah! I'm in my first year of university, studying Communications or whatever. Did nothing all year so I'll be repeating it in a few months!

I'm really, really lazy. Don't do much other than waking up obscenely late, sitting around here, verbally abusing people in Brood War BEL-1, then usually go out at night with my friends, just have fun, good times.

I listen to goa (psytrance) which is so so good, check out Infected Mushroom and Vibe Tribe and stuff like that.

Leaving for Italy with my friends in about 11 hours, there's like 10 of us going for 10 days, few days just camping, then Sonica for the next 4 days (a really really good goa festival) then go back here and fall into my usual pattern. I'm a lazy no good bum and happy to be one!

Oh and this one time, I totally poo'd my pants. True story, true story.

mOO!


Psytrance is the shit man.

Glad to meet you Micah. Have fun at Sonica.

And I know you chibi. :D
Yizuo
Profile Joined December 2004
Germany1537 Posts
July 30 2005 00:22 GMT
#5
Nice idea .

I'm Malde, 19 years old, currently living in Braunschweig/Germany (always lived there).
I just finished school with Abitur (dont know whats the appropriate comparison for US-schools is :/. its basically the highest school you can attend before studying), and on monday i am going to start some kind of civil service (thing you have to do when you don't wanna go to the army) where I will work with mentally challenged people.
Then I think I will study, but I am yet unsure what exactly ;>..

Oh, and I have a girlfriend for about a year now =).
Smurg
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada3819 Posts
July 30 2005 00:24 GMT
#6
On July 30 2005 09:22 Yizuo wrote:
Nice idea .

I'm Malde, 19 years old, currently living in Braunschweig/Germany (always lived there).
I just finished school with Abitur (dont know whats the appropriate comparison for US-schools is :/. its basically the highest school you can attend before studying), and on monday i am going to start some kind of civil service (thing you have to do when you don't wanna go to the army) where I will work with mentally challenged people.
Then I think I will study, but I am yet unsure what exactly ;>..

Oh, and I have a girlfriend for about a year now =).

The girlfriend is the coolest part to your tale. Hehe. Well done man a whole year ~ usually young relationships are fast...but well done.

So hey Malde! Good luck with your civil service. :D
vGl-CoW
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Belgium8305 Posts
July 30 2005 00:25 GMT
#7
Nice to meet you too, Graeme. :D (First time I meet someone with your name by the way, must be fairly uncommon!)

I like this thread, you're right. It's nice to have some background info on the TL.netters, really adds to their posts.
Moderatorfollow me on twitter if u think ur so tough @BooyaCow
Yizuo
Profile Joined December 2004
Germany1537 Posts
July 30 2005 00:27 GMT
#8
Thank you, thank you.. I know I'm kinda boring, but hey... :>
Smurg
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada3819 Posts
July 30 2005 00:31 GMT
#9
Nah both of you guys live lives far away from me ~ places I want to visit one day.

Your lives are good no matter what...after all Europe appreciates dance style music and other such things.

Here it's all rnb and that annoys me.
rei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3594 Posts
July 30 2005 00:34 GMT
#10
Hi my name is Hui, i just graduated from University of Washington with Earth and Space science BS degree. My daily schedule when i was attending class is following, 7am wake up go to class, back home at 5 pm after class play games while eating dinner, and play games after dinner till like 2am, then sleep till 7am and repeat the next day. I'm chinese, and i'm 25 years old, moved to the usa about 9 years ago, self-proclaim to be the best broodwar player in university of washington during my stay there. i'm a virgin and need to get a life ( or get laid). I fart a lot, and I have a funny chinese accent. other than playing computer games I do wanna do anything, my BS degree is to fullfill my parent's wishes, i'm rich i don't need a job. I'm looking for a gal friend that plays games all day and willing to fuck me all day without any commitment from me.( a dominatress prefered ^^)

hm... whatelse... oh yea Excalted hates me, i think uhjoo does too after i bailed out on that best of 3 challenge match up after a game. I am extremely bored, attending rock camp and staring at rocks for 6 weeks are torture. i rather go to 6 weeks of bootcamp and get dominated by gay soliders. All my real life friends are usually white, few are korean. However my korean friends don't share my enthusiasm when it comes to broodwar, they play wow and dota, so I quite broodwar many times cause they got me hook on wow and dota. I play basketball, but i'm only 5'6, i partice martial arts, but i cried when i got mud by gansters and couldn't do anything or even think about using my 6 years of experience in martial arts ( they got a gun T.T)

hm... whatelse... i want to play hold'em but don't know the rules, I want to be gosu at broodwar, but can't play it excessively for a month. I like cute animals and I hate bugs. I play final fantasy 11 and made a taru redmage and actually tread it like my pet.

Opps way too much info? LOL
GET OUT OF MY BASE CHILL
Smurg
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada3819 Posts
July 30 2005 00:39 GMT
#11
Nah it's cool Hui...just get yourself into a drunken party one day...or a club...you should get laid pretty fast haha.

Good luck finding the non-commitment-gamer-chick...there have to be a few out there.
rei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3594 Posts
July 30 2005 00:42 GMT
#12
But i don't wanna get laid like that T.T i feel like take advantage of gals that can't help themselves are pretty lame, my desires wants it, but I just can't do it. I rather pay money for sex than raping drunken gals. But hoe don't count as getting laid right?
GET OUT OF MY BASE CHILL
T_T
Profile Joined December 2003
Vatican City State593 Posts
July 30 2005 00:44 GMT
#13
hi my name is T_T and i am a member of tlnet community. i lurk the forums most of the time but do post some shit here and there. i changed my mood icon twice. bye.
HeadBangaa
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6512 Posts
July 30 2005 01:03 GMT
#14
Hi, my name is Joe. I live in San Diego, Cali. I'm 23, so I kinda feel old for a starcraft groupie, but I've been addicted since the game took Warcraft 2's crown.

