• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:10
CEST 15:10
KST 22:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War455.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7529 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 532

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 530 531 532 533 534 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
September 12 2011 00:57 GMT
#10621
Yeah, I actually thought about making an OP for 9/11, before I saw ETT's, but then I thought about what happens when people here talk about religion or politics, considered how thoughtless they can be for tragic news stories, and how vehemently they react to something as minor as X player losing to Y race.

I decided on the spot not to post in any related threads.
NicolBolas
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1388 Posts
September 12 2011 01:28 GMT
#10622
On September 12 2011 04:27 Aeres wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2011 04:24 Torte de Lini wrote:
Huge tragedy of bans in the 9/11 topic ):

A "tragedy" of bans? Is that what you call a group of them, like how you call a group of geese a "gaggle"?


Actually, I think it should be a "murder", like a murder of crows.
So you know, cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come up and talk to you, it's great. But if you try to talk to them, it doesn't always go so well. - Shigeru Miyamoto
sh4w
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States713 Posts
September 12 2011 02:08 GMT
#10623
HansMoleman was just banned by mahnini.

That account was created on 2010-04-04 13:58:42 and had 343 posts.

Reason: don't use a fucking smurf to post dumb shit in the 9/11 thread. this is a perm because of bad history + tactless trolling

Pro ban.
I wonder how many people actually make another account just to post dumb stuff on.
Sometimes people are just so...stupid
I want to go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird is all I've got. That and my sweet style.
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
September 12 2011 02:33 GMT
#10624
On September 12 2011 10:28 NicolBolas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2011 04:27 Aeres wrote:
On September 12 2011 04:24 Torte de Lini wrote:
Huge tragedy of bans in the 9/11 topic ):

A "tragedy" of bans? Is that what you call a group of them, like how you call a group of geese a "gaggle"?


Actually, I think it should be a "murder", like a murder of crows.


A murder of bans? -.- That could work, because some of the bans come from posts that just make me want to murder myself
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
bobwhiz
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States725 Posts
September 12 2011 03:24 GMT
#10625
On September 12 2011 11:33 CeriseCherries wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2011 10:28 NicolBolas wrote:
On September 12 2011 04:27 Aeres wrote:
On September 12 2011 04:24 Torte de Lini wrote:
Huge tragedy of bans in the 9/11 topic ):

A "tragedy" of bans? Is that what you call a group of them, like how you call a group of geese a "gaggle"?


Actually, I think it should be a "murder", like a murder of crows.


A murder of bans? -.- That could work, because some of the bans come from posts that just make me want to murder myself


A zenith of bans.

I felt a bit silly as I wrote that... but there it is, just lying there.

Also, when reading the closing messages to the 9/11 threads, I was struck by how cool our mods are. This is the best moderated forum I've ever been on. For an example of super-fail, check out the "Fighting Fundamentalist Forums." 0 moderation. Flamewars all day.
Signatures are simply a cover for having no personality. -Kiante
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
September 12 2011 17:24 GMT
#10626

MrProphylactic was just temp banned for 30 days by EvilTeletubby.

That account was created on 2010-09-09 11:59:36 and had 273 posts.

Reason:

On September 11 2011 02:53 MrProphylactic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2011 00:26 Seldentar wrote:
On September 10 2011 14:41 Ng5 wrote:
I have a while now so let me check out all the votes so far and the drama that unfolded.

Getting back at you soon, guys.

God I already felt it was the third day last night and it's only been two now, right?

Edit: I will fucking kill someone. Just get ready for blood. And I'm not even reading everything and not even half way through yet.


LOLZ oh noe we've awakened da beast! We better get ready guys, cause I have a STRONG feeling Ng5 is going to unleash Fritz on us with 3k elo. Or he's going to beast mode. Either or...



I sure hope he wont unleash Fritz (although I fear Rybka (well I guess it is a clone of fruit they say now) a great deal more, Fritz is beatable ) Because using programs is against the spirit and honor system of this event ????

