• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:02
CEST 12:02
KST 19:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6454 users

Getting to know you. - Page 7

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
WiredBomb
Profile Joined May 2005
United States398 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-31 11:10:28
July 31 2005 10:56 GMT
#121
Da names Chris, 15 years old, living in Northern Virginia. I have a 3.4 GPA (B+ grade point average) and i am entering 10th grade this september. I study all honors classes, and spanish. I have done WCG for 3 years now, doing the best this year, going to regionals. However i did go to regionals in 2003, due to only 2 people went to prelms. haha.
Boom ready or not, here it comes.
Hippopotamus
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
1914 Posts
July 31 2005 11:04 GMT
#122
I'm a private person.
MPXMX
Profile Joined December 2002
Canada4309 Posts
July 31 2005 11:27 GMT
#123
Stygg is awesome
Respect
nvnplatypus
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Netherlands1300 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-31 11:55:38
July 31 2005 11:51 GMT
#124
Name is Theo, 27. Work on PC games for a living in southern California, born and raised in Roermond in the Netherlands though.. I have many bad habits including driving too fast, smoking too many cigarettes, drinking too much coffee, beer, women, and a weakness for art. In terms of special talents I can make really top-notch paper airplanes and also know a ridiculous amount of absolutely useless trivia. The good and healthy habits I have are: . The nerdiest thing I own is an expensive 3-volume Atlas set

Stygg
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
Sweden1100 Posts
July 31 2005 12:16 GMT
#125
On July 31 2005 20:27 MPXMX wrote:
Stygg is awesome
Respect


Wow, what brought that on?
thank you sir
wine is fine but whiskey's quicker
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
July 31 2005 15:32 GMT
#126
The name is Tom and I'm 15. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. I do well enough in school while pretty much hating it. Not really much to do in Vegas if you are a minor, so I play video games. I hate the damn heat. I like watching football during the normal season (GO STEELERS). Hmm don't really know what else I can say.
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
MPXMX
Profile Joined December 2002
Canada4309 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-31 15:58:18
July 31 2005 15:37 GMT
#127
On July 31 2005 21:16 Stygg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2005 20:27 MPXMX wrote:
Stygg is awesome
Respect


Wow, what brought that on?
thank you sir

The lifestyle you desciribed - right on. Sounds good to me
Day[9]
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
United States7366 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-31 15:54:30
July 31 2005 15:48 GMT
#128
YO

my name is Sean Plott, and i attend Harvey Mudd College

i love math, puzzles, art, and doing anything competitively

i love competitive games like Marvel vs Capcom 2, CS, Starcraft (surprise) etc

i love doing things w/ my fingers (and yes think of the most dirty thing you can and i do that w/ my fingers). I love to spin pens w/ my fingers, play starcraft, and i love Beatmania IIDX

i also like to do things quickly and be very efficient. i always plan out in my head how to optimize situations like having to change the laundry and cook a hot pocket. i like to type quickly, play hard songs in IIDX, and i tap like crazy when my hands aren't doing anything. i have high APM at life ! GG! O_o

laughing and making people laugh is also right up there w/ my most favorite things in the whole world. i don't think there's anything more important than getting a huge amount of laughs in every single day. you live a longer happier life

i have a lovely girlfriend named cambria and we are together almost 1 year now
Whenever I encounter some little hitch, or some of my orbs get out of orbit, nothing pleases me so much as to make the crooked straight and crush down uneven places. www.day9.tv
rel
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Guam3521 Posts
July 31 2005 16:08 GMT
#129
dayu is my hero, now where are those LJT vs you reps!
I'll tank push my way into her heart. ☮♥&$!
Gryffindor_us
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States5606 Posts
July 31 2005 16:36 GMT
#130
My name is Christian Hancock, 18 years old. Yes, Hancock, many teachers used to put "Handcock" on my hall passes.

