• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:14
CEST 15:14
KST 22:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9245 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 1033

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
DeepElemBlues
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5080 Posts
May 03 2012 20:12 GMT
#20641
On May 04 2012 05:08 CyDe wrote:
I love the whole "Nazi Mods!" thing. NO. It's a freaking oligarchy, not a fascist system that is in place here at TL


an oligarchy of evil children's characters and artistic dreamers who love poetry!

also, rekrul.
no place i'd rather be than the satellite of love
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
May 03 2012 20:13 GMT
#20642
On May 04 2012 05:10 JOJOsc2news wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 05:00 TheToast wrote:
^You can always report yourself.

Which, speaking of that TL coders finally fixed the dealy where you could report staff. Darn, lol.


Wrong. You can't report yourself.


Yup, you're right. I probably imagined that time when I reported myself. lol
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Qbek
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Poland12923 Posts
May 03 2012 20:15 GMT
#20643
You can by editing the report link unless R1CH fixed it
This space left intentionally dank /)3(\ http://i.imgur.com/RmeEUcF.png
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
May 03 2012 20:18 GMT
#20644
On May 04 2012 05:06 Anacletus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 04:59 JingleHell wrote:
On May 04 2012 04:53 HwangjaeTerran wrote:
As someone who has requested a few bans - is there a reason why the requests must go through mods every time?
TheKefka 's "SMITE ME!" gave me the idea that there could be an automation to ban users as they wish.
Like when you are about to unleash your wrath on someone there would be this big red GG-button on the side which you could press at the last second and save yourself from shameful behavior and in some cases a longer ban.
Or just have an option in the profiles or somewhere to ban yourself in advance. I think this kind of self-moderation could clean up the forums(especially LR's) quite a bit and up the quality across the site.

What a silly thought.


If someone has the discipline to ban themselves prior to making a bad post, they'll probably just hit backspace. Every time I've gotten warned or temped for snapping on someone, there's not been the sort of restraint involved that would let me cockblock myself that way.

Maybe to ease things up around finals, there'd be some value, but other than that, requested bans probably don't soak enough time to be worth the effort, if I had to guess.


I don't think you mean cockblock, but on the off chance you do, I'm impressed by your typing skills.

"banned for this" would be a pretty funny auto-ban term, although it may overlap some people quoting others saying "you'll get banned for this". Although I think it's safe to assume that posting about someone breaking rules in that manner would receive a ban anyway.



Oh, no, I did mean cockblock myself. I'd be getting the ban without getting the enjoyment of ripping into someone. I mean that's like getting the clap from fapping. Where's the fun in that?
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
May 03 2012 20:20 GMT
#20645
On May 04 2012 05:15 Qbek wrote:
You can by editing the report link unless R1CH fixed it

hmmm, so i tried this. you can manually change the number in the link line above. but, how do you determine exactly what number your post is? i attempted to report the one before and after my post to see if they are numerical, but apparently its posts to the site, not the thread that matter.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
May 03 2012 20:23 GMT
#20646
On May 04 2012 05:20 dAPhREAk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 05:15 Qbek wrote:
You can by editing the report link unless R1CH fixed it

hmmm, so i tried this. you can manually change the number in the link line above. but, how do you determine exactly what number your post is? i attempted to report the one before and after my post to see if they are numerical, but apparently its posts to the site, not the thread that matter.


Right click, view page source.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
May 03 2012 20:29 GMT
#20647
On May 04 2012 05:23 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 05:20 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 04 2012 05:15 Qbek wrote:
You can by editing the report link unless R1CH fixed it

hmmm, so i tried this. you can manually change the number in the link line above. but, how do you determine exactly what number your post is? i attempted to report the one before and after my post to see if they are numerical, but apparently its posts to the site, not the thread that matter.


Right click, view page source.


im totally going to report myself when im being a dick.

+ Show Spoiler +
Report Post

You may use this form to report a post that breaks the teamliquid.net forum rules. Misuse of this feature will result in your access being revoked.

If you are reporting spoilers, do not include a copy of the spoiler in your reason. Just describe it, eg "unaired [tournament] spoiler".

