• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:01
CEST 01:01
KST 08:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7833 users

[Updated]TL Chess - The Comeback - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
foomy
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4 Posts
November 21 2010 15:57 GMT
#21
Hi :} I'm somewhat new to TL and don't know much about you or if you have done this before, etc. Can you share some of your chess background? I'm assuming you must be a great/advanced tournament caliber player if you're doing this, but I'd like to hear of your chess accomplishments.

I'd like to play you! I'm an intermediate casual player.
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
November 21 2010 17:02 GMT
#22
Really cool. Will watch these topics for sure.

Ps. using <b> for those read headers would be good I think ;o
Glasse
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1237 Posts
November 21 2010 17:09 GMT
#23
On November 21 2010 13:24 Ng5 wrote:

PS II: Beware - my spoken English has gotten that much better, nerds.



oh man can't wait to hear that
Guerrilla705
Profile Joined November 2010
United States16 Posts
November 21 2010 17:56 GMT
#24
I remember when I used to play chess all the time, gosh its been a bit. Anyone else USCF rated? used to be a tad over 1800
"It has become almost a cliche to remark that nobody boasts of ignorance of literature, but it is socially acceptable to boast ignorance of science and proudly claim incompetence in mathematics." -Richard Dawkins
Hoosegow
Profile Joined August 2010
United States139 Posts
November 21 2010 18:06 GMT
#25
Oh man, I hope this is one a day that I can watch it. Sounds awesome :D
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
November 21 2010 18:11 GMT
#26
Request: could you talk a bit about how to play positionally/prophylactically? Like...Karpov or Petrosian? Also closed positions...

Also, will the full stream be available on-demand for later viewing?
Moderator
Kuhfighter
Profile Joined October 2010
7 Posts
November 21 2010 18:13 GMT
#27
OMG i am so looking forward to this event. Maybe i'll send you the game i'll play next weekend for analysis (if it's somewhat interesting).
tieya
Profile Joined September 2010
United States308 Posts
November 21 2010 18:26 GMT
#28
this is awesome, i just got into chess i'll def watch
Usurper
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Macedonia283 Posts
November 21 2010 19:40 GMT
#29
On November 22 2010 03:11 Empyrean wrote:
Request: could you talk a bit about how to play positionally/prophylactically? Like...Karpov or Petrosian? Also closed positions...

Also, will the full stream be available on-demand for later viewing?


I remember when i was playing Chess religiously as a youngster, the teacher always stressed out how Karpov doesn't beat his opponents, he helps them beat themselves. :p
I love humanity. It is people that i can't stand.
Kitkatzy
Profile Joined May 2008
United States213 Posts
November 21 2010 19:45 GMT
#30
yay! <3 ng5. Great idea!!
Curse Kitkatz
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
November 21 2010 19:48 GMT
#31
YES! I love your chess commentary Ng5. Please come back.
darkness overpowering
Wayra
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
195 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-21 19:59:52
November 21 2010 19:59 GMT
#32
Awesome! I always wonder what exercise you can do to help read moves faster and longer sequences of moves?
rally_point
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada458 Posts
November 21 2010 20:56 GMT
#33
Awesome. I've always enjoyed and have been interested in chess, but have never gotten a chance to see how the pros think. I'll be looking forward to your analyses!
DrSeRRoD
Profile Joined October 2010
United States490 Posts
November 21 2010 21:04 GMT
#34
Sounds great, I will definitely watch!
kadaver_BB
Profile Joined May 2010
55 Posts
November 21 2010 21:07 GMT
#35
I have no clue about chess, i mean i know how the pieces move and stuff, but thats about it.
Will definately watch just to see how complex chess can get :D
Kaal
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Djibouti2570 Posts
November 21 2010 21:57 GMT
#36
Ng5 I'd be very interested in playing you. Do you have a USCF or FIDE rating?
catamorphist
Profile Joined May 2010
United States297 Posts
November 21 2010 22:17 GMT
#37
FYI, the usual English abbreviation for "simultaneous exhibition" is just "simul", not "simultan."
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/281144/1/catamorphist/
0mgVitaminE
Profile Joined February 2009
United States1278 Posts
November 21 2010 22:34 GMT
#38
I'll stop by. Always wanted to get into chess, but it's hard to practice when I'm too bad to know what I should be practicing.
Hi there. I'm in a cave, how bout you?
Epithet
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States840 Posts
November 21 2010 23:18 GMT
#39
On November 22 2010 02:56 Guerrilla705 wrote:
I remember when I used to play chess all the time, gosh its been a bit. Anyone else USCF rated? used to be a tad over 1800

I used to be about 1700 USCF in highschool but I'm rusty now
YellOw, Reach, & Nal_Ra Hwaiting!!
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
November 22 2010 00:19 GMT
#40
On November 22 2010 00:57 foomy wrote:
Hi :} I'm somewhat new to TL and don't know much about you or if you have done this before, etc. Can you share some of your chess background? I'm assuming you must be a great/advanced tournament caliber player if you're doing this, but I'd like to hear of your chess accomplishments.

I'd like to play you! I'm an intermediate casual player.


This dude beats Kamsky in blitz.
Fan of the Jangbanger
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O204
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 491
ZZZero.O 204
Hyun 127
Dota 2
monkeys_forever368
League of Legends
Doublelift4285
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4168
Liquid`Hasu462
Other Games
summit1g14235
FrodaN1670
JimRising 377
KnowMe245
Livibee184
ViBE88
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick846
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 118
• Adnapsc2 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1131
Other Games
• imaqtpie971
• Shiphtur581
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 59m
Patches Events
15h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 59m
OSC
23h 59m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.