• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:30
CEST 02:30
KST 09:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8412 users

TL Mafia XLVIII - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 176 Next
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
December 04 2011 15:40 GMT
#141
On December 04 2011 23:53 Refallen wrote:
Not a smurf; I lurk TL while watching SC2, discovered this forum, and enjoyed reading through TL Mafia XLVII!


this is a lie... noone enjoyed reading through mafia XLVII
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
December 04 2011 15:43 GMT
#142
On December 05 2011 00:40 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2011 23:53 Refallen wrote:
Not a smurf; I lurk TL while watching SC2, discovered this forum, and enjoyed reading through TL Mafia XLVII!


this is a lie... noone enjoyed reading through mafia XLVII


Scum did
Refallen
Profile Joined August 2010
452 Posts
December 04 2011 15:43 GMT
#143
haha ok, I skipped past most of the trashtalk but it was really interesting to see who was scum in the end and what the roles did.

(I really thought palmar was scum that game haha)
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
December 04 2011 15:44 GMT
#144
On December 04 2011 19:38 Palmar wrote:
What I'm more interested in is that 6/25 seems like an oddly high number of mafia for a normal setup. Do you think this is offset by lower mafia KP or multiple town power roles?


it was 5/20 before he extended it (1 red = 3 town) and then he made it 6/25 (1 red for 4 town) due to the demand. so the game was even more red heavy before this. so either the red team is stacked weak with noobs or there are a lot of blues
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
December 04 2011 15:46 GMT
#145
On December 04 2011 21:15 Radfield wrote:
Other than starting discussion, I think RNG has very little value.


yeah...

RNG: 2

##Vote prplhz


wat
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
December 04 2011 15:51 GMT
#146
On December 05 2011 00:39 Drazerk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 00:25 Radfield wrote:
On December 05 2011 00:20 Drazerk wrote:
Sigh I hate zodiac lists they let players such as myself skate by too easily -.-

Also radfield is it really needed to establish a throw away vote so early on?



Who said it was a throw away vote? Prplhz belongs to the class of players who have the potential to be strong players, yet are not well known enough to draw medic protection or dt investigations. I'm genuinely interested in his response and Day 1 contributions.


I dislike randomly voting people at the start of day to spark discussion as it just allows the person to do a blind omgus rather than focusing on everyone. Your not going to stick with Prplhz throughout the entire day at any rate and if you do you will just be tunnelling him which has too many drawbacks.



If prp wants to blind OMGUS me then I'll be highly disappointed. I can also assure you I will not tunnel someone on Day 1

On December 04 2011 19:08 Drazerk wrote:
/confirm however I am going to be out all day ill be around in 9 hours



Plans change?
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
December 04 2011 15:52 GMT
#147
On December 05 2011 00:51 Radfield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 00:39 Drazerk wrote:
On December 05 2011 00:25 Radfield wrote:
On December 05 2011 00:20 Drazerk wrote:
Sigh I hate zodiac lists they let players such as myself skate by too easily -.-

Also radfield is it really needed to establish a throw away vote so early on?



Who said it was a throw away vote? Prplhz belongs to the class of players who have the potential to be strong players, yet are not well known enough to draw medic protection or dt investigations. I'm genuinely interested in his response and Day 1 contributions.


I dislike randomly voting people at the start of day to spark discussion as it just allows the person to do a blind omgus rather than focusing on everyone. Your not going to stick with Prplhz throughout the entire day at any rate and if you do you will just be tunnelling him which has too many drawbacks.



If prp wants to blind OMGUS me then I'll be highly disappointed. I can also assure you I will not tunnel someone on Day 1

Show nested quote +
On December 04 2011 19:08 Drazerk wrote:
/confirm however I am going to be out all day ill be around in 9 hours



Plans change?


Yeah got home earlier than expected
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
December 04 2011 15:55 GMT
#148
On December 05 2011 00:21 Radfield wrote:
but it was a way to organize blue roles like detectives and medics by directing them either into or away from the zodiac list.


this is retarded as fuck

nobody direct power roles into any list.
TruthBringer
Profile Joined November 2003
United States578 Posts
December 04 2011 15:57 GMT
#149
I don't like the idea of using a zodiac list. I feel like it can be used by the mafia to get townies to hang other townies.

I don't think we should lynch anyone on day 1, personally. I know mafia get kills at night, but blues also have powerful abilities at night.

People are saying 6/25 is high, but it is probably offset by the town having powerful blues or quite a few blues.

Also, I've been out of the TL mafia loop for awhile, so if it comes to day 1 lynching, I'll be completely worthless as I can't read any of you at all.
Carbon FC
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
December 04 2011 15:58 GMT
#150
On December 05 2011 00:31 Jackal58 wrote:
Using those rankings you determine who the scum team is by who is getting night killed. Strong players on the list should be dead by day 3 or so. If they're not they're scum.


yeah and this is the logical conclusion to draw from what a list like that does and this is similarly horrible

if the hosts didnt fuck up id have been alive day 3 in 47 and i am a strong player. you know they have medics in games right?

also if red knows youre gonna lynch people for being alive and being skilled then it becomes a wifom circle "did they leave him alive on purpose so we lynch him and hes a green?" or "is he a red" etc

there is no point
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
December 04 2011 16:00 GMT
#151
On December 05 2011 00:39 Drazerk wrote:
I dislike randomly voting people at the start of day to spark discussion as it just allows the person to do a blind omgus rather than focusing on everyone.


