• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:18
CEST 00:18
KST 07:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7516 users

Making a video game

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 01:25:24
January 31 2011 05:26 GMT
#1
I'm currently in the process of making a video game. I have 7 programmers and 3 artists. This game will be finished in may. I'm currently a game developer student at Full Sail university.

Please support us by adding our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocket-Hawk-Games/134242533305774

Studio: Black Box
Team: Rocket Hawk
Game: Fender Bender
[image loading]




Our current name is fender bender, but we are currently looking for a new title.

Here is some info on our game...

[image loading]



The game is a vehicular combat game that blends Twisted Metal with Mario cart. The idea is to take the cartoon aspect and battle arenas of Mario Cart and use the combat style of Twisted Metal to shape our own unique game. Below is a picture of our characters and the game style we will be going for.

Art Style
[image loading]

Level Concept
[image loading]

Level Concept
[image loading]

Demo HUD:
[image loading]

There are twos things I'm hoping to get from this thread:
1. Please support us by adding our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocket-Hawk-Games/134242533305774

2. If you have any constructive feedback for our game or a new title for our game I would really welcome it.


Our Facebook page will be updated often in the next few months and I will update here too when game play has become available. Adding our Facebook page will help our popularity toward future employers looking to hire and it will really help all of us get jobs! Thanks for your support TL!


ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-31 05:30:22
January 31 2011 05:29 GMT
#2
Please put in a lot of different weapons that ACT DIFFERENTLY.

also a functional handbrake that allows people to spin/turn very quickly if used well.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
gogogadgetflow
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2583 Posts
January 31 2011 05:29 GMT
#3
You might want to look into getting a sponsored thread.

Looks cool I'll check out your facebook page. Good Luck.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
January 31 2011 05:32 GMT
#4
On January 31 2011 14:29 sob3k wrote:
Please put in a lot of different weapons that ACT DIFFERENTLY.

also a functional handbrake that allows people to spin/turn very quickly if used well.


We do have a working hand break in our design and weapon pick-ups are a huge part of gameplay
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
OverZero
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States271 Posts
January 31 2011 06:15 GMT
#5
Looks pretty damn cool!!! :D Good Luck with the rest!!!
PLAGUUUUUUU <My Stream: twitch.tv/paullolol > Check it out some time!!!
compscidude
Profile Joined December 2010
176 Posts
January 31 2011 06:16 GMT
#6
can i be a part of your team?
im a compscidude
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
January 31 2011 06:18 GMT
#7
This looks pretty cool. How does the gameplay work? Is it a combat style, or a race? How are they mixed together exactly?
you gotta dance
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 31 2011 06:19 GMT
#8
Not a fan of the art, but the gameplay reminds me of Twisted Metal!
Nice job, huge fan of these types of games!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
-fj.
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Samoa462 Posts
January 31 2011 06:19 GMT
#9
What engine are you using? Actually, I don't give a shit, because all I want is to tell you to use unity.

Good luck!! I like how they made you make a color palette. Thats really smart. Your game is going to rule. 7 programmers? wow. I guess it takes that many people when they teach you test driven development things and use probably some shitty tools

I'm a tool

I'm a shitty tool

bye

User was temp banned for this post.
LunarC
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1186 Posts
January 31 2011 06:25 GMT
#10
On January 31 2011 15:19 -fj. wrote:
What engine are you using? Actually, I don't give a shit, because all I want is to tell you to use unity.

Good luck!! I like how they made you make a color palette. Thats really smart. Your game is going to rule. 7 programmers? wow. I guess it takes that many people when they teach you test driven development things and use probably some shitty tools

I'm a tool

I'm a shitty tool

bye

._.
wat

Good luck to the op.
REEBUH!!!
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 31 2011 06:26 GMT
#11
On January 31 2011 15:25 LunarC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2011 15:19 -fj. wrote:
What engine are you using? Actually, I don't give a shit, because all I want is to tell you to use unity.

Good luck!! I like how they made you make a color palette. Thats really smart. Your game is going to rule. 7 programmers? wow. I guess it takes that many people when they teach you test driven development things and use probably some shitty tools

I'm a tool

I'm a shitty tool

bye

._.
wat

Good luck to the op.


Glad I'm not alone. I'm hesitant on reporting it, but I think a mod will spot it soon :3
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Hakairyu
Profile Joined October 2010
Singapore53 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-31 06:36:33
January 31 2011 06:35 GMT
#12
Ahaha, "Fender Bender"? Funny that you named your game that, seeing how I actually had a little project that I codenamed "Fender Bender" as well. Same basic concept too - using Twisted Metal as an inspiration to create gameplay. My game kind of sucked, but meh, didn't put a lot of time into it.

