• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:13
CEST 18:13
KST 01:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8051 users

[TSL] Zerg Invites - Page 22

Forum Index > PokerStrategy.com TSL3 Forum
479 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 Next All
Subversive
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia2229 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-14 10:35:49
February 14 2011 10:34 GMT
#421
I've got mixed feelings about Boxer and Nada being the potential 4th and 5th's outside of MVP, MKP, Jinro. Boxer always impresses me with the freshness of his play, even when he loses and Nada is a good terran but...

I don't know. As much as the excitement side of me, ex-bw kid wants to see Nada and Boxer play another side would also like to see oGsTop, aLive, or Clyde. I guess I'm torn as to feeling that these two are actually the best next 2 terrans in the korean scene atm. Feels alot harder for all the races once you go past MC for toss, MKP,MVP for terran and Nestea, Idra, Fruitdealer for zerg. And even this doesn't seem certain in some cases.
#1 Great fan ~ // Khan // FlaSh // JangBi // EffOrt //
Bellygareth
Profile Joined October 2010
France512 Posts
February 14 2011 11:02 GMT
#422
That's probably the best invites possible. That will provide very interesting matchs and hype! hype! hype!

Ahaha now I can't wait for the TSL main event to start!
gryffindor
Profile Joined November 2009
United States524 Posts
February 14 2011 12:20 GMT
#423
I fully expect Haypro to smash Fruitdealer
i got blisters on me fingers
Silahsor
Profile Joined January 2011
Turkey59 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-14 14:01:12
February 14 2011 12:50 GMT
#424
I am afraid Haypro is not there yet to be amongst top 5. Morrow, Dimaga, July or LosirA might be a better pick.

User was warned for this post. Read the topic and inform yourself.
dwillow
Profile Joined October 2010
Czech Republic88 Posts
February 14 2011 13:02 GMT
#425
Lol i c IMMvP as terran invitie ... that wud be like another gsl
"Cause there's one thing i know.....some things r just worth fightin' for!!!!"
Subversive
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia2229 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-14 14:45:10
February 14 2011 13:16 GMT
#426
On February 14 2011 21:50 Silahsor wrote:
I am afraid Haypro is not there yet to be amongst top 5. Morrow, Dimaga, July or LosirA might be a better pick.

dude read the thread. Dimaga's excluded from this tsl for his ladder abuse last tsl. Morrow is competing through the TLOpens and these invites are for those from Korea.

edit: whoops, typo
#1 Great fan ~ // Khan // FlaSh // JangBi // EffOrt //
crazynarutard
Profile Joined August 2010
Suriname44 Posts
February 14 2011 14:40 GMT
#427
Do people really want Boxer and Nada over some of the other terrans out there? I understand that they're SC1 legends but they haven't been performing that well in SC2 so far. Why not have other terrans who are currently performing better, like: bomber, top or stc.
I do agree that jinro, mvp and mkp are must-invites
Burn2Memory
Profile Joined August 2010
United States574 Posts
February 14 2011 14:40 GMT
#428

On February 14 2011 14:05 Mr.Ch4rms wrote:

I think you have it backwards.

If TLO and Tyler weren't on NA/EU servers and didn't qualify otherwise -- and if they were in Korea like their teammates -- I'm sure they'd get a free pass into the tournament as well.

That being said, I'm past my initial HayprO-hate. It's their tournament and they can do whatever they want and... there's nothing really wrong with that.


Yea it's their own tournament, but it really makes the player pool a lot weaker if they are inviting their own team instead of more deserving players imo.

