• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:40
CEST 01:40
KST 08:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8072 users

iloveOOv interview after OGN finals

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
uhjoo
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)1740 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-11-20 00:38:43
November 20 2004 00:33 GMT
#1
(Note- Yo-hwan = Boxer's name, "hyung" = Korean term for "older brother")

Q: Express how you feel on winning.

A: I don't feel very good. It was to the point where I almost wanted to lose the final. I don't have a feeling as if I won. After each game finished, all I thought about was what Yo-hwan hyung would do the next game, and how I would counter it. Only subconsciously did I think to myself that I didn't want to lose. I feel sad and bittersweet.

Q: You kept the promise that you made to your fans when Ever Starleague started.

A: I don't want to make promises from now on. If I can't keep the promise, I am criticized, and even if I can keep the promise I'm back to the same original situation. I don't want to make promises because of pressure from someone else. If it is a promise that comes from my own heart then I will make it. I don't want to make promises to match the atmosphere around me.

Q: You've conquered all the major leagues.

A: If I had beat someone other than Yo-hwan hyung, I think I would have been much happier. To be honest, even Ever Starleague is forgotten after time passes. There's no use to success in the past, and it's always been this way. So what I'm saying is that although I've won all the major leagues it will eventually become a forgotten past. The only choice is to keep moving forward, instead of dwelling on how well you did in the past.

Q: What do you think is the reason you were able to win?

A: The reason I was able to win is that I played at a subconscious level. I didn't play as I had prepared. I gave myself to the flow of the game.


Q: What was going through your mind watching Yo-hwan crying?

A: I thought to myself that it would have been good if Yo-hwan hyung won. If I had to guess what he was thinking, I would guess it was anger at himself. I would think it was disappointment in himself.

Q: How did you feel in game 4 when you were rushed early?

A: It's the first time I saw a strat like that. Because I was flustered, I was just trying to block it as fast as possible and I made alot of mistakes. It would have been better if I went up on the ledge to defend it but I wasn't able to do that. It's really important not to get flustered.

Q: You family was here to cheer you on.

A: They cheered me while believing in me. I'm so thankful. Also I'm particularly thankful to Koh, In-gyu (Canata). Even though he is in the semifinals of the "King of Rookies," he gave up on his own league, and practiced with me for 12 hours a day for 3 days, taking breaks only to eat. I'm so thankful. It's something I felt while practicing with him but this is a player that is really going to get big. (Canata) is a player who practiced with me for the Cengame finals and joined our team. I think he will be the next one to bear the flag for SK Telecom's terran tradition.


Q: If you can analyse today's games?

A: Today I utterly lost to Yo-hwan hyung when it comes to builds(note: suggesting losing the early game). I think I came out ahead in my execution and gameplay in the mid-late game.

Q: Do you have something you want to say to Yo-hwan?

A: I really hope that now Yo-hwan hyung will never hear from someone else that he is weak. I wish that Yo-hwan hyung will win all of his future tournaments the same way he stepped past so many good players on his road to this Ever Starleague final. I'm sure he was so determined because he hasn't had a win recently... I'm so sad. From now on, although I want to game again with Yo-hwan hyung, I don't want to meet him in this kind of situation ever again.


Q: Your next goal?

A: To win round 3 of the Proleague. I'm so thankful to my fans who came all the way to Taejon (city where finals was located) to cheer for me. I have no words other than thank you.
i want bubbles the warrior monkey back
WickeD
Profile Joined April 2003
Slovakia789 Posts
November 20 2004 00:38 GMT
#2
I don't envy his situation... I never liked Iloveoov, but he is a great player and probably a nice guy. He stepped up a notch or to in my mind...
Broodwar: Few days to learn, lifetime to Master
Elvin_vn
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Vietnam2038 Posts
November 20 2004 00:54 GMT
#3
uhjoo = thx
do not agrue with idiots, they will pull you down to their level and beat you with their experiences
Ready2[ESC]
Profile Joined October 2002
Hungary1436 Posts
November 20 2004 00:55 GMT
#4
thx for the interview!
--- Nuked ---
mrdx
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Vietnam1555 Posts
November 20 2004 00:57 GMT
#5
Oov is nice. He deserved the given title "Boxer's student"
BoxerForever.com - the one and only international Boxer fansite since 2006 :)
PanoRaMa
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States5070 Posts
November 20 2004 00:57 GMT
#6
Poor boxer TT Oov really gives him a lot of respect..
uhjoo
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)1740 Posts
November 20 2004 00:58 GMT
#7
On November 20 2004 09:57 mrdx wrote:
Oov is nice. He deserved the given title "Boxer's student"


it also seems like he's passing on the torch to canata. that's some serious pressure my god.
i want bubbles the warrior monkey back
yOOysi
Profile Joined December 2002
Poland726 Posts
November 20 2004 01:01 GMT
#8
It is sad that Boxer lose.

