• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:21
CEST 17:21
KST 00:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9366 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 2667

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2665 2666 2667 2668 2669 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
February 04 2016 08:25 GMT
#53321
On February 04 2016 17:18 Diabolique wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 16:38 Seeker wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:32 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.


Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot

Good idea. If I got the original warning from a mod, I would have answered to him that it is a mistake and we could clarify the situation.

On February 04 2016 16:22 Phredxor wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.


Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot


I think he's referring to the fact that straight after explaining he now knows the rules he double posted.

Well, I have seen people doing what I did = marking the second post with "double post" and they were not banned ... so I thought, this might be OK if I do it as well? :-)

On February 04 2016 16:29 Seeker wrote:
My tone was half joking half serious. I'm not a stick up my ass, old, stingy, and cranky mod yet

But Phredxor is right. He double posted on the previous page. I'm pretty sure on purpose too
On February 04 2016 16:15 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.

I just don't understand, WHY? I would even not know, it is a rule, if I was not banned for it ...

And when I do not understand the reason, I do not see a way how to follow it. Am I allowed to do a double / triple / quadruple post, if the posts will be let's say a few days from each other? As an example - I am trying to do some posts in the sOs Fan club thread. Almost noone else is active there. So I come back there after a few days with something new, and I see, the last post (a few days old) is mine. Does that mean, I am not allowed to post a new post? Or do I need to edit the last post adn add the new ideas into the old post? What a bullshit!

Multiple posting in fan clubs is perfectly fine. Mods shouldn't action you for that. Multiple posting in LR threads and threads that have heavy discussions going on is not. It gets spammy and annoying. And if we allow one person to do it then we have to allow everyone to do it. Then chaos breaks out and no one can really understand what anyone is saying.


OK, this makes more sense now if it is allowed in fan clubs ... and the multiple posting in heavy discussions I do every day without a problem, as there is always someone posting between my posts. The problem are the "slow threads" ... so is there another exception than fan clubs?


This is so stupid to answer to three posts in one post :-)

How you did it just now is correct. Quote multiple times and put it all into one post. Thank you for doing that.
If it's a really slowly moving thread and you don't want to get warned or banned for multiple posting, then post in here, PM a mod, or go to the Ask TL Staff Anything thread and ask us if it's okay to multi-post. We'll take a look at it, and if we think multiple posting should be allowed in that situation, we'll give you the thumbs up.
Btw, if you post, then someone posts in between your next post, that is not multiple posting. That's just posting

Look, Seeker, I really like you and respect you. But I do not think, I will be using this "answering in one post" much. Because this is a nonsense and I do not like it. But I promise, I will be very careful with any further double postings. Mostly, I will just not do the second post. So:

1. In fast flowing discussions, I do not care, I will just post quickly, in 90% of cases, somebody else writes in between my posts.

2. In sOs fanclub, I will not care if my posts are several days away from each other or describe another topic completely.

3. If I will want to make a double post in a slow moving thread, I will for sure not contact you or the mods and ask for permission, this is just some stupid discussion and I believe, your (and my) time is too valuable to contact you with something so stupid. So in these cases, I will consider whether it is reasonable in that particular situation to make a double post instead of putting it into the old post, and if yes, I will do the double post. In the worst case, I will be banned again for 2 days and that is nothing, I can't live with, just the mods of TL would fall in my eyes one level deeper.

Honestly, you should be fine. Most mods aren't THAT anal about double/multiple posting unless it's a constant and repeated offense. Just have fun with posting on TL and if you do get mod actioned, you can always ask about it in Website Feedback. Mods are there to help you and answer all your questions. We're not here to make your lives miserable (contrary to popular belief).
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-04 08:37:58
February 04 2016 08:31 GMT
#53322
On February 04 2016 17:24 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 17:18 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:38 Seeker wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:32 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.


Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot

Good idea. If I got the original warning from a mod, I would have answered to him that it is a mistake and we could clarify the situation.

On February 04 2016 16:22 Phredxor wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.


Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot


I think he's referring to the fact that straight after explaining he now knows the rules he double posted.

Well, I have seen people doing what I did = marking the second post with "double post" and they were not banned ... so I thought, this might be OK if I do it as well? :-)

On February 04 2016 16:29 Seeker wrote:
My tone was half joking half serious. I'm not a stick up my ass, old, stingy, and cranky mod yet

But Phredxor is right. He double posted on the previous page. I'm pretty sure on purpose too
On February 04 2016 16:15 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.

I just don't understand, WHY? I would even not know, it is a rule, if I was not banned for it ...

And when I do not understand the reason, I do not see a way how to follow it. Am I allowed to do a double / triple / quadruple post, if the posts will be let's say a few days from each other? As an example - I am trying to do some posts in the sOs Fan club thread. Almost noone else is active there. So I come back there after a few days with something new, and I see, the last post (a few days old) is mine. Does that mean, I am not allowed to post a new post? Or do I need to edit the last post adn add the new ideas into the old post? What a bullshit!

Multiple posting in fan clubs is perfectly fine. Mods shouldn't action you for that. Multiple posting in LR threads and threads that have heavy discussions going on is not. It gets spammy and annoying. And if we allow one person to do it then we have to allow everyone to do it. Then chaos breaks out and no one can really understand what anyone is saying.


OK, this makes more sense now if it is allowed in fan clubs ... and the multiple posting in heavy discussions I do every day without a problem, as there is always someone posting between my posts. The problem are the "slow threads" ... so is there another exception than fan clubs?


This is so stupid to answer to three posts in one post :-)

How you did it just now is correct. Quote multiple times and put it all into one post. Thank you for doing that.
If it's a really slowly moving thread and you don't want to get warned or banned for multiple posting, then post in here, PM a mod, or go to the Ask TL Staff Anything thread and ask us if it's okay to multi-post. We'll take a look at it, and if we think multiple posting should be allowed in that situation, we'll give you the thumbs up.
Btw, if you post, then someone posts in between your next post, that is not multiple posting. That's just posting

Look, Seeker, I really like you and respect you. But I do not think, I will be using this "answering in one post" much. Because this is a nonsense and I do not like it. But I promise, I will be very careful with any further double postings. Mostly, I will just not do the second post. So:

1. In fast flowing discussions, I do not care, I will just post quickly, in 90% of cases, somebody else writes in between my posts.

2. In sOs fanclub, I will not care if my posts are several days away from each other or describe another topic completely.

3. If I will want to make a double post in a slow moving thread, I will for sure not contact you or the mods and ask for permission, this is just some stupid discussion and I believe, your (and my) time is too valuable to contact you with something so stupid. So in these cases, I will consider whether it is reasonable in that particular situation to make a double post instead of putting it into the old post, and if yes, I will do the double post. In the worst case, I will be banned again for 2 days and that is nothing, I can't live with, just the mods of TL would fall in my eyes one level deeper.


Dude. You take your posting way too seriously.

Trust me, I don't, but I was banned for it and became a 'topic' in this thread, saying I am double / triple / quadruple posting because ... I do not know why ... So as FPL made me to come back to TL, I just wanted to clarify the situation.

BTW:
Cascade, thanks for the post, that is how I feel it as well. The only thing that time - I did not understand the warning from the TL.bot. I thought, it was just some error from the bot, who did not see, I was reacting to completely different posts - I was banned for the posts on the top of the page: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/500618-dh-leipzig-details-announced?page=10 .
Seeker, thanks for the last post, I hope it will be OK in the future :-)
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
February 04 2016 08:37 GMT
#53323
Banning people for making two posts with the same username next to each other isn't strict enough! Even two posts with the same country of residence should be be bannable ...
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
February 04 2016 08:40 GMT
#53324
On February 04 2016 17:15 Phredxor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 17:14 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:11 Phredxor wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:10 Seeker wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:02 Cascade wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:29 Seeker wrote:
Multiple posting in fan clubs is perfectly fine. Mods shouldn't action you for that. Multiple posting in LR threads and threads that have heavy discussions going on is not. It gets spammy and annoying. And if we allow one person to do it then we have to allow everyone to do it. Then chaos breaks out and no one can really understand what anyone is saying.

Hmm, I don't feel you quite hit the mark on the explanation here. Honestly, the reason Mystique gave made more sense to me.

I don't feel the key thing that allows multiposting is related to how fast the topic moves. Rather, it is just a matter of clear layout of your contribution. The end goal is readability. If you are sticking to one subject, better to write your sub-points in paragraphs or something, so people can see that it is all from the same person. If you are posting on very different topics inside a thread, it is ok to use separate posts. it should be a choice in the same way you chose to split up paragraphs, punctuate, and so on.

