• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:03
CEST 20:03
KST 03:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8832 users

[Updated]TL Chess - The Comeback

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-15 01:56:29
November 21 2010 04:24 GMT
#1
Please check the second post.

DATE ANNOUNCED

Start:
Saturday, Dec 18 6:00am GMT (GMT+00:00)
Saturday, Dec 18 6:00am GMT (GMT+00:00)
(both times are AM)

Length:
24 hours straight

Planned Content

Guests

GM Alejandro "LittlePeasant" Ramirez
WIM Ekaterina "Revenger" Ubiennykh
and of course
Gretorp

Opening Discussion

- Kings Indian,
- Sicilian after 2. Bc4
- Caro-Kann (Advanced or otherwise)
- Bird

These are the public-requested, but also coming up.

- Two Knights Game (as an integral part of my rant on why engines suck)
- King's Gambit

Game Analysis

- Live game analysis with GM Alejandro Ramirez
- Game analysis of your sent in games
- Analysis of random games from titled players (mostly blitz) I gathered from ICC. To show where my thoughts differ from most, what I think when I see a position and how even titled players can fall victim to not so complicated things.
- As some kind of rest random watching and ranting on actual then live GM/IM blitz games.

Community Event

- TL Simultan
and
- TL Consultation game vs me
- Someone suggested this and it could be fun. There is a piece set on ICC that makes the pieces disappear as if you were playing blind chess. I will try playing so in a few longer time control games (maybe 15-minute or longer) and see how it goes. Of course it's different from blind chess since the other player sees the pieces just right.

Game Psychology

- How, what and why does it win?

Preparation and Planning

- How I prepare when I sometimes take chess more seriously.
- How would I prepare for a tournament.
- Why does it change according to the style, the format, or the time.
- Some short ideas about how to build up your opening choices.
- How do some openings transfer into midgame and later endgame and why is it good or bad? How does it relate to planning ahead?

and so on

Random Chilling

- I will sing. You've been warned.
- There will be times when I will just lay back and take a break, maybe eat a bite or something. During those times it could be cool if you bombarded me with casual questions or whatever. I could play a quick game of SC II or something other than chess - but nothing that would take too long.
- If some of my friends decide to come over and make guest appearances we will probably banter and chill some.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-16 15:35:54
November 21 2010 04:24 GMT
#2
Please check if you are listed and PM me if you're not but want to participate.

List of names for the simul:

CynanMachae
hype[NZ]
catamorphist
Mothra
sjh
Soda
Kaal
LampZerg
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-15 04:15:37
November 21 2010 04:24 GMT
#3
Poll: Am I awesome or what?

Yes. (214)
 
52%

Yes. (198)
 
48%

412 total votes

Your vote: Am I awesome or what?

(Vote): Yes.
(Vote): Yes.

Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
November 21 2010 05:39 GMT
#4
Really excited for this. I'll be watching in between exams. I'll also try and get some games in myself and ask for your advice.
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
November 21 2010 05:47 GMT
#5
Shit I sort of lost interest in chess and picked up go. Then I lost interest in go. Then I lost interest in StarCraft. Then I lost interest in being fat =). Now I got interested in StarCraft again. Now I want to get interested in go and chess again but no time. =/
Do your best, God will do the rest.
durza
Profile Joined August 2009
United States667 Posts
November 21 2010 05:57 GMT
#6
Really looking forward to this, always fun to watch top level chess.
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-21 06:01:34
November 21 2010 06:01 GMT
#7
yay, Ng5 returns!!

I'm excited for this.

edit: my last exam is the 17th
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
RaGe
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Belgium9950 Posts
November 21 2010 12:50 GMT
#8
This is gonna be awesome.
Moderatorsometimes I get intimidated by the size of my right testicle
palookieblue
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia326 Posts
November 21 2010 12:55 GMT
#9
Looking forward to this. :3
oyoyo
AcTiVillain
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia81 Posts
November 21 2010 12:58 GMT
#10
Show us what cheese looks like in chess!
LittLeD
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden7973 Posts
November 21 2010 13:04 GMT
#11
Approve of the idea for top level chess!
☆Grubby ☆| Tod|DeMusliM|ThorZaiN|SaSe|Moon|Mana| ☆HerO ☆
nakam
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden245 Posts
November 21 2010 13:40 GMT
#12
Very interesting!

What I'd like to learn more about is the endgame. Even though it's probably the part I've studied the most I still find it to be the most interesting part of the game. I find the rook endgames to be the hardest so that's what I'd like to see more of.
TL Local Timezone Script - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=277156
lightrise
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1355 Posts
November 21 2010 13:40 GMT
#13
there you are. you have been gone for a long time dude. glad to see you back around. miss watching chess live streams and beating IM's and calling them out for being that bad
Awesome german interviewer: "What was your idea going into games against Idra" "I WANTED TO USE A CHEESE STRATEGY BECAUSE IDRA IS KNOWN TO TILT AFTER LOSING TO SOMETHING GAY" Demuslim
FenneK
Profile Joined November 2010
France1231 Posts
November 21 2010 14:18 GMT
#14
Love to watch some chess, sounds awesome.
good luck have batman
Dieoxhide
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark53 Posts
November 21 2010 15:10 GMT
#15
Yes, yes. This is awesome. I'd love to watch you stream.

I would really like to hear about openers and the theories behind them. Plus, if you could relate to some good ol' chess history, maybe some classic games, then that would be double-awesome. By the way, do you think you could get featured on TL just for that show? Chess demands a big audience.
'Ex nihilo nihil fit'
uNiGNoRe
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Germany1115 Posts
November 21 2010 15:19 GMT
#16
On November 21 2010 14:47 jkillashark wrote:
Shit I sort of lost interest in chess and picked up go. Then I lost interest in go. Then I lost interest in StarCraft. Then I lost interest in being fat =). Now I got interested in StarCraft again. Now I want to get interested in go and chess again but no time. =/

Just be careful you wont be interested in being fat anymore.
Yngvis
Profile Joined September 2009
Norway26 Posts
November 21 2010 15:23 GMT
#17
Awesome, I'll definetly check it out when I got time! I saw the option for streaming chess amongst other games and I was like "huh, never seen a chess stream before". Cool initiative
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
November 21 2010 15:36 GMT
#18
8-12 hours of ng5 chess. wat
this is epic, I'll definitely be watching.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
g.Krow
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada41 Posts
November 21 2010 15:39 GMT
#19
What's the stream link?
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
November 21 2010 15:41 GMT
#20
SCORE! Love Ng5 :D
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 247
BRAT_OK 87
JuggernautJason1
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 968
Shuttle 663
Horang2 228
firebathero 104
Zeus 77
Hyun 52
soO 44
ToSsGirL 38
Rock 22
scan(afreeca) 16
[ Show more ]
Bishop 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
qojqva2242
420jenkins533
Counter-Strike
fl0m5116
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu502
Other Games
Grubby2946
FrodaN722
KnowMe231
Livibee169
QueenE64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick541
StarCraft 2
angryscii 32
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 55
• printf 50
• Adnapsc2 29
• Hinosc 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach91
• FirePhoenix22
• 80smullet 13
• Michael_bg 6
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1870
Other Games
• Shiphtur683
• imaqtpie438
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 57m
Patches Events
20h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
OSC
1d 4h
OSC
1d 17h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.