I live in Austin, Texas. I'm finishing high school because I fucked around in homeschool playing BW and reading Harvard Classics but not really doing much else. I like to read, especially comedic pieces or things that will make me laugh - it could be dreadful I have a dark sense of humor I suppose. I go to a high school which allows me to go for five hours and I'm also enrolled for dual credit at a local college. I plan on getting in the top 10% of my class and getting automatically accepted to the University of Texas and double majoring in Asian and Germanic studies. I want to be a translator. I recently fell in love with a girl but it turned out she had other priorities. Been a hard four months for me with NaDa's dad dying, failing to make starleague and the girl combined with a six week course I took that really made it hard to deal with some stuff.

I'm a pretty shy guy, have a few good friends but not a social whore. I like to walk, a lot. I walk to school in the morning which is about 9 miles and I like to wear bandanas. Also, people from Texas (I hate Texas and dislike conservatives) aren't as cowboyish as you think because I get some weird looks for wearing a bandana. I also like to wear a canteen from the original Gulf war as I walk. I like FF8 Music and I play it in my car as I drive.


Anyways, I can't believe I said all that because most of the time I've been on TL I haven't said anything remotely personal. I guess it's because I'm fucking tired and it's 3:28 AM. Anyways, now you know Gryffindor_us a lot better.
Remember 11-12-04. 이윤열 ~. |||| ZerO, IriS, JangBi, Stork, BackHo! Mah Jae Yoon is no longer a feared entity.
mahc
Profile Joined November 2004
United States874 Posts
July 31 2005 16:52 GMT
#131
My name is Cham (pronounced ch-ahm i guess or something like that), 13 years old

I was born in Korea and moved to Southern California about 8 years ago. I like playing soccer (although i suck pretty bad), swimming, final fantasy, blizzard games, anime and so much more.

I had cancer (non hodgkins lymphoma) back during the end of 4th grade.

Yep thats about it not too exciting
OverTheUnder
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States2929 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-14 12:59:32
July 31 2005 17:39 GMT
#132
Honor would be taking it up the ass and curing all diseases, damn how stupid can people get. -baal http://puertoricanbw.ytmnd.com/
1INK
Profile Joined November 2004
United States630 Posts
July 31 2005 17:46 GMT
#133
rofl damn OTU, that name is hilarious

nice little tidbit to know about good old otu lmao

+me is surprised you're still into SC, i left because it got boring but w/e lol, to each his own

hmm i may post my shit here eventually >__>
Smurg
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada3819 Posts
July 31 2005 18:06 GMT
#134
Hey, my name is Graeme...I'm in final year of highschool in Australia, Sydney NSW. I'm currently studying Ancient History, Economics, English, English Extension, Math, Software design. I have moved around a hell of a lot during my upbringing.

I'm really just an average guy. I'm about 6"1' 180 pounds, which is what? 80kg and 185 cm or something.

I enjoy playing sport (tennis and squash), I compose my own music from any genre really, Dance/Techno/Trance mostly.

I also beatbox, I am learning from www.humanbeatbox.com I have been learning since December 2004 and I'm getting better.

I hail from Sydney, although I've moved from several countries, I was born in England in a place called Basingstoke which is kinda near London, then I moved to Saudi Arabia, then Dubai in the UAE, now I'm in Australia, which is so far the best country I've ever lived in.

First being born in England, I lived there until I was 3. I then moved to Saudi Arabia (of all places) in 1990...I stayed there until I was 6. Then I moved to the UAE...a place called Dubai. I stayed there until I was almost 9. Then I got to Australia and have lived here for the longest time in my life of about 9 years or more.

Since I've turned 18 I've been out partying, drinking and other such things (legally now though as opposed to before) I love to read fantasy and crime/adventure style stories...i.e. Robert Ludlum, Dan Brown and Michael Crichton. Fantasy would be...David (& Leigh Eddings), Terry Goodkind, Raymond E. Feist, Terry Pratchett., Jennifer Fallon and many more...I'm also a huge fan of Douglas Adams and his Hitchhiker's Guide series and "The Meaning of Liff" etc.

