• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:02
CEST 12:02
KST 19:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6410 users

Getting to know you. - Page 2

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Murph
Profile Joined July 2005
Canada591 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-30 01:26:39
July 30 2005 01:24 GMT
#21
Hi, I am Murph. I live a simple life, which revolves around: school, my friends, my girlfriend, swimming, biking, bodybuilding, and finally fighting. This has been the story of my life for the past 2 years, except biking, swimming, and friends have always been a big part of my life. I am currently 17 years of age and attending high school. Within a week of graduation (I graduate this school year coming up) I will be boarding a plane and flying to Philadelphia Internationl Airport, and making my way 58 miles north east to my apartment building in Camden, NJ. I will be finding a roommate beforehand via personals so I will only have to pay for half the rent and will be able to support myself off of a part-time job. I will be attending Divers Academy International in Camden NJ where I will get my commericial divers lisence. Then I will be taking several different programs at the Lincoln Electric welding school, and finally getting more specialized training in the field of underwater welding. This will be a stepping stone for me, and not my final career. I will use underwater welding as a stepping stone to becoming an underwater welding engineer, or underwater welding trainer. Not much more to say about my life. I enjoy the occasional video game but am growing out of that. Also, the way I will manage paying for everything is i've been working part time jobs since I was 16. I havn't spent a cent of the money i've made (except for on food, my mom isn't willing to spend the required amounts to feed me and frankly i'm sure she can't afford it) so i've saved up quite a bit of money now. I don't think I will be able to continue bodybuilding after I leave, so if that is the case I will start eating a normal diet and I will save a lot more money that way too. I plan on working a part time job while attending school in Camden, so that combined will pay for anything I need.
US-West: Ecstasy_V_
MoltkeWarding
Profile Joined November 2003
5195 Posts
July 30 2005 01:30 GMT
#22
On July 30 2005 10:24 Murph wrote:
Hi, I am Murph. I live a simple life, which revolves around: school, my friends, my girlfriend, swimming, biking, bodybuilding, and finally fighting. This has been the story of my life for the past 2 years, except biking, swimming, and friends have always been a big part of my life. I am currently 17 years of age and attending high school. Within a week of graduation (I graduate this school year coming up) I will be boarding a plane and flying to Philadelphia Internationl Airport, and making my way 58 miles north east to my apartment building in Camden, NJ. I will be finding a roommate beforehand via personals so I will only have to pay for half the rent and will be able to support myself off of a part-time job. I will be attending Divers Academy International in Camden NJ where I will get my commericial divers lisence. Then I will be taking several different programs at the Lincoln Electric welding school, and finally getting more specialized training in the field of underwater welding. This will be a stepping stone for me, and not my final career. I will use underwater welding as a stepping stone to becoming an underwater welding engineer, or underwater welding trainer. Not much more to say about my life. I enjoy the occasional video game but am growing out of that. Also, the way I will manage paying for everything is i've been working part time jobs since I was 16. I havn't spent a cent of the money i've made (except for on food, my mom isn't willing to spend the required amounts to feed me and frankly i'm sure she can't afford it) so i've saved up quite a bit of money now. I don't think I will be able to continue bodybuilding after I leave, so if that is the case I will start eating a normal diet and I will save a lot more money that way too. I plan on working a part time job while attending school in Camden, so that combined will pay for anything I need.


I really envy the clarity of your life goals. Sounds like you have it well sorted out and a firm sense of direction, when most people your age couldn´t begin to summarize what they want. What made you want to be an underwater welding engineer though? It sounds like a strange aspiration.
rei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3594 Posts
July 30 2005 01:36 GMT
#23
you are the man, I am 25 and no goal for my life. what's underwater welding? i went through university and don't know what welding means lol
GET OUT OF MY BASE CHILL
NeverEndingStory
Profile Joined February 2005
446 Posts
July 30 2005 01:37 GMT
#24
Hi all.
My name is Tom,I come from Kielce,small city in Poland,and I am almost 16.I have been playing chess few years ago then I gave it up for starcraft and finally I moved to poker in April.
I used to have some kind of job as semi model when I was 15 but poker was way better option for making some money so I stopped it.I usually spend my time with my friends,reading fantasy books or few internet forums,playing cards and enjoying the life as much as I possible can.
I like listening to rock music like Guano Apes or Evanescence etc...,I am planning to start making investments at stock market and play cards until that day.Maybe I 'll go to economics university but I am planning to make one year break from education after finishing high school.

very good thread by the way
Playing pokah
Kobayashi
Profile Joined February 2003
Portugal1970 Posts
July 30 2005 01:43 GMT
#25
lol this seems cool