I don't really have any comments as of the moment since it still looks to be in (pre?)alpha status. The HUD seems to be very sketchy. Hope you polish the design as you go along.

You seem to have way too many programmers though - so you'll probably want to add other game modes if possible, since there's no way you'll need that many programmers for just a single mode, without them interfering with each other too much.
malady
Profile Joined November 2010
United States600 Posts
January 31 2011 07:22 GMT
#13
you go to fullsail nice i attend UCF

you have a very interesting start to the game
but def. do not call it fender bender
dumchu
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-31 14:56:45
January 31 2011 14:52 GMT
#14
On January 31 2011 15:18 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
This looks pretty cool. How does the gameplay work? Is it a combat style, or a race? How are they mixed together exactly?


The game play right now is currently drive and shoot. Pickups will be added to your weapon system. You can then scroll through the weapons available and deploy them. This is purely a combat game in vehicles. But we do plan on having capture the flag mode and other types of game modes that modern fps games use.


On January 31 2011 15:19 -fj. wrote:
What engine are you using? ...because all I want is to tell you to use unity.



We actually do everything in Visual Studio using C++, Lua, DirectX, and Wwise. This game is starting from scratch so seven programmers is not much for a full game in 5 months.

On January 31 2011 15:35 Hakairyu wrote:
Ahaha, "Fender Bender"? Funny that you named your game that, seeing how I actually had a little project that I codenamed "Fender Bender" as well. Same basic concept too - using Twisted Metal as an inspiration to create gameplay. My game kind of sucked, but meh, didn't put a lot of time into it.

I don't really have any comments as of the moment since it still looks to be in (pre?)alpha status. The HUD seems to be very sketchy. Hope you polish the design as you go along.

You seem to have way too many programmers though - so you'll probably want to add other game modes if possible, since there's no way you'll need that many programmers for just a single mode, without them interfering with each other too much.


There will be multiple game modes and it will be multiplayer. We are currently in pre-alpha. Our art is not finished version because we will have 3D models implemented for everything.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
trackd00r
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Chile284 Posts
January 31 2011 18:17 GMT
#15
Nice work

It's a nice concept for a game. I see this kind of games working really good @ multi player. I'll probably try it
''They put signs, but I can't read''
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8178 Posts
January 31 2011 18:37 GMT
#16
I dont mean to sound rude at all but I cant help but feel this question sorta sounds rude, but what makes the game unique and different from twisted metal or other car combat games at all? aside from the art style I guess.
Free Palestine
KevinIX
Profile Joined October 2009
United States2472 Posts
January 31 2011 18:42 GMT
#17
I'm digging the art style.
Liquid FIGHTING!!!
CrimsonLotus
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Colombia1123 Posts
January 31 2011 18:49 GMT
#18
Reminds me of Vigilante 8 and i have to say that's a good thing, this type of game can be really fun if you manage to pull it off.
444 444 444 444
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
January 31 2011 19:33 GMT
#19
On February 01 2011 03:37 Ideas wrote:
I dont mean to sound rude at all but I cant help but feel this question sorta sounds rude, but what makes the game unique and different from twisted metal or other car combat games at all? aside from the art style I guess.


Our game is very similar to twisted metal. The parts of our game that is unique would be the unique power ups that we have designed and the range of game modes that we will be implementing. For example, we are implementing a melee ranged wrecking ball that will swing around the roof off the car bashing all cars in range into walls

Here's a pick of some of our pickups in concept stage, sorry it doesn't show much more currently. our artists are very busy!

&#91;image loading&#93;
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Nemesis
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2568 Posts
January 31 2011 19:42 GMT
#20
It looks pretty nice so far...I rather liked twisted metal so it will be interesting how this progresses.

I'm just hoping that you have a pretty cool story to go along with it too.

Will there be multiplayer?
Lee Young Ho fighting! KT P are just CHINTOSSTIC.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 120
JuggernautJason86
ViBE53
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 572
Artosis 214
firebathero 77
Zeus 66
910 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever488
League of Legends
JimRising 464
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS107
PPMD45
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5720
Liquid`Hasu1476
Other Games
summit1g7246
shahzam547
byalli398
C9.Mang0194
Trikslyr43
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV250
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 94
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki37
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 42m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 42m
Stellar Fest
14h 42m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.