• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:47
CEST 00:47
KST 07:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9617 users

The Ultimate Headphone/Audio Thread. Seriously - Page 12

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 47 Next All
guitarizt
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1492 Posts
September 29 2012 08:57 GMT
#221
On September 29 2012 14:23 HansK wrote:
Does anyone here have any recommendations for the most comfortable headphones that do NOT clamp down very tight at all? Currently using G35's(I know, not suppose to use gaming headsets!) and they're way too tight. Like unreasonable tight and very uncomfortable after a few hours.

Anyone have any experience with wearing a headset that does not clamp almost all just enough to not randomly fall off and have like bit cloth closed or open ears or something? Preferably < $100.


Bose headphones are amazing, but I've only tried them at kiosks. They're probably at every best buy for you to try if you're curious, and the sound quality is much better than other headphones I've tried in normal brick and mortar stores.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” - Hemingway
HansK
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
249 Posts
October 01 2012 03:04 GMT
#222
On September 29 2012 17:52 Womwomwom wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2012 13:36 QuackPocketDuck wrote:
On August 25 2012 02:11 etherealfall wrote:

I listed 200$ as USD, sorry to miscommunicate. I'm willing to spend up to $400 AUD for speakers


lol? our dollar is better than you think buy online

Saved mountains of money buying music gear from the US, from guitars to effects to amplifiers etc
Aussie shops rip you off so much that i could afford to ship the same product back and forth between US and AUS around 5 times before it would be cheaper for me to buy it in Australia.

Also half those stores just get whatever they can online just like YOU CAN and put it on shelves...
the customer always think that shops have some sort of a magic deal with the supplier, when in reality half the time they dont know the supplier they just sell what they can grab where ever they can grab it.

$400 is just below KRK Rockit 5", so i'd probably be looking at some cheaper M-Audio or Alesis alternatives.

Hope you dont find my advice off the topic, there is some people here who know alot more about Audio gear than I do, but I'm pretty good at not paying more than I should.


Importing means you get slugged by delivery fees and they're considered grey imports so you get no warranty (unless the company specifically mentions international warranty).

Show nested quote +
On September 29 2012 14:23 HansK wrote:
Does anyone here have any recommendations for the most comfortable headphones that do NOT clamp down very tight at all? Currently using G35's(I know, not suppose to use gaming headsets!) and they're way too tight. Like unreasonable tight and very uncomfortable after a few hours.

Anyone have any experience with wearing a headset that does not clamp almost all just enough to not randomly fall off and have like bit cloth closed or open ears or something? Preferably < $100.


Can't you just get the headphones and leave it overnight over a tissue box? If the band is metal, this tends to loosen it up a bit. If its too loose, just bend it back.


I tried stretching them over my computer case overnight a few times and they're still too tight
guitarizt
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1492 Posts
October 02 2012 02:10 GMT
#223
It's always going to depend on the person too. Some people complain about the srh 840s having a clamping problem, but they're fine for me. I wear them on avg probably 10 hours a day. I always like to try stuff before I buy it if at all possible. I haven't had many good experiences buying stuff blind even after thorough research.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” - Hemingway
Ckalvin
Profile Joined February 2012
Australia150 Posts
October 02 2012 05:09 GMT
#224
If headphones are too tight, try stretching them over a basketball or armrest for a sofa.
Stay calm and split drones. I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAA
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-03 02:25:23
October 03 2012 02:24 GMT
#225
Just wanted to say that the RE-262's highs and especially bass are definitely underwhelming. Even my packaged SGS3 cheap in-ear headphones had a more forward bass and high.... but I just changed my equalizer settings to boost bass and treble (leaving the amazing mids alone), and HOT DAYUM this is amazinggg :3 just unbelievable haha.
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
AlbertHR
Profile Joined June 2011
Indonesia65 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-07 14:48:06
October 07 2012 14:47 GMT
#226
I was wondering... what's the headset thatr Apollo used in this video??? that headset looks nice !!!
Playing to get better, Get better to Win !!
CcCFlu
Profile Joined February 2011
Switzerland68 Posts
October 08 2012 02:57 GMT
#227
sup guys
so i'm looking for a new headset since my old one stopped working T.T
i'll be only using it for my pc and i want one with good bass and an at least decent mic
budget is about 150 bucks but i'm not yet sure what brand i should buy
i was thinking about sennheiser, but i've never had a sennheiser headset so i'm not sure whether or not their headsets are actually good
advice plz
For the fucking sworm!!!
Womwomwom
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
5930 Posts
October 09 2012 15:06 GMT
#228
Get a clip-on mic. Most decent headphones don't come with attached microphones.