Reporting a post by dAPhREAk in The Automated Ban List:
On May 04 2012 05:15 Qbek wrote:
You can by editing the report link unless R1CH fixed it

hmmm, so i tried this. you can manually change the number in the link line above. but, how do you determine exactly what number your post is? i attempted to report the one before and after my post to see if they are numerical, but apparently its posts to the site, not the thread that matter.

Enter reason:

iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
May 03 2012 20:30 GMT
#20648
On May 04 2012 05:06 dAPhREAk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 05:05 blubbdavid wrote:
Question for the mods: Do you like more days with many bans where you can swiftly swing the banhammer, or more quiet days?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=275302

Are you suggesting that his question is off topic here and should go in the apporpiate thread?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
May 03 2012 20:33 GMT
#20649
On May 04 2012 05:05 blubbdavid wrote:
Question for the mods: Do you like more days with many bans where you can swiftly swing the banhammer, or more quiet days?


Quiet days.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-03 20:37:15
May 03 2012 20:34 GMT
#20650
On May 04 2012 05:30 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 05:06 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 04 2012 05:05 blubbdavid wrote:
Question for the mods: Do you like more days with many bans where you can swiftly swing the banhammer, or more quiet days?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=275302

Are you suggesting that his question is off topic here and should go in the apporpiate thread?

i was trying to help him. he is more likely to get a response if he posts there, which he has done.

edit: and, then, of course, ETT answers it immediately before i reply. lol
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-03 20:41:09
May 03 2012 20:37 GMT
#20651
ok guys forget it, I just thought if you had the tendency to be a bit wild in LR threads it would be an easy decision to ban yourself for, say, the duration of an MLG/when your favourite player is playing. A nice tool toi have. I know I can't stay away from TL, I would have very little reason to keep a web browser otherwise, and if you can just login and respond to some douche...there are definitely people who can't resist that either. Anger management and shizzles, like, you know,stuff.


On May 04 2012 05:33 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 05:05 blubbdavid wrote:
Question for the mods: Do you like more days with many bans where you can swiftly swing the banhammer, or more quiet days?


Quiet days.


I take it's like Christmas when you were child: the wait is the best part. Not the sugar high and disappointment of not getting everything you wanted?
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
blubbdavid
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Switzerland2412 Posts
May 03 2012 20:38 GMT
#20652
On May 04 2012 05:34 dAPhREAk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 05:30 iamperfection wrote:
On May 04 2012 05:06 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 04 2012 05:05 blubbdavid wrote:
Question for the mods: Do you like more days with many bans where you can swiftly swing the banhammer, or more quiet days?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=275302

Are you suggesting that his question is off topic here and should go in the apporpiate thread?

i was trying to help him. he is more likely to get a response if he posts there, which he has done.

I feel bad now. btw, may I shamelessly invite some of you to a round of TL Mafia?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=332573
You can even post memes here.
What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all other? Whatever you desire - that is here. Tower of God ¦¦Nutella, drink of the Gods
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-03 20:40:24
May 03 2012 20:39 GMT
#20653
On May 04 2012 05:33 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 05:05 blubbdavid wrote:
Question for the mods: Do you like more days with many bans where you can swiftly swing the banhammer, or more quiet days?


Quiet days.


The benefit of those crazy ban days is that the days which follow tend to be very quiet.

-edit:

On May 04 2012 05:38 blubbdavid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 05:34 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 04 2012 05:30 iamperfection wrote:
On May 04 2012 05:06 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 04 2012 05:05 blubbdavid wrote:
Question for the mods: Do you like more days with many bans where you can swiftly swing the banhammer, or more quiet days?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=275302

Are you suggesting that his question is off topic here and should go in the apporpiate thread?

i was trying to help him. he is more likely to get a response if he posts there, which he has done.

I feel bad now. btw, may I shamelessly invite some of you to a round of TL Mafia?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=332573
You can even post memes here.


Okay, I think we've taken the loose guides of this topic too far. There's a PM button for a reason.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
May 03 2012 20:49 GMT
#20654
Don't make that your first game. Caller games are not newbie friendly.

Also, stay on topic!
Moderator
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
May 03 2012 20:55 GMT
#20655
anime discussions are pretty intense.

mcimba42 was just temp banned for 1 week by GMarshal.