Show nested quote +

Ng5 wrote
Edit: And that was my way of sarcasm. I don't even have the game saved anymore. Because it doesn't matter. Just like the rating of my opponent. It's like the cemetery... Deep below we are all the same.
Last edit: 2011-09-10 16:42:59



Dooh you got me!! That game I posted had absolutely nothing to do with the fact I find it very interesting as a Pirc.player ???.
I can see why you think the game is taken seriously after I said it was just for fun in the description and neither of us were playing in a serious manner . Who would have thought you are a clairivoyant !!!!!!! It seems I have been focusing on self-improvement in the wrong manner all I have to do to learn about myself and my intentions is come to team liquid .Have you considered the marketability of your talents as a psychic??? You could probably make a killing at those carnival-guess-the-weight games .
Alas I need to learn from you the method of posting any of my games or tactical puzzles from my games, while remaining devoid of ego .
As when you do it that is most assuredly the case .
If it wasn't for your Jesus-like altruism I would be detecting quite a few double-standards at this point


well.. maybe I am being a tad sarcastic as well
Show nested quote +


edit:

Ng5 said ":Masters have told me before that I could coach them"

ng5 said "And that was my way of sarcasm. I don't even have the game saved anymore. Because it doesn't matter. Just like the rating of my opponent. It's like the cemetery... Deep below we are all the same.



I cannot help but see the irony when comparing the measure of those two statements


Just a little more sarcasm Ah but everyone does have their own unique measuring stick for objectivity

User was temp banned for this post.


Quit being an asshole. Seeing as you've made it for an entire year without me noticing you (and yes, I remember you), you must have improved at least a little bit. I'm thinking there might be some hope for you - please don't prove me wrong.



That guy was really mucking up / derailing the chess game thread... the world is now a better place. He's not a bad chess player, though.

Just out of curiosity, what did he do a year ago?
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
September 12 2011 19:51 GMT
#10627
oesis was just temp banned for 2 days by Zelniq.

That account was created on 2010-08-18 10:34:23 and had 90 posts.

Reason: troll threads like this are not acceptable


Yeah, if you're going to troll, do it well. Utterly unconvincing.
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
September 12 2011 21:39 GMT
#10628
On September 11 2011 16:17 Probe1 wrote:
Did anyone else notice a variety of people banning today? It's almost as if there were a fantasy league for staff members out there somewhere.

Hmm.



That's why the last two pages have 0 Nyovne bans. Other mods stealing his thunder.

Even TL.net bot did not like its inclusion on the anti-team and banned someone.
bobwhiz
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States725 Posts
September 13 2011 02:51 GMT
#10629
On September 13 2011 06:39 andrewlt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2011 16:17 Probe1 wrote:
Did anyone else notice a variety of people banning today? It's almost as if there were a fantasy league for staff members out there somewhere.

Hmm.



That's why the last two pages have 0 Nyovne bans. Other mods stealing his thunder.

Even TL.net bot did not like its inclusion on the anti-team and banned someone.


Talk about conflict of interests! =P
Signatures are simply a cover for having no personality. -Kiante
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
September 13 2011 03:39 GMT
#10630
Lol not really - if the ban is justified then the poster is going to be banned, it's just a matter of who gets there first. Nice to see the staff motivated :p
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
Nyovne
Profile Joined March 2006
Netherlands19141 Posts
September 13 2011 06:26 GMT
#10631
I was away for the weekend with my woman and had a full day of meetings yesterday from 8 am to 11 PM so that doesn't help either . Plus it's kinda mandatory, there have been threats of being banned from staff drafting events and LFL .
ModeratorFor remember, that in the end, some are born to live, others born to die. I belong to those last, born to burn, born to cry. For I shall remain alone... forsaken.
Nella
Profile Joined July 2011
United States64 Posts
September 13 2011 07:02 GMT
#10632
Hi, my ip seems banned. I can't view the site from my home computer, but can with my iPhone on 3G. I didn't do anything... In fact, i haven't posted in weeks. Is it possible my ip was hijacked through proxy, or something to that effect? ):
Nyovne
Profile Joined March 2006
Netherlands19141 Posts
September 13 2011 07:04 GMT
#10633
On September 13 2011 16:02 Nella wrote:
Hi, my ip seems banned. I can't view the site from my home computer, but can with my iPhone on 3G. I didn't do anything... In fact, i haven't posted in weeks. Is it possible my ip was hijacked through proxy, or something to that effect? ):

