• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:22
CEST 21:22
KST 04:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10016 users

[Updated]TL Chess - The Comeback - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
DrSeRRoD
Profile Joined October 2010
United States490 Posts
November 22 2010 00:19 GMT
#41
I was probably 1400ish about 15+ years ago when I first played. I haven't gotten into it yet but am trying to so this came just at the right time.
Imagist
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Australia484 Posts
November 22 2010 00:46 GMT
#42
Looking forward to it!
I enjoy Starcraft when I'm not too busy being dynamic and attractive.
iliera
Profile Joined January 2010
Estonia78 Posts
November 22 2010 00:57 GMT
#43
ummmmm if i want to play against you, where would we play?
do i need to sign somewhere if i wanted to play against you?
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
November 22 2010 01:00 GMT
#44
ICC is where pretty much every real chess player plays chess online.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
November 22 2010 01:00 GMT
#45
chess.com is free if you're just an under 1700 scrub like me though.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Z3kk
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4099 Posts
November 22 2010 01:39 GMT
#46
My last exam is in january...I think. @_@

Will you yourself be playing?
Failure is not falling down over and over again. Failure is refusing to get back up.
noveyak
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States35 Posts
November 22 2010 01:44 GMT
#47
This looks really exciting, I was in to chess for a period of time and always enjoyed watching good games and analysis =)
mprs
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2933 Posts
November 22 2010 01:48 GMT
#48
I'd love to watch you play. I used to play a lot in highschool but now I have no time. I've always wanted to get back into it
We talkin about PRACTICE
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
November 22 2010 02:10 GMT
#49
I haven't played chess in awhile but I'd like to get in on the simultan. TL has gotten a lot bigger lately (in members)...will there be a cap? If not, maybe we can overwhelm you with pure numbers...
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
Colpan
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States196 Posts
November 22 2010 03:10 GMT
#50
from this other streamed chess post:
his icc profile is sarevok
i watched him before and he definitely is amazing and insightful and quite humorous
Subversion
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
South Africa3627 Posts
November 22 2010 03:23 GMT
#51
what is like the go-to chess program that everyone plays on?
iliera
Profile Joined January 2010
Estonia78 Posts
November 22 2010 03:55 GMT
#52
On November 22 2010 10:00 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
ICC is where pretty much every real chess player plays chess online.

don't you need to pay for icc?
i play on fics using babachess
~2000 in standrad ~1700 in blitz(i think)
Kaal
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Djibouti2570 Posts
November 22 2010 04:07 GMT
#53
On November 22 2010 09:19 O-ops wrote:

This dude beats Kamsky in blitz.


Seriously? Kamsky beats Anand in blitz. If you beat in Kamsky in blitz, I'd rather not play you in standard. I'm a 1900 rated USCF and 1800 rated FIDE player, but I'll definately 100% pass on getting embaressed.
Kazius
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Israel1456 Posts
November 22 2010 04:26 GMT
#54
I started to adopt the King's Indian Defense (usually play one of the Queen's Gambit lines as white), but I'm having trouble dealing with people forcing closed positions. I'd some help in keeping up a dynamic game once the dust settles after the first 15 moves or so.

Very excited about your endeavor.
Friendship is like peeing yourself. Anyone can see it, but only you get that warm feeling.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
November 22 2010 05:28 GMT
#55
Thanks to our glorious campus Wi-Fi I got cut off right as I was posting this.

Okay, let me put on my latest favourite song and get down to replying. It's a long post, so take heed. I also edited the original post.


jkillashark wrote:
... Now I want to get interested in go and chess again but no time. =/


I hear you there. It takes a lot of time. I barely play once every few weeks.


nakam wrote:
... What I'd like to learn more about is the endgame. ... I find the rook endgames to be the hardest so that's what I'd like to see more of.


Could definitely do that. And I could probably also suggest some resources for further research and self-improvement.


lightrise wrote:
... you have been gone for a long time dude. ...


Been busy days. Big changes. A lot happening. Mostly good and then some bad.


Dieoxhide wrote:
... do you think you could get featured on TL just for that show? Chess demands a big audience.


I've been featured for a while now, and I'm scoring over 300 hundred watchers since then - for which I am very grateful.
Getting featured came right before my move to the US though, so you probably couldn't have seen me more than twice like that.


varan wrote:
... I saw the option for streaming chess amongst other games and ...


I think that option started from me, actually. Then others joined in as well.



foomy wrote:
... Can you share some of your chess background? ...


I think I will leave that up for my stream.



Empyrean wrote:
... could you talk a bit about how to play positionally/prophylactically? ... Also closed positions...