In the LR example, I'd say it is ok to use separate posts if you are commenting on why sOs decided to go so heavy DTs in last game, discussing soO's rumoured new build on the upcoming map, and exactly how hungover tasteless is. If there are three separate reply-chains on those subjects, I don't see the reason to cram them all in the same post.

But Mystique, if you get a warning for double posting, automated or not, and you go on to triple (or quadruple?) post a few hours later, you are not really in a position to claim ignorance. You got the warning, chose to ignore it, and suffered the consequences. Entirely your fault, motivated ban or not, sorry.

I'm lazy and didn't feel like giving a long explanation. Also, who is Mystique?


Was just about to ask this too..


From the context he means Diabolique I think.


That's what I assumed, but it's really different name to get it mixed up with :s

haha, oops. You are right ofc. Sorry whatsname.
Phredxor
Profile Joined May 2013
New Zealand15076 Posts
February 04 2016 08:44 GMT
#53325
On February 04 2016 17:40 Cascade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 17:15 Phredxor wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:14 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:11 Phredxor wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:10 Seeker wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:02 Cascade wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:29 Seeker wrote:
Multiple posting in fan clubs is perfectly fine. Mods shouldn't action you for that. Multiple posting in LR threads and threads that have heavy discussions going on is not. It gets spammy and annoying. And if we allow one person to do it then we have to allow everyone to do it. Then chaos breaks out and no one can really understand what anyone is saying.

Hmm, I don't feel you quite hit the mark on the explanation here. Honestly, the reason Mystique gave made more sense to me.

I don't feel the key thing that allows multiposting is related to how fast the topic moves. Rather, it is just a matter of clear layout of your contribution. The end goal is readability. If you are sticking to one subject, better to write your sub-points in paragraphs or something, so people can see that it is all from the same person. If you are posting on very different topics inside a thread, it is ok to use separate posts. it should be a choice in the same way you chose to split up paragraphs, punctuate, and so on.

In the LR example, I'd say it is ok to use separate posts if you are commenting on why sOs decided to go so heavy DTs in last game, discussing soO's rumoured new build on the upcoming map, and exactly how hungover tasteless is. If there are three separate reply-chains on those subjects, I don't see the reason to cram them all in the same post.

But Mystique, if you get a warning for double posting, automated or not, and you go on to triple (or quadruple?) post a few hours later, you are not really in a position to claim ignorance. You got the warning, chose to ignore it, and suffered the consequences. Entirely your fault, motivated ban or not, sorry.

I'm lazy and didn't feel like giving a long explanation. Also, who is Mystique?


Was just about to ask this too..


From the context he means Diabolique I think.


That's what I assumed, but it's really different name to get it mixed up with :s

haha, oops. You are right ofc. Sorry whatsname.


I'll let you off since you're probably in mourning due to your awful cricket team.
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-04 08:50:08
February 04 2016 08:48 GMT
#53326
On February 04 2016 17:31 Diabolique wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 17:24 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:18 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:38 Seeker wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:32 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.


Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot

Good idea. If I got the original warning from a mod, I would have answered to him that it is a mistake and we could clarify the situation.

On February 04 2016 16:22 Phredxor wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.


Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot


I think he's referring to the fact that straight after explaining he now knows the rules he double posted.

Well, I have seen people doing what I did = marking the second post with "double post" and they were not banned ... so I thought, this might be OK if I do it as well? :-)

On February 04 2016 16:29 Seeker wrote:
My tone was half joking half serious. I'm not a stick up my ass, old, stingy, and cranky mod yet

But Phredxor is right. He double posted on the previous page. I'm pretty sure on purpose too
On February 04 2016 16:15 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.

I just don't understand, WHY? I would even not know, it is a rule, if I was not banned for it ...

And when I do not understand the reason, I do not see a way how to follow it. Am I allowed to do a double / triple / quadruple post, if the posts will be let's say a few days from each other? As an example - I am trying to do some posts in the sOs Fan club thread. Almost noone else is active there. So I come back there after a few days with something new, and I see, the last post (a few days old) is mine. Does that mean, I am not allowed to post a new post? Or do I need to edit the last post adn add the new ideas into the old post? What a bullshit!

Multiple posting in fan clubs is perfectly fine. Mods shouldn't action you for that. Multiple posting in LR threads and threads that have heavy discussions going on is not. It gets spammy and annoying. And if we allow one person to do it then we have to allow everyone to do it. Then chaos breaks out and no one can really understand what anyone is saying.


OK, this makes more sense now if it is allowed in fan clubs ... and the multiple posting in heavy discussions I do every day without a problem, as there is always someone posting between my posts. The problem are the "slow threads" ... so is there another exception than fan clubs?


This is so stupid to answer to three posts in one post :-)

How you did it just now is correct. Quote multiple times and put it all into one post. Thank you for doing that.
If it's a really slowly moving thread and you don't want to get warned or banned for multiple posting, then post in here, PM a mod, or go to the Ask TL Staff Anything thread and ask us if it's okay to multi-post. We'll take a look at it, and if we think multiple posting should be allowed in that situation, we'll give you the thumbs up.
Btw, if you post, then someone posts in between your next post, that is not multiple posting. That's just posting

Look, Seeker, I really like you and respect you. But I do not think, I will be using this "answering in one post" much. Because this is a nonsense and I do not like it. But I promise, I will be very careful with any further double postings. Mostly, I will just not do the second post. So:

1. In fast flowing discussions, I do not care, I will just post quickly, in 90% of cases, somebody else writes in between my posts.

2. In sOs fanclub, I will not care if my posts are several days away from each other or describe another topic completely.

3. If I will want to make a double post in a slow moving thread, I will for sure not contact you or the mods and ask for permission, this is just some stupid discussion and I believe, your (and my) time is too valuable to contact you with something so stupid. So in these cases, I will consider whether it is reasonable in that particular situation to make a double post instead of putting it into the old post, and if yes, I will do the double post. In the worst case, I will be banned again for 2 days and that is nothing, I can't live with, just the mods of TL would fall in my eyes one level deeper.


Dude. You take your posting way too seriously.

Trust me, I don't, but I was banned for it and became a 'topic' in this thread, saying I am double / triple / quadruple posting because ... I do not know why ... So as FPL made me to come back to TL, I just wanted to clarify the situation.

BTW:
Cascade, thanks for the post, that is how I feel it as well. The only thing that time - I did not understand the warning from the TL.bot. I thought, it was just some error from the bot, who did not see, I was reacting to completely different posts - I was banned for the posts on the top of the page: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/500618-dh-leipzig-details-announced?page=10 .
Seeker, thanks for the last post, I hope it will be OK in the future :-)


If your passion is double posting. Just do LRs man. (espacially the one in the morning)

On February 04 2016 17:37 opisska wrote:
Banning people for making two posts with the same username next to each other isn't strict enough! Even two posts with the same country of residence should be be bannable ...


Damnit. I wanted to say the same thing with 2 Jin Air Flair and i saw Phredox had a KT one
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
Wrath
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
3175 Posts
February 04 2016 08:49 GMT
#53327
Do we take this as a ban request?

[image loading]

FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
February 04 2016 08:50 GMT
#53328
HAHAHA Wrath.
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-04 08:58:19
February 04 2016 08:52 GMT
#53329
On February 04 2016 17:48 FFW_Rude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 17:31 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:24 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:18 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:38 Seeker wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:32 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.


Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot

Good idea. If I got the original warning from a mod, I would have answered to him that it is a mistake and we could clarify the situation.

On February 04 2016 16:22 Phredxor wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.


Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot


I think he's referring to the fact that straight after explaining he now knows the rules he double posted.

Well, I have seen people doing what I did = marking the second post with "double post" and they were not banned ... so I thought, this might be OK if I do it as well? :-)

On February 04 2016 16:29 Seeker wrote:
My tone was half joking half serious. I'm not a stick up my ass, old, stingy, and cranky mod yet

But Phredxor is right. He double posted on the previous page. I'm pretty sure on purpose too
On February 04 2016 16:15 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.

I just don't understand, WHY? I would even not know, it is a rule, if I was not banned for it ...

And when I do not understand the reason, I do not see a way how to follow it. Am I allowed to do a double / triple / quadruple post, if the posts will be let's say a few days from each other? As an example - I am trying to do some posts in the sOs Fan club thread. Almost noone else is active there. So I come back there after a few days with something new, and I see, the last post (a few days old) is mine. Does that mean, I am not allowed to post a new post? Or do I need to edit the last post adn add the new ideas into the old post? What a bullshit!

