• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:14
CEST 10:14
KST 17:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8894 users

Ask TL Staff Anything - Page 310

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 308 309 310 311 312 322 Next
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 09 2011 02:26 GMT
#6181
On October 09 2011 11:09 Ares[Effort] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 09:05 Kipsate wrote:
Aeres why are you banned

chobo.


Aeres was just temp banned for 2 days by Ares[Effort].

That account was created on 2010-07-16 05:22:24 and had 3029 posts.

Reason: thought he was better than me?


zzzz

Anyway mods do make questionable decisions sometimes, why?because they are human

well, except for Nvyone.

Aeres was banned for overall bad posting and excessive bm, he got lucky with 2 day maybe next time it will be perm!


I thought it was because you were jealous that everyone likes him more than you?
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
October 09 2011 02:38 GMT
#6182
On October 09 2011 11:09 Ares[Effort] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 09:05 Kipsate wrote:
Aeres why are you banned

chobo.


Aeres was just temp banned for 2 days by Ares[Effort].

That account was created on 2010-07-16 05:22:24 and had 3029 posts.

Reason: thought he was better than me?


zzzz

Anyway mods do make questionable decisions sometimes, why?because they are human

well, except for Nvyone.

Aeres was banned for overall bad posting and excessive bm, he got lucky with 2 day maybe next time it will be perm!

Rofl, haters gonna hate.
God Bless
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
October 09 2011 03:09 GMT
#6183
Ares wish he had an extra e in his name.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
BobTheLob
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada362 Posts
October 09 2011 03:10 GMT
#6184
On October 09 2011 11:04 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 10:57 BobTheLob wrote:
am i weird for only really posting in two threads most of the time?

EDIT: and being sober for about 1/3 of the time i spend of TL?


Yes to the first, no to the second.


so can we make a sober thread then if the majority of the time people are drunk
BobTheLob Lurker extraordinaire
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
October 09 2011 03:11 GMT
#6185
On October 09 2011 12:10 BobTheLob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 11:04 JingleHell wrote:
On October 09 2011 10:57 BobTheLob wrote:
am i weird for only really posting in two threads most of the time?

EDIT: and being sober for about 1/3 of the time i spend of TL?


Yes to the first, no to the second.


so can we make a sober thread then if the majority of the time people are drunk


This is the secret to my posting.
I stay sober.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 09 2011 03:16 GMT
#6186
On October 09 2011 12:11 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 12:10 BobTheLob wrote:
On October 09 2011 11:04 JingleHell wrote:
On October 09 2011 10:57 BobTheLob wrote:
am i weird for only really posting in two threads most of the time?

EDIT: and being sober for about 1/3 of the time i spend of TL?


Yes to the first, no to the second.


so can we make a sober thread then if the majority of the time people are drunk


This is the secret to my posting.
I stay sober.


Since I'm nicer when I'm drunk, my moderation history suggests I should Post While Intoxicated more often.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-09 03:26:23
October 09 2011 03:25 GMT
#6187
5 out of 6 of my warnings were after long ass live report thread nights where I stayed up the next day and was so delirious I thought I was torte and could post that much without the quality going to shit.

Let this be a warning to all the kids. Don't post tired. Look twice save a life.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 09 2011 03:30 GMT
#6188
On October 09 2011 12:25 Probe1 wrote:
5 out of 6 of my warnings were after long ass live report thread nights where I stayed up the next day and was so delirious I thought I was torte and could post that much without the quality going to shit.

Let this be a warning to all the kids. Don't post tired. Look twice save a life.


I usually get in trouble for forgetting to only be an asshole to people who asked for it. But I've been doing better lately. No moderation since my temp.
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
October 09 2011 03:36 GMT
#6189
On October 09 2011 12:25 Probe1 wrote:
5 out of 6 of my warnings were after long ass live report thread nights where I stayed up the next day and was so delirious I thought I was torte and could post that much without the quality going to shit.

Let this be a warning to all the kids. Don't post tired. Look twice save a life.

I don't usually balance whine,but when I do,I camouflage it as a milestone post.
Cackle™
BobTheLob
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada362 Posts
October 09 2011 03:42 GMT
#6190
should we do a poll to see how many people post sober? + Show Spoiler +
and how many lie
BobTheLob Lurker extraordinaire
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
October 09 2011 05:36 GMT
#6191
Quick Question:

How come liquibets haven't been updated yet?
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
October 09 2011 07:40 GMT
#6192
Everyone's at IPL
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
October 09 2011 07:51 GMT
#6193
On October 09 2011 16:40 Torte de Lini wrote:
Everyone's at IPL

Clarification: Everyone's staff at IPL.
Thank God and gunrun.
Holy Check
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Romania155 Posts
October 09 2011 08:03 GMT
#6194
On October 09 2011 04:59 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 04:49 Holy Check wrote:
On October 09 2011 03:06 marttorn wrote:
On October 09 2011 02:58 Holy Check wrote:
Why always so quick with the warnings and bans? It's like half the topics on TL have at least one warning / ban every 3 pages. Needless to say most of them only make sense for the mods themselves.


