• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:37
CEST 13:37
KST 20:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10497 users

Bureaucracy Mafia! - Page 39

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 226 Next
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 17 2012 12:40 GMT
#761
Yes, I misread. Just went and found it, sorry
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
July 17 2012 13:10 GMT
#762
I'm awake and I am starting to work on my cases. Why Blazinghand wanted to save me remains unknown to me. It seems that we have nukers and anti-nukers. Probably both roles on both sides. I know I am town and I could nuke. BH and VE it seems can block nukes. RoL had a nuke too. Anyway I should start working on those cases.
Leave layabout. You can't draw any conclusions from those 2 posts besides that he seems to think about things that are happening instead of accepting everything. In my book, it is a town thing to do. I have no idea why WBG thinks he is scum.
Probably many modkills incoming, but keep your eyes on BM and GGQ who either said nothing so far or made one post.
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
July 17 2012 13:18 GMT
#763
On July 17 2012 18:43 syllogism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 18:41 supersoft wrote:
the nukes are modconfirmed. both kurumis and rols nukes were followed up by a modpost saying that they will go down at the end of the day. if this turns out to be trolling by the hosts we can still lynch kurumi tomorrow right?

That doesn't confirm they are actually real though, because in some setups with nukes anyone can "launch" a nuke but only real ones are actually lethal. It seems like an amazing coincidence for the person kurumi nuked to also have nukes.

Nuke me. Why are you scared of trying it out?
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 17 2012 13:18 GMT
#764
I wanna know what people think of HiroPro, coz I think he might be scum. There's some little things and then his behaviour surrounding BH.

Little things:

On July 17 2012 06:42 HiroPro wrote:
No I don't believe this. The directors can only "send orders to one minion every half cycle."


Quite willing to quote the OP when he's disproving someone else's point, but

On July 16 2012 22:10 HiroPro wrote:
The way I see it is in this setup, even if mafia has only 1 KP (and I would think 2 is more likely), 1 for 1 trades are good for them due to the sheer number of people they have.


hasn't read it enough to know mafia KP is set at 1 from the OP as well.

His behaviour with the random nuke thingy is bad as well. HiroPro is not Chezinu so I do not know why he was 'joking around' with pretending to nuke BH. I see no town motivation for this but the scum motivation of causing confusion and pulling out a town block is clear enough (lol jokes! isn't a defence).

On July 17 2012 01:56 HiroPro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 01:53 marvellosity wrote:
On July 17 2012 01:52 HiroPro wrote:
I don't really agree. I hold my vote all the time as town if I want to see a little more from that person.


and yet you're already so convinced here that you placed your vote?

lol!


Yes. I waited for BH to respond to Probulous/sandroba and he's acted scummy in his response.


Says he holds his vote all the time ---> places a vote 11 hours into Day 1 on the back of sandroba saying BH is 'artificial'.

BlazingHand things:

I remember reading scumQT in Magic mini where Hiro said he was basically just going to tunnel Navillus. Anyway, at first he seems unsure what's scummy about BH:

On July 16 2012 22:12 HiroPro wrote:
What about BH? Is it that he's basically disregarded Probulous's questioning?


But once sandroba calls him scum, Hiro is all over it.

On July 17 2012 01:38 HiroPro wrote:
I agree with sandroba: BH's posting looks very artificial.

His reasoning for ignoring Probulous doesn't make sense: Probulous's question is not invalid just because BH switched targets. And his logic for thinking that sandroba/syllo are scum is laughable.

##Vote Blazinghand


Regarding the bold, here and in the posts below I bold some of the reasoning for Hiro's vote. A lot of it seems to be of the thrust that BH is illogical, without ever explaining why illogical has to mean scummy. So in the post above we have "doesn't make sense" and "laughable".

On July 17 2012 02:07 HiroPro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 01:55 supersoft wrote:
On July 17 2012 01:54 HiroPro wrote:
On July 17 2012 01:52 marvellosity wrote:
It looks more to me like HiroPro is going gung-ho on the tails of the experienced players and leaping in positively to look good.