Multiple posting in fan clubs is perfectly fine. Mods shouldn't action you for that. Multiple posting in LR threads and threads that have heavy discussions going on is not. It gets spammy and annoying. And if we allow one person to do it then we have to allow everyone to do it. Then chaos breaks out and no one can really understand what anyone is saying.


OK, this makes more sense now if it is allowed in fan clubs ... and the multiple posting in heavy discussions I do every day without a problem, as there is always someone posting between my posts. The problem are the "slow threads" ... so is there another exception than fan clubs?


This is so stupid to answer to three posts in one post :-)

How you did it just now is correct. Quote multiple times and put it all into one post. Thank you for doing that.
If it's a really slowly moving thread and you don't want to get warned or banned for multiple posting, then post in here, PM a mod, or go to the Ask TL Staff Anything thread and ask us if it's okay to multi-post. We'll take a look at it, and if we think multiple posting should be allowed in that situation, we'll give you the thumbs up.
Btw, if you post, then someone posts in between your next post, that is not multiple posting. That's just posting

Look, Seeker, I really like you and respect you. But I do not think, I will be using this "answering in one post" much. Because this is a nonsense and I do not like it. But I promise, I will be very careful with any further double postings. Mostly, I will just not do the second post. So:

1. In fast flowing discussions, I do not care, I will just post quickly, in 90% of cases, somebody else writes in between my posts.

2. In sOs fanclub, I will not care if my posts are several days away from each other or describe another topic completely.

3. If I will want to make a double post in a slow moving thread, I will for sure not contact you or the mods and ask for permission, this is just some stupid discussion and I believe, your (and my) time is too valuable to contact you with something so stupid. So in these cases, I will consider whether it is reasonable in that particular situation to make a double post instead of putting it into the old post, and if yes, I will do the double post. In the worst case, I will be banned again for 2 days and that is nothing, I can't live with, just the mods of TL would fall in my eyes one level deeper.


Dude. You take your posting way too seriously.

Trust me, I don't, but I was banned for it and became a 'topic' in this thread, saying I am double / triple / quadruple posting because ... I do not know why ... So as FPL made me to come back to TL, I just wanted to clarify the situation.

BTW:
Cascade, thanks for the post, that is how I feel it as well. The only thing that time - I did not understand the warning from the TL.bot. I thought, it was just some error from the bot, who did not see, I was reacting to completely different posts - I was banned for the posts on the top of the page: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/500618-dh-leipzig-details-announced?page=10 .
Seeker, thanks for the last post, I hope it will be OK in the future :-)


If your passion is double posting. Just do LRs man. (espacially the one in the morning)

Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 17:37 opisska wrote:
Banning people for making two posts with the same username next to each other isn't strict enough! Even two posts with the same country of residence should be be bannable ...


Damnit. I wanted to say the same thing with 2 Jin Air Flair and i saw Phredox had a KT one

OMG! Why should be my passion double posting???? I had even no idea that something like that exists when I was banned. And what is LR?
EDIT: no idea: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LR
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
February 04 2016 09:02 GMT
#53330
On February 04 2016 17:48 FFW_Rude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 17:31 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:24 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:18 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:38 Seeker wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:32 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.


Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot

Good idea. If I got the original warning from a mod, I would have answered to him that it is a mistake and we could clarify the situation.

On February 04 2016 16:22 Phredxor wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.


Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot


I think he's referring to the fact that straight after explaining he now knows the rules he double posted.

Well, I have seen people doing what I did = marking the second post with "double post" and they were not banned ... so I thought, this might be OK if I do it as well? :-)

On February 04 2016 16:29 Seeker wrote:
My tone was half joking half serious. I'm not a stick up my ass, old, stingy, and cranky mod yet

But Phredxor is right. He double posted on the previous page. I'm pretty sure on purpose too
On February 04 2016 16:15 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.

I just don't understand, WHY? I would even not know, it is a rule, if I was not banned for it ...

And when I do not understand the reason, I do not see a way how to follow it. Am I allowed to do a double / triple / quadruple post, if the posts will be let's say a few days from each other? As an example - I am trying to do some posts in the sOs Fan club thread. Almost noone else is active there. So I come back there after a few days with something new, and I see, the last post (a few days old) is mine. Does that mean, I am not allowed to post a new post? Or do I need to edit the last post adn add the new ideas into the old post? What a bullshit!

Multiple posting in fan clubs is perfectly fine. Mods shouldn't action you for that. Multiple posting in LR threads and threads that have heavy discussions going on is not. It gets spammy and annoying. And if we allow one person to do it then we have to allow everyone to do it. Then chaos breaks out and no one can really understand what anyone is saying.


OK, this makes more sense now if it is allowed in fan clubs ... and the multiple posting in heavy discussions I do every day without a problem, as there is always someone posting between my posts. The problem are the "slow threads" ... so is there another exception than fan clubs?


This is so stupid to answer to three posts in one post :-)

How you did it just now is correct. Quote multiple times and put it all into one post. Thank you for doing that.
If it's a really slowly moving thread and you don't want to get warned or banned for multiple posting, then post in here, PM a mod, or go to the Ask TL Staff Anything thread and ask us if it's okay to multi-post. We'll take a look at it, and if we think multiple posting should be allowed in that situation, we'll give you the thumbs up.
Btw, if you post, then someone posts in between your next post, that is not multiple posting. That's just posting

Look, Seeker, I really like you and respect you. But I do not think, I will be using this "answering in one post" much. Because this is a nonsense and I do not like it. But I promise, I will be very careful with any further double postings. Mostly, I will just not do the second post. So:

1. In fast flowing discussions, I do not care, I will just post quickly, in 90% of cases, somebody else writes in between my posts.

2. In sOs fanclub, I will not care if my posts are several days away from each other or describe another topic completely.

3. If I will want to make a double post in a slow moving thread, I will for sure not contact you or the mods and ask for permission, this is just some stupid discussion and I believe, your (and my) time is too valuable to contact you with something so stupid. So in these cases, I will consider whether it is reasonable in that particular situation to make a double post instead of putting it into the old post, and if yes, I will do the double post. In the worst case, I will be banned again for 2 days and that is nothing, I can't live with, just the mods of TL would fall in my eyes one level deeper.


Dude. You take your posting way too seriously.

Trust me, I don't, but I was banned for it and became a 'topic' in this thread, saying I am double / triple / quadruple posting because ... I do not know why ... So as FPL made me to come back to TL, I just wanted to clarify the situation.

BTW:
Cascade, thanks for the post, that is how I feel it as well. The only thing that time - I did not understand the warning from the TL.bot. I thought, it was just some error from the bot, who did not see, I was reacting to completely different posts - I was banned for the posts on the top of the page: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/500618-dh-leipzig-details-announced?page=10 .
Seeker, thanks for the last post, I hope it will be OK in the future :-)


If your passion is double posting. Just do LRs man. (espacially the one in the morning)

Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 17:37 opisska wrote:
Banning people for making two posts with the same username next to each other isn't strict enough! Even two posts with the same country of residence should be be bannable ...


Damnit. I wanted to say the same thing with 2 Jin Air Flair and i saw Phredox had a KT one


Thought about it too as it would have worked as well, but god distracted by a phone call... But that would also be twice the graphics editing for CaptainObviousSCII up there and I don't know how well would have he handled that

Anyway, the rules against double posting are pretty silly and probably just a remnant from the days where this place was run by 15yearolds pretending to be the rightful and though guys at least online, when making up rules like that was the pinnacle of their social existence. If you look around, you see more things like that which just don't make much sense now. This whole "let young frats people grow up on an online board" is a pretty interesting social experiment.
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
Wrath
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
3175 Posts
February 04 2016 09:17 GMT
#53331
On February 04 2016 17:52 Diabolique wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 17:48 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:31 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:24 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:18 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:38 Seeker wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:32 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.


Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot

Good idea. If I got the original warning from a mod, I would have answered to him that it is a mistake and we could clarify the situation.

On February 04 2016 16:22 Phredxor wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.


Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot


I think he's referring to the fact that straight after explaining he now knows the rules he double posted.