Korean players who have out performed haypro and did not recieve an invite:
oGsZenio
ImJunwi
Golden
NewDawn
Monster
Leenock
July
Check
JooktoJung
Moon
TheWind
Phoenix
Kyrix
Terious
Yugioh
Cezanne

I dunno about the rest of you, but seeing a player like Haypro get an invite over somone like July, Leenock, Zenio, or Check really dissapoints me.
NEOtheONE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2233 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-14 15:32:46
February 14 2011 15:32 GMT
#429
July and Zenio are definitely more qualified contenders, but it is a TL event, and they can invite whoever they want, such is life.
Abstracts, the too long didn't read of the educated world.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
February 14 2011 15:36 GMT
#430
To clarify, people are not being warned for posting about Haypro. They are being warned for not informing themselves properly of what the TSL invites are - an invite JUST for players on the Asian servers - not players from EU or NA.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
MDMA_
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada265 Posts
February 14 2011 17:17 GMT
#431
well its a TL tournament they CAN invite whoever they want
but haypro just hasnt preformed so far and thats just my opinion. He was invited into code A, ret made it and even though Huk was also invited into code A, he has like two accounts in top 10 korean ladder. There are plenty other zergs in code s/a that are more deserving but i do sort of agree TL inviting their own players i mean someone has to give them a chance/support them
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
February 14 2011 17:29 GMT
#432
On February 14 2011 23:40 Burn2Memory wrote:

Show nested quote +
On February 14 2011 14:05 Mr.Ch4rms wrote:

I think you have it backwards.

If TLO and Tyler weren't on NA/EU servers and didn't qualify otherwise -- and if they were in Korea like their teammates -- I'm sure they'd get a free pass into the tournament as well.

That being said, I'm past my initial HayprO-hate. It's their tournament and they can do whatever they want and... there's nothing really wrong with that.


Yea it's their own tournament, but it really makes the player pool a lot weaker if they are inviting their own team instead of more deserving players imo.

Korean players who have out performed haypro and did not recieve an invite:
oGsZenio
ImJunwi
Golden
NewDawn
Monster
Leenock
July
Check
JooktoJung
Moon
TheWind
Phoenix
Kyrix
Terious
Yugioh
Cezanne

I dunno about the rest of you, but seeing a player like Haypro get an invite over somone like July, Leenock, Zenio, or Check really dissapoints me.

Inviting one player of indeterminate, but high, quality into a pool of 32 players makes the whole player pool a lot weaker? That seems like a gross exaggeration. Or are you suggesting that HuK, Ret, and probably Jinro, don't deserve their spots either? That's the problem, you can't argue that TL is weakening the player pool by a lot with just one invitation, so you say they are inviting their whole team. But, the other invitees are all obvious choices, so you focus on Haypro's.

And to be sure, the only people who really know how good Haypro is have invited him to this tournament, seeing as none of us have really seen him play recently. The only tournaments that Haypro has played in he's done well in, and if we look at TL (as a team's) track record, I have faith that Haypro is going to kick ass as well. No-one knew about Jinro, he stayed in Korea, practised his ass off, went to MLG and won the tournament. Since then he's become a household name. No-one rated Ret that highly after his troubles in the last GSL and he just won Assembly in one of the most difficult tournaments we've seen to date. Even HuK, who didn't win Assembly, is rumoured to be incredibly strong at the moment, and he certainly looked good in Assembly. People underestimate the effects of living in a pro-house and practising in a Korean environment 24/7. No-one who's done it for an extended period of time has failed to impress yet, Haypro just hasn't been given the opportunity to do so.

With all this said, I really don't see how think inviting Haypro is a bad idea. No-one knows how he's going to perform, no-one knows how anyone is going to perform in a tournament as stacked as the TSL, but I'm dead certain Haypro won't make the player pool weaker. And as Drone mentioned, there's no way TL could have not invited him. The only reason he is unable to qualify via TL Opens is because he's gone to Korea to represent TL. Leaving him off of the roster for such a big tournament would be a major slap in the face, especially given his dedication and talent.
Moderator
TUski
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1258 Posts
February 14 2011 18:40 GMT
#433
TSL, Ret, Nestea, and Frootdeelurz???

I fainted.
"There is nothing more cool than being proud of the things that you love." - Day[9]
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
February 14 2011 18:47 GMT
#434
On February 14 2011 23:40 Burn2Memory wrote:
I dunno about the rest of you, but seeing a player like Haypro get an invite over somone like July, Leenock, Zenio, or Check really dissapoints me.


Whereas I would have loved to see July get an invite and I rate Zenio highly, Leenock and Check are generally overrated and I definitely don't see much of a difference between them and Haypro. In fact, from all the games I've seen, I would say Haypro is an overall better player than Check, and not a lot (if at all) worse than Leenock right now.

