• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:21
CEST 01:21
KST 08:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7862 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 990

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 988 989 990 991 992 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
April 28 2012 22:26 GMT
#19781
On April 29 2012 07:11 blubbdavid wrote:
Need. To. Spread. Rat. Poison.

Uh, oh, matter of time till bans incoming:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=332959


Must. Resist. Temptation. To. Bash. SC2.


...

really.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-28 23:30:27
April 28 2012 23:29 GMT
#19782
On April 29 2012 07:26 Praetorial wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 07:11 blubbdavid wrote:
Need. To. Spread. Rat. Poison.

Uh, oh, matter of time till bans incoming:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=332959


Must. Resist. Temptation. To. Bash. SC2.


...

really.


If I may speak on behalf of my client, I believe he was referring to this particular comment:


On April 29 2012 00:01 willkillson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2012 23:25 sc4k wrote:
It's cool how you get them to say GG and it might be cool if you made them do ceremonies when they win at something or do something awesome. But let's get things straight, I'll help kids love the better game brood war


You do know sc2 is a newer starcraft right?


Which would be understandably frustrating to read for a BW fan. I think it's a decent topic in in of itself, and i'm certain that My client, Mr. Blubb, was entirely referring to this particular comment when he made his earlier remarks.

If not, well, shit, you already paid the lawyer fees, didn't you?
memes are a dish best served dank
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
April 28 2012 23:59 GMT
#19783
Manit0u was just temp banned for 1 week by p4NDemik.

That account was created on 2004-08-16 10:09:19 and had 8585 posts.

Reason:
On April 29 2012 01:06 Haemonculus wrote:
Please don't start BW vs SC2 crap. Thanks.

On April 29 2012 07:21 Manit0u wrote:
I'm going to teach my kids to hate on SC2 and focus on games that are actually good.

Directly ignoring mod warning.


To be fair, he didn't actually say that BW was the "good" game. In fact, I'm fairly certain he was talking about Hello Kitty Island Adventure.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
April 29 2012 00:07 GMT
#19784
On April 29 2012 08:59 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
Manit0u was just temp banned for 1 week by p4NDemik.

That account was created on 2004-08-16 10:09:19 and had 8585 posts.

Reason:
On April 29 2012 01:06 Haemonculus wrote:
Please don't start BW vs SC2 crap. Thanks.

On April 29 2012 07:21 Manit0u wrote:
I'm going to teach my kids to hate on SC2 and focus on games that are actually good.

Directly ignoring mod warning.


To be fair, he didn't actually say that BW was the "good" game. In fact, I'm fairly certain he was talking about Hello Kitty Island Adventure.


Mani... dude... What will happen to the pics thread the coming week...

You were the chosen one! You were meant to bring balance to the funnies, not leave them in darkness!
memes are a dish best served dank
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
April 29 2012 00:07 GMT
#19785
On April 29 2012 08:59 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
Manit0u was just temp banned for 1 week by p4NDemik.

That account was created on 2004-08-16 10:09:19 and had 8585 posts.

Reason:
On April 29 2012 01:06 Haemonculus wrote:
Please don't start BW vs SC2 crap. Thanks.

On April 29 2012 07:21 Manit0u wrote:
I'm going to teach my kids to hate on SC2 and focus on games that are actually good.

Directly ignoring mod warning.


To be fair, he didn't actually say that BW was the "good" game. In fact, I'm fairly certain he was talking about Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

regardless, the random pic thread is gonna suck for a week.
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
April 29 2012 00:17 GMT
#19786
The random pic thread always sucks what are you guys fretting about.
Moderator
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
April 29 2012 00:19 GMT
#19787
On April 29 2012 09:17 p4NDemik wrote:
The random pic thread always sucks what are you guys fretting about.


Hahaha pretty much. There's a reason TL sequesters it all into one thread.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
April 29 2012 00:39 GMT
#19788
On April 29 2012 09:17 p4NDemik wrote:
The random pic thread always sucks what are you guys fretting about.


It's as good as it's gonna get on the internet in terms of humor.

On that note though, i'm wondering if the original pics thread (the NSFW one) was removed/galleried? or is it still available in the closed section?
memes are a dish best served dank
Myles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5162 Posts
April 29 2012 00:49 GMT
#19789
On April 29 2012 09:39 marttorn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 09:17 p4NDemik wrote:
The random pic thread always sucks what are you guys fretting about.


