• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:39
CEST 07:39
KST 14:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7710 users

NYC LAN #5 - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
funnybananaman
Profile Joined April 2009
United States830 Posts
May 06 2010 23:40 GMT
#41
Change to manhattan would be real nice, but yeah i wont have school so w/e put me down tentative since i gotta make sure i don't have vacation/other shit at the time. Sounds like fun though
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-07 02:46:45
May 07 2010 02:45 GMT
#42
if its in manhattan i cant come lol
also, wow so expensive ><
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24800 Posts
May 07 2010 03:27 GMT
#43
Am I in the minority about not particularly caring for korean food? To be honest I don't even have much of an attachment to korea side from the obvious awe for the gaming scene they have created... I think most foreign starcraft fans are korea lovers but I'd but interested to see how unilateral this is... the korean bbq is still fine for the lan but maybe for future ones we could diversify
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Sfydjklm
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States9218 Posts
May 07 2010 03:29 GMT
#44
if there is an SC2 tournament where i can stomp ur faces sure!
twitter.com/therealdhalism | "Trying out Z = lots of losses vs inferior players until you figure out how to do it well (if it even works)."- Liquid'Tyler
Amnesia
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3818 Posts
May 07 2010 04:29 GMT
#45
Hey guys, need to know if you guys are coming, so please do either the following:

"I am confirmed on going to the LAN on the 26th."

"I am tentative on going to the LAN on the 26th"

And if you can't go, simply state that you can't!!!
Cauld
Profile Joined February 2010
United States350 Posts
May 07 2010 04:53 GMT
#46
I am tentative on going to the LAN on the 26th. I like the Korean BBQ idea, and keeping the LAN in Flushing.
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-07 04:57:11
May 07 2010 04:56 GMT
#47
I MIGHT be able to go!!!~~~~~

I'll finally meet TLers in NYC and prove I ain't the only one from NYC who's from TL! Hahahahaha!!

Edit: Oh I forgot...

On May 07 2010 13:29 Amnesia wrote:
"I am tentative on going to the LAN on the 26th"
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
Amnesia
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3818 Posts
May 07 2010 06:19 GMT
#48
Wow, at least this thread is active.

Why does Phelix fail when he makes threads? I should be the organizer now. lool jk Phelix ^_^
Anyways I am glad to see a lot of tentatives. It's definitely better than nothing! Now let's hope those tentatives turned into confirmed!

To make a LAN a successful and enjoyable event we need a lot of people! I promise you guys won't be disappointed so come!!!
NeVeR
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
1352 Posts
May 07 2010 07:34 GMT
#49
Pokebunny quit being lazy and don't make me smack you again with a trout. I'm from New Jersey, it takes forever to get to Manhattan by train. You live in NYC. Flushing shouldn't be too hard for you to get to!
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
May 07 2010 07:39 GMT
#50
lolol leaving for Korea 3 days earlier
have fun all!
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
Amnesia
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3818 Posts
May 07 2010 09:21 GMT
#51
On May 07 2010 16:39 Smix wrote:
lolol leaving for Korea 3 days earlier
have fun all!



Have fun in Korea though! So lucky...lol
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
May 07 2010 11:22 GMT
#52
On May 07 2010 13:56 QuickStriker wrote:
I MIGHT be able to go!!!~~~~~

I'll finally meet TLers in NYC and prove I ain't the only one from NYC who's from TL! Hahahahaha!!

Edit: Oh I forgot...

Show nested quote +
On May 07 2010 13:29 Amnesia wrote:
"I am tentative on going to the LAN on the 26th"


I'm coming, are you sure?!
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
May 07 2010 11:26 GMT
#53
Hey, what does this say about me? Well, there were a lot of people that were tentative in my LANs, but they never showed up.

Pokebunny, what's wrong with riding the train. I did it at your age for 3+ hours each day to get to school. Quit complaining and join your brothers in TL. Although I might host a LAN in NYC earlier to accommodate those who want it in Manhattan, but I don't know any good PC bangs there.

Micronesia, I know that Korean BBQ over and over again could be boring, but in the area that we are in, there really isn't much diversity due to being in Koreatown. There's Flushing, but that would be going into a Chinatown, and most of the surrounding neighborhoods are suburban areas.

