• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:18
CEST 18:18
KST 01:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10093 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 2980

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2978 2979 2980 2981 2982 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
March 08 2018 03:48 GMT
#59581
On March 08 2018 12:44 Plansix wrote:
I enjoyed how the daughter was "collateral damage". Classy. I love it when posters cheer on an assassination attempt.


That's pretty standard fare around here (particularly the US in general). I'm really struggling to find what makes this comment seem so out of bounds to so many people?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-08 04:01:16
March 08 2018 03:54 GMT
#59582
LegalLord gets arguments (a skill that evades dozens in US Pol) and typically writes clearly. And yet, somewhere deep down, the motherland dictates some edgy text that's really sociopathic. I'd say he's a smart man with his demons.

On March 08 2018 12:48 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2018 12:44 Plansix wrote:
I enjoyed how the daughter was "collateral damage". Classy. I love it when posters cheer on an assassination attempt.


That's pretty standard fare around here (particularly the US in general). I'm really struggling to find what makes this comment seem so out of bounds to so many people?

If he dithered for a sentence or two on the exact same conclusion, he'd be identical to around a quarter of posters in the US Pol thread. It's the succinct thought that damns him here. But I understand that moderation has to operate efficiently in the model of this website, so it has a large systemic component.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-08 04:06:36
March 08 2018 04:05 GMT
#59583
On March 08 2018 12:54 Danglars wrote:
LegalLord gets arguments (a skill that evades dozens in US Pol) and typically writes clearly. And yet, somewhere deep down, the motherland dictates some edgy text that's really sociopathic. I'd say he's a smart man with his demons.

Show nested quote +
On March 08 2018 12:48 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 08 2018 12:44 Plansix wrote:
I enjoyed how the daughter was "collateral damage". Classy. I love it when posters cheer on an assassination attempt.


That's pretty standard fare around here (particularly the US in general). I'm really struggling to find what makes this comment seem so out of bounds to so many people?

If he dithered for a sentence or two on the exact same conclusion, he'd be identical to around a quarter of posters in the US Pol thread. It's the succinct thought that damns him here. But I understand that moderation has to operate efficiently in the model of this website, so it has a large systemic component.


I guess, I just don't get it. Seems more like hurt feelings than a particularly egregious comment. I've heard worse out of the Obama administration (and liberals in general) so it just doesn't strike me as beyond the norm. Maybe there's something I'm missing, but this simply isn't that bad of a comment relatively imo.

"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-08 13:07:31
March 08 2018 04:12 GMT
#59584
On March 08 2018 13:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2018 12:54 Danglars wrote:
LegalLord gets arguments (a skill that evades dozens in US Pol) and typically writes clearly. And yet, somewhere deep down, the motherland dictates some edgy text that's really sociopathic. I'd say he's a smart man with his demons.

On March 08 2018 12:48 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 08 2018 12:44 Plansix wrote:
I enjoyed how the daughter was "collateral damage". Classy. I love it when posters cheer on an assassination attempt.


That's pretty standard fare around here (particularly the US in general). I'm really struggling to find what makes this comment seem so out of bounds to so many people?

If he dithered for a sentence or two on the exact same conclusion, he'd be identical to around a quarter of posters in the US Pol thread. It's the succinct thought that damns him here. But I understand that moderation has to operate efficiently in the model of this website, so it has a large systemic component.


I guess, I just don't get it. Seems more like hurt feelings than a particularly egregious comment. I've heard worse out of the Obama administration (and liberals in general) so it just doesn't strike me as beyond the norm. Maybe there's something I'm missing, but this simply isn't that bad of a comment relatively imo.

Keep in mind that not all moderators think the same way. What I deem as an inappropriate comment and a bannable offense may not be the same for others, and vice versa.

Also keep in mind that certain users on this site have already burned many bridges and have a terrible mod note page or pages. In those instances, we won't be as lenient as we would be to other relatively "newer" offenders.

Looking at LL's mod page, he does not have a good track record with us. Him, along with a handful of others, are always walking on eggshells on this site. In those cases, when we carry out a mod action on them, the duration is often longer because we have given them enough second chances.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-08 04:22:15
March 08 2018 04:21 GMT
#59585
On March 08 2018 13:12 Seeker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2018 13:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 08 2018 12:54 Danglars wrote:
LegalLord gets arguments (a skill that evades dozens in US Pol) and typically writes clearly. And yet, somewhere deep down, the motherland dictates some edgy text that's really sociopathic. I'd say he's a smart man with his demons.