That account was created on 2011-10-06 00:57:27 and had 45 posts.

Reason: Quoting, for reference
ok sorry

you are trash as a human being you are literally the dumbest piece on shit on the face of earth and i have no idea how your parents could stand raising a shit stain like you without giving you up for adoption (not that anyone would be retarded enough to adopt garbage like you LOL)

this is opinion i didnt say anything ojective people are allowed to like trash like you i cant tell people not to like shitty wastes of life lol


Make another post like that, and you are out of here.

On May 04 2012 05:35 mcimba42 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 05:00 Sentenal wrote:
On May 04 2012 04:53 mcimba42 wrote:
On May 04 2012 04:37 Sentenal wrote:
And what are those reasons? Shinji never becomes an alpha male, Asuka is a jealous bitch, and Rei is a boring albino? You're right, I'm sorry, they're terrible characters, I can see it clearly now.

You and your strawman arguments. Its getting amusing now lol

Reasons outlined here:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=94273&currentpage=2052#41037

Still waiting for a rebuttal! Hopefully without strawmen!

That's exactly what I found in the post you linked?

You said Shinji is "by far the worst main character ever featured in an anime" because:

All this little bastard does is whine, cry, complain, and masturbate to a chick he put into a hospital. I'M NOT FUCKING MAKING IT UP HE REALLY DID THAT HOLY SHIT THAT SCENE WASN'T AWKWARD AT ALL, WAS IT? Now let me be clear, I really have a problem with characters who start out like that. Some of my favorite anime of all time have MCs who start out like that. But the question is whether or not they develop, and grow into a character past that. Does Shinji follow in the footsteps of Amuro Ray, mature as a character, and become a better person by the end of the series?


This can be pretty much summed up by saying that you dislike Shinji because he's an awkward, introverted and cowardly kid and he never matures into a better person.

We have Asuka, the "hot" female lead, who Shinji has a crush on. Shes a total, insufferable bitch. No, not a tsundere. Even fucking Louise from ZnT is more tsundere than Asuka. Asuka is just a bitch. And she is for the entire series. She is also a jelly bitch.


You dislike Asuka as a character because she's a jealous bitch. There is literally nothing else in here, that's exactly what I said.

Rei is an inhuman albino. She isn't cute in the least. Shes boring as fuck. What people see in her, I will never understand.


Rei is a boring albino and she isn't cute. Again, I'm not seeing any other reasons over here.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Here's a straw man for you bro, you seem to really like those a lot.


On May 04 2012 04:37 Sentenal wrote:
Yes, this is how people express their personal opinions, especially when discussing Chinese cartoons.

Yes, it is. If I call something bad or good, saying both is stating an opinion. I could call something a masterpiece, and the best anime ever made, and it would still be an opinion (and I wonder if you would get so butt-hurt over me doing that?).

Also, how is me calling something shit and garbage the same as telling people that they aren't allowed to enjoy it? There seems to be a logical step you are skipping. People are free to enjoy garbage. I haven't told anyone they aren't allowed to enjoy shitty anime. I can't understand how they can like that shit, but that doesn't meant they aren't allowed to.
Again, I don't think this is how opinions and personal taste work, but I might be wrong.

Okay, and now explain to me how "saying that you dislike Shinji because he's an awkward, introverted and cowardly kid and he never matures into a better person." is the same the same thing as "Shinji never becomes an alpha male", or any of the other like statements you have characterized my posts with?
Is there a difference? You say Shinji is a bad character because he never stops being introverted and cowardly, i.e., he never becomes an "alpha male". I still don't see how this makes him a bad character. It's wrong to say that he has no character development, as he does change considerably during the series, even if he does end up in a similar situation to how he was at first. So you don't really have any reason beyond him being introverted and cowardly.

I noticed you didn't really say anything about Asuka and Rei, so I assume you really do think they're bad characters because they'd be unpleasant to talk to.

Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 05:00 Sentenal wrote:
Again, I don't think this is how opinions and personal taste work, but I might be wrong.

