• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:02
CEST 21:02
KST 04:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7822 users

NYC LAN #5

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Amnesia
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3818 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-24 19:44:20
May 06 2010 06:39 GMT
#1

READ THIS FIRST





Date: June 26th
Time: 1:00 PM
Place: Cyber Icon @ Flushing (158-14 Northern Blvd Flushing, NY 11358-1629)
Price: $3.50 for 1 hour, $6.00 for 2 hours.
What are we doing: Starcraft BW, SC2 Beta(possibly), Tournament (for fun? Paid?) if enough people are available.

After, we will get All You Can Eat BBQ and watch and makes bets on whether or not Phelix can eat over 9000 plates of beef!

Equipment: Bring your own. Otherwise, Mouse-MX310s and various other mices available.

Directions:

By NYC Transit: Take 7 train to Flushing, then walk down Roosevelt Avenue until you get to Northern Boulevard, make a right, then walk to 158th Street. It is a far walk. You can also take the Q13/Q28 to reach this location after taking the train.

Obligatory LAN FAQ
+ Show Spoiler +

I am really young / don't want to drive / am underage / don't want to party. Should I come?
Yes.
I am bad at StarCraft. Should I come?
Yes.
I don't know many people from the TL community / am really shy. Should I come?
Yes.
Can I bring a friend?
Yes.
I have a really cute Asian girlfriend / sister / friend. Should I bring her?
Yes.
I am free to come, but for the above reasons I will pretend to be busy. Will I be banned from TeamLiquid?
Yes.


PLEASE say I will come or I am tentative. This is important!
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
May 06 2010 06:43 GMT
#2
The PC bang across the street from the Korean Supermarket in Ktown. Is that place expensive?
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
Amnesia
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3818 Posts
May 06 2010 06:44 GMT
#3
On May 06 2010 15:43 Disregard wrote:
The PC bang across the street from the Korean Supermarket in Ktown. Is that place expensive?

Not really iirc. I've only been there twice. Phelix probably knows more than me though haha.
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
May 06 2010 06:49 GMT
#4
--- Nuked ---
Amnesia
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3818 Posts
May 06 2010 06:56 GMT
#5
Ehh the date isn't final yet, but it will most likely stay the same unless due to popular demand.
leejas
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States440 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-06 07:59:02
May 06 2010 07:58 GMT
#6
Looks like you can get there from Penn Station to Broadway via LIRR for $3.50 using a CityTicket

put me down as tentative plz

EDIT: had wrong price down before
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
May 06 2010 16:21 GMT
#7
Note: If your mouse cannot install because of driver issues that need a rebooting, use the default mouse they give you.

Thinking of going to Spring Garden for Korean BBQ this time, which is eleven blocks away.

The question is not eating the plates of beef. The question is can I hold it in for 2 hours on my way back.

I didn't make this thread because I was lazy, so I asked Amnesia to make it.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
SixSongs
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Poland1455 Posts
May 06 2010 16:29 GMT
#8
I would like to come. However I'm in my late 20s and I don't wanna scare off these young kids.
The Prince of DroneS
University
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States263 Posts
May 06 2010 16:38 GMT
#9
Ugh, i have been in NYC all year but I leave on May 14th after school ends. Hope this gets off the ground, have fun guys.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-06 16:58:05
May 06 2010 16:57 GMT
#10
MANHATTAN PLX PLOX!

although, it'll be summer, so I can go to flushing I suppose. Tentative until we get closer to the date, but I should be coming.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
[NyC]HoBbes
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States803 Posts
May 06 2010 17:03 GMT
#11
I'm terrible at BW, but I would come to hang out if I'm in the city then
Where'er you walk cool gales shall fan the glade
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
May 06 2010 17:34 GMT
#12
The reason why I specifically chose this date is because June 26th is after the Regents, and June 28th is the last day of classes.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
masami.sc
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States445 Posts
May 06 2010 17:37 GMT
#13
Me, please!
mmmmm...
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
May 06 2010 17:39 GMT
#14
Lolol cute Asian girlfriend^^
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Zeroes
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1102 Posts
May 06 2010 17:46 GMT
#15
omg i will show up i go to icon from time to time

but yea you should hold it off till after june 27 which is the release dates for sc2
Check out my SC Lan pics Here: http://picasaweb.google.com/bunk.habit
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-06 18:07:00
May 06 2010 17:49 GMT
#16
You mean July 27th, and that is far too late to host any LAN that I would want. Besides, I would want a last hurrah of celebrating Brood War. Tentative dates usually mean I move around the date where micronesia is most available.

I wished HoN didn't go retail, so that I can prove a point that I'm a decent HoN player if not for my internet connection.

Also, that obligatory LAN FAQ was just copy pasted from the Calgary LAN.

Blog from last LAN: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=108836
Blog from 2 LANs ago: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=100778
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
jpak
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States5045 Posts
May 06 2010 18:09 GMT
#17
I might come, but I'll have to check. I'll repost when I get a confirmation.
CJ Entusman #50! #1 클템 fan TL!
Amnesia
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3818 Posts
May 06 2010 18:21 GMT
#18
On May 07 2010 02:46 Zeroes wrote:
omg i will show up i go to icon from time to time

but yea you should hold it off till after june 27 which is the release dates for sc2

hey we'll have more LANs don't worry!!!
jpak
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States5045 Posts
May 06 2010 18:22 GMT
#19
On May 07 2010 03:21 Amnesia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2010 02:46 Zeroes wrote:
omg i will show up i go to icon from time to time

but yea you should hold it off till after june 27 which is the release dates for sc2

hey we'll have more LANs don't worry!!!


I thought the release date was JULY 27th?
CJ Entusman #50! #1 클템 fan TL!
Noev
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1105 Posts
May 06 2010 18:25 GMT
#20
sounds like a ton of fun, put me down for tentative ill probably be able to make the trip over from jersey
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 572
UpATreeSC 107
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 935
Dewaltoss 120
firebathero 90
Zeus 68
Trap 45
910 36
zelot 33
Sexy 24
Bale 19
JYJ 19
[ Show more ]
soO 19
ToSsGirL 18
NaDa 17
Shine 13
Dota 2
Gorgc6846
420jenkins186
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1496
Fnx 816
edward61
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS140
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1584
Other Games
summit1g3799
Grubby3391
Beastyqt732
B2W.Neo669
byalli427
KnowMe164
C9.Mang0150
TKL 118
BRAT_OK 79
Chillindude20
Railgan13
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV272
BasetradeTV268
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream122
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 7
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki43
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur382
• WagamamaTV273
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 58m
Kung Fu Cup
15h 58m
Stellar Fest
17h 58m
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.