You can call it whatever you want. But I see a case that I think is good.


what exactly is your case about? What do you think of MZ?


It's not my case -_-

But BH voted strangely in his switch from Chezinu to MZ (the position that he took on Chezinu was pretty much a pressure to get him to change his style yet when MZ did something very similar, BH considers it scummy (yes I see the FoS without calling scum thing, I don't consider it very strong at all: I don't think anyone is arguing that Chezinu is scum - more that his playstyle is good for scum and bad for town)). He ignored Probulous for an illogical reason. And the way in which he's posting makes it seem as if he's coming up with reasons for his actions after he actually does them.

I don't have a strong read on MZ. He seems to be sincere in his dislike of the way Chezinu/q-bert are playing but it's a position that is fairly easy for scum to take too.


Voting strangely... illogical reason. There's no explanation of the scum agenda. Same with "makes it seem as if he's coming up with reasons for his actions after he actually does them" - why is this a scumtell? Is it not true that mafia will give their posts more thought at the time rather than just posting blather and having to make up shit to excuse it later? Also for everything he actually stresses in this post "it's not my case". This seems like a weak sidestepping of responsibility.

In short I don't like his given reasoning for going after BH, he doesn't try to demonstrate any scummy agenda. I asked wbg how you scumhunt scummily, and this is it.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
July 17 2012 13:26 GMT
#765
You guys write too much. And I don't think BH is scum, or at least, I did not think that back at page 23 or so when I left the thread.
Computer says mafia
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
July 17 2012 13:32 GMT
#766
On July 17 2012 22:18 Kurumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 18:43 syllogism wrote:
On July 17 2012 18:41 supersoft wrote:
the nukes are modconfirmed. both kurumis and rols nukes were followed up by a modpost saying that they will go down at the end of the day. if this turns out to be trolling by the hosts we can still lynch kurumi tomorrow right?

That doesn't confirm they are actually real though, because in some setups with nukes anyone can "launch" a nuke but only real ones are actually lethal. It seems like an amazing coincidence for the person kurumi nuked to also have nukes.

Nuke me. Why are you scared of trying it out?

You are right, there is no reason not to test this theory

##nuke Kurumi
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
July 17 2012 13:44 GMT
#767
Someone asked me if I think marvellosity is scum, and my answer is no.

I guess it ties into why I thought RL was an excellent idea in this game. The difference between this game and any other game is that there is no inter-mafia communication. They cannot decide, or bounce ideas on how to react to the suggestion, so all it would've taken to really turn up the heat was for a few townies to roll with me on the idea.

The main characteristic of a mafia player in this game is not going to be pushing an agenda or scheming, but much rather complete focus on surviving on their own. This is exactly what the random lynch plays out on, the fear of getting killed as a player.

I initially had some concerns about marvel, but I never felt anything conclusive. And I just read through the part of the thread where he's attempting to use role pm formatting to confirm players. Even if we assume mafia got fake pms, it's still probably something he's more likely to do as town. So with nothing else on him, I don't think he's scum atm.

More stuff coming up.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
July 17 2012 13:49 GMT
#768
MZ is one of my stronger scum suspicions. The main reason is the fact that he spent a lot of time chasing after opinions from me.

Now, asking people questions is generally good, but MZ has played with me enough times to understand that if I'm not going to answer something, I just don't. Nothing he can do can change that. If I'm intent on trolling, I will troll, and you can't do shit about it. He should be familiar with my personality now, so while someone like syllo just assumed I was trolling and ignored the issue, MZ kept harping on about getting me to respond.

Why would he do this? Not only is it an excellent way to contribute without ever risking contributing anything, because he was never going to get an answer for me, it's also a good set up for a later attack on me.
Computer says mafia
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
July 17 2012 14:03 GMT
#769
On July 17 2012 22:44 Palmar wrote:
The main characteristic of a mafia player in this game is not going to be pushing an agenda or scheming, but much rather complete focus on surviving on their own. This is exactly what the random lynch plays out on, the fear of getting killed as a player.

