• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:47
CEST 00:47
KST 07:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9610 users

TL Mafia XLVIII - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 176 Next
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 04 2011 16:36 GMT
#161
On December 05 2011 00:57 TruthBringer wrote:
I don't like the idea of using a zodiac list. I feel like it can be used by the mafia to get townies to hang other townies.

I don't think we should lynch anyone on day 1, personally. I know mafia get kills at night, but blues also have powerful abilities at night.

People are saying 6/25 is high, but it is probably offset by the town having powerful blues or quite a few blues.

Also, I've been out of the TL mafia loop for awhile, so if it comes to day 1 lynching, I'll be completely worthless as I can't read any of you at all.


What do you want us to spend the rest of the day doing if you just want us to no-lynch? Just want to sit around and wait for power roles to do our job? A town shouldn't depend on power roles, especially not in a closed setup. How do you want potential blues to direct their actions tonight? Do you want cops to claim day2? What about sanities? What if nobody claims day2, then we're back at day1 but with a couple of townies dead?

You are obviously not very dumb since you feel confident enough to post very concise opinions on zodiac lists and setup balance, but your no-lynch idea, I can't see how a townie could suggest such a thing.

Also, you proclaim your worthlessness lowering everybody's expectations of you. You can absolutely catch a scum even if you don't have any extensive meta with him/her (I think I just proved that). At the very least YOU CAN TRY, unless you don't want to but in that case you're scum and you can just die.

##Vote TruthBringer
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
December 04 2011 16:38 GMT
#162
"The only medic in 47 that was "ridiculously on target" was sandroba and that is to be expected."

cybercheese healed me but the hosts fucked that up
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
December 04 2011 16:38 GMT
#163
"Just want to sit around and wait for power roles to do our job"

whoaaaaaaaaaa what
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
December 04 2011 16:38 GMT
#164
thats a ridiculously early claim.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
December 04 2011 16:42 GMT
#165
hi reading now

cybercheese also healed me and i was scum
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
December 04 2011 16:46 GMT
#166
On December 04 2011 22:07 Radfield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2011 21:59 hyshes wrote:
On December 04 2011 21:26 Radfield wrote:
On December 04 2011 19:38 Palmar wrote:
Sup.

If we assume the hosts went with the most obvious way of balancing the game, two people out of this list are scum:

Radfield
Palmar
Jackal
sandroba
syllogism
redFF



I'm not sure if I agree with that list. I could easily see 1 of those 6 being scum, not two.

I would narrow it down further if you want to go that route:

Radfield
Palmar
sandroba
syllogism

1 of those 4 are scum.

However, I think that kind of thinking is at complete odds to proper play. Towns can be stacked and still implode(Caller. BC and Fishball in Closed Casket), and mafia can be stacked and still get washed out(Radfield, iGrok, Kitaman, GGQ, DocH, Cyber_Cheese in LOTR). If hosts are smart they will start true RNGing the set-up and seeing how things turn out.


So you guys don't exclude yourself from a 'possible scum list"?



Of course not

I don't expect you to think I am town based on me saying so. I expect you to watch my play and gradually exclude me from being scum based on merit.

or just autolynch you if you don't die night 1
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 04 2011 16:52 GMT
#167
On December 05 2011 01:38 annul wrote:
thats a ridiculously early claim.

It might be early but I fail to see how it's a claim (and it isn't).
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
December 04 2011 16:54 GMT
#168
On December 05 2011 01:46 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2011 22:07 Radfield wrote:
On December 04 2011 21:59 hyshes wrote:
On December 04 2011 21:26 Radfield wrote:
On December 04 2011 19:38 Palmar wrote:
Sup.

If we assume the hosts went with the most obvious way of balancing the game, two people out of this list are scum:

Radfield
Palmar
Jackal
sandroba
syllogism
redFF



I'm not sure if I agree with that list. I could easily see 1 of those 6 being scum, not two.

I would narrow it down further if you want to go that route:

Radfield
Palmar
sandroba
syllogism

1 of those 4 are scum.

However, I think that kind of thinking is at complete odds to proper play. Towns can be stacked and still implode(Caller. BC and Fishball in Closed Casket), and mafia can be stacked and still get washed out(Radfield, iGrok, Kitaman, GGQ, DocH, Cyber_Cheese in LOTR). If hosts are smart they will start true RNGing the set-up and seeing how things turn out.


So you guys don't exclude yourself from a 'possible scum list"?



Of course not

I don't expect you to think I am town based on me saying so. I expect you to watch my play and gradually exclude me from being scum based on merit.

or just autolynch you if you don't die night 1


I'd prefer you to wait until after night 2 At that point I wouldn't blame you.

I'm 8 for 9 on being dead before then when i'm an unprotected townie, and 4 for 5 on being alive when scum.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
December 04 2011 16:56 GMT
#169
We are not even discussing nolynch until much later on in the game. It is the worst thing we can do day 1 because it gives us no information and mafia free kills. end of discussion.

