• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:31
CEST 02:31
KST 09:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8412 users

TL Mafia XLVIII - Page 10

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 176 Next
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
December 04 2011 17:24 GMT
#181
On December 04 2011 19:38 Palmar wrote:
Sup.

If we assume the hosts went with the most obvious way of balancing the game, two people out of this list are scum:

Radfield
Palmar
Jackal
sandroba
syllogism
redFF
posts useless list
However I would never agree with lynching based on how we perceive the hosts balance games. They could just as well have randomized it or used some other method to balance it.
the very next thing he says basically calls the list useless

What I'm more interested in is that 6/25 seems like an oddly high number of mafia for a normal setup. Do you think this is offset by lower mafia KP or multiple town power roles?
I'm not sure what the point of this question is. Nobody (except maybe scum) knows for sure. It's pointless setup speculation to look like contributing with a hint of rolefishing.

In addition, how would you feel about randomly lynching on day 1. I mean completely random, we just have some kinda rng generator choose our lynch for the day.
I'm fairly sure this isn't going to happen, dumb idea. Besides we could never trust the person generating the number to not influence it themselves in some way.

redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
December 04 2011 17:27 GMT
#182
On December 04 2011 22:42 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2011 22:32 syllogism wrote:
On December 04 2011 22:21 Palmar wrote:
On December 04 2011 22:04 syllogism wrote:
Our EU players at the very least should be awake by now and posted: Corrupt, Erandorr, prplhz, Toadesstern. I would like to note that you are required to post at least once every 24h cycle.

Based on nothing at all, who would you lynch?

Palmar why did you ask me a question you knew how I would respond to? Did that reveal anything useful?


Because I knew what your answer would be, but I was unsure how it would be formulated.

Your chosen path was to to deny it decisively without trashing the idea. Which is interesting. You could've been much more careful or much more aggressive, you could have absolutely trashed the idea, or you could have carefully denied it.

I'm not sure how to read it though. What made you initiate a discussion with me? Normally you just call me annoying until you figure out if I'm town or scum. I mean, I have done the same thing with sandroba, but what factors control your choice of target (me) and your change in play?

You are European, likely awake and usually quite willing to start posting on your own. I don't recall ever calling you annoying, care to provide reference? I suppose the closest I can come up with is lotr where you weren't doing anything and I noted that.


Annoying may not be the word you use, but just think about our last game as town together where I was running for mayor. Your approach towards me is not the same.

he says syllo's play is different from his last game as town. It's being suspicious of him without actually saying anything concrete, this is how scum start wagons without anyone noticing they started it.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
December 04 2011 17:34 GMT
#183
Red's case on Palmar is surprisingly good (as far as d1 cases tend to go)...I've skimmed the whole game and I'm up to page 7 in an actual read-through (moving backward), and I'm good with this.

##Vote: Palmar

Wishy-washy setup speculation and no opinions. Scum.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 04 2011 17:35 GMT
#184
To be fair, I directly asked him what would a balanced scum team be like. I'm more interested in the lie, or more generously a distortion or careless wording, he used in his attempt to attack me.

Also not liking how Sandroba popped in to ask a few relatively pointless questions and then disappeared without commenting anything. However, It's rather unlikely I will be advocating lynching either of them d1 and they do have quite a while to shape up anyway.
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
December 04 2011 17:38 GMT
#185
On December 05 2011 02:35 syllogism wrote:
To be fair, I directly asked him what would a balanced scum team be like. I'm more interested in the lie, or more generously a distortion or careless wording, he used in his attempt to attack me.

Also not liking how Sandroba popped in to ask a few relatively pointless questions and then disappeared without commenting anything. However, It's rather unlikely I will be advocating lynching either of them d1 and they do have quite a while to shape up anyway.


Triple agree.
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
December 04 2011 17:50 GMT
#186
On December 05 2011 02:34 VisceraEyes wrote:
Red's case on Palmar is surprisingly good (as far as d1 cases tend to go)...I've skimmed the whole game and I'm up to page 7 in an actual read-through (moving backward), and I'm good with this.

##Vote: Palmar

Wishy-washy setup speculation and no opinions. Scum.



No, the case is based on Palmar actually having something to say, as if it wasn't the first post(s) of the game. Why are you so eager to put down your vote?
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 04 2011 17:51 GMT
#187
I'm out for the night

redFF's case is terrible.

VisceraEyes's agreement is a proof it's terrible.

