• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:02
CEST 21:02
KST 04:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9334 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 2584

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2582 2583 2584 2585 2586 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
fluidrone
Profile Blog Joined January 2015
France1478 Posts
August 21 2015 18:44 GMT
#51661
On August 22 2015 02:49 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2015 02:35 mahrgell wrote:
Alcathous was just temp banned for 90 days by KwarK.

That account was created on 2014-12-12 08:33:45 and had 216 posts.

Reason: As an incredibly petty and power crazed college kid who will probably never amount to anything this is all I can do to make it through the day.

LOL... well deserved, but the ban reason makes me worry... I'm not sure we can find another 89 trashposter, so Kwark can make it through the next 3 months, until that guy is back. I hope Kwark won't suffer from withdrawel symptoms :/

Was going to ask what he got banned for, because I haven't seen him cross many lines, despite him being a bit of a nutter. But here it is:

Show nested quote +
On August 22 2015 01:03 Alcathous wrote:
They prob just ban me because it's 5 regulars vs 1 occasional poster. Easier to blame the victim. And moderators are just a bunch of college kids who desperately want to have some power over something anyway. Anyone who actually amounts to something in life won't waste their free time on that.

All I was saying is that it makes more sense to view it the opposite way. Maybe that's taking it too far for some here and invites absurd ridicule/online bullying.

User was temp banned for this post.

Martyring. Why would you do that?

Funny thing is us looking over the previous posts of the martyring poster, wouldn't you say?
"not enough rights"
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
August 21 2015 18:47 GMT
#51662
On August 22 2015 03:21 dAPhREAk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2015 02:04 opisska wrote:
On August 22 2015 01:58 dAPhREAk wrote:
On August 21 2015 16:19 opisska wrote:
On August 21 2015 12:23 Cascade wrote:
On August 21 2015 06:54 dAPhREAk wrote:
On August 21 2015 06:47 LegalLord wrote:
On August 21 2015 06:44 dAPhREAk wrote:
On August 21 2015 06:20 LegalLord wrote:
To be fair, by world standards, US conservatives views would be considered reactionary in most countries.

The rest, you can generally chalk up to the internet's rather interesting brand of mob mentality.

what does "world standards" mean?

I suppose the better term would be "western" than "world." Mostly meant "by the standards of the majority of the population of the world which would tend to have access to the internet."

European nations are far more liberal than the US - that's all that means.

by european nations, are you excluding eastern european nations just like you excluded most of the world by saying the world means europe?

We are obviously talking about people that would reply to the post, which means comfortably English speaking with internet.

I think that demographic is mostly more left wing than average US?


From my experience, many americans have troubles processing the fact that their left is still our right (and their right is our insane) and this shift is at the root of most online political misunderstandings

stereotyping, check. ego-centrism, check. european country designated, check.


What the hell is ego-centric about that? And the first word is just hypocritical shit - I refuse to be prohibited from making observations about correlation in human behaviour just because some people believe that we must at all costs pretend that all people are the same regardless of where they were born and what influenced them all their lives. If that's how I would have to beahve if I were american, I am sure as hell glad to have an european country next to my name.

I was just commenting on a very visible trend I see - I have met many an american who literaly had no idea that what they call "left" and "right" is by no means universal to the whole western world and I really believe that many misunderstandings would be just cleared if people coming from different backgrounds would first agree what their points are. I also observe that the problem is usually at the american's side, because when most europeans I know who care a bit about politics observe american politics with extreme curiousity and thus are aware of the differences.

saying that because americans dont understand this is the "root of most online political misunderstandings" is very ego-centric. this is ignoring the fact that you are condescending as fuck.

also, most europeans i have met in person (bulgarians primarily) are racist as shit and would love to kill all gypsies, so should i stereotype to all europeans as well? i wouldnt do that because its stupid.

i also like this: "I also observe that the problem is usually at the american's side, because when most europeans I know who care a bit about politics observe american politics with extreme curiousity and thus are aware of the differences." its like you dont even know how egocentric your views are.



