• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:42
CEST 16:42
KST 23:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9426 users

[M] (2) Ohana

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-19 05:55:21
August 01 2011 00:08 GMT
#1
2nd place in TLMC
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=296164

TPW Ohana

published to NA, SEA, and EU


[image loading]

Introduction:
After TPW Antiga Prime, I really wanted to try something that was totally out of my way: a beach themed map. LSPrime was my inspiration when I thought of making a beach map, and at first TPW Ohana was almost the same as Bel'shir beach (because that's what we think of when we think of a beach map), but then I thought it was too original and too generic. With my team's support and feedback, and my own created tileset, I created a beach that was more rugged and dry, and that's what TPW Ohana represents!

The pathing was a little tricky, so I resolved most of it by adding canyons around the edges to better define where the pathing will end when units are in the water. All water inland is pathable and buildable.

Players: 2
Bases: 10 (no golds)
XWT: 2 (center)
Size: 128 x 135

Screenshots: (outdated)
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


Analyzer:
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
Tsuycc
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada269 Posts
August 01 2011 00:24 GMT
#2
Really like this map, Easy to take thirds, long rush distances but not insanely long, if pros were to play this I think this map would dish out some great games!

textures look great also
[Hoping spider mines are brought back in SC2] // MarineKing // Leta // Polt | Terran Pride "my girlfriend is the medivac" -Rain
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-01 00:35:55
August 01 2011 00:33 GMT
#3
Map looks really good. Originally my valley of legends map was going to be a beach like map but ended up trying to go a different route since more and more people seem to be doing the beach type. That said your map does look really nice.

Since you know how I love to throw my suggestions towards you whenever you make a map, I've decided I will do that.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I think making the 3 & 9 o clock bases a little more open will allow you to move thru them much easier. Right now it's a little tough to not move thru the map without going into the XWT. It reaches about 1/3 of the ramp to those 3 & 9 bases and then if you do go thru that path there's only a single wide ramp. I'd think adding another ramp to the base, moving where the minerals are & making the single wide ramp a double wide could add some more flow to the map.

With that said, the expansions by your main that are kind of out of the way almost seem impossible to take. You could take them for your 3rd but I feel it's a long distance to get troops from your nat to that 3rd & it's such a huge choke that defending it might be a problem. For that I suggest putting up a high ground pillar in the middle (the black boxes) and LoS blockers from that pillar to the high ground in the main & the 3/9 bases (the orange lines). I think then it could be more of a "hidden" base for the player and thus will make people scout better.

Again, great map, love the overall flow of it (although I would like the sides to be opened up a bit more) and the aesthetics of it look great. Maps are getting nothing but better from you bud!
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
August 01 2011 00:47 GMT
#4
Nicely done! The aesthetics seem pretty ripped off from Bel'Shir Beach, but I'm not against that :p Looks really cool. I like how you added in the yellow grass to some areas. Some more trees might be nice just for more of a lush feel, but it looks good right now.

My main concern is that the natural is too open (hmm... same problem as Bel'Shir beach). I realize that you can wall off from the ramp-natCC, but it really won't work with two wide open chokes. I suggest raising the main and natural, and then trying a backdoor style similar to Peaks of Beakdu from Brood War. It would use rocks instead of minerals though- something like this.

I guess the only issue doing this is that there will no longer be an overlord scouting pod in the main. You can add one behind the natural to scout expansions, but scouting the main is pretty difficult. You might move both gas to the same side (near the lowground 3rd) so that overlords can scout the gas and determine the build.