It's as good as it's gonna get on the internet in terms of humor.

On that note though, i'm wondering if the original pics thread (the NSFW one) was removed/galleried? or is it still available in the closed section?

It's galleried because google ads don't allow nudity iirc.
Moderator
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 29 2012 01:28 GMT
#19790
So I'm noticing a trend, but I'm not sure I feel like doing the research to back it up, so I'm just going to pull statistics out of my ass instead. It will sound cooler that way anyways.

As it turns out, a lot of TL users are eagerly anticipating the amusement of watching the page 1k of the ABL thread snipes and bans. Countless (as in, I didn't count, not as in I couldn't) users have martyred in the effort of spurring the discussion to those lofty heights.

However, there is a nearly perfect (with a ~100% potential margin of error) inverse ratio of new bans to discussion in the ABL Thread. After exhaustive research (well, research I didn't do because I was exhausted, close enough), I have determined that in every case (that I can recall off the top of my head, and my memory sucks), the ABL Thread seems to turn into a filler/offtopic thread used when people are NOT getting banned.

In recent history, we can blame this on TheToast, as there is a definite statistically relevant causal link between him being temped and the visible rise of bread puns. We can also blame motbob, as we know he likes to run over people's dogs, and then laugh when they get banned for speaking out against his evil canine genocide.
Jisall
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2054 Posts
April 29 2012 01:36 GMT
#19791
On April 29 2012 10:28 JingleHell wrote:
So I'm noticing a trend, but I'm not sure I feel like doing the research to back it up, so I'm just going to pull statistics out of my ass instead. It will sound cooler that way anyways.

As it turns out, a lot of TL users are eagerly anticipating the amusement of watching the page 1k of the ABL thread snipes and bans. Countless (as in, I didn't count, not as in I couldn't) users have martyred in the effort of spurring the discussion to those lofty heights.

However, there is a nearly perfect (with a ~100% potential margin of error) inverse ratio of new bans to discussion in the ABL Thread. After exhaustive research (well, research I didn't do because I was exhausted, close enough), I have determined that in every case (that I can recall off the top of my head, and my memory sucks), the ABL Thread seems to turn into a filler/offtopic thread used when people are NOT getting banned.

In recent history, we can blame this on TheToast, as there is a definite statistically relevant causal link between him being temped and the visible rise of bread puns. We can also blame motbob, as we know he likes to run over people's dogs, and then laugh when they get banned for speaking out against his evil canine genocide.


Are you asking TheToast to take one for the good of the community??
Monk: Because being a badass is more fun then playing a dude wearing a scarf.. ... Ite fuck it, Witch Doctor cuz I like killing stuff in a timely mannor.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 29 2012 01:40 GMT
#19792
On April 29 2012 10:36 Jisall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 10:28 JingleHell wrote:
So I'm noticing a trend, but I'm not sure I feel like doing the research to back it up, so I'm just going to pull statistics out of my ass instead. It will sound cooler that way anyways.

As it turns out, a lot of TL users are eagerly anticipating the amusement of watching the page 1k of the ABL thread snipes and bans. Countless (as in, I didn't count, not as in I couldn't) users have martyred in the effort of spurring the discussion to those lofty heights.

However, there is a nearly perfect (with a ~100% potential margin of error) inverse ratio of new bans to discussion in the ABL Thread. After exhaustive research (well, research I didn't do because I was exhausted, close enough), I have determined that in every case (that I can recall off the top of my head, and my memory sucks), the ABL Thread seems to turn into a filler/offtopic thread used when people are NOT getting banned.

In recent history, we can blame this on TheToast, as there is a definite statistically relevant causal link between him being temped and the visible rise of bread puns. We can also blame motbob, as we know he likes to run over people's dogs, and then laugh when they get banned for speaking out against his evil canine genocide.


Are you asking TheToast to take one for the good of the community??