Well, I have seen people doing what I did = marking the second post with "double post" and they were not banned ... so I thought, this might be OK if I do it as well? :-)

On February 04 2016 16:29 Seeker wrote:
My tone was half joking half serious. I'm not a stick up my ass, old, stingy, and cranky mod yet

But Phredxor is right. He double posted on the previous page. I'm pretty sure on purpose too
On February 04 2016 16:15 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.

I just don't understand, WHY? I would even not know, it is a rule, if I was not banned for it ...

And when I do not understand the reason, I do not see a way how to follow it. Am I allowed to do a double / triple / quadruple post, if the posts will be let's say a few days from each other? As an example - I am trying to do some posts in the sOs Fan club thread. Almost noone else is active there. So I come back there after a few days with something new, and I see, the last post (a few days old) is mine. Does that mean, I am not allowed to post a new post? Or do I need to edit the last post adn add the new ideas into the old post? What a bullshit!

Multiple posting in fan clubs is perfectly fine. Mods shouldn't action you for that. Multiple posting in LR threads and threads that have heavy discussions going on is not. It gets spammy and annoying. And if we allow one person to do it then we have to allow everyone to do it. Then chaos breaks out and no one can really understand what anyone is saying.


OK, this makes more sense now if it is allowed in fan clubs ... and the multiple posting in heavy discussions I do every day without a problem, as there is always someone posting between my posts. The problem are the "slow threads" ... so is there another exception than fan clubs?


This is so stupid to answer to three posts in one post :-)

How you did it just now is correct. Quote multiple times and put it all into one post. Thank you for doing that.
If it's a really slowly moving thread and you don't want to get warned or banned for multiple posting, then post in here, PM a mod, or go to the Ask TL Staff Anything thread and ask us if it's okay to multi-post. We'll take a look at it, and if we think multiple posting should be allowed in that situation, we'll give you the thumbs up.
Btw, if you post, then someone posts in between your next post, that is not multiple posting. That's just posting

Look, Seeker, I really like you and respect you. But I do not think, I will be using this "answering in one post" much. Because this is a nonsense and I do not like it. But I promise, I will be very careful with any further double postings. Mostly, I will just not do the second post. So:

1. In fast flowing discussions, I do not care, I will just post quickly, in 90% of cases, somebody else writes in between my posts.

2. In sOs fanclub, I will not care if my posts are several days away from each other or describe another topic completely.

3. If I will want to make a double post in a slow moving thread, I will for sure not contact you or the mods and ask for permission, this is just some stupid discussion and I believe, your (and my) time is too valuable to contact you with something so stupid. So in these cases, I will consider whether it is reasonable in that particular situation to make a double post instead of putting it into the old post, and if yes, I will do the double post. In the worst case, I will be banned again for 2 days and that is nothing, I can't live with, just the mods of TL would fall in my eyes one level deeper.


Dude. You take your posting way too seriously.

Trust me, I don't, but I was banned for it and became a 'topic' in this thread, saying I am double / triple / quadruple posting because ... I do not know why ... So as FPL made me to come back to TL, I just wanted to clarify the situation.

BTW:
Cascade, thanks for the post, that is how I feel it as well. The only thing that time - I did not understand the warning from the TL.bot. I thought, it was just some error from the bot, who did not see, I was reacting to completely different posts - I was banned for the posts on the top of the page: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/500618-dh-leipzig-details-announced?page=10 .
Seeker, thanks for the last post, I hope it will be OK in the future :-)


If your passion is double posting. Just do LRs man. (espacially the one in the morning)

On February 04 2016 17:37 opisska wrote:
Banning people for making two posts with the same username next to each other isn't strict enough! Even two posts with the same country of residence should be be bannable ...


Damnit. I wanted to say the same thing with 2 Jin Air Flair and i saw Phredox had a KT one

OMG! Why should be my passion double posting???? I had even no idea that something like that exists when I was banned. And what is LR?
EDIT: no idea: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LR


LR = Live Report thread. It is the thread that is created under "Tournaments" Section so people can have their own version of "Twitch chat" and balance whine so mods can clean the site from some users.
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
February 04 2016 09:19 GMT
#53332
On February 04 2016 18:17 WrathSCII wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 17:52 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:48 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:31 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:24 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:18 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:38 Seeker wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:32 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.


Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot

Good idea. If I got the original warning from a mod, I would have answered to him that it is a mistake and we could clarify the situation.

On February 04 2016 16:22 Phredxor wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
[quote]

Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot


I think he's referring to the fact that straight after explaining he now knows the rules he double posted.

Well, I have seen people doing what I did = marking the second post with "double post" and they were not banned ... so I thought, this might be OK if I do it as well? :-)

On February 04 2016 16:29 Seeker wrote:
My tone was half joking half serious. I'm not a stick up my ass, old, stingy, and cranky mod yet

But Phredxor is right. He double posted on the previous page. I'm pretty sure on purpose too
On February 04 2016 16:15 Diabolique wrote:
[quote]
I just don't understand, WHY? I would even not know, it is a rule, if I was not banned for it ...

And when I do not understand the reason, I do not see a way how to follow it. Am I allowed to do a double / triple / quadruple post, if the posts will be let's say a few days from each other? As an example - I am trying to do some posts in the sOs Fan club thread. Almost noone else is active there. So I come back there after a few days with something new, and I see, the last post (a few days old) is mine. Does that mean, I am not allowed to post a new post? Or do I need to edit the last post adn add the new ideas into the old post? What a bullshit!

Multiple posting in fan clubs is perfectly fine. Mods shouldn't action you for that. Multiple posting in LR threads and threads that have heavy discussions going on is not. It gets spammy and annoying. And if we allow one person to do it then we have to allow everyone to do it. Then chaos breaks out and no one can really understand what anyone is saying.


OK, this makes more sense now if it is allowed in fan clubs ... and the multiple posting in heavy discussions I do every day without a problem, as there is always someone posting between my posts. The problem are the "slow threads" ... so is there another exception than fan clubs?


This is so stupid to answer to three posts in one post :-)

How you did it just now is correct. Quote multiple times and put it all into one post. Thank you for doing that.
If it's a really slowly moving thread and you don't want to get warned or banned for multiple posting, then post in here, PM a mod, or go to the Ask TL Staff Anything thread and ask us if it's okay to multi-post. We'll take a look at it, and if we think multiple posting should be allowed in that situation, we'll give you the thumbs up.
Btw, if you post, then someone posts in between your next post, that is not multiple posting. That's just posting

Look, Seeker, I really like you and respect you. But I do not think, I will be using this "answering in one post" much. Because this is a nonsense and I do not like it. But I promise, I will be very careful with any further double postings. Mostly, I will just not do the second post. So:

1. In fast flowing discussions, I do not care, I will just post quickly, in 90% of cases, somebody else writes in between my posts.

2. In sOs fanclub, I will not care if my posts are several days away from each other or describe another topic completely.

3. If I will want to make a double post in a slow moving thread, I will for sure not contact you or the mods and ask for permission, this is just some stupid discussion and I believe, your (and my) time is too valuable to contact you with something so stupid. So in these cases, I will consider whether it is reasonable in that particular situation to make a double post instead of putting it into the old post, and if yes, I will do the double post. In the worst case, I will be banned again for 2 days and that is nothing, I can't live with, just the mods of TL would fall in my eyes one level deeper.


Dude. You take your posting way too seriously.

Trust me, I don't, but I was banned for it and became a 'topic' in this thread, saying I am double / triple / quadruple posting because ... I do not know why ... So as FPL made me to come back to TL, I just wanted to clarify the situation.

BTW:
Cascade, thanks for the post, that is how I feel it as well. The only thing that time - I did not understand the warning from the TL.bot. I thought, it was just some error from the bot, who did not see, I was reacting to completely different posts - I was banned for the posts on the top of the page: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/500618-dh-leipzig-details-announced?page=10 .
Seeker, thanks for the last post, I hope it will be OK in the future :-)


If your passion is double posting. Just do LRs man. (espacially the one in the morning)

On February 04 2016 17:37 opisska wrote:
Banning people for making two posts with the same username next to each other isn't strict enough! Even two posts with the same country of residence should be be bannable ...


Damnit. I wanted to say the same thing with 2 Jin Air Flair and i saw Phredox had a KT one

OMG! Why should be my passion double posting???? I had even no idea that something like that exists when I was banned. And what is LR?
EDIT: no idea: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LR


LR = Live Report thread. It is the thread that is created under "Tournaments" Section so people can have their own version of "Twitch chat" and balance whine so mods can clean the site from some users.