Hi \\o_ My name is Pedro, I decided to drop out of college in the last month, because I realized it isn't what I want in my life (at all), so I'm playing poker for a living. I'm moving to my gf's city (we've been together for 2years) and then plan my life from that point on. Nice to meet all of you
I love mankind, its people I hate
camooT
Profile Joined October 2004
United States1354 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-30 01:46:22
July 30 2005 01:45 GMT
#26
hey.

i dont want to give my real name because i think people i know might read this forum >_>. just call me andy .

i tend to be awkward and shy in real life, i usually avoid people, but really don't mind conversation once in a while. i'm in that part of life where i'm trying to decide what to do, especially since my grades last year weren't so great (i'm starting my senior year in a month). i'm afraid of going to college right now, because i know i won't be at all motivated. so i'm taking a short cut out, im heading to china for a year after my senior year to gather my wits, sit down and work.

socially, like i said, i'm awkward. never had a relationship before, but not from lack of trying . anyway, these last few days i've been in contact with a friend, and i've had something of a revelation about people. i need to be less judgmental and paranoid about them, i guess.

finally, i consider myself a writer, but my productivity isn't so great. i'll maybe churn out one short story a month and not too long ones by that. journalism is a possibility for me, but the idea of churning away at a local newspaper doing something i hate out of principle scares me. unless some sort of breakthrough success happens to me in terms of writing, i'm not going to be able to take care of myself that way.

oh ya, i've completely given up gaming now. it's just boring.
NeverEndingStory
Profile Joined February 2005
446 Posts
July 30 2005 01:47 GMT
#27
On July 30 2005 10:43 Kobayashi wrote:
lol this seems cool

Hi \\o_ My name is Pedro, I decided to drop out of college in the last month, because I realized it isn't what I want in my life (at all), so I'm playing poker for a living. I'm moving to my gf's city (we've been together for 2years) and then plan my life from that point on. Nice to meet all of you


Haha, second Rekrul borned ;d.
Good luck on your way it seems very cute,I think I'd like to follow this way one day too.
Playing pokah
camooT
Profile Joined October 2004
United States1354 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-30 01:49:05
July 30 2005 01:47 GMT
#28
rei: nah, excal doesn't hate you. i got in huge flamefests with him and we're still cool on bnet.

unless you mean exalted. but he hates everyone that he doesn't consider high enough in the tl social ladder to be respected, so wtf.
Smurg
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada3819 Posts
July 30 2005 01:52 GMT
#29
Nice to see all the replies and learn more about you guys.

And camooT I didn't know of such a ladder...and I have no idea where I stand on it. :D
IcedEarth
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States3661 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-30 02:06:03
July 30 2005 01:54 GMT
#30
I'm Zia Liimatainen, 20 year old Female currently living in USA. I'll be studying psychology, sociology, journalism, and music. I listen to most kinds of music (exceptions: emo/screamo, funk, rap, bad metal) and I've been playing guitar and piano for most of my life. I've also grown up playing video games, and I am an avid RPG fan, particularly the Final Fantasy series. I've lived in several places in Europe and Asia, just recently making my way to the Americas (Zia tour). Previous occupations included opera and footwear modeling, retired from both for school. I am the queen of the grill.
Guardian guardian guardian of the blind
LetMeBeWithYou
Profile Joined August 2004
Canada4254 Posts
July 30 2005 01:55 GMT
#31
im gonna stalk every one of you guys from the information you provided and kill you
All Those beneath an angry star
camooT
Profile Joined October 2004
United States1354 Posts
July 30 2005 01:56 GMT
#32
On July 30 2005 10:52 Smurg wrote:
Nice to see all the replies and learn more about you guys.

And camooT I didn't know of such a ladder...and I have no idea where I stand on it. :D

don't be an idealist. there's always a ladder
rei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3594 Posts
July 30 2005 01:58 GMT
#33
haha, it's alright man I don't really care about if Exalted hates me or not, i just mention it cause i am bored I can't wait till i get back from montana back to seattle, I can start playing broodwar again ^^ I didn't play it for almost a year lol, damn ff11+wow+dota+rock camp they are so very additive except for that rock camp i hate it T.T
GET OUT OF MY BASE CHILL
Sorrow_eyes
Profile Joined February 2005
United States1007 Posts
July 30 2005 02:01 GMT
#34
Hmm...
Not sure its wise to tell my real name...
Just call me Learning.
I'm 16, live in Cupertino, CA, USA. born 1989, March 27. Currently attending MontaVista Highschool, this is summer but when I get back I would be a Junior. I like to make movies with friends, drawing(i consider myself a artist ^_^)play starcraft, and make Flash animations if I have time. Do some karate classes and in the badminton team for school. I was born in china, and then moved to US till about 14 years old. I'm okay with people and all, but I dont got a huge friendlist in real life, mainly becaues ppl tend to think I'm crazy by the way I talk and all... Want to become a bio/chem majoy.
GL HF :D
Myacctmessup: People tried to create a Perfect language that the whole world can communicate with out difficulty, that it is universal and easy to learn. Do you hapen to know what language is it? Fireblast: You mean love?
Tien
Profile Joined January 2003
Russian Federation4447 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-30 02:03:20
July 30 2005 02:02 GMT
#35
Name's Tien. Im 18.