Big thx for translation uhjoo. And i have a question to U:
How old are Boxer,oov and Canata ??
Lee Yun Yeol Fighting~!! // Since December 2002 with TL.net
Theory
Profile Joined October 2003
United States254 Posts
November 20 2004 01:02 GMT
#9
Nice interview - thanks yo!

Seems the two have a ton of respect for each which is cool. These leagues/tourney's obviously mean alot to these players. Look at Yellow after losing - sheesh. I'm sure that Oov will be around for awhile but I don't see boxer stepping aside yet either ;o
www.teamlast.net - The Last. Team // AKA. Last.Dragon
cav
Profile Joined August 2004
Pitcairn514 Posts
November 20 2004 01:05 GMT
#10
"It was to the point where I almost wanted to lose the final."

?????? I know he wants Boxer to win (if he was playing someone else), but does this mean you think he didn't play his hardest?
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
November 20 2004 01:23 GMT
#11
At least he shows respect for Boxer. Now I don't feel as angry as before.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
PoP
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
France15446 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-11-20 01:28:50
November 20 2004 01:23 GMT
#12
Thanks uhjoo, you rock as usual. Would be nice to read Boxer's reaction as well. I guess he didn't (couldn't) answer to any post-game interview, so maybe tomorrow or in a few days.

Anyway, Oov sounds more and more like a very nice guy to me, in addition to being the best in the world, hands down. He has a true winner spirit and he's definitely on his way to become one of the best SC players ever. His tournament record is already ridiculously awesome... seriously...
Administrator
analogkensho
Profile Joined June 2003
United States358 Posts
November 20 2004 01:28 GMT
#13
Thanks for translation, uhjoo!

This is just super classy by Oov. Some very smart comments too... congrats to him. +_+

Such a hard situation to be in though... wow.
1024MB
Profile Joined May 2004
United States1455 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-11-20 01:34:22
November 20 2004 01:34 GMT
#14
Thanks uhjoo!!!

And maybe now those fools who were bashing iloveoov before will see this and realize.

Oh and btw:

how to become a progamer:

he gave up on his own league, and practiced with me for 12 hours a day for 3 days, taking breaks only to eat.


:D
You learn from losing.
rOm
Profile Joined December 2002
Latvia1208 Posts
November 20 2004 01:53 GMT
#15
Don't think that canata sacrificed something, in fact, he gained even more, practicing with the mighty oov himself, 12 hours a day...
My RSX owns yours.
VanDam
Profile Joined July 2004
Czech Republic4 Posts
November 20 2004 01:56 GMT
#16
i dont like Oov but whatever i wish he lose proleague
Skill,no drill
WickeD
Profile Joined April 2003
Slovakia789 Posts
November 20 2004 01:59 GMT
#17
NO, I think SKT1 deserve to win the proleague....
Broodwar: Few days to learn, lifetime to Master
willyisback
Profile Joined May 2004
Vietnam147 Posts
November 20 2004 02:02 GMT
#18
great work uhjoo, I love reading this kind of stuff
Seems to me oov cared more about boxer winning than himself. Well, maybe not with 12 hour practice days -_-;;
|s|t|a|r|c|r|af|t| |m|y| |a|n|t|i|d|r|u|g|
1024MB
Profile Joined May 2004
United States1455 Posts
November 20 2004 02:11 GMT
#19
On November 20 2004 11:02 willyisback wrote:
great work uhjoo, I love reading this kind of stuff
Seems to me oov cared more about boxer winning than himself. Well, maybe not with 12 hour practice days -_-;;


They need to practice regardless. He said he didn't even use his practice anyway (subconscious playing). He still won. Just shows 1:

He's good.

2: he has manners

Him are BoxeR are both equally cool. ^^
You learn from losing.
taDa
Profile Joined October 2004
575 Posts
November 20 2004 02:30 GMT
#20
BoxeR was the one who brought him into the team. BoxeR was one of the only people to believe in oov. BoxeR taught oov almost everything he knows. Very bittersweet.
GG
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings59
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O140
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 108
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 877
ZZZero.O 140
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm165
League of Legends
Doublelift5307
JimRising 774
Other Games
summit1g9572
FrodaN3260
KnowMe197
C9.Mang0184
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP57
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie905
• Shiphtur203
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 20m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
11h 20m
Monday Night Weeklies
16h 20m
Replay Cast
23h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 11h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.