Ah OK, thanks, I see. I really hate Twitch chat and I really like LR :-) If it is not too fast :-)
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
Phredxor
Profile Joined May 2013
New Zealand15076 Posts
February 04 2016 09:49 GMT
#53333
On February 04 2016 17:48 FFW_Rude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 17:31 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:24 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:18 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:38 Seeker wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:32 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.


Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot

Good idea. If I got the original warning from a mod, I would have answered to him that it is a mistake and we could clarify the situation.

On February 04 2016 16:22 Phredxor wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.


Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot


I think he's referring to the fact that straight after explaining he now knows the rules he double posted.

Well, I have seen people doing what I did = marking the second post with "double post" and they were not banned ... so I thought, this might be OK if I do it as well? :-)

On February 04 2016 16:29 Seeker wrote:
My tone was half joking half serious. I'm not a stick up my ass, old, stingy, and cranky mod yet

But Phredxor is right. He double posted on the previous page. I'm pretty sure on purpose too
On February 04 2016 16:15 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.

I just don't understand, WHY? I would even not know, it is a rule, if I was not banned for it ...

And when I do not understand the reason, I do not see a way how to follow it. Am I allowed to do a double / triple / quadruple post, if the posts will be let's say a few days from each other? As an example - I am trying to do some posts in the sOs Fan club thread. Almost noone else is active there. So I come back there after a few days with something new, and I see, the last post (a few days old) is mine. Does that mean, I am not allowed to post a new post? Or do I need to edit the last post adn add the new ideas into the old post? What a bullshit!

Multiple posting in fan clubs is perfectly fine. Mods shouldn't action you for that. Multiple posting in LR threads and threads that have heavy discussions going on is not. It gets spammy and annoying. And if we allow one person to do it then we have to allow everyone to do it. Then chaos breaks out and no one can really understand what anyone is saying.


OK, this makes more sense now if it is allowed in fan clubs ... and the multiple posting in heavy discussions I do every day without a problem, as there is always someone posting between my posts. The problem are the "slow threads" ... so is there another exception than fan clubs?


This is so stupid to answer to three posts in one post :-)

How you did it just now is correct. Quote multiple times and put it all into one post. Thank you for doing that.
If it's a really slowly moving thread and you don't want to get warned or banned for multiple posting, then post in here, PM a mod, or go to the Ask TL Staff Anything thread and ask us if it's okay to multi-post. We'll take a look at it, and if we think multiple posting should be allowed in that situation, we'll give you the thumbs up.
Btw, if you post, then someone posts in between your next post, that is not multiple posting. That's just posting

Look, Seeker, I really like you and respect you. But I do not think, I will be using this "answering in one post" much. Because this is a nonsense and I do not like it. But I promise, I will be very careful with any further double postings. Mostly, I will just not do the second post. So:

1. In fast flowing discussions, I do not care, I will just post quickly, in 90% of cases, somebody else writes in between my posts.

2. In sOs fanclub, I will not care if my posts are several days away from each other or describe another topic completely.

3. If I will want to make a double post in a slow moving thread, I will for sure not contact you or the mods and ask for permission, this is just some stupid discussion and I believe, your (and my) time is too valuable to contact you with something so stupid. So in these cases, I will consider whether it is reasonable in that particular situation to make a double post instead of putting it into the old post, and if yes, I will do the double post. In the worst case, I will be banned again for 2 days and that is nothing, I can't live with, just the mods of TL would fall in my eyes one level deeper.


Dude. You take your posting way too seriously.

Trust me, I don't, but I was banned for it and became a 'topic' in this thread, saying I am double / triple / quadruple posting because ... I do not know why ... So as FPL made me to come back to TL, I just wanted to clarify the situation.

BTW:
Cascade, thanks for the post, that is how I feel it as well. The only thing that time - I did not understand the warning from the TL.bot. I thought, it was just some error from the bot, who did not see, I was reacting to completely different posts - I was banned for the posts on the top of the page: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/500618-dh-leipzig-details-announced?page=10 .
Seeker, thanks for the last post, I hope it will be OK in the future :-)


If your passion is double posting. Just do LRs man. (espacially the one in the morning)

Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 17:37 opisska wrote:
Banning people for making two posts with the same username next to each other isn't strict enough! Even two posts with the same country of residence should be be bannable ...


Damnit. I wanted to say the same thing with 2 Jin Air Flair and i saw Phredox had a KT one


Pls don't get me banned
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
February 04 2016 10:57 GMT
#53334
I mean tbh the mods are very lenient with double posting so it's not that much of an issue. The only case when double posting is annoying is when (1) the thread is moving slowly BUT not too slow and (2) your two posts are less than ~20 hours apart.
Case study 1 : In a "Other Games" thread (like, I dunno, The Witcher 3 thread), you were the last to post, one month ago. Now, you've seen an article about the new expansion, and want to post it in the The Witcher 3 thread. Here, you clearly won't edit your old post, because it wouldn't bump the thread and people subscribed to it wouldn't see that you added something : it would be useless to edit it. Thus you'll double post.
Case study 2 : In a "General" thread (like, I dunno, the US Politics thread), you were the last to post, answering a quote from the last page, 30 minutes ago. Now, as you're clearly an expert on politics, you want to answer another post made before yours. Here, your last post is only 30 minutes old, and if no one posted in the last 30 minutes the thread is reasonably slow. Thus here it is better to edit your last post to add in the post you wanted to make, as few people subscribed to the thread will have seen your last post in 30 minutes. What you can do too is write your new post, copy it, F5 the thread, and if there's a new post by someone else, post it as a new post.

However triple and more posting should be instawarning the first time and instaban the second time. I don't get why it's not the case.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-04 11:02:47
February 04 2016 11:00 GMT
#53335
On February 04 2016 18:49 Phredxor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 17:48 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:31 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:24 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:18 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:38 Seeker wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:32 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.


Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot

Good idea. If I got the original warning from a mod, I would have answered to him that it is a mistake and we could clarify the situation.

On February 04 2016 16:22 Phredxor wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.


Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot


I think he's referring to the fact that straight after explaining he now knows the rules he double posted.

Well, I have seen people doing what I did = marking the second post with "double post" and they were not banned ... so I thought, this might be OK if I do it as well? :-)

On February 04 2016 16:29 Seeker wrote:
My tone was half joking half serious. I'm not a stick up my ass, old, stingy, and cranky mod yet

But Phredxor is right. He double posted on the previous page. I'm pretty sure on purpose too
On February 04 2016 16:15 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.

I just don't understand, WHY? I would even not know, it is a rule, if I was not banned for it ...

And when I do not understand the reason, I do not see a way how to follow it. Am I allowed to do a double / triple / quadruple post, if the posts will be let's say a few days from each other? As an example - I am trying to do some posts in the sOs Fan club thread. Almost noone else is active there. So I come back there after a few days with something new, and I see, the last post (a few days old) is mine. Does that mean, I am not allowed to post a new post? Or do I need to edit the last post adn add the new ideas into the old post? What a bullshit!

Multiple posting in fan clubs is perfectly fine. Mods shouldn't action you for that. Multiple posting in LR threads and threads that have heavy discussions going on is not. It gets spammy and annoying. And if we allow one person to do it then we have to allow everyone to do it. Then chaos breaks out and no one can really understand what anyone is saying.


OK, this makes more sense now if it is allowed in fan clubs ... and the multiple posting in heavy discussions I do every day without a problem, as there is always someone posting between my posts. The problem are the "slow threads" ... so is there another exception than fan clubs?


This is so stupid to answer to three posts in one post :-)

How you did it just now is correct. Quote multiple times and put it all into one post. Thank you for doing that.
If it's a really slowly moving thread and you don't want to get warned or banned for multiple posting, then post in here, PM a mod, or go to the Ask TL Staff Anything thread and ask us if it's okay to multi-post. We'll take a look at it, and if we think multiple posting should be allowed in that situation, we'll give you the thumbs up.
Btw, if you post, then someone posts in between your next post, that is not multiple posting. That's just posting

Look, Seeker, I really like you and respect you. But I do not think, I will be using this "answering in one post" much. Because this is a nonsense and I do not like it. But I promise, I will be very careful with any further double postings. Mostly, I will just not do the second post. So:

1. In fast flowing discussions, I do not care, I will just post quickly, in 90% of cases, somebody else writes in between my posts.

2. In sOs fanclub, I will not care if my posts are several days away from each other or describe another topic completely.