A common go-to headphone for bassheads is the Sony XB500. I believe its very affordable too so that's definitely a good thing.
DragoonPK
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
3259 Posts
October 11 2012 01:40 GMT
#229
Hey guys, I'm looking for new In-ear headphones. I'm looking for something below 40 British pounds, but I would look at 50 pound ones if they are worth it. 40 pounds is around 60ish dollars. Any recommendations? I'm going to be using them in workouts as well if that's necessary to mention.
TangYiChen
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)195 Posts
October 11 2012 03:27 GMT
#230
I am currently using the Audeo Phonak PFE 121s LINK

I got them when they were 140, now they're 200 >.< But they are REALLY comfortable (because Audeo Phonak makes hearing aids) and the sound quality is amazing.
I also bought the Shure Black Olives (Earbud pieces) and it makes it sound really good too

Before that I had Audio Technica earbuds, and they were okay and had noise cancelling. But not as good as these PFEs. Also tried my brother's Beats, but the sound quality on my IEMs are much better.
Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
October 11 2012 06:07 GMT
#231
On October 11 2012 10:40 DragoonPK wrote:
Hey guys, I'm looking for new In-ear headphones. I'm looking for something below 40 British pounds, but I would look at 50 pound ones if they are worth it. 40 pounds is around 60ish dollars. Any recommendations? I'm going to be using them in workouts as well if that's necessary to mention.

HiFiMan RE0s are very very nice for their price range. They're almost exactly 50 pounds (before VAT or customs or whatnot) and have incredible sound. The highs are particularly good and it's quite accurate, though the bass isn't too strong. Build quality is also quite nice :3
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
DragoonPK
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
3259 Posts
October 11 2012 13:49 GMT
#232
On October 11 2012 15:07 Aerisky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2012 10:40 DragoonPK wrote:
Hey guys, I'm looking for new In-ear headphones. I'm looking for something below 40 British pounds, but I would look at 50 pound ones if they are worth it. 40 pounds is around 60ish dollars. Any recommendations? I'm going to be using them in workouts as well if that's necessary to mention.

HiFiMan RE0s are very very nice for their price range. They're almost exactly 50 pounds (before VAT or customs or whatnot) and have incredible sound. The highs are particularly good and it's quite accurate, though the bass isn't too strong. Build quality is also quite nice :3

I see, I will consider those then . Anything solid on the 40ish pound range?
hellokyle
Profile Joined October 2012
Belarus10 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-11 22:13:27
October 11 2012 22:11 GMT
#233
I'm looking for something with top-notch audio quality for gaming (mostly SC2 but with occasional FPS games, etc) and with even better microphone quality. I'm going to be streaming and making youtube videos so you can see why mic quality is important.
I've been lurking the forums and from what I can gather "gaming" headsets are not in the realm of superb quality.

So, I'm torn between these two headsets:

Audio-Technica BPHS1

or

Sennheiser PC 350 (If you know of a better Sennheiser headset with better mic quality, let me know.)

I'd really like to get the Audio-Technica BPHS1; I've seen Apollo and other people use it for casting/personal videos and it simply has great mic quality, on par with some USB microphones. The only problem is that it only comes with a XLR (mic) and a 1/4" (audio) cable.
I could get adapters for these cables but I don't know if that would hinder the quality at all. (Would it?) I have no problem going with the Sennheiser PC 350 if that's the case.

What would you recommend? Any help would be appreciated.
"Ksjadgjhgf."
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
October 12 2012 01:51 GMT
#234
On October 11 2012 22:49 DragoonPK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2012 15:07 Aerisky wrote:
On October 11 2012 10:40 DragoonPK wrote:
Hey guys, I'm looking for new In-ear headphones. I'm looking for something below 40 British pounds, but I would look at 50 pound ones if they are worth it. 40 pounds is around 60ish dollars. Any recommendations? I'm going to be using them in workouts as well if that's necessary to mention.

HiFiMan RE0s are very very nice for their price range. They're almost exactly 50 pounds (before VAT or customs or whatnot) and have incredible sound. The highs are particularly good and it's quite accurate, though the bass isn't too strong. Build quality is also quite nice :3

I see, I will consider those then . Anything solid on the 40ish pound range?