You are.
ok sorry

you are trash as a human being you are literally the dumbest piece on shit on the face of earth and i have no idea how your parents could stand raising a shit stain like you without giving you up for adoption (not that anyone would be retarded enough to adopt garbage like you LOL)

this is opinion i didnt say anything ojective people are allowed to like trash like you i cant tell people not to like shitty wastes of life lol

User was temp banned for this post.

OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
May 03 2012 20:59 GMT
#20656
heyoka with the re-evaluations of some of the recent bans: one increased (Sokao), two decreased (StorkHwaiting, ninazerg). Just another normal day at work, or was there some mod-only-top-secret discussions regarding them?
[TLMS] REBOOT
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
May 03 2012 21:14 GMT
#20657
On May 04 2012 05:55 dAPhREAk wrote:
anime discussions are pretty intense.

Show nested quote +
mcimba42 was just temp banned for 1 week by GMarshal.

That account was created on 2011-10-06 00:57:27 and had 45 posts.

Reason: Quoting, for reference
ok sorry

you are trash as a human being you are literally the dumbest piece on shit on the face of earth and i have no idea how your parents could stand raising a shit stain like you without giving you up for adoption (not that anyone would be retarded enough to adopt garbage like you LOL)

this is opinion i didnt say anything ojective people are allowed to like trash like you i cant tell people not to like shitty wastes of life lol


Make another post like that, and you are out of here.

Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 05:35 mcimba42 wrote:
On May 04 2012 05:00 Sentenal wrote:
On May 04 2012 04:53 mcimba42 wrote:
On May 04 2012 04:37 Sentenal wrote:
And what are those reasons? Shinji never becomes an alpha male, Asuka is a jealous bitch, and Rei is a boring albino? You're right, I'm sorry, they're terrible characters, I can see it clearly now.

You and your strawman arguments. Its getting amusing now lol

Reasons outlined here:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=94273&currentpage=2052#41037

Still waiting for a rebuttal! Hopefully without strawmen!

That's exactly what I found in the post you linked?

You said Shinji is "by far the worst main character ever featured in an anime" because:

All this little bastard does is whine, cry, complain, and masturbate to a chick he put into a hospital. I'M NOT FUCKING MAKING IT UP HE REALLY DID THAT HOLY SHIT THAT SCENE WASN'T AWKWARD AT ALL, WAS IT? Now let me be clear, I really have a problem with characters who start out like that. Some of my favorite anime of all time have MCs who start out like that. But the question is whether or not they develop, and grow into a character past that. Does Shinji follow in the footsteps of Amuro Ray, mature as a character, and become a better person by the end of the series?


This can be pretty much summed up by saying that you dislike Shinji because he's an awkward, introverted and cowardly kid and he never matures into a better person.

We have Asuka, the "hot" female lead, who Shinji has a crush on. Shes a total, insufferable bitch. No, not a tsundere. Even fucking Louise from ZnT is more tsundere than Asuka. Asuka is just a bitch. And she is for the entire series. She is also a jelly bitch.


You dislike Asuka as a character because she's a jealous bitch. There is literally nothing else in here, that's exactly what I said.

Rei is an inhuman albino. She isn't cute in the least. Shes boring as fuck. What people see in her, I will never understand.


Rei is a boring albino and she isn't cute. Again, I'm not seeing any other reasons over here.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Here's a straw man for you bro, you seem to really like those a lot.


On May 04 2012 04:37 Sentenal wrote:
Yes, this is how people express their personal opinions, especially when discussing Chinese cartoons.

Yes, it is. If I call something bad or good, saying both is stating an opinion. I could call something a masterpiece, and the best anime ever made, and it would still be an opinion (and I wonder if you would get so butt-hurt over me doing that?).

Also, how is me calling something shit and garbage the same as telling people that they aren't allowed to enjoy it? There seems to be a logical step you are skipping. People are free to enjoy garbage. I haven't told anyone they aren't allowed to enjoy shitty anime. I can't understand how they can like that shit, but that doesn't meant they aren't allowed to.
Again, I don't think this is how opinions and personal taste work, but I might be wrong.