3. If I will want to make a double post in a slow moving thread, I will for sure not contact you or the mods and ask for permission, this is just some stupid discussion and I believe, your (and my) time is too valuable to contact you with something so stupid. So in these cases, I will consider whether it is reasonable in that particular situation to make a double post instead of putting it into the old post, and if yes, I will do the double post. In the worst case, I will be banned again for 2 days and that is nothing, I can't live with, just the mods of TL would fall in my eyes one level deeper.


Dude. You take your posting way too seriously.

Trust me, I don't, but I was banned for it and became a 'topic' in this thread, saying I am double / triple / quadruple posting because ... I do not know why ... So as FPL made me to come back to TL, I just wanted to clarify the situation.

BTW:
Cascade, thanks for the post, that is how I feel it as well. The only thing that time - I did not understand the warning from the TL.bot. I thought, it was just some error from the bot, who did not see, I was reacting to completely different posts - I was banned for the posts on the top of the page: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/500618-dh-leipzig-details-announced?page=10 .
Seeker, thanks for the last post, I hope it will be OK in the future :-)


If your passion is double posting. Just do LRs man. (espacially the one in the morning)

On February 04 2016 17:37 opisska wrote:
Banning people for making two posts with the same username next to each other isn't strict enough! Even two posts with the same country of residence should be be bannable ...


Damnit. I wanted to say the same thing with 2 Jin Air Flair and i saw Phredox had a KT one


Pls don't get me banned


Don't banbet me then

On February 04 2016 17:52 Diabolique wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 17:48 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:31 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:24 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:18 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:38 Seeker wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:32 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.


Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot

Good idea. If I got the original warning from a mod, I would have answered to him that it is a mistake and we could clarify the situation.

On February 04 2016 16:22 Phredxor wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.


Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot


I think he's referring to the fact that straight after explaining he now knows the rules he double posted.

Well, I have seen people doing what I did = marking the second post with "double post" and they were not banned ... so I thought, this might be OK if I do it as well? :-)

On February 04 2016 16:29 Seeker wrote:
My tone was half joking half serious. I'm not a stick up my ass, old, stingy, and cranky mod yet

But Phredxor is right. He double posted on the previous page. I'm pretty sure on purpose too
On February 04 2016 16:15 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.

I just don't understand, WHY? I would even not know, it is a rule, if I was not banned for it ...

And when I do not understand the reason, I do not see a way how to follow it. Am I allowed to do a double / triple / quadruple post, if the posts will be let's say a few days from each other? As an example - I am trying to do some posts in the sOs Fan club thread. Almost noone else is active there. So I come back there after a few days with something new, and I see, the last post (a few days old) is mine. Does that mean, I am not allowed to post a new post? Or do I need to edit the last post adn add the new ideas into the old post? What a bullshit!

Multiple posting in fan clubs is perfectly fine. Mods shouldn't action you for that. Multiple posting in LR threads and threads that have heavy discussions going on is not. It gets spammy and annoying. And if we allow one person to do it then we have to allow everyone to do it. Then chaos breaks out and no one can really understand what anyone is saying.


OK, this makes more sense now if it is allowed in fan clubs ... and the multiple posting in heavy discussions I do every day without a problem, as there is always someone posting between my posts. The problem are the "slow threads" ... so is there another exception than fan clubs?


This is so stupid to answer to three posts in one post :-)

How you did it just now is correct. Quote multiple times and put it all into one post. Thank you for doing that.
If it's a really slowly moving thread and you don't want to get warned or banned for multiple posting, then post in here, PM a mod, or go to the Ask TL Staff Anything thread and ask us if it's okay to multi-post. We'll take a look at it, and if we think multiple posting should be allowed in that situation, we'll give you the thumbs up.
Btw, if you post, then someone posts in between your next post, that is not multiple posting. That's just posting

Look, Seeker, I really like you and respect you. But I do not think, I will be using this "answering in one post" much. Because this is a nonsense and I do not like it. But I promise, I will be very careful with any further double postings. Mostly, I will just not do the second post. So:

1. In fast flowing discussions, I do not care, I will just post quickly, in 90% of cases, somebody else writes in between my posts.

2. In sOs fanclub, I will not care if my posts are several days away from each other or describe another topic completely.

3. If I will want to make a double post in a slow moving thread, I will for sure not contact you or the mods and ask for permission, this is just some stupid discussion and I believe, your (and my) time is too valuable to contact you with something so stupid. So in these cases, I will consider whether it is reasonable in that particular situation to make a double post instead of putting it into the old post, and if yes, I will do the double post. In the worst case, I will be banned again for 2 days and that is nothing, I can't live with, just the mods of TL would fall in my eyes one level deeper.


Dude. You take your posting way too seriously.

Trust me, I don't, but I was banned for it and became a 'topic' in this thread, saying I am double / triple / quadruple posting because ... I do not know why ... So as FPL made me to come back to TL, I just wanted to clarify the situation.

BTW:
Cascade, thanks for the post, that is how I feel it as well. The only thing that time - I did not understand the warning from the TL.bot. I thought, it was just some error from the bot, who did not see, I was reacting to completely different posts - I was banned for the posts on the top of the page: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/500618-dh-leipzig-details-announced?page=10 .
Seeker, thanks for the last post, I hope it will be OK in the future :-)


If your passion is double posting. Just do LRs man. (espacially the one in the morning)

On February 04 2016 17:37 opisska wrote:
Banning people for making two posts with the same username next to each other isn't strict enough! Even two posts with the same country of residence should be be bannable ...


Damnit. I wanted to say the same thing with 2 Jin Air Flair and i saw Phredox had a KT one

OMG! Why should be my passion double posting???? I had even no idea that something like that exists when I was banned. And what is LR?
EDIT: no idea: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LR


That was some full romanian there. I was joking it was 2nd degree

LR is when you write in a thread what is happening in a game for people that can't watch it. So they read your report and feal the live of the game. It's a live recap if you want.

On February 04 2016 19:57 OtherWorld wrote:
I mean tbh the mods are very lenient with double posting so it's not that much of an issue. The only case when double posting is annoying is when (1) the thread is moving slowly BUT not too slow and (2) your two posts are less than ~20 hours apart.
Case study 1 : In a "Other Games" thread (like, I dunno, The Witcher 3 thread), you were the last to post, one month ago. Now, you've seen an article about the new expansion, and want to post it in the The Witcher 3 thread. Here, you clearly won't edit your old post, because it wouldn't bump the thread and people subscribed to it wouldn't see that you added something : it would be useless to edit it. Thus you'll double post.
Case study 2 : In a "General" thread (like, I dunno, the US Politics thread), you were the last to post, answering a quote from the last page, 30 minutes ago. Now, as you're clearly an expert on politics, you want to answer another post made before yours. Here, your last post is only 30 minutes old, and if no one posted in the last 30 minutes the thread is reasonably slow. Thus here it is better to edit your last post to add in the post you wanted to make, as few people subscribed to the thread will have seen your last post in 30 minutes. What you can do too is write your new post, copy it, F5 the thread, and if there's a new post by someone else, post it as a new post.

However triple and more posting should be instawarning the first time and instaban the second time. I don't get why it's not the case.


Sometime you can triple or quadruple post when LRing (game, event etc...) even if it's rare it happens
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
February 04 2016 11:05 GMT
#53336
On February 04 2016 20:00 FFW_Rude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 18:49 Phredxor wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:48 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:31 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:24 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:18 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:38 Seeker wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:32 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.


Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot

Good idea. If I got the original warning from a mod, I would have answered to him that it is a mistake and we could clarify the situation.

On February 04 2016 16:22 Phredxor wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
[quote]

Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot


I think he's referring to the fact that straight after explaining he now knows the rules he double posted.

Well, I have seen people doing what I did = marking the second post with "double post" and they were not banned ... so I thought, this might be OK if I do it as well? :-)

On February 04 2016 16:29 Seeker wrote:
My tone was half joking half serious. I'm not a stick up my ass, old, stingy, and cranky mod yet

But Phredxor is right. He double posted on the previous page. I'm pretty sure on purpose too
On February 04 2016 16:15 Diabolique wrote:
[quote]
I just don't understand, WHY? I would even not know, it is a rule, if I was not banned for it ...

And when I do not understand the reason, I do not see a way how to follow it. Am I allowed to do a double / triple / quadruple post, if the posts will be let's say a few days from each other? As an example - I am trying to do some posts in the sOs Fan club thread. Almost noone else is active there. So I come back there after a few days with something new, and I see, the last post (a few days old) is mine. Does that mean, I am not allowed to post a new post? Or do I need to edit the last post adn add the new ideas into the old post? What a bullshit!