I can't think of a single ban that I haven't understood, even my own ban I thought was very justified. It's very simple, don't post like a dick or do things like post memes, terrible one-liners etc.. and you won't get banned? As far as I understand anyway It's not really my role to answer questions like these, but I don't think the mods are ban-happy or anything, it's just that TL has some of the best moderation on the internet and will crack down fast and show people the consequences of their actions.

edit: Not to be an ass, really, but going through your recent posting I'm not surprised to see a temp and a warning >,< explains this post a bit more.



My posting is not the issue here, though I will more than gladly talk about it via PM. Some of my bans were justified, some were overeager, some were overextended and some had lackluster justification. I agree that my views on moderation are more on the lenient side, but I have been lurking for the past ~3 years just because I felt TL had a certain fascist allure.
Sure, as long as everyone shared the same opinion, was exceedingly polite, jovial and politically correct, things were fine. But express an opinion without sugar coating it and making sure no one on the Internet will get their e-feelings slightly hurt, and you will get smacked in the face. And once you get smacked once, you are a troll and every post you make is a flame.


This is a load of shit. I'm TL's biggest mostly surviving asshole. It's not about being blunt or direct, or any of that. It's about timing, and whether you're escalating a situation or responding reasonably. I'm at just over 0.1% moderated posts, and a lot of mine are way harsher than yours. I just do it better. Learn how to attack the post instead of the poster, avoid ad hominem attacks, and don't insult the mentally handicapped by calling morons retarded.

Your posting IS the issue here, because other people do it different and don't get in trouble.

Out of curiosity, if your posting isn't the issue, who's posting is getting you moderated incessantly so that you feel the need to complain about it?



See that's the problem. I don't want to have to take particular care of how my post comes out. As long as I am expressing a valid opinion and I'm not insulting someone directly, everything should be fine.

And that ad hominem attack is the biggest bullshit ever. Half the bans are given behind that facade. What is an ad hominem attack? How can you attack the post without attacking / implying an attack on the poster? If you say a post is superficial for example, doesn't that automatically mean that the poster is kinda superficial? One of my bans was because I said someone's memory doesn't serve him right. How is that ad hominem enough to justify a ban?

As I said, my posting alone is not the issue, but it might be the reason for this discussion. I have been surfing TL for a long time and every day I used to see people getting warned or banned for the most inoffensive posts. Not to mention mods having the time and resources to actually track down and ban people who just make a random post on huge 3 pages an hour topics. Which gave me the impression that the manpower and resources dedicated to this cause is well beyond overkill.

I don't have the ~6-8 hours to make a comprehensive collection of all the bans I consider gratuitous, but keep an eye out for it when surfing TL and you might notice it too.
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
October 09 2011 08:12 GMT
#6195
On October 09 2011 17:03 Holy Check wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 04:59 JingleHell wrote:
On October 09 2011 04:49 Holy Check wrote:
On October 09 2011 03:06 marttorn wrote:
On October 09 2011 02:58 Holy Check wrote:
Why always so quick with the warnings and bans? It's like half the topics on TL have at least one warning / ban every 3 pages. Needless to say most of them only make sense for the mods themselves.


I can't think of a single ban that I haven't understood, even my own ban I thought was very justified. It's very simple, don't post like a dick or do things like post memes, terrible one-liners etc.. and you won't get banned? As far as I understand anyway It's not really my role to answer questions like these, but I don't think the mods are ban-happy or anything, it's just that TL has some of the best moderation on the internet and will crack down fast and show people the consequences of their actions.

edit: Not to be an ass, really, but going through your recent posting I'm not surprised to see a temp and a warning >,< explains this post a bit more.



My posting is not the issue here, though I will more than gladly talk about it via PM. Some of my bans were justified, some were overeager, some were overextended and some had lackluster justification. I agree that my views on moderation are more on the lenient side, but I have been lurking for the past ~3 years just because I felt TL had a certain fascist allure.
Sure, as long as everyone shared the same opinion, was exceedingly polite, jovial and politically correct, things were fine. But express an opinion without sugar coating it and making sure no one on the Internet will get their e-feelings slightly hurt, and you will get smacked in the face. And once you get smacked once, you are a troll and every post you make is a flame.


This is a load of shit. I'm TL's biggest mostly surviving asshole. It's not about being blunt or direct, or any of that. It's about timing, and whether you're escalating a situation or responding reasonably. I'm at just over 0.1% moderated posts, and a lot of mine are way harsher than yours. I just do it better. Learn how to attack the post instead of the poster, avoid ad hominem attacks, and don't insult the mentally handicapped by calling morons retarded.

Your posting IS the issue here, because other people do it different and don't get in trouble.

Out of curiosity, if your posting isn't the issue, who's posting is getting you moderated incessantly so that you feel the need to complain about it?