Your user information page contains no moderation notes or effects. In other words, you are not banned or ever have been.
ModeratorFor remember, that in the end, some are born to live, others born to die. I belong to those last, born to burn, born to cry. For I shall remain alone... forsaken.
Nella
Profile Joined July 2011
United States64 Posts
September 13 2011 07:09 GMT
#10634
On September 13 2011 16:04 Nyovne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2011 16:02 Nella wrote:
Hi, my ip seems banned. I can't view the site from my home computer, but can with my iPhone on 3G. I didn't do anything... In fact, i haven't posted in weeks. Is it possible my ip was hijacked through proxy, or something to that effect? ):

Your user information page contains no moderation notes or effects. In other words, you are not banned or ever have been.


Oh, that's a relief. So am I just experiencing a technical issue? Because I can't seem to connect to just this website, everywhere else works. I figured an ip ban is the only thing that can cause this.
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
September 13 2011 07:41 GMT
#10635
On September 13 2011 02:24 Blazinghand wrote:

MrProphylactic was just temp banned for 30 days by EvilTeletubby.

That account was created on 2010-09-09 11:59:36 and had 273 posts.

Reason:

Show nested quote +
On September 11 2011 02:53 MrProphylactic wrote:
On September 11 2011 00:26 Seldentar wrote:
On September 10 2011 14:41 Ng5 wrote:
I have a while now so let me check out all the votes so far and the drama that unfolded.

Getting back at you soon, guys.

God I already felt it was the third day last night and it's only been two now, right?

Edit: I will fucking kill someone. Just get ready for blood. And I'm not even reading everything and not even half way through yet.


LOLZ oh noe we've awakened da beast! We better get ready guys, cause I have a STRONG feeling Ng5 is going to unleash Fritz on us with 3k elo. Or he's going to beast mode. Either or...



I sure hope he wont unleash Fritz (although I fear Rybka (well I guess it is a clone of fruit they say now) a great deal more, Fritz is beatable ) Because using programs is against the spirit and honor system of this event ????


Ng5 wrote
Edit: And that was my way of sarcasm. I don't even have the game saved anymore. Because it doesn't matter. Just like the rating of my opponent. It's like the cemetery... Deep below we are all the same.
Last edit: 2011-09-10 16:42:59



Dooh you got me!! That game I posted had absolutely nothing to do with the fact I find it very interesting as a Pirc.player ???.
I can see why you think the game is taken seriously after I said it was just for fun in the description and neither of us were playing in a serious manner . Who would have thought you are a clairivoyant !!!!!!! It seems I have been focusing on self-improvement in the wrong manner all I have to do to learn about myself and my intentions is come to team liquid .Have you considered the marketability of your talents as a psychic??? You could probably make a killing at those carnival-guess-the-weight games .
Alas I need to learn from you the method of posting any of my games or tactical puzzles from my games, while remaining devoid of ego .
As when you do it that is most assuredly the case .
If it wasn't for your Jesus-like altruism I would be detecting quite a few double-standards at this point


well.. maybe I am being a tad sarcastic as well


edit:

Ng5 said ":Masters have told me before that I could coach them"

ng5 said "And that was my way of sarcasm. I don't even have the game saved anymore. Because it doesn't matter. Just like the rating of my opponent. It's like the cemetery... Deep below we are all the same.