On March 08 2018 12:48 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 08 2018 12:44 Plansix wrote:
I enjoyed how the daughter was "collateral damage". Classy. I love it when posters cheer on an assassination attempt.


That's pretty standard fare around here (particularly the US in general). I'm really struggling to find what makes this comment seem so out of bounds to so many people?

If he dithered for a sentence or two on the exact same conclusion, he'd be identical to around a quarter of posters in the US Pol thread. It's the succinct thought that damns him here. But I understand that moderation has to operate efficiently in the model of this website, so it has a large systemic component.


I guess, I just don't get it. Seems more like hurt feelings than a particularly egregious comment. I've heard worse out of the Obama administration (and liberals in general) so it just doesn't strike me as beyond the norm. Maybe there's something I'm missing, but this simply isn't that bad of a comment relatively imo.

Keep in mind that not all moderators think the same way. What I deem as an inappropriate comment and a bannable offense may not be the same for others, and vice versa.

Also keep in mind that certain users on this site have already burned many bridges and have a terrible mod note page or pages. In those instances, we won't be as lenient as we would be to other relatively "newer" offenders.

Looking at LL's mod page, he does not have a good track record with us. Him, along with a handful of others, are always walking on eggshells on this site. In those cases, when we carry out a mod action on them, the sentences are harsher because we have given them enough second chances.


Yeah that's kinda what I was getting at with hurt feelings. Certainly appears to be a situation where someone was personally offended because this particular comment struck too close to home and then lashed out and justified it (perhaps legitimately) with a bad posting history from LL.

Which is fine, your house and all, just seemed people were acting all aghast as if he had crossed some clear line. While to me it appeared that the victims LL didn't show any particular affinity toward we're more valued (by someone with moderation power) than the people who are more regularly treated with comparable disregard and by someone with a notably disliked posting history. Then people pretending to be (or were just displaying a shocking lack of self-awareness?) offended.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8928 Posts
March 08 2018 05:53 GMT
#59586
how many mod notes fit on one page
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
March 08 2018 06:39 GMT
#59587
On March 08 2018 14:53 evilfatsh1t wrote:
how many mod notes fit on one page

20, just like a normal TL thread.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
March 08 2018 07:55 GMT
#59588
So if a particular user has too many mod notes, do the mods buy TL+ to be able to see them all at once?
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
March 08 2018 08:29 GMT
#59589
On March 08 2018 16:55 opisska wrote:
So if a particular user has too many mod notes, do the mods buy TL+ to be able to see them all at once?


I somehow doubt that any one user has 1000 mod notes.
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
March 08 2018 09:43 GMT
#59590
On March 08 2018 17:29 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2018 16:55 opisska wrote:
So if a particular user has too many mod notes, do the mods buy TL+ to be able to see them all at once?


I somehow doubt that any one user has 1000 mod notes.


Maybe if they merged all fluidrone's accounts? The banning system just provides so many opportunities for cool features that a normal user never sees. I wonder how large is the percentage of TL's code dedicated to all things banning
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
fluidrone
Profile Blog Joined January 2015
France1478 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-08 11:02:02
March 08 2018 10:59 GMT
#59591
On March 08 2018 18:43 opisska wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2018 17:29 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On March 08 2018 16:55 opisska wrote:
So if a particular user has too many mod notes, do the mods buy TL+ to be able to see them all at once?


I somehow doubt that any one user has 1000 mod notes.


Maybe if they merged all fluidrone's accounts? The banning system just provides so many opportunities for cool features that a normal user never sees. I wonder how large is the percentage of TL's code dedicated to all things banning

mmm i'm more like a 50 pages tops, no?
talk to stimey or murphy charlie, they probably would qualify no?

i completely lost the taste for spamming on forums ..
i spam in live chats
"not enough rights"
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-08 15:45:24
March 08 2018 15:42 GMT
#59592
On March 08 2018 12:48 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2018 12:44 Plansix wrote:
I enjoyed how the daughter was "collateral damage". Classy. I love it when posters cheer on an assassination attempt.


That's pretty standard fare around here (particularly the US in general). I'm really struggling to find what makes this comment seem so out of bounds to so many people?

The UK pol thread is not the US pol thread. Please don't try to lower the rest of the forum to its standard. Maybe you do, but culturally we don't normally consider expressing satisfaction to a savage murder as civilised. Thank you.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
March 08 2018 16:13 GMT
#59593
On March 09 2018 00:42 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2018 12:48 GreenHorizons wrote:
On March 08 2018 12:44 Plansix wrote:
I enjoyed how the daughter was "collateral damage". Classy. I love it when posters cheer on an assassination attempt.


