• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:22
CEST 21:22
KST 04:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10027 users

[Updated]TL Chess - The Comeback - Page 7

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-15 03:45:46
December 15 2010 03:04 GMT
#121
emperorchampion wrote:
Is there a timeline, so we know when certain things will be happening, or is it just gonna be whatever you feel like?


Tomorrow evening I will send a PM out to all the signed up players for the simul to do it when everyone is available.

Other than that I plan to start it up with some random talk. Maybe some game analysis mixed in with playing chess or talking about a particular opening. Later when GSL is over and more people tune in I will cover more analysis on games and more popular openings. Maybe I will even play more.

Later in the afternoon as I'll be getting more tired and it will be the best for everyone (afternoon in NA, evening/night in EU) I would switch to more theory. Talk about psychology, how to prepare for games, how to work out your openings. Why talent is still bigger than engines.

I will probably also freestyle because I just can't prepare a full 24 hours in advance and my schedule is very tight up till Friday actually. This can mean anything - from digging up my old pgns for interesting games and position (I have hundreds of those) to just randomly watching better players and give insight on actual running games real time.

I really want to do this later thing. Commenting on actual games or digging up pgns. I want to show you real time where my thinking is different from most people. Where I don't waste time or where I do, because I think it would be interesting for you on one hand, and on the other hand you would probably like to hear it.

So yes I have vague plans, but nothing is written 100% in stone. If you can only watch for a few hours and you really want to see something you can just PM mer or write here and I'll try to cover those parts when you are around. If it doesn't happen I will just mess with loading it all up as vods later.

PS: One thing about VODs though. It might or might not happen within the next three weeks due to me going home to my family. But I will definitely try doing it ASAP and you won't be missing anything in the long run.

Edit: I'll try to add an approximated timetable, but I really can't promise it will happen before the event starts. What I know for sure is LittlePeasant will have a tourney that day, so he'll probably only be on in the evening NA time. While Ekaterina is in Siberia and she'll probably only be on during the first few hours of my stream and then possibly later at night.

Edit 2: While I can't promise to make bigger updates and timetable, but I will be around the PC more for the next couple of days, so I'll be able to give quick replies spattered around the day. I'll probably spam my own thread just to keep it up in the list.
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
December 15 2010 04:29 GMT
#122
Ok sweet, so basically I'm gonna be pulling an all-nighter watching GSL then chess all day
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Versita
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada1032 Posts
December 15 2010 04:33 GMT
#123
cool, i'll watch the stream after getting home on saturday
darthcaesar
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States475 Posts
December 15 2010 04:43 GMT
#124
Will ther be a VOD? I'm goign to be on the move that day T_T
He is wisest who knows he does not know. | (┛OДO)┛彡┻━┻
EPO
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada341 Posts
December 15 2010 05:32 GMT
#125
will check this out for sure.
Rikk
Profile Joined April 2010
Bahrain31 Posts
December 15 2010 07:17 GMT
#126
It would be nice to dedicate some time to teaching stuff that are categorized as "beyond the basics". Helping people like me who just started taking an interest in chess, but have no idea where to start to improve =/
"That's Halo, don't worry" -HuK
Cralis
Profile Joined November 2010
4 Posts
December 15 2010 17:41 GMT
#127
Totally awesome, will definately check this out. The GM showing up is pretty cool .
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
December 15 2010 19:07 GMT
#128
darthcaesar wrote:
Will ther be a VOD? I'm goign to be on the move that day T_T


That's what I was saying around the end of my last message. I'm flying home barely thirty hours after the stream ends, so the VOD section might only come in mid-January. But if I can find the time between family and studies I will get it done from home.
The reason for the delay has another reason. I want to do some good editing if I can. Maybe I won't from the get go only later, but I want to cut it into little parts so if you only want to re-watch a certain half hour or certain event you could. It should be a lot of work and I really can't promise to get it done like ever... But I hope I will be able to.


Rikk wrote:
It would be nice to dedicate some time to teaching stuff that are categorized as "beyond the basics". Helping people like me who just started taking an interest in chess, but have no idea where to start to improve =/


My ideas about teaching might differ in basic points from what most others would tell you - I'll talk about it more on stream - but I can really only tell you to play and play while you enjoy the game. That will do you the best. Also watch out that you never do it as a burden. It will do you no good at all.

Other than that you might not feel while listening to me, but every small thing I - or anyone else - tells you is important and is improving you. I also am positive that I can make my explanations enjoy- and understandable for players with less knowledge. Sometimes you don't remember it or you can't recall it an hour later, but it stays there in your memory - well hidden of course.