Smix, you always seem to have good timing for leaving before the date that I host.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-07 11:41:48
May 07 2010 11:40 GMT
#54
On May 07 2010 20:26 Phelix wrote:
Hey, what does this say about me? Well, there were a lot of people that were tentative in my LANs, but they never showed up.

Pokebunny, what's wrong with riding the train. I did it at your age for 3+ hours each day to get to school. Quit complaining and join your brothers in TL. Although I might host a LAN in NYC earlier to accommodate those who want it in Manhattan, but I don't know any good PC bangs there.

Micronesia, I know that Korean BBQ over and over again could be boring, but in the area that we are in, there really isn't much diversity due to being in Koreatown. There's Flushing, but that would be going into a Chinatown, and most of the surrounding neighborhoods are suburban areas.

Smix, you always seem to have good timing for leaving before the date that I host.


I've been riding to and from school on the train for two years, but flushing is still soooo far (literally from one end of a train line to the other, I live near times square )

I'll bug Pressure next week, I bet he'll come if it's in flushing.

Voted for money tournament because, well, I want your money.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
May 07 2010 12:09 GMT
#55
On May 07 2010 20:22 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2010 13:56 QuickStriker wrote:
I MIGHT be able to go!!!~~~~~

I'll finally meet TLers in NYC and prove I ain't the only one from NYC who's from TL! Hahahahaha!!

Edit: Oh I forgot...

On May 07 2010 13:29 Amnesia wrote:
"I am tentative on going to the LAN on the 26th"


I'm coming, are you sure?!

LOL
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
May 07 2010 14:00 GMT
#56
On May 07 2010 20:22 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2010 13:56 QuickStriker wrote:
I MIGHT be able to go!!!~~~~~

I'll finally meet TLers in NYC and prove I ain't the only one from NYC who's from TL! Hahahahaha!!

Edit: Oh I forgot...

On May 07 2010 13:29 Amnesia wrote:
"I am tentative on going to the LAN on the 26th"


I'm coming, are you sure?!

-______-

I thought we already went over this and forgave one another. Don't worry, I won't beat you up since there's no need to.... yet.... ^_^
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24800 Posts
May 07 2010 16:23 GMT
#57
Is there really nothing to eat there besides korean bbq? I find that rather hard to believe :p
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
May 07 2010 16:26 GMT
#58
Fanatacist is most definitely coming, right? We need more NYC LAN adventures.

Pokebunny, if you live near Times Square, take the N to Queensboro, then transfer to the 7 to Flushing. It's much faster that way. Besides, I'm coming all the way from Brooklyn, which takes me almost 2 hours to get to the LAN, but I'm still going.

I might host another one at the end of May in Manhattan, but I haven't decided where or what to do yet since I can't find a good PC Bang location. As I stated before, if you guys find a good one, I'll think about another event.

DC people should come here too. It only seems equitable that some of us are going down there for their LAN.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-07 16:58:34
May 07 2010 16:53 GMT
#59
On May 08 2010 01:23 micronesia wrote:
Is there really nothing to eat there besides korean bbq? I find that rather hard to believe :p

Well, there's SOOOOO many things we can eat b/c it's NEW YORK CITY!!!! it doesn't even have to be Korean food, we can find all different kinds of food b/c it's NEW YORK!~ From burritos, gyros, halah, sushi, tonkatsu, udon, sul-long-tang, ja-jang-myun, soodoo bu, pizza, pastas, etc etc!

*Edit* But in Flushing, NY, I know this certain Korean restaurant that has some of the best SUL-LONG-TANG I ever had (ox-tail soup is the english translated name) along with really tasty JEON (korean pancake side dish) that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

*Edit Edit* Btw, how about samyeopsal? Those are tasty too?
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24800 Posts
May 07 2010 19:00 GMT
#60
I'm not buying fana shit this time fyi lol
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 124
-ZergGirl 95
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1962
910 63
sorry 48
Bale 39
Yoon 24
NotJumperer 20
ZergMaN 12
yabsab 10
Noble 7
Icarus 7
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 672
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox654
Mew2King30
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor105
Other Games
summit1g6928
WinterStarcraft400
PiGStarcraft282
C9.Mang0266
Sick163
Livibee162
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick634
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream244
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2295
League of Legends
• Stunt446
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 21m
Stellar Fest
7h 21m
The PondCast
1d 4h
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
OSC
1d 18h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.