Palmar looks kinda scummy right now.

##Vote Palmar
TruthBringer
Profile Joined November 2003
United States578 Posts
December 04 2011 16:57 GMT
#170
@prplhz

We don't have to do anything on the first day. Sometimes doing nothing is better than doing something.

I admit that we have more data if we hang someone, because we can see that person's alignment and who voted for him and who voted elsewhere. But more data doesn't mean we are in a better position. If we hang a powerful blue, and the mafia isn't overrepresented in the vote to lynch him, that does us no good.

You seem to think that I can pick out scum just based on bad ideas, but some people are just not good players or come up with bad plans, how am I to know the difference? Like I said, I don't have the experience right now to make the distinction.

Also, there can be differences of opinion. You and I might both be good guys and honestly have different opinions on whether it is a good idea or bad idea to hang on the first day.
Carbon FC
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
December 04 2011 16:59 GMT
#171
shut up about detectives just check who you think is scummy.
Refallen
Profile Joined August 2010
452 Posts
December 04 2011 17:00 GMT
#172
redFF why do you say Palmar is acting scummy?

anyway I'm going to bed look orward to reading this thread tomorrow!
TruthBringer
Profile Joined November 2003
United States578 Posts
December 04 2011 17:00 GMT
#173
By the way, prplhz, I don't know if this was an oversight on your part, but if you are truly voting for me, you should do it in the voting thread.
Carbon FC
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 04 2011 17:00 GMT
#174
@redFF

What motivation could there be for a townie to propose a no-lynch this early on day1 in a closed setup? Do you think TruthBringer is bad enough not to be able to figure this out himself?

Why do you think Palmar looks kinda scummy right now?
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 04 2011 17:06 GMT
#175
On December 05 2011 02:00 prplhz wrote:
@redFF

What motivation could there be for a townie to propose a no-lynch this early on day1 in a closed setup? Do you think TruthBringer is bad enough not to be able to figure this out himself?

Why do you think Palmar looks kinda scummy right now?

And what exactly is the scum motivation? Do you think they believe they can get us to nolynch by having TruthBringer propose it? Do you think they would realize what kind of reaction it would provoke?
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
December 04 2011 17:08 GMT
#176
On December 05 2011 01:52 prplhz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 01:38 annul wrote:
thats a ridiculously early claim.

It might be early but I fail to see how it's a claim (and it isn't).




"Just want to sit around and wait for power roles to do OUR job"
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
December 04 2011 17:10 GMT
#177
On December 05 2011 01:57 TruthBringer wrote:
@prplhz

We don't have to do anything on the first day. Sometimes doing nothing is better than doing something.

I admit that we have more data if we hang someone, because we can see that person's alignment and who voted for him and who voted elsewhere. But more data doesn't mean we are in a better position. If we hang a powerful blue, and the mafia isn't overrepresented in the vote to lynch him, that does us no good.

You seem to think that I can pick out scum just based on bad ideas, but some people are just not good players or come up with bad plans, how am I to know the difference? Like I said, I don't have the experience right now to make the distinction.

Also, there can be differences of opinion. You and I might both be good guys and honestly have different opinions on whether it is a good idea or bad idea to hang on the first day.


At some point we have to do something. We can't just sit around letting people die until an investigative role(which may or may not exist) pops in and gives us a red result. On day 1 and 2, more data almost always DOES mean we are in a better position. Roles are far far less important than the people using them. I'm not about to sit around waiting for blues who may be derping with their roles anyways, and you shouldn't be either. I'm also not going to worry about lynching someone who looks scummy because they might have a good role.
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
December 04 2011 17:10 GMT
#178
There are situations no-lynch may prove to be useful for town on closed setups, however most of the times it's much more scum-oriented than town oriented because it provides little for town, and gives scum free kills.

If there is anything about Palmar being scummy right now, it's his list. But that's as scummy as any kind of day1 tunneling ie. a little bit, but close to zero.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
December 04 2011 17:17 GMT
#179
I'm here and reading guys - I just want to say that the atmosphere is ALREADY better than the typical d1 nonsense I'm used to seeing from TL towns. Me likey.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
December 04 2011 17:19 GMT
#180
On December 05 2011 02:00 prplhz wrote:
@redFF

What motivation could there be for a townie to propose a no-lynch this early on day1 in a closed setup? Do you think TruthBringer is bad enough not to be able to figure this out himself?

Why do you think Palmar looks kinda scummy right now?

yes
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 177
Nina 125
SteadfastSC 61
CosmosSc2 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 505
910 60
Bale 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm47
League of Legends
Doublelift1849
Super Smash Bros
PPMD63
Other Games
summit1g10174
Grubby3183
shahzam605
C9.Mang0251
PiGStarcraft209
Maynarde80
Liquid`Ken12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• musti20045 40
• davetesta6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21644
Other Games
• imaqtpie897
• Shiphtur289
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
13m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 13m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 13m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.