Don't put words in my mouth. I'm clearly telling motbob not to join PETA.
Synwave
Profile Joined July 2009
United States2803 Posts
April 29 2012 01:48 GMT
#19793
On April 29 2012 10:40 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 10:36 Jisall wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:28 JingleHell wrote:
So I'm noticing a trend, but I'm not sure I feel like doing the research to back it up, so I'm just going to pull statistics out of my ass instead. It will sound cooler that way anyways.

As it turns out, a lot of TL users are eagerly anticipating the amusement of watching the page 1k of the ABL thread snipes and bans. Countless (as in, I didn't count, not as in I couldn't) users have martyred in the effort of spurring the discussion to those lofty heights.

However, there is a nearly perfect (with a ~100% potential margin of error) inverse ratio of new bans to discussion in the ABL Thread. After exhaustive research (well, research I didn't do because I was exhausted, close enough), I have determined that in every case (that I can recall off the top of my head, and my memory sucks), the ABL Thread seems to turn into a filler/offtopic thread used when people are NOT getting banned.

In recent history, we can blame this on TheToast, as there is a definite statistically relevant causal link between him being temped and the visible rise of bread puns. We can also blame motbob, as we know he likes to run over people's dogs, and then laugh when they get banned for speaking out against his evil canine genocide.


Are you asking TheToast to take one for the good of the community??


Don't put words in my mouth. I'm clearly telling motbob not to join PETA.

Hah!
*brings the cat inside*
>.>
♞Nerdrage is the cause of global warming♞
Jisall
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2054 Posts
April 29 2012 01:50 GMT
#19794
On April 29 2012 10:40 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 10:36 Jisall wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:28 JingleHell wrote:
So I'm noticing a trend, but I'm not sure I feel like doing the research to back it up, so I'm just going to pull statistics out of my ass instead. It will sound cooler that way anyways.

As it turns out, a lot of TL users are eagerly anticipating the amusement of watching the page 1k of the ABL thread snipes and bans. Countless (as in, I didn't count, not as in I couldn't) users have martyred in the effort of spurring the discussion to those lofty heights.

However, there is a nearly perfect (with a ~100% potential margin of error) inverse ratio of new bans to discussion in the ABL Thread. After exhaustive research (well, research I didn't do because I was exhausted, close enough), I have determined that in every case (that I can recall off the top of my head, and my memory sucks), the ABL Thread seems to turn into a filler/offtopic thread used when people are NOT getting banned.

In recent history, we can blame this on TheToast, as there is a definite statistically relevant causal link between him being temped and the visible rise of bread puns. We can also blame motbob, as we know he likes to run over people's dogs, and then laugh when they get banned for speaking out against his evil canine genocide.


Are you asking TheToast to take one for the good of the community??


Don't put words in my mouth. I'm clearly telling motbob not to join PETA.


Darn, I was looking forward to saying he got burnt...

On a side note we are closing in Gentlemen.
Monk: Because being a badass is more fun then playing a dude wearing a scarf.. ... Ite fuck it, Witch Doctor cuz I like killing stuff in a timely mannor.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
April 29 2012 01:53 GMT
#19795
On April 29 2012 10:36 Jisall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 10:28 JingleHell wrote:
So I'm noticing a trend, but I'm not sure I feel like doing the research to back it up, so I'm just going to pull statistics out of my ass instead. It will sound cooler that way anyways.

As it turns out, a lot of TL users are eagerly anticipating the amusement of watching the page 1k of the ABL thread snipes and bans. Countless (as in, I didn't count, not as in I couldn't) users have martyred in the effort of spurring the discussion to those lofty heights.

However, there is a nearly perfect (with a ~100% potential margin of error) inverse ratio of new bans to discussion in the ABL Thread. After exhaustive research (well, research I didn't do because I was exhausted, close enough), I have determined that in every case (that I can recall off the top of my head, and my memory sucks), the ABL Thread seems to turn into a filler/offtopic thread used when people are NOT getting banned.

In recent history, we can blame this on TheToast, as there is a definite statistically relevant causal link between him being temped and the visible rise of bread puns. We can also blame motbob, as we know he likes to run over people's dogs, and then laugh when they get banned for speaking out against his evil canine genocide.


Are you asking TheToast to take one for the good of the community??


Then I would miss page 1000....