Multiple posting in fan clubs is perfectly fine. Mods shouldn't action you for that. Multiple posting in LR threads and threads that have heavy discussions going on is not. It gets spammy and annoying. And if we allow one person to do it then we have to allow everyone to do it. Then chaos breaks out and no one can really understand what anyone is saying.


OK, this makes more sense now if it is allowed in fan clubs ... and the multiple posting in heavy discussions I do every day without a problem, as there is always someone posting between my posts. The problem are the "slow threads" ... so is there another exception than fan clubs?


This is so stupid to answer to three posts in one post :-)

How you did it just now is correct. Quote multiple times and put it all into one post. Thank you for doing that.
If it's a really slowly moving thread and you don't want to get warned or banned for multiple posting, then post in here, PM a mod, or go to the Ask TL Staff Anything thread and ask us if it's okay to multi-post. We'll take a look at it, and if we think multiple posting should be allowed in that situation, we'll give you the thumbs up.
Btw, if you post, then someone posts in between your next post, that is not multiple posting. That's just posting

Look, Seeker, I really like you and respect you. But I do not think, I will be using this "answering in one post" much. Because this is a nonsense and I do not like it. But I promise, I will be very careful with any further double postings. Mostly, I will just not do the second post. So:

1. In fast flowing discussions, I do not care, I will just post quickly, in 90% of cases, somebody else writes in between my posts.

2. In sOs fanclub, I will not care if my posts are several days away from each other or describe another topic completely.

3. If I will want to make a double post in a slow moving thread, I will for sure not contact you or the mods and ask for permission, this is just some stupid discussion and I believe, your (and my) time is too valuable to contact you with something so stupid. So in these cases, I will consider whether it is reasonable in that particular situation to make a double post instead of putting it into the old post, and if yes, I will do the double post. In the worst case, I will be banned again for 2 days and that is nothing, I can't live with, just the mods of TL would fall in my eyes one level deeper.


Dude. You take your posting way too seriously.

Trust me, I don't, but I was banned for it and became a 'topic' in this thread, saying I am double / triple / quadruple posting because ... I do not know why ... So as FPL made me to come back to TL, I just wanted to clarify the situation.

BTW:
Cascade, thanks for the post, that is how I feel it as well. The only thing that time - I did not understand the warning from the TL.bot. I thought, it was just some error from the bot, who did not see, I was reacting to completely different posts - I was banned for the posts on the top of the page: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/500618-dh-leipzig-details-announced?page=10 .
Seeker, thanks for the last post, I hope it will be OK in the future :-)


If your passion is double posting. Just do LRs man. (espacially the one in the morning)

On February 04 2016 17:37 opisska wrote:
Banning people for making two posts with the same username next to each other isn't strict enough! Even two posts with the same country of residence should be be bannable ...


Damnit. I wanted to say the same thing with 2 Jin Air Flair and i saw Phredox had a KT one


Pls don't get me banned


Don't banbet me then

Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 17:52 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:48 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:31 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:24 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:18 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:38 Seeker wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:32 Diabolique wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:11 Seeker wrote:
Don't test the mods. There is a reason TL doesn't allow multi-posting. Stick to the rules.


Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot

Good idea. If I got the original warning from a mod, I would have answered to him that it is a mistake and we could clarify the situation.

On February 04 2016 16:22 Phredxor wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:19 WrathSCII wrote:
[quote]

Easy there champ. He was not testing anyone. He said that he did understand the warning was from a mod but a mistake from the system.

The way it is displayed is kinda confusing for new comers as the warning comes from TL.Bot instead of the mod who made the warning.

That system could you use a little visual improvement to understand that warnings are issued from mods not from TL.Bot


I think he's referring to the fact that straight after explaining he now knows the rules he double posted.

Well, I have seen people doing what I did = marking the second post with "double post" and they were not banned ... so I thought, this might be OK if I do it as well? :-)

On February 04 2016 16:29 Seeker wrote:
My tone was half joking half serious. I'm not a stick up my ass, old, stingy, and cranky mod yet

But Phredxor is right. He double posted on the previous page. I'm pretty sure on purpose too
On February 04 2016 16:15 Diabolique wrote:
[quote]
I just don't understand, WHY? I would even not know, it is a rule, if I was not banned for it ...

And when I do not understand the reason, I do not see a way how to follow it. Am I allowed to do a double / triple / quadruple post, if the posts will be let's say a few days from each other? As an example - I am trying to do some posts in the sOs Fan club thread. Almost noone else is active there. So I come back there after a few days with something new, and I see, the last post (a few days old) is mine. Does that mean, I am not allowed to post a new post? Or do I need to edit the last post adn add the new ideas into the old post? What a bullshit!

Multiple posting in fan clubs is perfectly fine. Mods shouldn't action you for that. Multiple posting in LR threads and threads that have heavy discussions going on is not. It gets spammy and annoying. And if we allow one person to do it then we have to allow everyone to do it. Then chaos breaks out and no one can really understand what anyone is saying.


OK, this makes more sense now if it is allowed in fan clubs ... and the multiple posting in heavy discussions I do every day without a problem, as there is always someone posting between my posts. The problem are the "slow threads" ... so is there another exception than fan clubs?


This is so stupid to answer to three posts in one post :-)

How you did it just now is correct. Quote multiple times and put it all into one post. Thank you for doing that.
If it's a really slowly moving thread and you don't want to get warned or banned for multiple posting, then post in here, PM a mod, or go to the Ask TL Staff Anything thread and ask us if it's okay to multi-post. We'll take a look at it, and if we think multiple posting should be allowed in that situation, we'll give you the thumbs up.
Btw, if you post, then someone posts in between your next post, that is not multiple posting. That's just posting

Look, Seeker, I really like you and respect you. But I do not think, I will be using this "answering in one post" much. Because this is a nonsense and I do not like it. But I promise, I will be very careful with any further double postings. Mostly, I will just not do the second post. So:

1. In fast flowing discussions, I do not care, I will just post quickly, in 90% of cases, somebody else writes in between my posts.

2. In sOs fanclub, I will not care if my posts are several days away from each other or describe another topic completely.

3. If I will want to make a double post in a slow moving thread, I will for sure not contact you or the mods and ask for permission, this is just some stupid discussion and I believe, your (and my) time is too valuable to contact you with something so stupid. So in these cases, I will consider whether it is reasonable in that particular situation to make a double post instead of putting it into the old post, and if yes, I will do the double post. In the worst case, I will be banned again for 2 days and that is nothing, I can't live with, just the mods of TL would fall in my eyes one level deeper.


Dude. You take your posting way too seriously.

Trust me, I don't, but I was banned for it and became a 'topic' in this thread, saying I am double / triple / quadruple posting because ... I do not know why ... So as FPL made me to come back to TL, I just wanted to clarify the situation.

BTW:
Cascade, thanks for the post, that is how I feel it as well. The only thing that time - I did not understand the warning from the TL.bot. I thought, it was just some error from the bot, who did not see, I was reacting to completely different posts - I was banned for the posts on the top of the page: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/500618-dh-leipzig-details-announced?page=10 .
Seeker, thanks for the last post, I hope it will be OK in the future :-)


If your passion is double posting. Just do LRs man. (espacially the one in the morning)

On February 04 2016 17:37 opisska wrote:
Banning people for making two posts with the same username next to each other isn't strict enough! Even two posts with the same country of residence should be be bannable ...


Damnit. I wanted to say the same thing with 2 Jin Air Flair and i saw Phredox had a KT one

OMG! Why should be my passion double posting???? I had even no idea that something like that exists when I was banned. And what is LR?
EDIT: no idea: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LR


That was some full romanian there. I was joking it was 2nd degree

LR is when you write in a thread what is happening in a game for people that can't watch it. So they read your report and feal the live of the game. It's a live recap if you want.

Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 19:57 OtherWorld wrote:
I mean tbh the mods are very lenient with double posting so it's not that much of an issue. The only case when double posting is annoying is when (1) the thread is moving slowly BUT not too slow and (2) your two posts are less than ~20 hours apart.
Case study 1 : In a "Other Games" thread (like, I dunno, The Witcher 3 thread), you were the last to post, one month ago. Now, you've seen an article about the new expansion, and want to post it in the The Witcher 3 thread. Here, you clearly won't edit your old post, because it wouldn't bump the thread and people subscribed to it wouldn't see that you added something : it would be useless to edit it. Thus you'll double post.
Case study 2 : In a "General" thread (like, I dunno, the US Politics thread), you were the last to post, answering a quote from the last page, 30 minutes ago. Now, as you're clearly an expert on politics, you want to answer another post made before yours. Here, your last post is only 30 minutes old, and if no one posted in the last 30 minutes the thread is reasonably slow. Thus here it is better to edit your last post to add in the post you wanted to make, as few people subscribed to the thread will have seen your last post in 30 minutes. What you can do too is write your new post, copy it, F5 the thread, and if there's a new post by someone else, post it as a new post.