Okay, and now explain to me how "saying that you dislike Shinji because he's an awkward, introverted and cowardly kid and he never matures into a better person." is the same the same thing as "Shinji never becomes an alpha male", or any of the other like statements you have characterized my posts with?
Is there a difference? You say Shinji is a bad character because he never stops being introverted and cowardly, i.e., he never becomes an "alpha male". I still don't see how this makes him a bad character. It's wrong to say that he has no character development, as he does change considerably during the series, even if he does end up in a similar situation to how he was at first. So you don't really have any reason beyond him being introverted and cowardly.

I noticed you didn't really say anything about Asuka and Rei, so I assume you really do think they're bad characters because they'd be unpleasant to talk to.

On May 04 2012 05:00 Sentenal wrote:
Again, I don't think this is how opinions and personal taste work, but I might be wrong.

You are.
ok sorry

you are trash as a human being you are literally the dumbest piece on shit on the face of earth and i have no idea how your parents could stand raising a shit stain like you without giving you up for adoption (not that anyone would be retarded enough to adopt garbage like you LOL)

this is opinion i didnt say anything ojective people are allowed to like trash like you i cant tell people not to like shitty wastes of life lol

User was temp banned for this post.



Ahh, how tempting it is to enter the Anime thread and refer to them as "cartoons".
memes are a dish best served dank
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
May 03 2012 21:17 GMT
#20658
On May 04 2012 06:14 marttorn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 05:55 dAPhREAk wrote:
anime discussions are pretty intense.

mcimba42 was just temp banned for 1 week by GMarshal.

That account was created on 2011-10-06 00:57:27 and had 45 posts.

Reason: Quoting, for reference
ok sorry

you are trash as a human being you are literally the dumbest piece on shit on the face of earth and i have no idea how your parents could stand raising a shit stain like you without giving you up for adoption (not that anyone would be retarded enough to adopt garbage like you LOL)

this is opinion i didnt say anything ojective people are allowed to like trash like you i cant tell people not to like shitty wastes of life lol


Make another post like that, and you are out of here.

On May 04 2012 05:35 mcimba42 wrote:
On May 04 2012 05:00 Sentenal wrote:
On May 04 2012 04:53 mcimba42 wrote:
On May 04 2012 04:37 Sentenal wrote:
And what are those reasons? Shinji never becomes an alpha male, Asuka is a jealous bitch, and Rei is a boring albino? You're right, I'm sorry, they're terrible characters, I can see it clearly now.

You and your strawman arguments. Its getting amusing now lol

Reasons outlined here:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=94273&currentpage=2052#41037

Still waiting for a rebuttal! Hopefully without strawmen!

That's exactly what I found in the post you linked?

You said Shinji is "by far the worst main character ever featured in an anime" because:

All this little bastard does is whine, cry, complain, and masturbate to a chick he put into a hospital. I'M NOT FUCKING MAKING IT UP HE REALLY DID THAT HOLY SHIT THAT SCENE WASN'T AWKWARD AT ALL, WAS IT? Now let me be clear, I really have a problem with characters who start out like that. Some of my favorite anime of all time have MCs who start out like that. But the question is whether or not they develop, and grow into a character past that. Does Shinji follow in the footsteps of Amuro Ray, mature as a character, and become a better person by the end of the series?


This can be pretty much summed up by saying that you dislike Shinji because he's an awkward, introverted and cowardly kid and he never matures into a better person.

We have Asuka, the "hot" female lead, who Shinji has a crush on. Shes a total, insufferable bitch. No, not a tsundere. Even fucking Louise from ZnT is more tsundere than Asuka. Asuka is just a bitch. And she is for the entire series. She is also a jelly bitch.


You dislike Asuka as a character because she's a jealous bitch. There is literally nothing else in here, that's exactly what I said.

Rei is an inhuman albino. She isn't cute in the least. Shes boring as fuck. What people see in her, I will never understand.


Rei is a boring albino and she isn't cute. Again, I'm not seeing any other reasons over here.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Here's a straw man for you bro, you seem to really like those a lot.


On May 04 2012 04:37 Sentenal wrote:
Yes, this is how people express their personal opinions, especially when discussing Chinese cartoons.

Yes, it is. If I call something bad or good, saying both is stating an opinion. I could call something a masterpiece, and the best anime ever made, and it would still be an opinion (and I wonder if you would get so butt-hurt over me doing that?).