On April 29 2012 10:50 Jisall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 10:40 JingleHell wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:36 Jisall wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:28 JingleHell wrote:
So I'm noticing a trend, but I'm not sure I feel like doing the research to back it up, so I'm just going to pull statistics out of my ass instead. It will sound cooler that way anyways.

As it turns out, a lot of TL users are eagerly anticipating the amusement of watching the page 1k of the ABL thread snipes and bans. Countless (as in, I didn't count, not as in I couldn't) users have martyred in the effort of spurring the discussion to those lofty heights.

However, there is a nearly perfect (with a ~100% potential margin of error) inverse ratio of new bans to discussion in the ABL Thread. After exhaustive research (well, research I didn't do because I was exhausted, close enough), I have determined that in every case (that I can recall off the top of my head, and my memory sucks), the ABL Thread seems to turn into a filler/offtopic thread used when people are NOT getting banned.

In recent history, we can blame this on TheToast, as there is a definite statistically relevant causal link between him being temped and the visible rise of bread puns. We can also blame motbob, as we know he likes to run over people's dogs, and then laugh when they get banned for speaking out against his evil canine genocide.


Are you asking TheToast to take one for the good of the community??


Don't put words in my mouth. I'm clearly telling motbob not to join PETA.


Darn, I was looking forward to saying he got burnt...

On a side note we are closing in Gentlemen.


This moves so slowly on weekends, bleh! Oh well, my post is almost ready. Apparently some people missed ETT's and Motbob's promise to temp anyone who posts on page 1000. (I have no idea how you missed that, lol) So just a heads up to anyone who didn't read the last few pages.....
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Jisall
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2054 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-29 01:57:48
April 29 2012 01:56 GMT
#19796
On April 29 2012 10:53 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 10:36 Jisall wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:28 JingleHell wrote:
So I'm noticing a trend, but I'm not sure I feel like doing the research to back it up, so I'm just going to pull statistics out of my ass instead. It will sound cooler that way anyways.

As it turns out, a lot of TL users are eagerly anticipating the amusement of watching the page 1k of the ABL thread snipes and bans. Countless (as in, I didn't count, not as in I couldn't) users have martyred in the effort of spurring the discussion to those lofty heights.

However, there is a nearly perfect (with a ~100% potential margin of error) inverse ratio of new bans to discussion in the ABL Thread. After exhaustive research (well, research I didn't do because I was exhausted, close enough), I have determined that in every case (that I can recall off the top of my head, and my memory sucks), the ABL Thread seems to turn into a filler/offtopic thread used when people are NOT getting banned.

In recent history, we can blame this on TheToast, as there is a definite statistically relevant causal link between him being temped and the visible rise of bread puns. We can also blame motbob, as we know he likes to run over people's dogs, and then laugh when they get banned for speaking out against his evil canine genocide.


Are you asking TheToast to take one for the good of the community??


Then I would miss page 1000....

Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 10:50 Jisall wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:40 JingleHell wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:36 Jisall wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:28 JingleHell wrote:
So I'm noticing a trend, but I'm not sure I feel like doing the research to back it up, so I'm just going to pull statistics out of my ass instead. It will sound cooler that way anyways.

As it turns out, a lot of TL users are eagerly anticipating the amusement of watching the page 1k of the ABL thread snipes and bans. Countless (as in, I didn't count, not as in I couldn't) users have martyred in the effort of spurring the discussion to those lofty heights.

However, there is a nearly perfect (with a ~100% potential margin of error) inverse ratio of new bans to discussion in the ABL Thread. After exhaustive research (well, research I didn't do because I was exhausted, close enough), I have determined that in every case (that I can recall off the top of my head, and my memory sucks), the ABL Thread seems to turn into a filler/offtopic thread used when people are NOT getting banned.

In recent history, we can blame this on TheToast, as there is a definite statistically relevant causal link between him being temped and the visible rise of bread puns. We can also blame motbob, as we know he likes to run over people's dogs, and then laugh when they get banned for speaking out against his evil canine genocide.


Are you asking TheToast to take one for the good of the community??


Don't put words in my mouth. I'm clearly telling motbob not to join PETA.


Darn, I was looking forward to saying he got burnt...

On a side note we are closing in Gentlemen.