I cannot help but see the irony when comparing the measure of those two statements


Just a little more sarcasm Ah but everyone does have their own unique measuring stick for objectivity

User was temp banned for this post.


Quit being an asshole. Seeing as you've made it for an entire year without me noticing you (and yes, I remember you), you must have improved at least a little bit. I'm thinking there might be some hope for you - please don't prove me wrong.



That guy was really mucking up / derailing the chess game thread... the world is now a better place. He's not a bad chess player, though.

Just out of curiosity, what did he do a year ago?


He posted under the aptly named moniker of chessmaster, where he acted not too differently than he does now (basically a huge douche, although it was even worse back then).

I don't generally share PM's, but let's just say he was an even bigger self-righteous douchebag when he found out he was banned.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-13 08:34:20
September 13 2011 08:28 GMT
#10636
Is anyone else surprised that so few warns and no bans were handed out in this thread http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=264952 ?
I get that people were like wtf in the first few pages of the thread but after a few minutes numerous people proved that the OP was untrue and people still went on ranting about just arbitrary things just for the sake of it and derailed the thread.Even without any testing I as many other people managed to logically come to the conclusion that the OP was probably bullshit or a bug.People posted one liners just for the sake of it,even now after the mod edit people are ranting>_<.Feel like mods should start punishing obvious stupidity at least with warns because people hit that post button just for the sake of it,but that's just me maybe....
Cackle™
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 13 2011 15:36 GMT
#10637
It's not obvious stupidity. People don't read the first post if they've already read it before or get the gist of it.

It's common laziness.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
September 13 2011 15:43 GMT
#10638
That thread just needs to be closed. Maybe 1 in 5 will come away with an accurate understanding and the rest will say wtf?!
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
September 13 2011 16:11 GMT
#10639
On September 14 2011 00:36 Torte de Lini wrote:
It's not obvious stupidity. People don't read the first post if they've already read it before or get the gist of it.

It's common laziness.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=17883#cmd03
And that's precisely why I was surprised,but whatever.
Cackle™
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-13 17:00:01
September 13 2011 16:15 GMT
#10640
On September 14 2011 00:43 Probe1 wrote:
That thread just needs to be closed. Maybe 1 in 5 will come away with an accurate understanding and the rest will say wtf?!


The worst part is that people are still flipping out despite the fact that the thread title has been edited to include "UNTRUE -->" at the start, and the OP contains the tests people ran that showed it is a non-issue.

What it means is somehow people are not only failing to read the discussion, but they're failing to read the OP, and actually somehow failing to read the thread title >:|

EDIT: wait, really?! this is my 1500th post?! I WAS GONNA DO SOMETHING SPECIAL BUT IT TURNS OUT THAT I'M JUST WHINING ABOUT + Show Spoiler +
BAD PEOPLE
WHINING

At least I'm a goliath though
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Prev 1 530 531 532 533 534 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 246
TKL 195
CranKy Ducklings88
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Reynor vs herOLIVE!
RotterdaM1151
IndyStarCraft 210
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1151
Lowko452
IndyStarCraft 199
TKL 195
Rex 100
ProTech49
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 61586
Free 2711
Jaedong 2223
BeSt 719
Horang2 323
firebathero 211
Zeus 185
Hyun 111
Last 109
Pusan 73
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 59
soO 26
Aegong 22
Yoon 19
scan(afreeca) 19
Noble 14
910 13
Trap 13
Sacsri 11
zelot 9
Rock 4
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6230
Dendi888
XaKoH 391
canceldota63
Other Games
gofns38392
singsing2440
B2W.Neo553
byalli396
Pyrionflax297
ToD203
DeMusliM123
Beastyqt68
QueenE62
Liquid`VortiX57
Mlord0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV223
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP22
• Gemini_19 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1836
• WagamamaTV501
League of Legends
• Jankos3347
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 50m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 50m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.