Also, how is me calling something shit and garbage the same as telling people that they aren't allowed to enjoy it? There seems to be a logical step you are skipping. People are free to enjoy garbage. I haven't told anyone they aren't allowed to enjoy shitty anime. I can't understand how they can like that shit, but that doesn't meant they aren't allowed to.
Again, I don't think this is how opinions and personal taste work, but I might be wrong.

Okay, and now explain to me how "saying that you dislike Shinji because he's an awkward, introverted and cowardly kid and he never matures into a better person." is the same the same thing as "Shinji never becomes an alpha male", or any of the other like statements you have characterized my posts with?
Is there a difference? You say Shinji is a bad character because he never stops being introverted and cowardly, i.e., he never becomes an "alpha male". I still don't see how this makes him a bad character. It's wrong to say that he has no character development, as he does change considerably during the series, even if he does end up in a similar situation to how he was at first. So you don't really have any reason beyond him being introverted and cowardly.

I noticed you didn't really say anything about Asuka and Rei, so I assume you really do think they're bad characters because they'd be unpleasant to talk to.

On May 04 2012 05:00 Sentenal wrote:
Again, I don't think this is how opinions and personal taste work, but I might be wrong.

You are.
ok sorry

you are trash as a human being you are literally the dumbest piece on shit on the face of earth and i have no idea how your parents could stand raising a shit stain like you without giving you up for adoption (not that anyone would be retarded enough to adopt garbage like you LOL)

this is opinion i didnt say anything ojective people are allowed to like trash like you i cant tell people not to like shitty wastes of life lol

User was temp banned for this post.



Ahh, how tempting it is to enter the Anime thread and refer to them as "cartoons".


I would be seriously offended
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
May 03 2012 21:20 GMT
#20659
On May 04 2012 06:14 marttorn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 05:55 dAPhREAk wrote:
anime discussions are pretty intense.

mcimba42 was just temp banned for 1 week by GMarshal.

That account was created on 2011-10-06 00:57:27 and had 45 posts.

Reason: Quoting, for reference
ok sorry

you are trash as a human being you are literally the dumbest piece on shit on the face of earth and i have no idea how your parents could stand raising a shit stain like you without giving you up for adoption (not that anyone would be retarded enough to adopt garbage like you LOL)

this is opinion i didnt say anything ojective people are allowed to like trash like you i cant tell people not to like shitty wastes of life lol


Make another post like that, and you are out of here.

On May 04 2012 05:35 mcimba42 wrote:
On May 04 2012 05:00 Sentenal wrote:
On May 04 2012 04:53 mcimba42 wrote:
On May 04 2012 04:37 Sentenal wrote:
And what are those reasons? Shinji never becomes an alpha male, Asuka is a jealous bitch, and Rei is a boring albino? You're right, I'm sorry, they're terrible characters, I can see it clearly now.

You and your strawman arguments. Its getting amusing now lol

Reasons outlined here:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=94273&currentpage=2052#41037

Still waiting for a rebuttal! Hopefully without strawmen!

That's exactly what I found in the post you linked?

You said Shinji is "by far the worst main character ever featured in an anime" because:

All this little bastard does is whine, cry, complain, and masturbate to a chick he put into a hospital. I'M NOT FUCKING MAKING IT UP HE REALLY DID THAT HOLY SHIT THAT SCENE WASN'T AWKWARD AT ALL, WAS IT? Now let me be clear, I really have a problem with characters who start out like that. Some of my favorite anime of all time have MCs who start out like that. But the question is whether or not they develop, and grow into a character past that. Does Shinji follow in the footsteps of Amuro Ray, mature as a character, and become a better person by the end of the series?


This can be pretty much summed up by saying that you dislike Shinji because he's an awkward, introverted and cowardly kid and he never matures into a better person.

We have Asuka, the "hot" female lead, who Shinji has a crush on. Shes a total, insufferable bitch. No, not a tsundere. Even fucking Louise from ZnT is more tsundere than Asuka. Asuka is just a bitch. And she is for the entire series. She is also a jelly bitch.


You dislike Asuka as a character because she's a jealous bitch. There is literally nothing else in here, that's exactly what I said.

Rei is an inhuman albino. She isn't cute in the least. Shes boring as fuck. What people see in her, I will never understand.