I will not discuss with you any further, I am really not interested in opinions of people who express themselves in this way. That's probably a mistake, because a continuation of this could get someone banned, thus making it on-topic.
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
August 21 2015 18:54 GMT
#51663
On August 22 2015 03:47 opisska wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2015 03:21 dAPhREAk wrote:
On August 22 2015 02:04 opisska wrote:
On August 22 2015 01:58 dAPhREAk wrote:
On August 21 2015 16:19 opisska wrote:
On August 21 2015 12:23 Cascade wrote:
On August 21 2015 06:54 dAPhREAk wrote:
On August 21 2015 06:47 LegalLord wrote:
On August 21 2015 06:44 dAPhREAk wrote:
On August 21 2015 06:20 LegalLord wrote:
To be fair, by world standards, US conservatives views would be considered reactionary in most countries.

The rest, you can generally chalk up to the internet's rather interesting brand of mob mentality.

what does "world standards" mean?

I suppose the better term would be "western" than "world." Mostly meant "by the standards of the majority of the population of the world which would tend to have access to the internet."

European nations are far more liberal than the US - that's all that means.

by european nations, are you excluding eastern european nations just like you excluded most of the world by saying the world means europe?

We are obviously talking about people that would reply to the post, which means comfortably English speaking with internet.

I think that demographic is mostly more left wing than average US?


From my experience, many americans have troubles processing the fact that their left is still our right (and their right is our insane) and this shift is at the root of most online political misunderstandings

stereotyping, check. ego-centrism, check. european country designated, check.


What the hell is ego-centric about that? And the first word is just hypocritical shit - I refuse to be prohibited from making observations about correlation in human behaviour just because some people believe that we must at all costs pretend that all people are the same regardless of where they were born and what influenced them all their lives. If that's how I would have to beahve if I were american, I am sure as hell glad to have an european country next to my name.

I was just commenting on a very visible trend I see - I have met many an american who literaly had no idea that what they call "left" and "right" is by no means universal to the whole western world and I really believe that many misunderstandings would be just cleared if people coming from different backgrounds would first agree what their points are. I also observe that the problem is usually at the american's side, because when most europeans I know who care a bit about politics observe american politics with extreme curiousity and thus are aware of the differences.

saying that because americans dont understand this is the "root of most online political misunderstandings" is very ego-centric. this is ignoring the fact that you are condescending as fuck.

also, most europeans i have met in person (bulgarians primarily) are racist as shit and would love to kill all gypsies, so should i stereotype to all europeans as well? i wouldnt do that because its stupid.

i also like this: "I also observe that the problem is usually at the american's side, because when most europeans I know who care a bit about politics observe american politics with extreme curiousity and thus are aware of the differences." its like you dont even know how egocentric your views are.



I will not discuss with you any further, I am really not interested in opinions of people who express themselves in this way. That's probably a mistake, because a continuation of this could get someone banned, thus making it on-topic.

"i don't want to discuss this further, but I will make sure to get the last word with an insult that I am better than you."
fluidrone
Profile Blog Joined January 2015
France1478 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-21 18:58:49
August 21 2015 18:57 GMT
#51664
On August 22 2015 03:54 dAPhREAk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2015 03:47 opisska wrote:
On August 22 2015 03:21 dAPhREAk wrote:
On August 22 2015 02:04 opisska wrote:
On August 22 2015 01:58 dAPhREAk wrote:
On August 21 2015 16:19 opisska wrote:
On August 21 2015 12:23 Cascade wrote:
On August 21 2015 06:54 dAPhREAk wrote:
On August 21 2015 06:47 LegalLord wrote:
On August 21 2015 06:44 dAPhREAk wrote:
[quote]
what does "world standards" mean?

I suppose the better term would be "western" than "world." Mostly meant "by the standards of the majority of the population of the world which would tend to have access to the internet."