This moves so slowly on weekends, bleh! Oh well, my post is almost ready. Apparently some people missed ETT's and Motbob's promise to temp anyone who posts on page 1000. (I have no idea how you missed that, lol) So just a heads up to anyone who didn't read the last few pages.....


Oh I have my plans for that page >.

I hope when i get back from the bar we will start having our stakeout to snipe one of the 20 posts.

Edit: I just had a thought. What if the mod's close this thread and spam images to take over the page, thus resulting in a mass mod self-bans. TL would be under seige of trolls for 2 days.
Monk: Because being a badass is more fun then playing a dude wearing a scarf.. ... Ite fuck it, Witch Doctor cuz I like killing stuff in a timely mannor.
Man with a Plan
Profile Joined January 2012
United States401 Posts
April 29 2012 02:02 GMT
#19797
Since everyone has plans for the 1000th page, I think we might as well have a list of ban requests for the page starting now, like an advanced premier show. I wonder how many would volunteer.
Yo!
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
April 29 2012 02:03 GMT
#19798
Mani . So wait, was that thread originally in BW general or something and then moved to SC2 gen or...?
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
April 29 2012 02:04 GMT
#19799
On April 29 2012 10:56 Jisall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 10:53 TheToast wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:36 Jisall wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:28 JingleHell wrote:
So I'm noticing a trend, but I'm not sure I feel like doing the research to back it up, so I'm just going to pull statistics out of my ass instead. It will sound cooler that way anyways.

As it turns out, a lot of TL users are eagerly anticipating the amusement of watching the page 1k of the ABL thread snipes and bans. Countless (as in, I didn't count, not as in I couldn't) users have martyred in the effort of spurring the discussion to those lofty heights.

However, there is a nearly perfect (with a ~100% potential margin of error) inverse ratio of new bans to discussion in the ABL Thread. After exhaustive research (well, research I didn't do because I was exhausted, close enough), I have determined that in every case (that I can recall off the top of my head, and my memory sucks), the ABL Thread seems to turn into a filler/offtopic thread used when people are NOT getting banned.

In recent history, we can blame this on TheToast, as there is a definite statistically relevant causal link between him being temped and the visible rise of bread puns. We can also blame motbob, as we know he likes to run over people's dogs, and then laugh when they get banned for speaking out against his evil canine genocide.


Are you asking TheToast to take one for the good of the community??


Then I would miss page 1000....

On April 29 2012 10:50 Jisall wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:40 JingleHell wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:36 Jisall wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:28 JingleHell wrote:
So I'm noticing a trend, but I'm not sure I feel like doing the research to back it up, so I'm just going to pull statistics out of my ass instead. It will sound cooler that way anyways.

As it turns out, a lot of TL users are eagerly anticipating the amusement of watching the page 1k of the ABL thread snipes and bans. Countless (as in, I didn't count, not as in I couldn't) users have martyred in the effort of spurring the discussion to those lofty heights.

However, there is a nearly perfect (with a ~100% potential margin of error) inverse ratio of new bans to discussion in the ABL Thread. After exhaustive research (well, research I didn't do because I was exhausted, close enough), I have determined that in every case (that I can recall off the top of my head, and my memory sucks), the ABL Thread seems to turn into a filler/offtopic thread used when people are NOT getting banned.

In recent history, we can blame this on TheToast, as there is a definite statistically relevant causal link between him being temped and the visible rise of bread puns. We can also blame motbob, as we know he likes to run over people's dogs, and then laugh when they get banned for speaking out against his evil canine genocide.


Are you asking TheToast to take one for the good of the community??


Don't put words in my mouth. I'm clearly telling motbob not to join PETA.


Darn, I was looking forward to saying he got burnt...

On a side note we are closing in Gentlemen.


This moves so slowly on weekends, bleh! Oh well, my post is almost ready. Apparently some people missed ETT's and Motbob's promise to temp anyone who posts on page 1000. (I have no idea how you missed that, lol) So just a heads up to anyone who didn't read the last few pages.....


Oh I have my plans for that page >.

I hope when i get back from the bar we will start having our stakeout to snipe one of the 20 posts.

Edit: I just had a thought. What if the mod's close this thread and spam images to take over the page, thus resulting in a mass mod self-bans. TL would be under seige of trolls for 2 days.