I've been thinking about the setup and I think Palmar nails it here. Basically everyone beside 3 CEOs are uninformed majority, and even they only know a fraction of their whole team. Thus all scum will be scared of pushing / lynching / hitting each other ala shooting GGQ in sleeper II, and so more than anything they will be focusing on survival.

BH fits this mold. WBG explains here.

##Vote: BlazingHand
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
July 17 2012 14:06 GMT
#770
layabout
Sloosh
Sandroba
Probulous
HiroPro
Foolishness
VisceraEyes
Bill Murray
Gonzaw
Meapak_Ziphh
Supersoft
austinmcc
Wherebugsgo
Katina
syllogism
GGQ
Blazinghand
Chezinu
Kurumi
rastaban
Mattchew
marvellosity
risk.nuke
Q-bert-Z
RebirthofLegend
Palmar
Zealos

Thank me later.
Computer says mafia
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
July 17 2012 14:11 GMT
#771
On July 17 2012 23:06 Palmar wrote:
layabout
Sloosh
Sandroba
Probulous
HiroPro
Foolishness
VisceraEyes
Bill Murray
Gonzaw
Meapak_Ziphh
Supersoft
austinmcc
Wherebugsgo
Katina
syllogism
GGQ
Blazinghand
Chezinu
Kurumi
rastaban
Mattchew
marvellosity
risk.nuke
Q-bert-Z
RebirthofLegend
Palmar
Zealos

Thank me later.

fixed that for ya
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
July 17 2012 14:11 GMT
#772
Oh, laya should be black. Forgot about him.
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 17 2012 14:15 GMT
#773
Palmar why do you think BH is town?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
July 17 2012 14:19 GMT
#774
Palmar do you seriously think I'm mafia?
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
July 17 2012 14:20 GMT
#775
On July 17 2012 23:19 syllogism wrote:
Palmar do you seriously think I'm mafia?


yeah.
Computer says mafia
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
July 17 2012 14:21 GMT
#776
Well you are bad at mafia then
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 17 2012 14:21 GMT
#777
Answer me plz :x
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
July 17 2012 14:23 GMT
#778
On July 17 2012 23:15 marvellosity wrote:
Palmar why do you think BH is town?


I share a lot of his initial reads and opinions. using his block against chezinu says nothing about his alignment as it's the only way he can respond, although I guess waiting for a mod to confirm the nuke would've been smarter. But I don't think BH is particularly smart, but he's loud and useful.
Computer says mafia
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 17 2012 14:24 GMT
#779
Ok. Why are you voting Kurumi when he's getting nuked?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
rastaban
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2294 Posts
July 17 2012 14:26 GMT
#780
On July 17 2012 23:23 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 23:15 marvellosity wrote:
Palmar why do you think BH is town?


I share a lot of his initial reads and opinions. using his block against chezinu says nothing about his alignment as it's the only way he can respond, although I guess waiting for a mod to confirm the nuke would've been smarter. But I don't think BH is particularly smart, but he's loud and useful.

Don't you think though as town he would have blocked the one on RoL when he learned Kurumi was mafia?
Tyler: "...damn it, that's StarCraft. Opening doors is what we do. Being the first to find food is the greatest pleasure a player can have!"
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 226 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko249
LamboSC2 117
Codebar 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23741
Calm 5957
Rain 2132
Bisu 1221
FanTaSy 838
Jaedong 454
Horang2 442
Rush 366
Soma 340
BeSt 251
[ Show more ]
Stork 228
Zeus 219
Mini 156
Light 119
Larva 110
Mong 90
Hyun 85
Barracks 84
Pusan 77
Mind 76
Snow 67
ZerO 66
910 66
Free 48
ToSsGirL 36
Killer 35
Yoon 32
NaDa 28
Sexy 28
Shinee 27
sorry 19
Hm[arnc] 14
Terrorterran 14
Noble 13
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6289
Counter-Strike
fl0m1395
olofmeister1077
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King70
Other Games
gofns56026
singsing1802
B2W.Neo543
dupreeh380
crisheroes281
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2214
Other Games
• WagamamaTV142
Upcoming Events
OSC
11h 23m
Big Brain Bouts
22h 23m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.