• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:36
CEST 14:36
KST 21:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6429 users

Getting to know you. - Page 8

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Smurg
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada3819 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-08-01 08:58:15
August 01 2005 08:56 GMT
#141
I think it was because of your intro...the rest was cool. Yet another one of the many World of Warcraft players. You guys can't get enough of it. :o
Smurg
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada3819 Posts
August 01 2005 17:22 GMT
#142
On July 31 2005 16:22 GroT wrote:
My name's Jelle (pronounced Yell-uh I guess) Van den Eynde.

I just turned 20 years old and live in Antwerp, Belgium. I have a mental "problem" bordering authism that generally makes it harder for me to judge people's emotions, have a conversation about nothing, understand things that require "feel" to it, etc. I have quite a bit of trouble in everyday situations because of this and I was so bad at school that I dropped out before finishing high school. Rekrul likes to call me a "fucking robot" which is not such a bad description if you think about it.


Does that mean you don't laugh a lot? Or don't have as much a sense of humour etc?
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
August 01 2005 19:25 GMT
#143
he does have a sense of humor and he does laugh but its at things normal people would not laugh at so much, i believe

not sure though haha
why so 진지해?
Smurg
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada3819 Posts
August 01 2005 19:38 GMT
#144
Grot: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
You: What?
Grot: OMFG ROFL ROFL ROFL
You: ... ???
Grot: I'm eating ice cream man HAHAHAHAHHAHA.
GroT
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Belgium3003 Posts
August 01 2005 20:45 GMT
#145
something like that : O I'll generally laugh at stuff because I think it doesn't make any sense


like when people tell me they believe in tarot cards, i'll laugh - or at the intro of HE-MAN because i ask myself what were the creators thinking
DANCE ALL DAY
GroT
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Belgium3003 Posts
August 01 2005 20:48 GMT
#146
but you're still right, when people tell a joke, really meaning to tell a joke, i often don't get it
DANCE ALL DAY
Smurg
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada3819 Posts
August 01 2005 20:52 GMT
#147
You're a funny man GroT.

And a good BW player too. :D Haha.
GoGoGo[cF]
Profile Joined September 2004
China545 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-08-01 21:25:07
August 01 2005 21:19 GMT
#148
I'm Sexy Frank.

I play SC and manage team [pR]. We hit #1 team in WGT but then we stop play. Life is good and we are all happy.

I play tons of SC, WC3 RoC, CS, CS:S, UT, etc., etc.

Any game basically, msg me on here.

Social life is a good to go, I have girlfriend for 3 months, just got back from a party so :D

I'm also Chinese. And my parents are the stereotypical kind of Asian parent.

Good to meet you sir.

Lastly, Naruto is number 1 anime ever.!
aka: sbOy[1FaM] ---Retired Gaming---
chicken`
Profile Joined January 2004
Germany3478 Posts
August 01 2005 22:55 GMT
#149
On August 02 2005 06:19 GoGoGo[cF] wrote:
I'm Sexy Frank.

Life is good and we are all happy.

Good to meet you sir.

Lastly, Naruto is number 1 anime ever.!


i love you <3
jeremy clarkson = god
gedanbarai
Profile Joined February 2009
United States64 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-14 17:48:13
April 14 2009 17:14 GMT
#150
This is my other tl.net account : ) - created 2 months ago to try and understand the experience. Didn't really get it. I don't think I will ever understand why people find smurfing so appealing. To be honest it's a hassle and on some level outright rude. I wonder how much of what everyone posts is true. Look at Zia's post for example. How much of that is true Adam? I am sure inbetween all those lies there was some truth. Who is Adam today? This community would be so much stronger and more stable if everyone kept a single identity (staff included). Internet social interactions are turly a wierd and volitile world which makes this thread very special among all other general threads. Thanks smurg, should have found it earlier.

Anyway my name is Ragnar Birko aka entropy to all those who know me in the SC world. I am 43 years old, happily married and have 4 kids, 2 boys (two terrans), 2 girls (one zerg, the little one is too young yet, has protoss personality though). For a living I practice medicine and although Internal Medicine is my bread and butter every few years I try some new filed in medicine out of an eternal inner restlessness I have. I love learning. I also happen to love SC and played it since 1999. I can not stand golf. I really don't want SC2 to be good because I don't think I can handle 10 more years of a new addiction and sleep deprivation. The only way I can game is if I exchange it for sleep time. I was born in Brazil, my dad is German and my mother is first generation Spaniard immigrant to Argentina. I have 2 nationalities (German, Brazilian), and potentially can claim the other two. I have lived in a lot of places, over 23 countries in the western hemisphere so I have lived with people from my many cultures. Some places I liked immediately, some took me a couple of years but in the end I learned to love and appreciate all of them.

zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
April 14 2009 17:22 GMT
#151
On August 02 2005 05:45 GroT wrote:
something like that : O I'll generally laugh at stuff because I think it doesn't make any sense


like when people tell me they believe in tarot cards, i'll laugh - or at the intro of HE-MAN because i ask myself what were the creators thinking


which part about believing in tarot cards is not hilarious?
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
Smorrie
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands2955 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-14 17:31:24
April 14 2009 17:31 GMT
#152
On April 15 2009 02:14 gedanbarai wrote:
Look at Zia's post for example. How much of that is true Adam?


Who knows? She sure got balls to post all that though!
It has a strong technique, but it lacks oo.
uglymoose89
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States671 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-15 22:58:18
April 15 2009 22:54 GMT
#153
Hello,

My name is Joseph Herr. I am an Chinese American born and raised in the States. I live in a suburb of Chicago, IL. I currently am attending Indiana University as a business student. I have lurked around the forums for about 5-6 months and just started posting in the forums. I really enjoy play SC and CS:S. I am a sub D- on ICCup so working to get better. My other hobbies are playing ultimate frisbee and until recently a Battlestar Galactica (the newer one) geek. I have a girlfriend and our 1year will be in less than a week now :D
Chuiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
3470 Posts
April 15 2009 22:58 GMT
#154
In a few moments, perhaps after reading this, certain people will realize they are replaying to a thread that's almost 4 years old. This may not be a bad thing, I just felt it was necessary to point it out to those asking questions in response to old posts.
♞
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
April 15 2009 23:00 GMT
#155
m/24/CA
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Corvi
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Germany1406 Posts
April 15 2009 23:05 GMT
#156
hi, i'm jakob, 24 year old business economics student and my macro is not very good, but micro is ok. i'm living in hanover/germany and besides bw i like tennis and electronic music. grats if you got the micro macro thing.
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
April 15 2009 23:07 GMT
#157
8.5x11 / college-ruled / dunder mifflin

kekes
Hates Fun🤔
TryThis
Profile Joined February 2007
Canada1522 Posts
April 16 2009 04:45 GMT
#158
On April 16 2009 08:07 paper wrote:
8.5x11 / college-ruled / dunder mifflin

kekes


well played paper, well played.

uh, so, my names Doug, im 20, currently studying history in my second year at university. Ive been into SC for quite a few year, only really following at the competitive level since 2006. I sit at a happy D+ on iccup which i achived by using 1 build over and over, however my points are starting to drop now I spend more time playing Diplo 7.7, Temple siege and a few other addictive ums games on east then i should, but its really fun
Dwell
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
April 16 2009 04:50 GMT
#159
On April 16 2009 08:00 CharlieMurphy wrote:
m/24/CA

This isn't a hookup thread lol....

But if you are interested...
+ Show Spoiler +
18/f/Can
+ Show Spoiler +
jkjk
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Chau
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada408 Posts
April 16 2009 04:53 GMT
#160
My name's Eric, recently 18 and living in Edmonton. Viet, although my parents decided not to teach the language. Was raised on the food, though.

First year undergrad, planning to go into Psychiatry although probably won't make it all the way. Might have to settle for Psychology. In University of Alberta...mmm....what else....
Don't play SC much anymore, although I do watch the streams when I have the time and am up that late.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings243
SHIN 145
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 422
ByuN 354
SHIN 153
Railgan 48
MindelVK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 71934
Calm 11052
Rain 2456
Bisu 1523
FanTaSy 806
Shuttle 575
soO 558
Stork 543
Rush 274
Soma 241
[ Show more ]
firebathero 209
Snow 207
Last 177
Light 102
Mind 94
Pusan 75
ToSsGirL 51
Sharp 49
Killer 46
hero 42
Bale 40
Free 39
sorry 36
Trap 36
Mong 30
Hm[arnc] 27
Aegong 26
zelot 22
yabsab 16
HiyA 14
Sacsri 13
Shine 12
Noble 12
Sexy 11
IntoTheRainbow 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9010
Dendi627
Counter-Strike
fl0m1636
byalli864
x6flipin381
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
gofns33954
singsing2280
B2W.Neo599
Pyrionflax249
Trikslyr31
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Gemini_19 13
• Dystopia_ 4
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV525
League of Legends
• Jankos3045
• Nemesis1719
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1270
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 24m
OSC
10h 24m
Replay Cast
10h 24m
OSC
23h 24m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.