Hmm... also Klipsch Image S4s are pretty good for their price. You might be able to find some from 30 to 50 pounds ish. They're also quite well-built and have stronger bass, possibly a bigger soundstage (the music's relative instrument positions is has a wider virtual range, so to speak).
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
October 22 2012 03:09 GMT
#235
SoundMagci E10's, I can't recommend them enough, got them for 35 dollars, are on par to those in the 60-80 dollar range. Comes very well recommended by head-fi.
liftlift > tsm
phosphorylation
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2935 Posts
October 22 2012 04:32 GMT
#236
What is the logical upgrade from HD650? I"ve loved my mind but looking for something different.
Something still less than 500-600 dollars?
Buy prints of my photographs at Redbubble -> http://www.redbubble.com/people/shoenberg3
Demurity
Profile Joined April 2011
United States424 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-22 05:11:39
October 22 2012 05:10 GMT
#237
On October 12 2012 10:51 Aerisky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2012 22:49 DragoonPK wrote:
On October 11 2012 15:07 Aerisky wrote:
On October 11 2012 10:40 DragoonPK wrote:
Hey guys, I'm looking for new In-ear headphones. I'm looking for something below 40 British pounds, but I would look at 50 pound ones if they are worth it. 40 pounds is around 60ish dollars. Any recommendations? I'm going to be using them in workouts as well if that's necessary to mention.

HiFiMan RE0s are very very nice for their price range. They're almost exactly 50 pounds (before VAT or customs or whatnot) and have incredible sound. The highs are particularly good and it's quite accurate, though the bass isn't too strong. Build quality is also quite nice :3

I see, I will consider those then . Anything solid on the 40ish pound range?

Hmm... also Klipsch Image S4s are pretty good for their price. You might be able to find some from 30 to 50 pounds ish. They're also quite well-built and have stronger bass, possibly a bigger soundstage (the music's relative instrument positions is has a wider virtual range, so to speak).


Yes, I have the Image S4 and they're amazing. Great bass, sound quality and noise cancelling. However, I've recently noticed that when they rub against clothing you are able to hear some of that contact on low volume. Nonetheless, I recommend them.

On another note, does anyone have a strong opinion of the new V-Moda Crossfade M-100 headphones??? (Link: M-100). The pre-order is available but I am not sure if I should quite buy them... They look amazing in quality and aesthetics as far as I can tell. However has anyone tried V-Moda's headphones like M-80 or LP2? It seems tough to say no to them because apparently Morgan Page and Nervo use them :D, except for the $310 price tag...
Thanks~
|Terran|
Ckalvin
Profile Joined February 2012
Australia150 Posts
October 22 2012 05:18 GMT
#238
demurity to be frank for that kind of money there are typically better options.

how important are aesthetics to you? another choice would be the new Ultimate Ears headphones which i've heard very good things about

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000
Stay calm and split drones. I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'M NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAA
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
October 22 2012 05:44 GMT
#239
V-Moda should be legit these days. If you need well-isolating supra-aurals that fold (i.e. good portable headphones), you can probably do a lot worse. I'd assume they're not worse than the M-80s, but these assumptions can get you in trouble in audio land. How many times do you see increasing product numbers and prices in a product line, but worse sound?

On October 22 2012 13:32 phosphorylation wrote:
What is the logical upgrade from HD650? I"ve loved my mind but looking for something different.
Something still less than 500-600 dollars?

Any idea of different how?

I think if we were to somehow divorce ourselves from the ideas of pricing and product numbers, and we could somehow view headphones from a neutral perspective, you may not really find anything that would be classified as an upgrade. There should be headphones that do certain things better, but an upgrade? HD 650s have pretty much no narrow FR anomalies, some of the best phase response, some of the least ringing / resonances / unwanted energy storage, pretty low distortion (particularly in frequencies where the ear is more sensitive), etc.

What I mean to say is that you may not find much of a consensus, particularly if you don't know what really you're looking for. Good luck.
Demurity
Profile Joined April 2011
United States424 Posts
October 22 2012 06:21 GMT
#240
On October 22 2012 14:18 Ckalvin wrote:
demurity to be frank for that kind of money there are typically better options.

how important are aesthetics to you? another choice would be the new Ultimate Ears headphones which i've heard very good things about

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000


Yeah, I generally wasn't aiming toward the looks, but the sound (headphones) . I've looked into those, but I am pretty against having battery-powered headphones just because of the lack of convenience.

|Terran|
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 177
Nina 125
SteadfastSC 61
CosmosSc2 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 505
910 60
Bale 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm47
League of Legends
Doublelift1849
Super Smash Bros
PPMD63
Other Games
summit1g10174
Grubby3183
shahzam605
C9.Mang0251
PiGStarcraft209
Maynarde80
Liquid`Ken12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• musti20045 40
• davetesta6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21644
Other Games
• imaqtpie897
• Shiphtur289
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
13m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 13m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 13m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.