Movies-wise I like horror and 'feel-good' style movies...sometimes known as chick flicks I guess...but sometimes they can be good. Hey I'm a huge fan of movies...I mainly like any genre except for maybe movies like "The Horse Whisperer" or "Sea Biscuit", movies about horses don't really suit me.

I don't really consider myself a funny guy, but a lot of people say I'm "really" funny...I guess I just like to make people laugh ~ in a way it just comes naturally...on TL.net I'll sorta be more lame and annoying...

I like to use Photoshop and other such things (you may have seen my various photoshops around TL.net ~ including my series of 'iloveoov' images.

When I'm on the internet I'll of course come here, check out www.newgrounds.com and www.humanbeatbox.com and other random sites. I play Counterstrike at the moment, but I hopefully will be moving back into Starcraft under the tutelage of some random gosus...FrozenArbiter...you're my MASTER?

Other than that, after highschool I plan to travel around Europe...and eventually visit America one day. I've made some decent friends here on TL.net and I hope to extend that.

For some reason I've always had the desire for everyone to "know" me around here...I hope a few more of you "know" my name now haha. SMURG FOR FAMOUS MANIA!~!~

Well, hope to hear from some more of you.
L!MP
Profile Joined March 2003
Australia2067 Posts
July 31 2005 18:17 GMT
#135
my name's shaun, im 19 and i'm a psychology student. my life's had it's ups and downs with nothing too serious i guess. i've travelled a little, not alot. i've been to new zealand, all around australia just about (where i live), south korea and just recently to new caledonia. in fact i have some photos from that trip, if you guys want to take a peak? ;D

http://photo.legacy63.com/index.php

anyway, back to my life.. i'm a gamer at heart you could say. i started with street fighter 2 in the arcades and age of empires, both of which i played vividly. i know it's sad, but just shredding up those older kids at the corner shop with chung-li still brings a smile to my face. apart from gaming though i guess you could say i'm obsessed with girls. in fact i've missed out on a few relationships just because i talk about "other girls" too much but i dunno, that's just me. i like guys and girls company, but when it's random new people, i'm always off with the girls, heh.

as to a more serious part of my life i.e. work and uni, well at the moment the former is non existant. i'll try and fix that soon enough though as i'm a $100 a week man who's got practically no money to burn. as i said before, i'm doing psychology at uni - it's very very interesting to me. not sure what i want to be just yet though. criminal psychology seems cool, but it'd probably be equally as disturbing in reality, heh. anyway, i'll just keep on heading down this road and see where it takes me.

how's my personality you ask? i don't know to be honest. it depends on who i'm around! i'm quite different around different people, and it's not on purpose. however, i'm really outgoing, nice and cheeky towards people i like. to those i don't like, i generally just stay out of their way. when i'm happy it doesn't fade quickly and if one of my friends is happy for whatever reason, 9 times out of 10 ill be over the moon too. ok well, i guess i'll leave it at that. if i go on too much nobody will bother reading this anyway
NeverEndingStory
Profile Joined February 2005
446 Posts
July 31 2005 18:18 GMT
#136
On July 31 2005 20:27 MPXMX wrote:
Stygg is awesome
Respect


Agreed 100%; ).
The life style you described is very cool.I consider myself a child but I would never want to have one too.; )
Playing pokah
OverTheUnder
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States2929 Posts
July 31 2005 18:19 GMT
#137
On August 01 2005 02:46 1INK wrote:
rofl damn OTU, that name is hilarious

nice little tidbit to know about good old otu lmao

+me is surprised you're still into SC, i left because it got boring but w/e lol, to each his own

hmm i may post my shit here eventually >__>


wtf Sc for lyfe!! cheese puff boy
Honor would be taking it up the ass and curing all diseases, damn how stupid can people get. -baal http://puertoricanbw.ytmnd.com/
Stygg
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
Sweden1100 Posts
August 01 2005 05:08 GMT
#138
On August 01 2005 03:18 NeverEndingStory wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2005 20:27 MPXMX wrote:
Stygg is awesome
Respect