However triple and more posting should be instawarning the first time and instaban the second time. I don't get why it's not the case.


Sometime you can triple or quadruple post when LRing (game, event etc...) even if it's rare it happens

Well LRs are special cases though
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-04 11:30:54
February 04 2016 11:30 GMT
#53337
On February 04 2016 17:44 Phredxor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 17:40 Cascade wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:15 Phredxor wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:14 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:11 Phredxor wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:10 Seeker wrote:
On February 04 2016 17:02 Cascade wrote:
On February 04 2016 16:29 Seeker wrote:
Multiple posting in fan clubs is perfectly fine. Mods shouldn't action you for that. Multiple posting in LR threads and threads that have heavy discussions going on is not. It gets spammy and annoying. And if we allow one person to do it then we have to allow everyone to do it. Then chaos breaks out and no one can really understand what anyone is saying.

Hmm, I don't feel you quite hit the mark on the explanation here. Honestly, the reason Mystique gave made more sense to me.

I don't feel the key thing that allows multiposting is related to how fast the topic moves. Rather, it is just a matter of clear layout of your contribution. The end goal is readability. If you are sticking to one subject, better to write your sub-points in paragraphs or something, so people can see that it is all from the same person. If you are posting on very different topics inside a thread, it is ok to use separate posts. it should be a choice in the same way you chose to split up paragraphs, punctuate, and so on.

In the LR example, I'd say it is ok to use separate posts if you are commenting on why sOs decided to go so heavy DTs in last game, discussing soO's rumoured new build on the upcoming map, and exactly how hungover tasteless is. If there are three separate reply-chains on those subjects, I don't see the reason to cram them all in the same post.

But Mystique, if you get a warning for double posting, automated or not, and you go on to triple (or quadruple?) post a few hours later, you are not really in a position to claim ignorance. You got the warning, chose to ignore it, and suffered the consequences. Entirely your fault, motivated ban or not, sorry.

I'm lazy and didn't feel like giving a long explanation. Also, who is Mystique?


Was just about to ask this too..


From the context he means Diabolique I think.


That's what I assumed, but it's really different name to get it mixed up with :s

haha, oops. You are right ofc. Sorry whatsname.


I'll let you off since you're probably in mourning due to your awful cricket team.

I'm Swedish actually, just living in AU, and I sincerely don't care the slightest about cricket. If anything, I'm amazed how anyone can play, let alone watch it, without getting terminally bored. I'm happy if you guys beat up the Aussies though, because that usually means that my co-workers shut up about it.

Thanks though, the gesture is appreciated, even though I know you were trying to rub it in. So I shouldn't be thankful I guess. Or something. Hmm.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18453 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-04 11:55:08
February 04 2016 11:43 GMT
#53338
On February 04 2016 19:57 OtherWorld wrote:
I mean tbh the mods are very lenient with double posting so it's not that much of an issue. The only case when double posting is annoying is when (1) the thread is moving slowly BUT not too slow and (2) your two posts are less than ~20 hours apart.
Case study 1 : In a "Other Games" thread (like, I dunno, The Witcher 3 thread), you were the last to post, one month ago. Now, you've seen an article about the new expansion, and want to post it in the The Witcher 3 thread. Here, you clearly won't edit your old post, because it wouldn't bump the thread and people subscribed to it wouldn't see that you added something : it would be useless to edit it. Thus you'll double post.
Case study 2 : In a "General" thread (like, I dunno, the US Politics thread), you were the last to post, answering a quote from the last page, 30 minutes ago. Now, as you're clearly an expert on politics, you want to answer another post made before yours. Here, your last post is only 30 minutes old, and if no one posted in the last 30 minutes the thread is reasonably slow. Thus here it is better to edit your last post to add in the post you wanted to make, as few people subscribed to the thread will have seen your last post in 30 minutes. What you can do too is write your new post, copy it, F5 the thread, and if there's a new post by someone else, post it as a new post.

However triple and more posting should be instawarning the first time and instaban the second time. I don't get why it's not the case.

Your second example is a great example of how silly the rule is. This is still somewhat okay on a desktop, where selecting and copy pasting is quick and easy. But for ppl posting mainly from mobile phones, it is hard enough to type; let alone copy paste quotes into the correct place for editing a post.

If it's the same topic, following this rule makes some sense, but if you're replying to, for instance, someone talking about Trump's polling in South Carolina, and the water situation in Flint, then having that be in the same, edited, post makes the thread (far) less legible than the occasional double posting.

Luckily, in practice, both posters and mods are fairly sensible when it comes to double posting.

Edit: @diabolic if you really want to doublepost, though, go join a mafia game. And posting this edit as a new post is the kind of double posting that is discouraged. Same topic and low additional information
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
February 04 2016 11:55 GMT
#53339
On February 04 2016 20:43 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 19:57 OtherWorld wrote:
I mean tbh the mods are very lenient with double posting so it's not that much of an issue. The only case when double posting is annoying is when (1) the thread is moving slowly BUT not too slow and (2) your two posts are less than ~20 hours apart.
Case study 1 : In a "Other Games" thread (like, I dunno, The Witcher 3 thread), you were the last to post, one month ago. Now, you've seen an article about the new expansion, and want to post it in the The Witcher 3 thread. Here, you clearly won't edit your old post, because it wouldn't bump the thread and people subscribed to it wouldn't see that you added something : it would be useless to edit it. Thus you'll double post.
Case study 2 : In a "General" thread (like, I dunno, the US Politics thread), you were the last to post, answering a quote from the last page, 30 minutes ago. Now, as you're clearly an expert on politics, you want to answer another post made before yours. Here, your last post is only 30 minutes old, and if no one posted in the last 30 minutes the thread is reasonably slow. Thus here it is better to edit your last post to add in the post you wanted to make, as few people subscribed to the thread will have seen your last post in 30 minutes. What you can do too is write your new post, copy it, F5 the thread, and if there's a new post by someone else, post it as a new post.

However triple and more posting should be instawarning the first time and instaban the second time. I don't get why it's not the case.

Your second example is a great example of how silly the rule is. This is still somewhat okay on a desktop, where selecting and copy pasting is quick and easy. But for ppl posting mainly from mobile phones, it is hard enough to type; let alone copy paste quotes into the correct place for editing a post.

If it's the same topic, following this rule makes some sense, but if you're replying to, for instance, someone talking about Trump's polling in South Carolina, and the water situation in Flint, then having that be in the same, edited, post makes the thread (far) less legible than the occasional double posting.

Luckily, in practice, both posters and mods are fairly sensible when it comes to double posting.

I dunno, with today's smartphones and their huge ass screens it's fairly easy to copy/paste shit. Not as fast as your good old CtrlC/CtrlV of course, but still.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-04 20:26:39
February 04 2016 12:27 GMT
#53340
We are super lenient when it comes to double posting, if you do end up getting actioned for it you probably fucked up
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
Prev 1 2665 2666 2667 2668 2669 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
UpATreeSC 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5124
Bisu 2805
Soulkey 1748
Jaedong 715
Horang2 577
EffOrt 539
Mini 508
Larva 344
actioN 290
ZerO 272
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 239
Yoon 150
Mind 96
Dewaltoss 89
sorry 82
Sea.KH 77
Sharp 75
Shinee 67
hero 66
Barracks 62
Pusan 57
Snow 51
Hyun 42
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 27
Trap 21
scan(afreeca) 20
Rock 17
NaDa 15
Terrorterran 15
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
zelot 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5426
qojqva2303
Dendi1201
420jenkins209
Counter-Strike
fl0m2836
Fnx 665
x6flipin431
Other Games
hiko914
Liquid`RaSZi897
B2W.Neo504
crisheroes313
DeMusliM281
XBOCT213
Livibee192
Liquid`VortiX182
QueenE99
Mew2King46
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 80
• mYiSmile133
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV644
League of Legends
• Nemesis3477
• TFBlade568
• Noizen108
Other Games
• Shiphtur344
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 39m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.