The thing is, people will just look at Code S/A brackets, see some names, and automatically decide something like "player A qualified for GSL, player B didn't, hence player A is genuinely better", which makes no sense at all right now because the scene is just shaping up. Going by that logic, you'd end up inviting people like choya and Rain.

Qualifiers are sick hard to get through and there's probably a dozen great players that either didn't make it to Code A or just qualified for the first time, as we could see in the GSTL recently. I'm pretty sure that if we had all the Code S players go through qualifiers again, at least a third of them wouldn't ever make it back to Code S again.

There's quite simply not that much that separates Haypro skill-wise from those other Zergs that didn't get invited. And when it's a close call like that, it makes sense for him to get invited in a TL-ran event.

raga4ka
Profile Joined February 2008
Bulgaria5679 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-14 19:08:38
February 14 2011 18:51 GMT
#435
I personally wouldn't want Boxer or Nada to be invited right now . And to be frank i would be really dissapointed if they get invited , because JulyZerg did not get invited . Otherwise i would have loved to see any of the players i mentioned above duke it out against the foreigners .
Liquid`Zephyr
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States996 Posts
February 14 2011 19:22 GMT
#436
goodluck ret and haypro!
Team LiquidPoorUser
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 14 2011 19:49 GMT
#437
I agree with some of the hate on the HayprO decision, but most of that comes from not having seen him play in quite some time. Same goes with Ret - I know he's a great player, and a solid zerg (last I knew, he was actually altogether too "solid" and standard) but I haven't seen him play recently, I don't know how he's performing. ST_July is currently playing better than fruitdealer. Kyrix is a fantastic player, and IMJunwi is nothing to sneeze at. While I can certainly see that Ret and HayprO (and fruitdealer) will provide some great games, I'm not sure if I would like to see Kyrix or junwi instead - and I would go so far as to say that I would trade any player who has so far qualified/been invited, with the exceptions of Nestea, IdrA, and oGsMC to see ST_july here.

As far as the terran invites are going to go...
IMMvP
MarinekingPrime
Liquid'Jinro
?
?

I'd really like to see Clide, Rainbow, or ST_bomber in this. Bomber missed out on Code A this time around, so we won't be seeing him for a while, but we know he's a beastly player. I suppose the obvious choice is to put Nada and Boxer in there, but I'm not sure how I feel about the selection. I'm torn - we shall have to see when the terran invites are released!
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 14 2011 19:57 GMT
#438
Haypro seems like the weakest out of that group mostly because his games in GSL were mostly disappointing although I'm sure he's better than most of the international players that have qualified so far. Would have liked to see zenio or kyrix invited. Haypro will do well as long as he doesn't go against an agreesive terran or korean in the first round. But this is the liquid tournament, and I fully support adding haypro to the invites for it.

To speculate on terrans,

Jinro
MVP
MKP
Top
Nada

are my top choices based on performance. They might add boxer since he's a big name or possibly thestc even though he isn't in gsl yet.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
xbankx
Profile Joined July 2010
703 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-14 20:31:00
February 14 2011 20:18 GMT
#439
On February 15 2011 02:29 Daigomi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2011 23:40 Burn2Memory wrote:

On February 14 2011 14:05 Mr.Ch4rms wrote:

I think you have it backwards.

If TLO and Tyler weren't on NA/EU servers and didn't qualify otherwise -- and if they were in Korea like their teammates -- I'm sure they'd get a free pass into the tournament as well.

That being said, I'm past my initial HayprO-hate. It's their tournament and they can do whatever they want and... there's nothing really wrong with that.


Yea it's their own tournament, but it really makes the player pool a lot weaker if they are inviting their own team instead of more deserving players imo.

Korean players who have out performed haypro and did not recieve an invite:
oGsZenio
ImJunwi
Golden
NewDawn
Monster
Leenock
July
Check
JooktoJung
Moon
TheWind
Phoenix
Kyrix
Terious
Yugioh
Cezanne

I dunno about the rest of you, but seeing a player like Haypro get an invite over somone like July, Leenock, Zenio, or Check really dissapoints me.