Not to mention mods having the time and resources to actually track down and ban people who just make a random post on huge 3 pages an hour topics. Which gave me the impression that the manpower and resources dedicated to this cause is well beyond overkill.



Ehh I think you misunderstand this... Members who have been on the site for 1 year/have shown themselves to be very trustworthy good posters get a report button. TL doesn't have three mods giving a watchful eye to every post and scrutinizing it. If it's found to be inappropriate then somebody will probably report it.

Also, you don't have to "sugarcoat" your opinion, just don't express it like a dick. I'm under the impression that it's fairly possible to express any opinion without sounding asshole-ish.
memes are a dish best served dank
Holy Check
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Romania155 Posts
October 09 2011 08:15 GMT
#6196
On October 09 2011 05:07 marttorn wrote:
And Holy Check, it's fairly clear that you have a problem with your bans and your posts specifically. If you really really feel like you were being treated unfairly, and if you can express it without being passive-aggressive or sounding bitter, you should go to website feedback, probably. As opposed to basically asking why dum posts get people banned.


No, I do not have a specific problem with my bans and posts. This is an old problem of mine and the reason you are finding out just now is because I have only made a TL account and started posting recently.

As for the feedback, I believe that is redundant. Do you think mods actually have to answer to someone? And if they do, do you think that someone would take the time to actually pass an objective judgement instead of blindly agreeing with the mod?


I think the gist of what I'm saying is that I would have liked TL to be more relaxed. If you are retarded, BM, or just plain stupid you will suffer in real life. But not on the Internet (read TL). Because the Internet will take care so that everyone who calls you out gets punished.
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
October 09 2011 08:27 GMT
#6197
On October 09 2011 17:15 Holy Check wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 05:07 marttorn wrote:
And Holy Check, it's fairly clear that you have a problem with your bans and your posts specifically. If you really really feel like you were being treated unfairly, and if you can express it without being passive-aggressive or sounding bitter, you should go to website feedback, probably. As opposed to basically asking why dum posts get people banned.


No, I do not have a specific problem with my bans and posts. This is an old problem of mine and the reason you are finding out just now is because I have only made a TL account and started posting recently.

As for the feedback, I believe that is redundant. Do you think mods actually have to answer to someone? And if they do, do you think that someone would take the time to actually pass an objective judgement instead of blindly agreeing with the mod?


I think the gist of what I'm saying is that I would have liked TL to be more relaxed. If you are retarded, BM, or just plain stupid you will suffer in real life. But not on the Internet (read TL). Because the Internet will take care so that everyone who calls you out gets punished.


TL can't have relaxed moderation when SC2 is big. Everything was more relaxed, before SC2 came out, but considering the influx of people (and hence more stupidity) TL had to tighten up a little bit.

Oh, and you're not allowed to call people retarded. Is that what you think TL is lacking? People flaming each other? No, TL's forums are of good quality because blatant flaming isn't allowed.

And don't worry dude, this isn't some big government-run conspiracy, the mods do have to answer to you if you have a legit complaint and post it in the website feedback section. It's already happened, somebody posted a thread about a certain mod, saying he was ban-happy. It turns out the OP had 8 bans and 8 warnings (all of the warnings from that particular mod; who could of guessed).

And I reiterate, it's very much the same with you. The original post you made here reeked of bitter, and it's all too obvious you didn't think your particular bans/warnings were justified, so you make up excuses and try to call TL some over-modded hellhole where nobody can express a "valid opinion" and not be at risk of being banned.

Oh yeah, and if you are "retarded" or "BM" you'll probably eventually get banned from TL, too.
memes are a dish best served dank
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
October 09 2011 08:32 GMT
#6198
Anyway.
..

Does anyone on staff surf?
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-09 08:45:27
October 09 2011 08:37 GMT
#6199
On October 09 2011 17:32 Probe1 wrote:
Anyway.
..

Does anyone on staff surf?


No one appreciates my effort

Excuse me while I listen to My Chemical Romance and bury my head in a pillow, crying

+ Show Spoiler +
memes are a dish best served dank
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
October 09 2011 09:07 GMT
#6200
On October 09 2011 17:32 Probe1 wrote:
Anyway.
..

Does anyone on staff surf?

I started to teach myself windsurfing a long time ago. I was sick fun and I would definitely continue but I don't live exactly near to the ocean and haven't been on a real beach vacation in years.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Prev 1 308 309 310 311 312 322 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 766
GuemChi 592
Leta 321
BeSt 217
Soma 176
Hyun 159
firebathero 127
Mong 76
910 51
sSak 38
[ Show more ]
Bale 25
PianO 23
yabsab 21
ZergMaN 19
HiyA 17
Noble 9
Shine 8
Dota 2
febbydoto14
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss575
ceh9516
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King413
Other Games
summit1g8228
olofmeister880
JimRising 479
Happy336
KnowMe50
Trikslyr28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick441
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast34
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt401
• Jankos293
Other Games
• Shiphtur355
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 46m
Patches Events
7h 46m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.