Rei is a boring albino and she isn't cute. Again, I'm not seeing any other reasons over here.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Here's a straw man for you bro, you seem to really like those a lot.


On May 04 2012 04:37 Sentenal wrote:
Yes, this is how people express their personal opinions, especially when discussing Chinese cartoons.

Yes, it is. If I call something bad or good, saying both is stating an opinion. I could call something a masterpiece, and the best anime ever made, and it would still be an opinion (and I wonder if you would get so butt-hurt over me doing that?).

Also, how is me calling something shit and garbage the same as telling people that they aren't allowed to enjoy it? There seems to be a logical step you are skipping. People are free to enjoy garbage. I haven't told anyone they aren't allowed to enjoy shitty anime. I can't understand how they can like that shit, but that doesn't meant they aren't allowed to.
Again, I don't think this is how opinions and personal taste work, but I might be wrong.

Okay, and now explain to me how "saying that you dislike Shinji because he's an awkward, introverted and cowardly kid and he never matures into a better person." is the same the same thing as "Shinji never becomes an alpha male", or any of the other like statements you have characterized my posts with?
Is there a difference? You say Shinji is a bad character because he never stops being introverted and cowardly, i.e., he never becomes an "alpha male". I still don't see how this makes him a bad character. It's wrong to say that he has no character development, as he does change considerably during the series, even if he does end up in a similar situation to how he was at first. So you don't really have any reason beyond him being introverted and cowardly.

I noticed you didn't really say anything about Asuka and Rei, so I assume you really do think they're bad characters because they'd be unpleasant to talk to.

On May 04 2012 05:00 Sentenal wrote:
Again, I don't think this is how opinions and personal taste work, but I might be wrong.

You are.
ok sorry

you are trash as a human being you are literally the dumbest piece on shit on the face of earth and i have no idea how your parents could stand raising a shit stain like you without giving you up for adoption (not that anyone would be retarded enough to adopt garbage like you LOL)

this is opinion i didnt say anything ojective people are allowed to like trash like you i cant tell people not to like shitty wastes of life lol

User was temp banned for this post.



Ahh, how tempting it is to enter the Anime thread and refer to them as "cartoons".

i think you mean "cartoons with exaggerated boobs and gratuitous upskirt shots."
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
May 03 2012 21:22 GMT
#20660
On May 04 2012 06:20 dAPhREAk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 06:14 marttorn wrote:
On May 04 2012 05:55 dAPhREAk wrote:
anime discussions are pretty intense.

mcimba42 was just temp banned for 1 week by GMarshal.

That account was created on 2011-10-06 00:57:27 and had 45 posts.

Reason: Quoting, for reference
ok sorry

you are trash as a human being you are literally the dumbest piece on shit on the face of earth and i have no idea how your parents could stand raising a shit stain like you without giving you up for adoption (not that anyone would be retarded enough to adopt garbage like you LOL)

this is opinion i didnt say anything ojective people are allowed to like trash like you i cant tell people not to like shitty wastes of life lol


Make another post like that, and you are out of here.

On May 04 2012 05:35 mcimba42 wrote:
On May 04 2012 05:00 Sentenal wrote:
On May 04 2012 04:53 mcimba42 wrote:
On May 04 2012 04:37 Sentenal wrote:
And what are those reasons? Shinji never becomes an alpha male, Asuka is a jealous bitch, and Rei is a boring albino? You're right, I'm sorry, they're terrible characters, I can see it clearly now.

You and your strawman arguments. Its getting amusing now lol

Reasons outlined here:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=94273&currentpage=2052#41037

Still waiting for a rebuttal! Hopefully without strawmen!

That's exactly what I found in the post you linked?

You said Shinji is "by far the worst main character ever featured in an anime" because:

All this little bastard does is whine, cry, complain, and masturbate to a chick he put into a hospital. I'M NOT FUCKING MAKING IT UP HE REALLY DID THAT HOLY SHIT THAT SCENE WASN'T AWKWARD AT ALL, WAS IT? Now let me be clear, I really have a problem with characters who start out like that. Some of my favorite anime of all time have MCs who start out like that. But the question is whether or not they develop, and grow into a character past that. Does Shinji follow in the footsteps of Amuro Ray, mature as a character, and become a better person by the end of the series?