Inviting one player of indeterminate, but high, quality into a pool of 32 players makes the whole player pool a lot weaker? That seems like a gross exaggeration. Or are you suggesting that HuK, Ret, and probably Jinro, don't deserve their spots either? That's the problem, you can't argue that TL is weakening the player pool by a lot with just one invitation, so you say they are inviting their whole team. But, the other invitees are all obvious choices, so you focus on Haypro's.

And to be sure, the only people who really know how good Haypro is have invited him to this tournament, seeing as none of us have really seen him play recently. The only tournaments that Haypro has played in he's done well in, and if we look at TL (as a team's) track record, I have faith that Haypro is going to kick ass as well. No-one knew about Jinro, he stayed in Korea, practised his ass off, went to MLG and won the tournament. Since then he's become a household name. No-one rated Ret that highly after his troubles in the last GSL and he just won Assembly in one of the most difficult tournaments we've seen to date. Even HuK, who didn't win Assembly, is rumoured to be incredibly strong at the moment, and he certainly looked good in Assembly. People underestimate the effects of living in a pro-house and practising in a Korean environment 24/7. No-one who's done it for an extended period of time has failed to impress yet, Haypro just hasn't been given the opportunity to do so.

With all this said, I really don't see how think inviting Haypro is a bad idea. No-one knows how he's going to perform, no-one knows how anyone is going to perform in a tournament as stacked as the TSL, but I'm dead certain Haypro won't make the player pool weaker. And as Drone mentioned, there's no way TL could have not invited him. The only reason he is unable to qualify via TL Opens is because he's gone to Korea to represent TL. Leaving him off of the roster for such a big tournament would be a major slap in the face, especially given his dedication and talent.



The problem is if Jinro gets the invite noone is going to complain because he accomplished the most of all foreigners in sc2 then got the invite. Huk took first in MLG the biggest US tourny and consistently stayed at top 10 of US ladder for the longest period of time.Ret made top 32 losing in a very close 3 games which could have gone either way. He showed his macro power crushing his round of 64 player even a toss on jungle basin. He recently got first against the best European+American at Assembly.

Haypro got steamrolled by bitbybitprime and won a few team leagues games. Do I want to him to get to Code S and own it up? Hell yea! But do I think he deserves the invite over proven better players(oGsZenio or Kyrix or july) or more influential players(god of freaken war)? Nope.As I said before, new and upcoming players will not make TSL worse. I mean Haypro is probably better than some of the new player that qualified through qualifiers. But being an invitee to a tourney changes that and changes the standard. People don't look through an invitee list and think "meh, I heard of him before but he might do well but we aren't sure yet because well......"
dkim
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States255 Posts
February 14 2011 21:14 GMT
#440
haha I wonder who terran invites are. and toss wouldn't mind more invitee as there are +2 zergs in comparison ^^
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech146
Codebar 28
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1085
Mini 905
Soma 602
Shuttle 552
actioN 467
Rush 374
Light 316
ggaemo 311
Larva 293
Stork 293
[ Show more ]
BeSt 237
Horang2 216
Snow 170
hero 151
firebathero 120
Barracks 106
Dewaltoss 106
Aegong 73
Zeus 71
Shine 60
Shinee 55
Liquid`Ret 39
Sharp 39
Sexy 35
JYJ 30
soO 27
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 26
sorry 26
zelot 17
Rock 14
Trap 12
Sacsri 10
Terrorterran 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8648
qojqva2008
Dendi841
420jenkins152
Counter-Strike
fl0m1292
Fnx 776
x6flipin532
edward54
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5437
Grubby449
Other Games
singsing1479
B2W.Neo960
byalli496
Mlord330
ceh9288
Khaldor263
DeMusliM220
Liquid`VortiX159
KnowMe128
ArmadaUGS102
Beastyqt80
Trikslyr51
BRAT_OK 40
Railgan19
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV230
BasetradeTV222
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream178
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH249
• StrangeGG 73
• mYiSmile125
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 27
• FirePhoenix7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV362
League of Legends
• Nemesis2469
• TFBlade774
Other Games
• Shiphtur224
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 47m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 47m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.