European nations are far more liberal than the US - that's all that means.

by european nations, are you excluding eastern european nations just like you excluded most of the world by saying the world means europe?

We are obviously talking about people that would reply to the post, which means comfortably English speaking with internet.

I think that demographic is mostly more left wing than average US?


From my experience, many americans have troubles processing the fact that their left is still our right (and their right is our insane) and this shift is at the root of most online political misunderstandings

stereotyping, check. ego-centrism, check. european country designated, check.


What the hell is ego-centric about that? And the first word is just hypocritical shit - I refuse to be prohibited from making observations about correlation in human behaviour just because some people believe that we must at all costs pretend that all people are the same regardless of where they were born and what influenced them all their lives. If that's how I would have to beahve if I were american, I am sure as hell glad to have an european country next to my name.

I was just commenting on a very visible trend I see - I have met many an american who literaly had no idea that what they call "left" and "right" is by no means universal to the whole western world and I really believe that many misunderstandings would be just cleared if people coming from different backgrounds would first agree what their points are. I also observe that the problem is usually at the american's side, because when most europeans I know who care a bit about politics observe american politics with extreme curiousity and thus are aware of the differences.

saying that because americans dont understand this is the "root of most online political misunderstandings" is very ego-centric. this is ignoring the fact that you are condescending as fuck.

also, most europeans i have met in person (bulgarians primarily) are racist as shit and would love to kill all gypsies, so should i stereotype to all europeans as well? i wouldnt do that because its stupid.

i also like this: "I also observe that the problem is usually at the american's side, because when most europeans I know who care a bit about politics observe american politics with extreme curiousity and thus are aware of the differences." its like you dont even know how egocentric your views are.



I will not discuss with you any further, I am really not interested in opinions of people who express themselves in this way. That's probably a mistake, because a continuation of this could get someone banned, thus making it on-topic.

"i don't want to discuss this further, but I will make sure to get the last word with an insult that I am better than you."

Leading translation inception set up?
"not enough rights"
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
August 21 2015 18:59 GMT
#51665

Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
August 21 2015 21:31 GMT
#51666
Stay on topic guys
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
August 21 2015 21:37 GMT
#51667
On May 11 2015 00:14 SausageBiscuit wrote:
2 admins for a major SC2 tournament, bo5 finals, rushed and butchered tourney so they could get it on "swedish tv" and have their main CSGO event, meaningless group stage 1.

I'd say it was better than most Dreamhacks!

User was temp banned for this post.(Not this specific post, posting in general is poor.


On August 22 2015 04:10 SausageBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2015 03:39 The_Templar wrote:
Finished my classes for today, anything good so far?



Have you seen the player list and the viewer count?

HELL NO!

User was banned for this post.


Glad this prick finally got banned. He's like the ZerglingShepherd of the SC2 scene at large.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
August 22 2015 04:39 GMT
#51668
On August 21 2015 06:44 dAPhREAk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2015 06:20 LegalLord wrote:
To be fair, by world standards, US conservatives views would be considered reactionary in most countries.

The rest, you can generally chalk up to the internet's rather interesting brand of mob mentality.

what does "world standards" mean?


World means European. We've come so far from the days of Eurocentrism.
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
August 22 2015 11:17 GMT
#51669
On August 22 2015 06:31 KadaverBB wrote:
Stay on topic guys


This is still relevant!
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
August 22 2015 11:30 GMT
#51670
On August 22 2015 20:17 KadaverBB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2015 06:31 KadaverBB wrote:
Stay on topic guys


This is still relevant!


Says the guy with the power to make it on-topic on a whim. I call that lazy.
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-22 19:09:16
August 22 2015 19:08 GMT
#51671
On August 22 2015 04:57 ImFromPortugal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2015 04:50 Plansix wrote:
On August 22 2015 04:44 ImFromPortugal wrote:
I was talking about the first gulf war and the fact that you guys didn't do a thing to end the regime, even when some Iraqi factions wanted to end it and requested your help...instead you imposed crippling sanctions that destroyed the country, killed thousands of children and made the regime last for a decade more. Why wasn't the united states accused of terrorism when they first invaded IRAQ ? Even with reports stating that Kuwait was utilizing slant drilling techniques to steal Iraqis oil. Who pays for all of this? You with your tax money and the rest of the world with their blood ?

