• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:48
CEST 15:48
KST 22:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War485.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7953 users

Casting. A teensy bit imba ;)

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Ghostdav
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada129 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 00:42:58
September 15 2011 00:31 GMT
#1
So i posted this message :

Hi! My name's Cole. I casted a few games under the alias (not posting name). If you want you can check out my youtube page at (not putting my page here)

Tell me what you think, if I'm terrible, anything I can improve upon.

Thanks and enjoy,

Cheers,

Cole

My thread was moved to blogs because I was told that I was advertising my cast and that it was personal. Not only am I not doing this, Im asking for help on improving my casting. How am I supposed to improve my casting if I can't show anybody my videos on the general thread? I feel that the blogs don't get any traffic.

EDIT: I'm in no way angry, merely confused. Please don't mistake my tone for whining about not getting enough views on my channel. I just want constructive criticism and feedback, and I feel that the blogs section doesn't offer any of that.
It's quite alright, goodbye for now.
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
September 15 2011 00:33 GMT
#2
If ti was moved to blogs it was for a good reason.

Anyways I'll watch your cast when i can and try to give you some feedback(if this is still open). Good luck
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
Papulatus
Profile Joined July 2010
United States669 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 00:36:08
September 15 2011 00:35 GMT
#3
The blogs not getting enough traffic is not a reason to clutter the general forums.

If it was moved there it was for a good reason.

Good luck in your casting career.
4 Corners in a day.
Ghostdav
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada129 Posts
September 15 2011 00:35 GMT
#4
On September 15 2011 09:33 windsupernova wrote:
If ti was moved to blogs it was for a good reason.

Anyways I'll watch your cast when i can and try to give you some feedback(if this is still open). Good luck


I was told that it was moved to blogs because:

(Because it was, at best, a personal topic. Personal topics belong in your blog.

At worst it was an advertisement for a youtube channel, which belongs in the closed section.

I looked at the bright side. If you wish to make a new blog topic in the future, please click the blog link beside your username in the banner.)

Does anybody agree with me that blogs aren't useful for feedback? I could be totally wrong.
It's quite alright, goodbye for now.
Atlare
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia893 Posts
September 15 2011 00:35 GMT
#5
Posting again is the worst thing you can do, alternatively you could try other websites like Wellplayed and Reddit for some casting tips. Also, PM a mod/admin/banhammer if you ever have any problems. Good luck with your casting.
Considering learning BW
svefnleysi
Profile Joined March 2011
Iceland623 Posts
September 15 2011 00:36 GMT
#6
You're not posting a link now... Okay... But you're actually asking us to go look for your YouTube page and watch your videos. This actually seems worse than your previous thread. It's the same, just less convenient.
Ghostdav
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada129 Posts
September 15 2011 00:36 GMT
#7
On September 15 2011 09:35 Papulatus wrote:
The blogs not getting enough traffic is not a reason to clutter the general forums.


Is this clutter? I apologize if it is.
It's quite alright, goodbye for now.
Ghostdav
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada129 Posts
September 15 2011 00:36 GMT
#8
On September 15 2011 09:36 svefnleysi wrote:
You're not posting a link now... Okay... But you're actually asking us to go look for your YouTube page and watch your videos. This actually seems worse than your previous thread. It's the same, just less convenient.


I'll edit the post.
It's quite alright, goodbye for now.
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
September 15 2011 00:36 GMT
#9
Also because you can't spam the general section just cause you think that blogs doesn't get enough traffic.
Ghostdav
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada129 Posts
September 15 2011 00:38 GMT
#10
On September 15 2011 09:36 DystopiaX wrote:
Also because you can't spam the general section just cause you think that blogs doesn't get enough traffic.


I still don't understand how it's spam. I'm not advertising my site. I just want feedback. Isn't the forums the place we come for that?
It's quite alright, goodbye for now.
Takezou
Profile Joined October 2010
United States320 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 00:40:39
September 15 2011 00:38 GMT
#11
This is a slightly immature way to go about trying to fix this. There are other ways to go about discussing TL policies.

Still at least i can say that you seem to be motivated about getting your casting some attention so gl with that.

Edit - Here is a link:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=7
Ghostdav
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada129 Posts
September 15 2011 00:39 GMT
#12
On September 15 2011 09:38 Takezou wrote:
This is a slightly immature way to go about trying to fix this. There are other ways to go about discussing TL policies.