I go to school but I'm lagging a bit, had to take time off after a failed relationship (if you've been there, you know how much that sucks!). I just finished junior college and am starting my first semester as a junior at University of Callifornia, San Diego as a Computer Science major. I'm not sure what I want to do with that degree. I'm actually looking forward to studying more than post-graduation!

I play a lot of guitar in my spare time. I've wanted to start a band since high school, but could never find a competent drummer. I love hard rock, classic, old school punk, metal. I'm trying to grow out my hair to look more rock and roll So far, it's shoulder length and it seems to be working because I've been jamming with other musicians a lot more lately! Superficial bastards!
People who fail to distinguish Socratic Method from malicious trolling are sadly stupid and not worth a response.
Smurg
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada3819 Posts
July 30 2005 01:05 GMT
#15
Does this also mean you can pull off the grungy rock and roll look Joe?

Glad to hear most of the people here are into their studying ~ we aren't just gamers folks.
Orome
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Switzerland11984 Posts
July 30 2005 01:08 GMT
#16
Hi, my name's Lorenz, I'm 16 and I'm about to start the 5th year of gymnasium (the 'highest' school, it's 6 years long and you go to university afterwards, it's the same kind of school that Yizuo went to). I've always lived in Switzerland, near Zurich and I'm a tipical boring Swiss :/ I play a lot of Handball and if I turn out too lazy for a proper job, I'll try to become pro there. Proper Handball btw, not the American thingy .I've played the piano for about 11 years now and still enjoy doing it, other than that I'm in front of the computer most of the time, reading or doing something with friends. My parents got a divorce when I was 11, and so I'm living just with my mother and my 20 year old brother.

Wow I'm boring T_T
On a purely personal note, I'd like to show Yellow the beauty of infinitely repeating Starcraft 2 bunkers. -Boxer
rei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3594 Posts
July 30 2005 01:10 GMT
#17
I'm not into my study, I never study at home, don't do homeworks till 10 mins before i need to turn it in, I usually don't review till like the night before tests. However I manage to pass all my class and graduate, don't ask for my gpa it's not pretty lol
GET OUT OF MY BASE CHILL
MoltkeWarding
Profile Joined November 2003
5195 Posts
July 30 2005 01:12 GMT
#18
Name is Moltke as far as the online community is cocerned.
What I am doing: studying German in Heidelberg as a supplement to my normal Hist major, Grmn minor in Kingston Canada
What I want to do: survive until I can earn some sort of independence; options are open at the moment.

Born in China, raised in Canada, but will always be drawn to Europe, the heart and soul of the world.
rei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3594 Posts
July 30 2005 01:14 GMT
#19
hey hey my follow china man ^^ why don't you study chinese instead of german? go back to your roots man ^^
GET OUT OF MY BASE CHILL
enkera~
Profile Joined May 2005
Venezuela725 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-30 18:29:49
July 30 2005 01:23 GMT
#20
I'm changing all of this, because I felt like, this didn't explain who am I, and Who I want to be.

Hello, My name is Raul, I'm 16th Years old, and here it goes my life history.

I was borned a day 26th of July, Since a little kid, I was attracted by music, I always love to play the "Tambora" (it's like a little drum, but it isn't a drum is just a tone or something >.<), I always love music, When I get older I went to play ther Electric Guitar, and I love it. Recently this year, some friends and I, start to practice to make a band, in the first plan, I was going to be the MainSinger/Guitarrist. Suddenly this day arrives, we have to practice, and then the Drummer didn't show up at all. We call him for like 3 hours and didn't get an answer, then they said, "Raul how well you can play the drums?", and I response "I don't know, It has been a long time since I played this". Since that day, I'm the drummer of the band.

I want to finish High school, and then go to college (It's University here, but I wanna move to the US to be a Finance Major and then do my MBA). I think I'm gonna do aswell there, My dad is very good on business and He could help me in there.

My social life is like camooT's one, I'm not that akward, but I'm a little bit. I don't talk all the time. About relationship, I'm on a relationship right now, with my best friend. She told she was in love with me, a couple months ago, and we decided to give it a try, we have been together for 2 Months now, and It has been the best thing that ever happened to me, eventhought a lot of people had told me, that if we broke up, I will lose my Best Friend..But shit..

This is almost everything about me, This thread should be updated to add pics and stuff of everyone of us. Thank you for reading this
If I go back to Seoul practice hard so no one can beat me, and for sure I will dedicate all those winnings and honors to my father, Im going back, dont worry, Im going back to the real nada, so remember I will take care of my family dad.. -NaDa
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5939
Rain 3847
Leta 2470
Soulkey 418
Soma 333
BeSt 262
Rush 216
Barracks 179
firebathero 127
Killer 50
[ Show more ]
soO 49
Sexy 46
Shinee 37
Stork 35
Shine 32
HiyA 18
Hm[arnc] 17
Sharp 13
Sacsri 12
sorry 9
Noble 4
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
Gorgc3291
XcaliburYe164
League of Legends
JimRising 506
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King71
Other Games
gofns22016
WinterStarcraft727
Sick173
Pyrionflax167
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV191
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 61
• Sammyuel 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2234
League of Legends
• Jankos2430
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
43m
Patches Events
5h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 43m
OSC
13h 43m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.