This can be pretty much summed up by saying that you dislike Shinji because he's an awkward, introverted and cowardly kid and he never matures into a better person.

We have Asuka, the "hot" female lead, who Shinji has a crush on. Shes a total, insufferable bitch. No, not a tsundere. Even fucking Louise from ZnT is more tsundere than Asuka. Asuka is just a bitch. And she is for the entire series. She is also a jelly bitch.


You dislike Asuka as a character because she's a jealous bitch. There is literally nothing else in here, that's exactly what I said.

Rei is an inhuman albino. She isn't cute in the least. Shes boring as fuck. What people see in her, I will never understand.


Rei is a boring albino and she isn't cute. Again, I'm not seeing any other reasons over here.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Here's a straw man for you bro, you seem to really like those a lot.


On May 04 2012 04:37 Sentenal wrote:
Yes, this is how people express their personal opinions, especially when discussing Chinese cartoons.

Yes, it is. If I call something bad or good, saying both is stating an opinion. I could call something a masterpiece, and the best anime ever made, and it would still be an opinion (and I wonder if you would get so butt-hurt over me doing that?).

Also, how is me calling something shit and garbage the same as telling people that they aren't allowed to enjoy it? There seems to be a logical step you are skipping. People are free to enjoy garbage. I haven't told anyone they aren't allowed to enjoy shitty anime. I can't understand how they can like that shit, but that doesn't meant they aren't allowed to.
Again, I don't think this is how opinions and personal taste work, but I might be wrong.

Okay, and now explain to me how "saying that you dislike Shinji because he's an awkward, introverted and cowardly kid and he never matures into a better person." is the same the same thing as "Shinji never becomes an alpha male", or any of the other like statements you have characterized my posts with?
Is there a difference? You say Shinji is a bad character because he never stops being introverted and cowardly, i.e., he never becomes an "alpha male". I still don't see how this makes him a bad character. It's wrong to say that he has no character development, as he does change considerably during the series, even if he does end up in a similar situation to how he was at first. So you don't really have any reason beyond him being introverted and cowardly.

I noticed you didn't really say anything about Asuka and Rei, so I assume you really do think they're bad characters because they'd be unpleasant to talk to.

On May 04 2012 05:00 Sentenal wrote:
Again, I don't think this is how opinions and personal taste work, but I might be wrong.

You are.
ok sorry

you are trash as a human being you are literally the dumbest piece on shit on the face of earth and i have no idea how your parents could stand raising a shit stain like you without giving you up for adoption (not that anyone would be retarded enough to adopt garbage like you LOL)

this is opinion i didnt say anything ojective people are allowed to like trash like you i cant tell people not to like shitty wastes of life lol

User was temp banned for this post.



Ahh, how tempting it is to enter the Anime thread and refer to them as "cartoons".

i think you mean "cartoons with exaggerated boobs and gratuitous upskirt shots."


Well, to be fair- Err, I won't start with anime in here. Their boobs are exaggerated, though.
memes are a dish best served dank
Prev 1 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Rogue
Classic vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1086
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech130
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48826
Shuttle 9669
FanTaSy 1462
Hyuk 916
Horang2 478
BeSt 378
EffOrt 240
Pusan 205
Last 188
Soma 135
[ Show more ]
Zeus 129
Mind 106
Hyun 83
hero 73
ggaemo 68
Killer 66
Sea.KH 62
Snow 54
Hm[arnc] 43
PianO 35
ToSsGirL 33
Sexy 32
Aegong 29
Bale 27
JYJ 18
zelot 17
NaDa 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Sacsri 8
Rock 7
Noble 6
Icarus 4
Dota 2
qojqva1800
Gorgc1252
Dendi1058
XcaliburYe319
Counter-Strike
fl0m2585
x6flipin480
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu487
Khaldor295
Other Games
gofns43341
B2W.Neo1096
byalli619
Beastyqt425
Hui .179
Livibee177
Mlord166
ArmadaUGS104
Mew2King60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick701
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream58
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2427
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 46m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 46m
Replay Cast
9h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 46m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 46m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.