I don't think it's going to happen tonight. Still got like 9 pages to go, which is 180 posts. Maybe if we're lucky it will happen tomorrow. But I've got my post in a .txt file, I'll be ready whenever it happens :D
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 29 2012 02:09 GMT
#19800
On April 29 2012 11:04 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 10:56 Jisall wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:53 TheToast wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:36 Jisall wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:28 JingleHell wrote:
So I'm noticing a trend, but I'm not sure I feel like doing the research to back it up, so I'm just going to pull statistics out of my ass instead. It will sound cooler that way anyways.

As it turns out, a lot of TL users are eagerly anticipating the amusement of watching the page 1k of the ABL thread snipes and bans. Countless (as in, I didn't count, not as in I couldn't) users have martyred in the effort of spurring the discussion to those lofty heights.

However, there is a nearly perfect (with a ~100% potential margin of error) inverse ratio of new bans to discussion in the ABL Thread. After exhaustive research (well, research I didn't do because I was exhausted, close enough), I have determined that in every case (that I can recall off the top of my head, and my memory sucks), the ABL Thread seems to turn into a filler/offtopic thread used when people are NOT getting banned.

In recent history, we can blame this on TheToast, as there is a definite statistically relevant causal link between him being temped and the visible rise of bread puns. We can also blame motbob, as we know he likes to run over people's dogs, and then laugh when they get banned for speaking out against his evil canine genocide.


Are you asking TheToast to take one for the good of the community??


Then I would miss page 1000....

On April 29 2012 10:50 Jisall wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:40 JingleHell wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:36 Jisall wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:28 JingleHell wrote:
So I'm noticing a trend, but I'm not sure I feel like doing the research to back it up, so I'm just going to pull statistics out of my ass instead. It will sound cooler that way anyways.

As it turns out, a lot of TL users are eagerly anticipating the amusement of watching the page 1k of the ABL thread snipes and bans. Countless (as in, I didn't count, not as in I couldn't) users have martyred in the effort of spurring the discussion to those lofty heights.

However, there is a nearly perfect (with a ~100% potential margin of error) inverse ratio of new bans to discussion in the ABL Thread. After exhaustive research (well, research I didn't do because I was exhausted, close enough), I have determined that in every case (that I can recall off the top of my head, and my memory sucks), the ABL Thread seems to turn into a filler/offtopic thread used when people are NOT getting banned.

In recent history, we can blame this on TheToast, as there is a definite statistically relevant causal link between him being temped and the visible rise of bread puns. We can also blame motbob, as we know he likes to run over people's dogs, and then laugh when they get banned for speaking out against his evil canine genocide.


Are you asking TheToast to take one for the good of the community??


Don't put words in my mouth. I'm clearly telling motbob not to join PETA.


Darn, I was looking forward to saying he got burnt...

On a side note we are closing in Gentlemen.


This moves so slowly on weekends, bleh! Oh well, my post is almost ready. Apparently some people missed ETT's and Motbob's promise to temp anyone who posts on page 1000. (I have no idea how you missed that, lol) So just a heads up to anyone who didn't read the last few pages.....


Oh I have my plans for that page >.

I hope when i get back from the bar we will start having our stakeout to snipe one of the 20 posts.

Edit: I just had a thought. What if the mod's close this thread and spam images to take over the page, thus resulting in a mass mod self-bans. TL would be under seige of trolls for 2 days.


I don't think it's going to happen tonight. Still got like 9 pages to go, which is 180 posts. Maybe if we're lucky it will happen tomorrow. But I've got my post in a .txt file, I'll be ready whenever it happens :D


If you want, I could make a post saying "Sucking at SC2 is imbalanced" in the thread before I go to bed. Hell, I might do it page 999 just for shits and giggles.
Prev 1 988 989 990 991 992 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings39
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 172
SpeCial 54
CosmosSc2 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 601
910 57
Bale 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm89
League of Legends
Doublelift2589
Other Games
summit1g9016
shahzam630
C9.Mang0301
PiGStarcraft209
Maynarde106
JimRising 102
Vindicta12
Liquid`Ken11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick519
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• musti20045 39
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP28
• davetesta14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21472
Other Games
• imaqtpie711
• Shiphtur217
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 39m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
11h 39m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.