Agreed 100%; ).
The life style you described is very cool.I consider myself a child but I would never want to have one too.; )


Heh, some would call me lazy and irresponsible, but I'm glad you two understand Life just isn't made for working as much as we do.. it really sucks to think that when you have a 40 hour/week job, that takes up most of your weekly hours.. or the hours that count anyway. Besides I'm in the bike trade and I have no interest for bikes whatsoever, I really don't know how I ended up there, lol.
wine is fine but whiskey's quicker
Smurg
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada3819 Posts
August 01 2005 08:35 GMT
#139
On August 01 2005 14:08 Stygg wrote:
Heh, some would call me lazy and irresponsible, but I'm glad you two understand Life just isn't made for working as much as we do.. it really sucks to think that when you have a 40 hour/week job, that takes up most of your weekly hours.. or the hours that count anyway. Besides I'm in the bike trade and I have no interest for bikes whatsoever, I really don't know how I ended up there, lol.


I have a teacher who would disagree with you 100%.

He always says "Human beings are made for working...we have to work..." He means this in a 40 + hour per week job...he also says he can't think when he's sitting down...so I don't really trust him.
zero89
Profile Joined September 2004
United States295 Posts
August 01 2005 08:54 GMT
#140
On July 31 2005 18:45 LetMeBeWithYou wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2005 16:55 zero89 wrote:
yoyo whatsupp

My name is Cavan and they call me Poppa or rotten twinkie....
rotten twinkie because its black on the inside and yellow on the outside.. just like me, im chinese who acts like a black guy....
no offense... but... BLACK POWERRR MY NIKKUHH!!!
got a problem with that? DU SUGER TACK SA MYCKET

btw, i was born in usa, florida.. then moved to republic of panama .... life is BoOoOooRrRRiiiIiInNNnGgGgG where I live... but with friends life is beautiful =)
im 16yrs old and i relate to music, games, sports, food, drugs, sex, rockNroll, and most importantly... BREATHING =)

also, i cant wait to finish highschool... 2 more years and ull see me having fun in a florida college
=)

btw im undecided about my future and what i wanna be. but I never take life so seriously.
thinkin about the future makes you forget about the present. JUST KEEP LIVINgg

furthermore, i was a competitive counter strike player(meaning that i had a team and assisted to local events and etc.) but then just moved on and left the gaming scene for quite sometime now...

the only game i play is World of Warcraft(not in official server though, I never pay2play :D) in a free private server hosted in the U.S. I think its the best one though.

oh, and im a virgin, so you gotta believe what im saying =) hahaha
i almost forgot, girls in my town are SO DAMN UGLYYY i mean seriously, you know whats somalia? well its something like that over here...
ewwww
moreover, before entering college i want to go to sweden for awhile and pick a few girls and move on with my life from there =)

it sux to live in a third world country... DONT EVEN TRY IT!


peace out yo
keep it rollin



Dont ever post on this forums again.


haha why the hate? =)
Cause everything is nothing, and emptiness is in everything. Cause reality is really just a fuct up dream...
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings31
CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 174
SHIN 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10177
Rain 3264
soO 599
Stork 415
Soulkey 382
BeSt 358
Soma 346
Rush 288
firebathero 227
Britney 192
[ Show more ]
Barracks 120
Sexy 58
Shinee 55
Mind 47
FanTaSy 43
Killer 33
Sharp 26
Shine 21
HiyA 21
sorry 21
Sacsri 17
Hm[arnc] 16
hero 14
yabsab 12
Terrorterran 10
zelot 10
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 3
Dota 2
Gorgc5789
League of Legends
JimRising 430
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King130
Other Games
gofns37002
singsing1257
Pyrionflax206
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV226
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 56
• Sammyuel 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV174
League of Legends
• Jankos2807
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 58m
OSC
12h 58m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.