I also drew in a couple high ground pieces to choke off the open areas. Right now it seems very difficult for a smaller army to defend without being surrounded. Adding a pillar or trees would allow forcefields and tanks to control the space easier. I'm not sure exactly where to put them, but I think they would be a good balance addition.

https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Gl!tch
Profile Joined December 2010
United States573 Posts
August 01 2011 02:01 GMT
#5
Nicely done, been enjoying your maps for a while now and look forward to this beach map!
“I mean, they say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.” ― Banksy
Inside.Out
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada569 Posts
August 01 2011 02:56 GMT
#6
this looks waaaay too much like belshir beach. even though youve adjusted a few things, it still has the same basic layout
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
August 01 2011 03:08 GMT
#7
On August 01 2011 11:56 EcstatiC wrote:
this looks waaaay too much like belshir beach. even though youve adjusted a few things, it still has the same basic layout


Mmmm.... its really not similar at all. The only thing is the crescent moon 3rd. Other than that and the split pathing, there are really no similarities. The aesthetics are what make the two maps look similar.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
dudecrush
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada418 Posts
August 01 2011 04:05 GMT
#8
Man, seeing such a good map makes me hate the blizzard ladder maps even more...

This map is really great, my only recommendation is that you:

A) Widen the center and remove the line-of-sight blockers around the XWT or

B) Take a leaf out of Xel'Naga Fortress's book and make the watchtower self destruct after 7 minutes.

That watchtower provides way to much vision, makes for split map every game in TvT and just makes tanks even more annoying then normal.
Vathus
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada404 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-01 04:31:13
August 01 2011 04:30 GMT
#9
Nice map. The expansion layout reminds me of destination from bw which was one of my favourite maps.
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
August 01 2011 06:50 GMT
#10
Would making the XWT self-destruct after 7 minutes be good on this map because of the layout?

I will definitely look into monitor's and sidian's ideas. Keep them coming! Also, I just realized I forgot to fix the player properties >.<
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
August 01 2011 07:14 GMT
#11
On August 01 2011 09:47 monitor wrote:
Nicely done! The aesthetics seem pretty ripped off from Bel'Shir Beach, but I'm not against that :p Looks really cool. I like how you added in the yellow grass to some areas. Some more trees might be nice just for more of a lush feel, but it looks good right now.

My main concern is that the natural is too open (hmm... same problem as Bel'Shir beach). I realize that you can wall off from the ramp-natCC, but it really won't work with two wide open chokes. I suggest raising the main and natural, and then trying a backdoor style similar to Peaks of Beakdu from Brood War. It would use rocks instead of minerals though- something like this.

I guess the only issue doing this is that there will no longer be an overlord scouting pod in the main. You can add one behind the natural to scout expansions, but scouting the main is pretty difficult. You might move both gas to the same side (near the lowground 3rd) so that overlords can scout the gas and determine the build.

I also drew in a couple high ground pieces to choke off the open areas. Right now it seems very difficult for a smaller army to defend without being surrounded. Adding a pillar or trees would allow forcefields and tanks to control the space easier. I'm not sure exactly where to put them, but I think they would be a good balance addition.



How is this?

[image loading]
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
Gl!tch
Profile Joined December 2010
United States573 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-01 07:21:29
August 01 2011 07:18 GMT
#12
Hmmm, that is a good point with the Xel'naga tower. It covers both main attack paths. While a map should have key points to control, i think that may be to much.

Perhaps removing that tower, and using two. One at the farthest right expansion and one at the farthest left, so that they watch over one attack path each.

What to do with the center then is the weird spot, perhaps a large crater with water, similar to xel'naga caverns.


K now it seems like im trying to emulate xel'naga caverns... lol.


edit: just noticed the above post with the revised natural. I like it, definetly favores a quicker expansion.

second edit: looked again and noticed the bit of beach south of the natural, can tanks get onto that?
“I mean, they say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.” ― Banksy
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
August 01 2011 07:23 GMT
#13
I'm all for changes when it comes to the natural. The natural on this map scared me when I finished it. I thought about adding rocks to the 3rd ramp (like scars of aiur) but that was too weird and generic again. I personally like monitor's suggestion, and may end up using the main/nat setup he introduced. I've been wanting to change it anyways. It hasn't been tested yet so I got nothing to lose.
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
August 01 2011 07:27 GMT
#14
On August 01 2011 16:18 Gl!tch wrote:

second edit: looked again and noticed the bit of beach south of the natural, can tanks get onto that?