I'll explain why tomorrow, don't have time now.
Computer says mafia
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
December 04 2011 17:53 GMT
#188
I wouldn't say 'eager' is the word...but I put my vote down so my intentions are clear.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
December 04 2011 17:54 GMT
#189
Also I'm not going to let Palmar's superiority complex get to me this game, I promise.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Corrupt
Profile Joined August 2009
Bulgaria1312 Posts
December 04 2011 17:56 GMT
#190
Wow~
Some sick investigations going on! I think I'm getting paranoid already.. yet it's my first game. (and first post)
This is not going to be easy... so many suspicious people already.
Just a guy trying to enjoy living in the worst timeline and failing miserably since 1990.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
December 04 2011 17:57 GMT
#191
On December 05 2011 02:51 Palmar wrote:
I'm out for the night

redFF's case is terrible.

VisceraEyes's agreement is a proof it's terrible.

I'll explain why tomorrow, don't have time now.

hey at least its a case instead of pointless setup discussion and posts saying obvious things like

On December 04 2011 23:09 Palmar wrote:
Establishing your innocence is the first priority over anything else.

If you scumhunt, you might catch scum

If you establish your innocence you won't be lynched. If all townies won't be lynched, then the game has been solved. So yes, that should be syllos and everyone else's main concern.

this
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
December 04 2011 17:57 GMT
#192
On December 05 2011 02:56 Corrupt wrote:
Wow~
Some sick investigations going on! I think I'm getting paranoid already.. yet it's my first game. (and first post)
This is not going to be easy... so many suspicious people already.

like who?
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
December 04 2011 18:05 GMT
#193
On December 05 2011 02:56 Corrupt wrote:
Wow~
Some sick investigations going on! I think I'm getting paranoid already.. yet it's my first game. (and first post)
This is not going to be easy... so many suspicious people already.


Tell us who is suspicious. Even if you want to say "I just think he is suspicious". It's not bad to be transparent, and don't be afraid to make mistakes and even turn back on your own word, as long as you make sense.

Unless of course you are scum, only scum is afraid of mistakes.


This post is the perfect example of a clueless scum post.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
December 04 2011 18:07 GMT
#194
On December 05 2011 03:05 Zephirdd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 02:56 Corrupt wrote:
Wow~
Some sick investigations going on! I think I'm getting paranoid already.. yet it's my first game. (and first post)
This is not going to be easy... so many suspicious people already.


Tell us who is suspicious. Even if you want to say "I just think he is suspicious". It's not bad to be transparent, and don't be afraid to make mistakes and even turn back on your own word, as long as you make sense.

Unless of course you are scum, only scum is afraid of mistakes.


This post is the perfect example of a clueless scum post.

all this post does is say what i said 10 minutes earlier in 8 sentences instead of 2 words...
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
December 04 2011 18:12 GMT
#195
On December 05 2011 03:07 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 03:05 Zephirdd wrote:
On December 05 2011 02:56 Corrupt wrote:
Wow~
Some sick investigations going on! I think I'm getting paranoid already.. yet it's my first game. (and first post)
This is not going to be easy... so many suspicious people already.


Tell us who is suspicious. Even if you want to say "I just think he is suspicious". It's not bad to be transparent, and don't be afraid to make mistakes and even turn back on your own word, as long as you make sense.

Unless of course you are scum, only scum is afraid of mistakes.


This post is the perfect example of a clueless scum post.

all this post does is say what i said 10 minutes earlier in 8 sentences instead of 2 words...


I'd feel more pressured over 8 sentences than over 2 words. Am I wrong with complementing what you said?

(it also helps that I didn't bother looking at post times)
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
December 04 2011 18:15 GMT
#196
meh you say the same thing as me though, except you actually call him scum.

If it's the perfect example of a clueless scum post why isn't your vote on him?
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
December 04 2011 18:30 GMT
#197
/in as replacement.
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
December 04 2011 18:31 GMT
#198
Because I don't throw votes away without proper thought. I'd rather see what they have for an answer before actually voting on them.

I believe the answer to a question tells me much more than the actual case made over someone.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
December 04 2011 18:42 GMT
#199
why not? You can always change your vote at a later time, we aren't playing a game where someone can be hammered, we have a set deadline. It's not a throwaway vote if it's for something scummy.
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
December 04 2011 18:49 GMT
#200
we aren't playing a game where someone can be hammered


Maybe that's why I don't like doing it, my first game was like that, and I raged at people just voting out of nothing(even if I was scum there).

Meh, the hell with it.
##Vote Corrupt

I just realized his nickname is horrible also lol.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings59
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 138
SpeCial 115
CosmosSc2 45
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1602
Rain 1552
Artosis 651
910 59
Bale 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm127
League of Legends
Doublelift3405
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox250
Other Games
summit1g8873
shahzam544
JimRising 426
C9.Mang0336
PiGStarcraft288
Maynarde133
Liquid`Ken7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick884
BasetradeTV164
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 103
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP63
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21590
Other Games
• imaqtpie795
• Shiphtur157
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 30m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
10h 30m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
23h 30m
Patches Events
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.