My life revolves around training MMA. Most of the time I box in the ring but once a week I do NHB fighting in the ring. The life of a fighter is pretty much the life for me.

My goal is to be in the sickest fighting shape and one day start teaching MMA itself. And even make a living playing poker. Fuck 9-5 jobs, im going to do what I want to do, not what I have to do.

I am a simple guy, I don't drink anymore, I don't go out to clubs and parties anymore, those places just aren't where I want to spend time anymore. Too many fake people hanging around those places pretending to be people they are not.

I am also very laid back.

I guess that is it.

Oooops, forgot to mention that I am also a nerd.
We decide our own destiny
Murph
Profile Joined July 2005
Canada591 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-30 02:10:06
July 30 2005 02:08 GMT
#36
I dout any of you guys live in Camden, but if any of you do it'd be cool to meet someone for when I get there to show me the ropes of the place. Anyway, if you're wondering what Underwater Welding is, and/or are interested I suggest this read, it's about the best (free) article out there.
Taking the plunge So obviously it is contract work, for projects. Common companies for hiring are companies such as NASA. They neglected to mention one key thing, there is the danger factor which depending on depth/location can triple your sallery.
And if you don't know what welding is and you're American... Weird. Just google welding.
US-West: Ecstasy_V_
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-30 02:12:56
July 30 2005 02:09 GMT
#37
I'm 19.
I'm taking software engineering at unb in fredericton.
i enjoy playing soccer and reading / writing, particularly satirical pieces. kurt vonnegut's my favourite author. i help edit/write a joke newspaper for the engineering department.
i've been addicted to bw for a long time, in grade 11 i skipped week of school to stay home and play. the ironic part, of course, is that everyone else who i wanted to play with during the daytime was at school. i got a weeks worth of inschool suspension for it.
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
rei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3594 Posts
July 30 2005 02:14 GMT
#38
What's MMA Tien? hehe i don't drink nor smoke neither, I never been to a clubs cause I don't drink. And I too dislike people that are not true to themselves. as for being a nerd anyone in this forum has over 2000 posts should consider themselves to be on, I however don't have as many posts I usually only read and keep myself quite( no game in rock camp I have nothing to do but post lol I posted almost 100 post during this 6 weeks) but if you check my profile i was one of the first ppls to join TL.net and stayed unbanned by rekrul for long long time So I also consider myself a nerd
Tien we shall laid back together on b.net sometimes ^^
GET OUT OF MY BASE CHILL
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-30 02:15:19
July 30 2005 02:14 GMT
#39
Hi, my name is Alexander

I'm a 16 year old male living in Belgium studying sience with 6 hours of math and 2 extra hours of german. Why the german? Because I didnt feel like 8 hours of math, I'm too freakin lazy for that and rather spend my time on the computer than studying, hah.
I like to draw in my spare time which I usually do on saturdays in the art academy where I have some cool friends. I'm a site-creator (Link!) , usually doing both the programming and the designing (and maintaining, creating intro's, doing PR, whatever..) I like anime, manga, gaming, etc. As for music, I recently leeched Micah(cow)'s entire collection on a Lan party You da man, micah \m/
I plan to focus more on designing than anything else in the future, mainly pumping up my skills and combining them with Photoshop, Flash, 3dsMax and Maya.
I like to hang around with my friends the most, we chill a lot =D

Nice to meet you all
Graphics
rei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3594 Posts
July 30 2005 02:17 GMT
#40
oh my god murph it's a dangous job life expectancy of 5 years? you have a death wish? or maybe you just like to live on the edge
GET OUT OF MY BASE CHILL
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings31
CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 174
SHIN 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10177
Rain 3264
soO 599
Stork 415
Soulkey 382
BeSt 358
Soma 346
Rush 288
firebathero 227
Britney 192
[ Show more ]
Barracks 120
Sexy 58
Shinee 55
Mind 47
FanTaSy 43
Killer 33
Sharp 26
Shine 21
HiyA 21
sorry 21
Sacsri 17
Hm[arnc] 16
hero 14
yabsab 12
Terrorterran 10
zelot 10
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 3
Dota 2
Gorgc5789
League of Legends
JimRising 430
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King130
Other Games
gofns37002
singsing1257
Pyrionflax206
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV226
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 56
• Sammyuel 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV174
League of Legends
• Jankos2807
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 58m
OSC
12h 58m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.