• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:00
CEST 19:00
KST 02:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)58Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7900 users

Ruins of War

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
il0seonpurpose
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)5638 Posts
July 17 2010 02:24 GMT
#1
Forewarning: I just started to play this game, so I don't know this game in full detail.

Ruins of War is a free online MMORPG that you can download here. You can also PvP in it, but only at certain times of the day. There consists of two races- the Humans, and the Ak'kans. For every account, you can make up to 5 characters. Once you choose your race, you can choose your profession after completing a couple of quests.
The Humans have these
professions

The Ak'kans have:
professions

The game is like most other MMORPG's (and dead up like Guild Wars!) in the way you can join parties, guilds, trade, do quests, train, level up etc.But for the price of the game (it's free), the graphics are pretty good, and it runs smoothly. What I like about the game is that there are no penalties if you die; when you do, you can choose to revive at that spot you died and have 75% of health and mana, or you can revive at the nearest town. I personally prefer the former.
If you think your computer is too slow, you can edit the settings such as getting rid of shadows, weather, and other things. My computer is pretty old and so when I first started, it was really slow and lagged like crazy b/c I had all the settings to make the gameplay more fun but after turning it off, it didn't make a whole lot of difference.

If anybody plays, my name on there is aKaMuFu. I'm an Ak'kan. Oh, and I don't think the humans and ak'kan mingle at all unless you go and play the PvP.

Also from what I've heard, there are a lot more humans than Ak'kans, but it would be nice if you joined the latter to grow the number

www.ruinsofwar.com

ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
July 17 2010 03:30 GMT
#2
On July 17 2010 11:24 il0seonpurpose wrote:
What I like about the game is that there are no penalties if you die; when you do, you can choose to revive at that spot you died and have 75% of health and mana, or you can revive at the nearest town. I personally prefer the former.


I'm always interested in MMORPG design and what features players like so I'm curious as to why you like this feature and felt the need to point it out specifically.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
il0seonpurpose
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)5638 Posts
July 17 2010 18:02 GMT
#3
On July 17 2010 12:30 ShadowDrgn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2010 11:24 il0seonpurpose wrote:
What I like about the game is that there are no penalties if you die; when you do, you can choose to revive at that spot you died and have 75% of health and mana, or you can revive at the nearest town. I personally prefer the former.


I'm always interested in MMORPG design and what features players like so I'm curious as to why you like this feature and felt the need to point it out specifically.



Welll in other games I've played, whenever you die, you are automatically taken to the nearest city, and then you have to travel all the way back to to where you were. On this game, you can choose to start out where you were and so it's a lot more convenient
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
July 17 2010 18:34 GMT
#4
So if you can revive at the spot you die for no penalty, then why is dying a bad thing? Is there some xp penalty or something? Else, the game would seem kind of pointless.
KasPra
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Estonia983 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-17 19:36:34
July 17 2010 19:34 GMT
#5
I remember a game exactly like that i used to play with my friends about 4-5 years ago. I think it was called Risk Your Life (RYL)

edit: lol its the same game

One thing that is good about this game is that it doesnt have the wow-like attack and grab a sandwich combat, 1 click of a button = 1 hit, no auto attack. The combat was really cool and effecty (thats not even a word i think)
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
February 22 2011 04:58 GMT
#6
(I just stumbled across this game again)

Yeah I remember playing Risk your life 2. I didn't realize how decent it was in some ways compared to some of the new MMOs.

I'm not sure if I'll play it now, but I think I would have played this if I heard about it more around when it came out. Actually, I might have gotten an e-mail about it, but kinda ignored it, so maybe I wouldn't have (or should I say didn't)? lol.

I don't see how you could call this game like Guild Wars though, it's completely different in almost every way. Guild Wars has virtually no focus on gear or level, and Guild Wars is instanced, which makes it not really an MMO at all (the developers call it a CORPG).


About the death and resurrection... I know in RYL 2, death had a pretty big experience penalty, and I don't think anything else. There was no ressurection you speak of- you had the choice to WAIT be ressed by someone else, or respawn in town— Many MMOs do this.

Some things I didn't like about RYL2 was the crazy grind for leveling and gear, as well as the balance and skill variety was pretty lacking as well. The things I liked most would I guess be the manual targeting system (which I think discourages bottling a bit), and the fact that it's pretty PvP friendly— although I don't think you can kill people of your own race, but everyone had the same home town so that wasn't a big deal.
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1155
ComeBackTV 843
SteadfastSC754
TaKeTV 499
IndyStarCraft 206
Rex133
EnkiAlexander 71
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 754
IndyStarCraft 206
ProTech134
Rex 133
BRAT_OK 41
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45328
Shuttle 689
Mini 427
Larva 398
Rush 378
BeSt 184
Hyuk 111
Dewaltoss 94
firebathero 78
Mong 64
[ Show more ]
Sexy 29
ToSsGirL 27
Trap 26
Bale 19
Rock 16
Sacsri 13
Shine 13
Terrorterran 10
Dota 2
Gorgc9084
qojqva1800
Counter-Strike
fl0m1278
Fnx 792
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1653
Khaldor1209
Other Games
hiko1426
FrodaN1201
DeMusliM396
XBOCT191
ArmadaUGS165
Beastyqt158
XaKoH 118
KnowMe114
C9.Mang092
QueenE80
Mew2King77
CosmosSc2 12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV269
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream77
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH293
• poizon28 40
• StrangeGG 39
• Hinosc 23
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3935
Other Games
• Shiphtur327
• imaqtpie3
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 1m
CranKy Ducklings
17h 1m
Online Event
18h 1m
FEL
23h 1m
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.