So basically my advice is - come and try to enjoy the stream. And don't ever be afraid to ask questions. I love to answer questions and I'll be there for 24 hours.
Penke
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden346 Posts
December 15 2010 19:12 GMT
#129
I will definitely watch this, have to fit it in around the GSL finals though. :D

Why does it say december 18 two times in the OP? :S
Titusmaster6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5937 Posts
December 16 2010 00:13 GMT
#130
So bummed I cant watch this Hopefully more of these will come in the future. gl hf!
Shorts down shorts up, BOOM, just like that.
Salivanth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia1071 Posts
December 16 2010 00:17 GMT
#131
Okay, according to my local time, the stream begins on Saturday Dec 18 at 5 pm, but December 18th is a Sunday. Can anyone tell me how many days until this starts?
<@Wikt> so you are one of those nega-fans <@Wikt> that hates the company that makes a game and everything they stand for <@Wikt> but still plays the game <@Wikt> (like roughly 30% of blizzard's player base, maybe much more...)
DrSeRRoD
Profile Joined October 2010
United States490 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-16 00:47:40
December 16 2010 00:46 GMT
#132
On December 16 2010 09:17 Salivanth wrote:
Okay, according to my local time, the stream begins on Saturday Dec 18 at 5 pm, but December 18th is a Sunday. Can anyone tell me how many days until this starts?


December 18th is Saturday. The stream, according to the OP, starts at 1am EST this Saturday. I'd say it will start at 5pm on Sunday for you as you are 16 hours ahead.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
December 16 2010 01:49 GMT
#133
About all the dates. It has two date lines in the OP because I tried using the convert to local time function, but it was a little buggy for me, so I tried giving it in EST and CET both. It just happens to convert them both into your actual local time.

It will be Saturday - 18th is Saturday, I know I'm flying home on Monday the 20th.

It's 1 am EST and 7 am CET.

I'm thinking up what to cook up on Friday so I'll have it done on Saturday. Maybe some pancakes, but still wondering about the main meal.
Dr. Von Derful
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States363 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-16 19:35:17
December 16 2010 19:26 GMT
#134
I'm excited for this event, I even registered on TL for the occasion instead of just lurking and watching streams. Any chance I could see some review of the Sokolsky opening? Specifically 1. b4 c6. And since you're already doing a review of the Caro-Kann (Advanced) could we see 1. e4 c6 2. d4 d5 3. e5 c5 instead of Bf5?
Let it Raine
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1245 Posts
December 17 2010 02:15 GMT
#135
craziness

will tune in when i can
Grandmaster Zerg x14. Diamond 1 LoL. MLG 50, Halo 3. Raine.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
December 17 2010 06:02 GMT
#136
Okay so far it seems the simul is going to be after 4 pm EST. I still need to get feedback from half of the players. If it's not good for them that time I'll just give two smaller simuls, no problem.

I'm still wondering if I could manage a blind simul against this many people. Would probably a take a longer time control though.
MageSoren
Profile Joined April 2010
United States53 Posts
December 17 2010 06:05 GMT
#137
Ng5, can I play you in a regular blitz game or something sometime during that 24 hr timeline you have? Although I'm not that strong of a player....I just thought this was intriguing.
Hiya!
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
December 17 2010 06:11 GMT
#138
MageSoren wrote:
Ng5, can I play you in a regular blitz game or something sometime during that 24 hr timeline you have? Although I'm not that strong of a player....I just thought this was intriguing.


Sure. Just be on and ask on channel and it should be more than fine.

I think I will stick to LiveStream for this occasion since I don't have time to check out the other streams.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
December 17 2010 15:58 GMT
#139
One quick question.

Since this is basically free and volunteer - is it legal to just listen to my or YouTube's random music in the background?

Otherways. Get yourself ready.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
December 18 2010 01:10 GMT
#140
Okay guys. I need to sign off and get ready and maybe take a small nap.

Get yourself ready - and also: keep checking the OP when it starts because I might switch streams to own3d in the last minute, so I my channel might not be listed as featured for a few hours after start.

Stay tuned and hang on!
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O44
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 264
BRAT_OK 98
JuggernautJason90
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 901
Shuttle 568
Zeus 93
ZZZero.O 44
soO 43
Hyun 42
ToSsGirL 32
scan(afreeca) 26
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
qojqva2151
canceldota32
Counter-Strike
fl0m4751
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3742
Liquid`Hasu572
Other Games
FrodaN867
KnowMe426
420jenkins331
Livibee174
Pyrionflax161
ToD108
QueenE66
summit1g0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick723
StarCraft 2
angryscii 39
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 83
• 3DClanTV 52
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach103
• 80smullet 16
• blackmanpl 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 2290
Other Games
• imaqtpie816
• Shiphtur610
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 38m
Patches Events
19h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 38m
OSC
1d 3h
OSC
1d 16h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.