Previously yes (when the nat was on low ground). Now that the natural is on high ground, pathing will be re-done.
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
August 01 2011 15:37 GMT
#15
On August 01 2011 16:14 IronManSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 09:47 monitor wrote:
Nicely done! The aesthetics seem pretty ripped off from Bel'Shir Beach, but I'm not against that :p Looks really cool. I like how you added in the yellow grass to some areas. Some more trees might be nice just for more of a lush feel, but it looks good right now.

My main concern is that the natural is too open (hmm... same problem as Bel'Shir beach). I realize that you can wall off from the ramp-natCC, but it really won't work with two wide open chokes. I suggest raising the main and natural, and then trying a backdoor style similar to Peaks of Beakdu from Brood War. It would use rocks instead of minerals though- something like this.

I guess the only issue doing this is that there will no longer be an overlord scouting pod in the main. You can add one behind the natural to scout expansions, but scouting the main is pretty difficult. You might move both gas to the same side (near the lowground 3rd) so that overlords can scout the gas and determine the build.

I also drew in a couple high ground pieces to choke off the open areas. Right now it seems very difficult for a smaller army to defend without being surrounded. Adding a pillar or trees would allow forcefields and tanks to control the space easier. I'm not sure exactly where to put them, but I think they would be a good balance addition.



How is this?

[image loading]


That looks good to me! I like it. You might add an overlord scouting area behind the natural, in addition to the one in front.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
lefix
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1082 Posts
August 01 2011 16:27 GMT
#16
i don't like overlord spots behind the natural uch as you can also hide banshees on it without cloak.
Map of the Month | The Planetary Workshop | SC2Melee.net
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-01 21:49:09
August 01 2011 21:46 GMT
#17
Version 0.2 Released! All screenshots are updated in the OP with new visuals!

0.2 Changes:

1) The main and natural were lifted onto high ground, presenting a different layout with more options to FE, proxy, and wall-off.

2) LOS was added to the low-ground bases by the mains to make them relatively more safer and more hidden.

3) The XWT in the center is now destructible (subject to change upon testing)

4) Small tree/los pods were added in the open areas around the center to reduce the openness and now create chokes.

5) There are now rocks to the back-door at the 3rd bases.

6) Pathing re-done

7) Birds, sunrays, water fixed

8) Player properties fixed

9) Textures polished in various places

10) The map border at the top was extended (subject to further changes upon testing)


Enjoy!
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
August 01 2011 21:50 GMT
#18
At 10 > does this mean there's more are space at top? If so > imbalanced!
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
lefix
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1082 Posts
August 01 2011 21:52 GMT
#19
nah, he was talking about the black borders
Map of the Month | The Planetary Workshop | SC2Melee.net
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
August 01 2011 21:53 GMT
#20
I extended the black borders, but the playable border remains the same.
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 693
ComeBackTV 383
SteadfastSC375
Rex127
CosmosSc2 51
EnkiAlexander 46
LiquipediaDiscussion
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 375
ProTech135
Rex 127
CosmosSc2 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 58042
Jaedong 1536
Hyuk 761
Soma 706
EffOrt 630
Horang2 513
BeSt 504
Mini 496
Soulkey 439
Larva 345
[ Show more ]
ZerO 300
Rush 296
Last 285
Stork 249
Snow 218
Light 157
ggaemo 144
Killer 72
hero 69
Mind 62
Pusan 59
sorry 53
Free 50
Shinee 35
Sharp 34
ToSsGirL 23
Terrorterran 21
Shine 20
Bale 20
HiyA 18
Trap 16
yabsab 15
Noble 9
Rock 9
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7729
qojqva1077
Dendi859
Counter-Strike
Fnx 654
markeloff138
x6flipin133
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2190
Khaldor1894
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2645
singsing2134
olofmeister1115
B2W.Neo956
hiko872
byalli384
Pyrionflax192
Liquid`VortiX191
KnowMe115
QueenE78
Mew2King61
ZerO(Twitch)16
Railgan13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream106
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH305
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1772
League of Legends
• Nemesis1936
• Jankos1281
• TFBlade746
Other Games
• Shiphtur262
• WagamamaTV215
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
19h 19m
OSC
22h 19m
Stellar Fest
22h 19m
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 22h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.