We didn't invade Iraq in 1990. And even if Kuwait was using those drilling techniques, its not justification for an invasion. Sorry the UN and everyone else can't live up to your standards on how to deal with regimes like one in Iraq.

But you seem to be derailing the thread again.



A "coalition" did...yes killing infants and destroying a countries future is the best the UN and all the others can do.. congratulations.

It's not derailment we are talking about geopolitics and when discussing such topics its important to analyse past mistakes even if the truth hurts.

User was temp banned for this post.



this was in the North Korea thread.
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
August 24 2015 02:34 GMT
#51672
"Wow!! What a great poster! Really really really top of the line posts, the biggest user I have seen in TL!! I hope this site will have a second one!! This guy is single handedly saving SC2 and killing off DOTA2, LoL and CSGO!!!!"

+ Show Spoiler +

On August 24 2015 09:21 swag_bro wrote:
Wow!! What a great tournament! Really really really top of the line casters, the best of THE best players, a HUGE prize pool and best of all, the biggest crowd I have seen in SC2!! I hope this tournament will have a second one!! This tournament is single handedly saving SC2 and killing off DOTA2, LoL and CSGO!!!!

User was temp banned for this post.



Praise The Lord Templar
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51624 Posts
August 24 2015 03:02 GMT
#51673
not a perm, don't care, let me know when he gets perm'd
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Phredxor
Profile Joined May 2013
New Zealand15076 Posts
August 24 2015 03:40 GMT
#51674
Not gonna start the free swag_bro chant, this was a poor effort on his part.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51624 Posts
August 24 2015 04:54 GMT
#51675
On August 24 2015 12:40 Phredxor wrote:
Not gonna start the free swag_bro chant, this was a poor effort on his part.


pls no, hes absolutely terrible, never free swag_bro
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12026 Posts
August 24 2015 07:59 GMT
#51676
I'd like some free swag, bro.
Heartland
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden24604 Posts
August 24 2015 08:28 GMT
#51677
We can get banned for sarcasm now? Uh-oh...
Skynx
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Turkey7150 Posts
August 24 2015 16:45 GMT
#51678
Hayl_storm on killing spree
"When seagulls follow the troller, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much" - King Cantona | STX 4 eva
RKC
Profile Joined June 2012
2848 Posts
August 24 2015 17:15 GMT
#51679
That was rather uncharacteristic of swag_bro. The swag_bro I know dispenses mad truths, not sarcastic ambiguities. Maybe he is in a slump, and deserves some time-off to sober up.
gg no re thx
fluidrone
Profile Blog Joined January 2015
France1478 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-25 09:58:09
August 25 2015 09:48 GMT
#51680
Self discipline is hard. Thank you tl.
"not enough rights"
Prev 1 2582 2583 2584 2585 2586 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 275
BRAT_OK 97
JuggernautJason79
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 901
Shuttle 699
Zeus 82
soO 44
Hyun 43
ToSsGirL 32
scan(afreeca) 23
Sacsri 9
ZZZero.O 2
Dota 2
qojqva2189
420jenkins622
canceldota26
Counter-Strike
fl0m5146
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3414
Liquid`Hasu595
Other Games
FrodaN939
KnowMe226
Pyrionflax169
Livibee163
QueenE64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick632
StarCraft 2
angryscii 36
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 95
• 3DClanTV 58
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach98
• FirePhoenix29
• 80smullet 17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1757
Other Games
• imaqtpie667
• Shiphtur665
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 59m
Patches Events
19h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 59m
OSC
1d 3h
OSC
1d 16h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.