That's pretty standard fare around here (particularly the US in general). I'm really struggling to find what makes this comment seem so out of bounds to so many people?

The UK pol thread is not the US pol thread. Please don't try to lower the rest of the forum to its standard. Maybe you do, but culturally we don't normally consider expressing satisfaction to a savage murder as civilised. Thank you.


I'm not there frequently enough to know for sure, but I'd wager a guess that it's not such a stretch. Not sure he was celebrating so much as marking it as an unsurprising fate either.

Either way, I'd rather see the standard comparably raised in the US thread rather than lowered in the UK thread.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
March 08 2018 16:49 GMT
#59594
Nonsense. They chased bardtown out of there with the most vile accusations of anti-brown people and pathetic straw men. It only takes on the appearance of elevated discussion when you abide by the British center-lefts norms.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-08 19:37:29
March 08 2018 19:37 GMT
#59595
C'mon guys, don't make it into "Ask zlefin 2.0", pretty please.

I must say I only now read LL's ban reason and I am terrified a bit. Sure, I hate that guy to some extent and I make fun about being happy he's gone for a while, but I'd be sad if he got permed. It's absurd to ban someone just for showing a political stance, in particular when it is a political stance shared by some hundred million people - and believe me, many things that LL show are just a window into the mind of a Russian person. Here with the added bonus that the person actually has more intellect than vodka in their skull. So yeah, there are reasons to keep him around.

I somewhat see why he got banned for what he wrote, but even that was more emotional than logical. Didn't westerners rejoice when bin Laden was killed? Or any other "enemy of the western civilization". This poisoned guy was just the same thing to many Russians (the pro-regime ones that are apparently still a strong majority in the country). Pretending it's not true won't make this fact disappear.
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
March 08 2018 20:14 GMT
#59596
LL's ban is being discussed among the mods. Just because a mod made the ban, that does not mean that we automatically all approve of it.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Sent.
Profile Joined June 2012
Poland9331 Posts
March 08 2018 20:25 GMT
#59597
Oh wow, it was Kwark who banned him. It makes this controversial ban even more controversial. Legolord won't let anyone forget about this.

LegalLord was just temp banned for 1 week by KwarK.

That account was created on 2013-04-06 03:39:42 and had 11170 posts.

Reason: Honestly I just don't know why we keep you around here. You have literally no redeeming qualities. None.
You're now breathing manually
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-08 20:35:14
March 08 2018 20:34 GMT
#59598
We all know LL well enough that post pure bait. It was meant to anger people. It would be akin too going into the US pol threat the day of a terrorist attack and posting “justice for years of drone strikes.”

LL can be pro Russia, but the guy needs to pick his moments.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
March 08 2018 20:35 GMT
#59599
This is good, we can always use another juicy ban dispute.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
March 08 2018 20:36 GMT
#59600
On March 09 2018 05:34 Plansix wrote:
It would be akin too going into the US pol threat the day of a terrorist attack and posting “justice for years of drone strikes.”


Let's all agree to that next time there is an opportunity
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
Prev 1 2978 2979 2980 2981 2982 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem373
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 373
IndyStarCraft 165
Railgan 73
BRAT_OK 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59022
Shuttle 3136
Horang2 490
BeSt 415
Larva 365
ggaemo 240
Soma 174
Mind 148
Dewaltoss 86
Last 84
[ Show more ]
Sexy 80
Zeus 75
hero 74
Sea.KH 50
Killer 47
Hyun 47
Bale 32
Aegong 31
ToSsGirL 31
PianO 25
NaDa 21
Rock 15
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5634
qojqva2896
Dendi1527
420jenkins427
Fuzer 137
Counter-Strike
fl0m3641
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1325
Liquid`Hasu1099
Grubby795
MindelVK17
Other Games
singsing1792
FrodaN1447
B2W.Neo1174
byalli1001
Beastyqt711
Mlord501
ArmadaUGS211
Hui .181
KnowMe136
QueenE93
Mew2King59
CosmosSc2 27
Chillindude22
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick927
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 58
• niya90s2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4243
League of Legends
• Nemesis2947
Other Games
• WagamamaTV223
• Shiphtur223
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 42m
Replay Cast
6h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 42m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
18h 42m
Monday Night Weeklies
23h 42m
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 18h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.