• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:24
CEST 09:24
KST 16:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9126 users

Ask TL Staff Anything - Page 308

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 306 307 308 309 310 322 Next
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
October 08 2011 05:07 GMT
#6141
On October 08 2011 14:05 CleanableCow wrote:
A buy/sell/trade section.

Considered and rejected. It won't happen.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
CleanableCow
Profile Joined August 2011
United States18 Posts
October 08 2011 05:10 GMT
#6142
So TL members can bst with other legit members they know and trust. I guess we'll see why there isn't one when a staff member posts.
CleanableCow
Profile Joined August 2011
United States18 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-08 05:14:19
October 08 2011 05:12 GMT
#6143
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-08 05:16:12
October 08 2011 05:15 GMT
#6144
On October 08 2011 14:10 CleanableCow wrote:
So TL members can bst with other legit members they know and trust. I guess we'll see why there isn't one when a staff member posts.


Well, that would thrash the advertising policy, potentially open TL up to liability. Besides, I tend to go to a website for a reason. For craigslist, I go to craigslist, for TL, I go to TL. I like it that way. No, I'm not staff, but it wouldn't surprise me if those reasons were in the discussion.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
October 08 2011 05:16 GMT
#6145
On October 08 2011 14:15 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 14:10 CleanableCow wrote:
So TL members can bst with other legit members they know and trust. I guess we'll see why there isn't one when a staff member posts.


Well, that would thrash the advertising policy, potentially open TL up to liability. Besides, I tend to go to a website for a reason. For craigslist, I go to craigslist, for TL, I go to TL. I like it that way. No, I'm not staff, but it wouldn't surprise me if those reasons were in the discussion.
That's pretty much it.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
CleanableCow
Profile Joined August 2011
United States18 Posts
October 08 2011 05:20 GMT
#6146
I see, too bad. I use PbN's buy/sell/trade a ton but a TL one would kick ass.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
October 08 2011 07:13 GMT
#6147
Will staff show some great shots of the TL Vets :3?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Etherone
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1898 Posts
October 08 2011 07:18 GMT
#6148
On October 08 2011 16:13 Torte de Lini wrote:
Will staff show some great shots of the TL Vets :3?

http://www.teamliquid.net/gallery/
all the vets you could ask for
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
October 08 2011 07:19 GMT
#6149
On October 08 2011 16:18 Etherone wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 16:13 Torte de Lini wrote:
Will staff show some great shots of the TL Vets :3?

http://www.teamliquid.net/gallery/
all the vets you could ask for


I'm aware, looking for more recent shots naturally :B
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
October 08 2011 08:53 GMT
#6150
On October 08 2011 16:18 Etherone wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 16:13 Torte de Lini wrote:
Will staff show some great shots of the TL Vets :3?

http://www.teamliquid.net/gallery/
all the vets you could ask for


wow wow, the rumors about JWD's handsomeness are true O_O mesmerized
memes are a dish best served dank
Kurr
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2338 Posts
October 08 2011 16:49 GMT
#6151
Who makes the funniest use of the report feature?
Or alternatively, what is the funniest message you've gotten on a report?

The hidden gems that no one else can see.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ | ┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
rockerman101
Profile Joined June 2011
United States85 Posts
October 08 2011 17:14 GMT
#6152
what do u guys think of our awesome MLP thread here?
Holy Check
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Romania155 Posts
October 08 2011 17:58 GMT
#6153
Why always so quick with the warnings and bans? It's like half the topics on TL have at least one warning / ban every 3 pages. Needless to say most of them only make sense for the mods themselves.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
October 08 2011 18:01 GMT
#6154
On October 09 2011 02:58 Holy Check wrote:
Why always so quick with the warnings and bans? It's like half the topics on TL have at least one warning / ban every 3 pages. Needless to say most of them only make sense for the mods themselves.


Example?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
October 08 2011 18:02 GMT
#6155
On October 09 2011 02:58 Holy Check wrote:
Why always so quick with the warnings and bans? It's like half the topics on TL have at least one warning / ban every 3 pages. Needless to say most of them only make sense for the mods themselves.

?
I feel like pretty much every ban and warning I see is justified, theres the occasional one that requires some backstory, but I have yet to see a ban I completely disagree with...
Moderator
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-08 18:11:31
October 08 2011 18:06 GMT
#6156
On October 09 2011 02:58 Holy Check wrote:
Why always so quick with the warnings and bans? It's like half the topics on TL have at least one warning / ban every 3 pages. Needless to say most of them only make sense for the mods themselves.


I can't think of a single ban that I haven't understood, even my own ban I thought was very justified. It's very simple, don't post like a dick or do things like post memes, terrible one-liners etc.. and you won't get banned? As far as I understand anyway It's not really my role to answer questions like these, but I don't think the mods are ban-happy or anything, it's just that TL has some of the best moderation on the internet and will crack down fast and show people the consequences of their actions.

edit: Not to be an ass, really, but going through your recent posting I'm not surprised to see a temp and a warning >,< explains this post a bit more.
memes are a dish best served dank
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
October 08 2011 18:10 GMT
#6157
HerO fighting? Y/N
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
October 08 2011 18:14 GMT
#6158
On October 09 2011 03:10 Probe1 wrote:
HerO fighting? Y/Y

Fixed.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 08 2011 19:27 GMT
#6159
On October 09 2011 02:58 Holy Check wrote:
Why always so quick with the warnings and bans? It's like half the topics on TL have at least one warning / ban every 3 pages. Needless to say most of them only make sense for the mods themselves.


Uhm... I think they're quick with bans and warnings when people break the site rules because they're actively moderating? The biggest vaguely legitimate complaints I've had with my warnings and ban were either "He deserved what I said" or "But that wasn't even the mean part of the conversation".
Holy Check
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Romania155 Posts
October 08 2011 19:49 GMT
#6160
On October 09 2011 03:06 marttorn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 02:58 Holy Check wrote:
Why always so quick with the warnings and bans? It's like half the topics on TL have at least one warning / ban every 3 pages. Needless to say most of them only make sense for the mods themselves.


I can't think of a single ban that I haven't understood, even my own ban I thought was very justified. It's very simple, don't post like a dick or do things like post memes, terrible one-liners etc.. and you won't get banned? As far as I understand anyway It's not really my role to answer questions like these, but I don't think the mods are ban-happy or anything, it's just that TL has some of the best moderation on the internet and will crack down fast and show people the consequences of their actions.

edit: Not to be an ass, really, but going through your recent posting I'm not surprised to see a temp and a warning >,< explains this post a bit more.



My posting is not the issue here, though I will more than gladly talk about it via PM. Some of my bans were justified, some were overeager, some were overextended and some had lackluster justification. I agree that my views on moderation are more on the lenient side, but I have been lurking for the past ~3 years just because I felt TL had a certain fascist allure.
Sure, as long as everyone shared the same opinion, was exceedingly polite, jovial and politically correct, things were fine. But express an opinion without sugar coating it and making sure no one on the Internet will get their e-feelings slightly hurt, and you will get smacked in the face. And once you get smacked once, you are a troll and every post you make is a flame.
Prev 1 306 307 308 309 310 322 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 524
GuemChi 446
Leta 359
sSak 37
Bale 33
sorry 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Noble 11
910 8
Dota 2
febbydoto19
League of Legends
JimRising 548
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss433
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King131
Other Games
summit1g8386
ceh9456
Happy447
olofmeister412
Trikslyr21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick498
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast38
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2236
League of Legends
• Stunt403
Other Games
• Shiphtur473
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 36m
Patches Events
8h 36m
The PondCast
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.