pressuring someone = they give information up and/or red team comes to defend them = good for us

random voting with intent to rescind vote = fine for this purpose.

random voting period = horrible
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
December 04 2011 16:02 GMT
#152
On December 05 2011 00:44 annul wrote:
so either the red team is stacked weak with noobs or there are a lot of blues


13 minutes later

On December 05 2011 00:57 TruthBringer wrote:
People are saying 6/25 is high, but it is probably offset by the town having powerful blues or quite a few blues.


why thank you sir for parroting <3
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
December 04 2011 16:04 GMT
#153
On December 05 2011 00:40 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2011 23:53 Refallen wrote:
Not a smurf; I lurk TL while watching SC2, discovered this forum, and enjoyed reading through TL Mafia XLVII!


this is a lie... noone enjoyed reading through mafia XLVII


I BET YOU DID HUH SCUM MATTCHEW??
(no, I'm still not over that)


either way, if 6/25 is high, did anybody consider the possibility of two mafia teams? Wouldn't it be a away to balance roles?
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Erandorr
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
2283 Posts
December 04 2011 16:09 GMT
#154
Yeah I enjoyed that game so much that me and Vader pushed for a draw.

Also /confirm and /afk I will be in a train for 6 hours with no internet until I get home
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
December 04 2011 16:11 GMT
#155
On December 05 2011 00:55 annul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 00:21 Radfield wrote:
but it was a way to organize blue roles like detectives and medics by directing them either into or away from the zodiac list.


this is retarded as fuck

nobody direct power roles into any list.



Settle down annul. No need for hyper-aggression.

What I actually wrote about the zodiac lists:

Technically I'm misusing the term here. All I am really talking about is a list of players who playstyles I am familiar with, and who I am going to be keeping a close eye on.


No one is talking about organizing blues.
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
December 04 2011 16:13 GMT
#156
i read what YOU said about it ("technically i am misusing the word" etc)

i am saying funneling blues into some list is retarded.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 04 2011 16:14 GMT
#157
"Zodiac" lists are fine as a guideline for medics, especially in a game with newer players or players who are otherwise unsure as to who is a likely n1 target. Even if they decide against following it, it will discourage mafia from shooting into it. Given the recent success rate of TL medics, I think the main early game function of medics is to discourage mafia from being overly bold with their shots rather than to actually save someone.

A strong player surviving until day 3 is just one of the things that should be taken into account when determining his alignment. It doesn't automatically make him scum, but rather is something that depends on other circumstances; ie. who else has died and such.
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
December 04 2011 16:31 GMT
#158
""Zodiac" lists are fine as a guideline for medics"

no theyre not. in fact...

"Given the recent success rate of TL medics"

in 47 medics were ridiculously on target and that game was a massive clusterfuck AND they didn't heal into some list. the lists have absolutely no purpose. if a medic wants to heal into someone that would otherwise be on the list then they will do this regardless, and it is better not to give info like this to the reds.


"A strong player surviving until day 3 is just one of the things that should be taken into account when determining his alignment."

no lol. see: previous paragraph
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
December 04 2011 16:33 GMT
#159
On December 05 2011 00:57 TruthBringer wrote:
I don't like the idea of using a zodiac list. I feel like it can be used by the mafia to get townies to hang other townies.

I don't think we should lynch anyone on day 1, personally. I know mafia get kills at night, but blues also have powerful abilities at night.

People are saying 6/25 is high, but it is probably offset by the town having powerful blues or quite a few blues.

Also, I've been out of the TL mafia loop for awhile, so if it comes to day 1 lynching, I'll be completely worthless as I can't read any of you at all.


If we end up no-lynching today, that is ok(although non-optimal). Keep in mind our Day 1 goals:

1. Create a positive atmosphere. Clarity, no arguing, etc.

2. Get everyone's votes and thoughts down on paper. Force scum to bullshit about who they want to lynch and why.

3. Establish baselines of activity for players for use in future days.



Again, a no-lynch is not the end of the world, but we don't want to enter the day with a mindset of no-lynching. We want to enter the day planning to find scummy players, and gather a majority.

You don't need to be able to 'read' anyone. Support people making sense, lynch people who are playing poorly. Past experience with players is useful, but not essential by any means. Even if you don't think you can find scum, contribute and make sure you don't get mistaken for one(assuming you are town).
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 04 2011 16:34 GMT
#160
I'm not really interested in debating this topic with you as my own opinion is very unlikely to change and I'm also quite against the notion of "wifom". The only medic in 47 that was "ridiculously on target" was sandroba and that is to be expected.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings59
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 138
SpeCial 115
CosmosSc2 45
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1602
Rain 1552
Artosis 651
910 59
Bale 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm127
League of Legends
Doublelift3405
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox250
Other Games
summit1g8873
shahzam544
JimRising 426
C9.Mang0336
PiGStarcraft288
Maynarde133
Liquid`Ken7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick884
BasetradeTV164
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 103
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP63
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21590
Other Games
• imaqtpie795
• Shiphtur157
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 30m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
10h 30m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
23h 30m
Patches Events
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.