Still at least i can say that you seem to be motivated about getting your casting some attention so gl with that.


Maybe people misunderstand my tone. I'm not angry, simply confused. Where should I go to get feedback on my channel? Other than the blogs section, seeing as how no one will read my blog.
It's quite alright, goodbye for now.
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
September 15 2011 00:40 GMT
#13
On September 15 2011 09:38 Ghostdav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2011 09:36 DystopiaX wrote:
Also because you can't spam the general section just cause you think that blogs doesn't get enough traffic.


I still don't understand how it's spam. I'm not advertising my site. I just want feedback. Isn't the forums the place we come for that?

I think the problem at this point is more that your thread was moved to blogs and you decided that blogs weren't good enough for you and so you created another thread to complain about it. You theoretically can get the feedback you want, in the blog section, which you are obviously unsatisfied with, but it's what you get.
Ghostdav
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada129 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 00:41:10
September 15 2011 00:40 GMT
#14
It's quite alright, goodbye for now.
Ghostdav
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada129 Posts
September 15 2011 00:41 GMT
#15
On September 15 2011 09:40 DystopiaX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2011 09:38 Ghostdav wrote:
On September 15 2011 09:36 DystopiaX wrote:
Also because you can't spam the general section just cause you think that blogs doesn't get enough traffic.


I still don't understand how it's spam. I'm not advertising my site. I just want feedback. Isn't the forums the place we come for that?

I think the problem at this point is more that your thread was moved to blogs and you decided that blogs weren't good enough for you and so you created another thread to complain about it. You theoretically can get the feedback you want, in the blog section, which you are obviously unsatisfied with, but it's what you get.


I can understand that point of view. Is the general consensus that I should post in blogs if I want feedback for my cast?
It's quite alright, goodbye for now.
RQShatter
Profile Joined August 2010
United States459 Posts
September 15 2011 00:42 GMT
#16
Obviously not here.
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
September 15 2011 00:42 GMT
#17
On September 15 2011 09:41 Ghostdav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2011 09:40 DystopiaX wrote:
On September 15 2011 09:38 Ghostdav wrote:
On September 15 2011 09:36 DystopiaX wrote:
Also because you can't spam the general section just cause you think that blogs doesn't get enough traffic.


I still don't understand how it's spam. I'm not advertising my site. I just want feedback. Isn't the forums the place we come for that?

I think the problem at this point is more that your thread was moved to blogs and you decided that blogs weren't good enough for you and so you created another thread to complain about it. You theoretically can get the feedback you want, in the blog section, which you are obviously unsatisfied with, but it's what you get.


I can understand that point of view. Is the general consensus that I should post in blogs if I want feedback for my cast?

I think the mods told you that the first time, I don't get why you needed this thread for us to tell you that.
Tektos
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia1321 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 00:44:18
September 15 2011 00:43 GMT
#18
On September 15 2011 09:41 Ghostdav wrote:
Is the general consensus that I should post in blogs if I want feedback for my cast?


YES

Would have thought you understood this when your original thread got moved to blogs.
Beyonder
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands15103 Posts
September 15 2011 00:46 GMT
#19
Guess ill move this to website feedback to keep the troll alive of moving threads you make to random forums.

Serious though, Im clueless on this subject but it seems more appropriate here. Actually, Ill just close it and you can make a website feedback post on this if you want
Moderator
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 317
TKL 237
CranKy Ducklings138
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1197
Lowko529
TKL 237
ProTech117
Rex 117
MindelVK 20
EmSc Tv 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59741
Free 2284
Horang2 309
firebathero 242
Zeus 173
Last 101
Hyun 87
Pusan 80
ToSsGirL 80
910 53
[ Show more ]
Trap 37
soO 28
Aegong 21
Rock 20
Yoon 16
Noble 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 11
Icarus 10
Dota 2
Gorgc6834
Dendi935
XaKoH 422
canceldota67
Counter-Strike
fl0m773
Other Games
gofns41061
singsing2294
B2W.Neo480
byalli391
Mlord302
Pyrionflax286
Beastyqt234
ToD185
DeMusliM93
Liquid`VortiX91
QueenE70
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 0
EmSc2Tv 0
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 25
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2861
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1605
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 12m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 12m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.