... will the full stream be available on-demand for later viewing?


Can be.

I'll make sure it will be available through one media or the other.


Kuhfighter wrote:
... Maybe i'll send you the game i'll play next weekend ...


Do so. Even if you think it's bad or boring. Or just dig up another game.


Kaal wrote:
... Do you have a USCF or FIDE rating?


I'll save this rant for the stream, if you don't mind.

And sure for the game!



catamorphist wrote:
FYI, the usual English abbreviation for "simultaneous exhibition" is just "simul", not "simultan."


I never really used the English word(s). It's pronounced exactly as "simultan" in Hungarian (that's what we use for "simultaneous"), so I always used that.


O-ops wrote:
This dude beats Kamsky in blitz.


I got lucky. But I would love to elaborate on it during the stream. The game itself was quite bad, though.


iliera wrote:
... where would we play? ...
... don't you need to pay for icc? ...


Yes - ICC would be the place to go. Yes it is pay-to-play. On the other hand you can get a one week or so trial which could be perfect just for this event.


ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
chess.com is free if you're just an under 1700 scrub like me though.


Me commenting on any online place will probably need to be saved for the stream.


Z3kk wrote:
My last exam is in january...I think. @_@
Will you yourself be playing?


The exam poll is mostly for students in North America. We tend to finish the exams very early - in exchange for working more during the semester.

I will see if I can be playing, but I will definitely collect some of my games for analysis.



Zona wrote:
...will there be a cap? If not, maybe we can overwhelm you with pure numbers...


I don't plan there to be a cap. One thing to watch out for if there's going to be a lot of participants - it could take several hours.

I would love to do an online simul in the oldstyle way. Where we don't care about the clock I just move in each game lineary and you have to move when I got to your board again.

Har-Zvi doesn't deserve to be a record holder anyway.

Perfect score: 30-0, Indiana-Jones(GM)
Most points: 59.5-17.5, garompon(GM)



Kazius wrote:
I started to adopt the King's Indian Defense ... I'm having trouble dealing with people forcing closed positions.


That's the heart and soul of the KID! I would love to talk about that one. I already did so before. I took it up when I realized engines don't know shit about playing it right back in the days. They still aren't all that bright about it.
Epithet
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States840 Posts
November 22 2010 05:46 GMT
#56
On November 22 2010 09:19 O-ops wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2010 00:57 foomy wrote:
Hi :} I'm somewhat new to TL and don't know much about you or if you have done this before, etc. Can you share some of your chess background? I'm assuming you must be a great/advanced tournament caliber player if you're doing this, but I'd like to hear of your chess accomplishments.

I'd like to play you! I'm an intermediate casual player.


This dude beats Kamsky in blitz.

For real?
YellOw, Reach, & Nal_Ra Hwaiting!!
lac29
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1485 Posts
November 22 2010 07:23 GMT
#57
I'm def interested in watching this.
undyinglight
Profile Joined December 2008
United States611 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-22 10:19:03
November 22 2010 10:01 GMT
#58
Ng5 do you have Chessmaster: Grandmaster Edition? It is the latest version released in 2007. If you do have it can you play a game against it live?
Rise Up!
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
November 22 2010 10:08 GMT
#59
Sorry I haven't seen your stream, but just wondering, are you Ng5 on ICC? You're an IM, right? I think I've seen you play, maybe against curtains or something.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
One Page Memory
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Bulgaria2145 Posts
November 22 2010 10:14 GMT
#60
Hi Ng5, any chance for a few games 3/0 or similar on playchess.com platform?
I am floating inbetween 2100-2200 rating there.
Jin Youngsoo before game with Savior: But, I demanded myself (of composure) by saying: Same old, same old - only a Zerg, only a Zerg
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O44
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 264
BRAT_OK 98
JuggernautJason90
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 901
Shuttle 568
Zeus 93
ZZZero.O 44
soO 43
Hyun 42
ToSsGirL 32
scan(afreeca) 26
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
qojqva2151
canceldota32
Counter-Strike
fl0m4751
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3742
Liquid`Hasu572
Other Games
FrodaN867
KnowMe426
420jenkins331
Livibee174
Pyrionflax161
ToD108
QueenE66
summit1g0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick723
StarCraft 2
angryscii 39
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 83
• 3DClanTV 52
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach103
• 80smullet 16
• blackmanpl 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 2290
Other Games
• imaqtpie816
• Shiphtur610
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 38m
Patches Events
19h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 38m
OSC
1d 3h
OSC
1d 16h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.