• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:28
CEST 15:28
KST 22:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War65.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9954 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 6

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 383 Next
Shadrak
Profile Joined August 2010
United States490 Posts
September 02 2011 18:22 GMT
#101
On September 02 2011 04:17 Boblhead wrote:
just a reminder RK-9000's are instock and are essentially filcos boards rebranded rosewill

$99 for a solid keyboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201040&Tpk=rk-9000
sold out on amazon after not even a week of being for sale, get yours from newegg asap.


I'm hearing mixed messages about how blues are for gaming. I know some have said that for FPSs the blues are definitely not good, but I've heard conflicting things about strategy games. Since I pretty much exclusively play SC2 at the moment I'm curious if anyone has an opinion on blues for SC2. Also, anyone tried this keyboard specifically? Its got nothing but good reviews from newegg.

I'm currently using a non-mechanical keyboard, so I'm thinking that maybe any color switch would be an improvement?

TBH I'd never even heard of mechanical keyboards before this thread so I'm a bit lost
Glockateer
Profile Joined June 2009
United States254 Posts
September 02 2011 19:29 GMT
#102
On September 03 2011 03:22 Shadrak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2011 04:17 Boblhead wrote:
just a reminder RK-9000's are instock and are essentially filcos boards rebranded rosewill

$99 for a solid keyboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201040&Tpk=rk-9000
sold out on amazon after not even a week of being for sale, get yours from newegg asap.


I'm hearing mixed messages about how blues are for gaming. I know some have said that for FPSs the blues are definitely not good, but I've heard conflicting things about strategy games. Since I pretty much exclusively play SC2 at the moment I'm curious if anyone has an opinion on blues for SC2. Also, anyone tried this keyboard specifically? Its got nothing but good reviews from newegg.

I'm currently using a non-mechanical keyboard, so I'm thinking that maybe any color switch would be an improvement?

TBH I'd never even heard of mechanical keyboards before this thread so I'm a bit lost

You'd be pretty happy with blues over membrane. The whole "certain switch for a certain game" is a load of crap just like the "gaming keyboards" that are just membrane with lights and macro keys. Technically any mechanical switch is fine but blacks tend to be the stiffest thus not as loved for most people in prolonged usage. Blues, browns and reds are the best starter switches. It is all preference to what you like to feel and hear.

Read the mechanical keyboard guides if you are lost.
GET SM4SHED
Shadrak
Profile Joined August 2010
United States490 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-02 20:08:37
September 02 2011 20:08 GMT
#103
On September 03 2011 04:29 Glockateer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2011 03:22 Shadrak wrote:
On September 02 2011 04:17 Boblhead wrote:
just a reminder RK-9000's are instock and are essentially filcos boards rebranded rosewill

$99 for a solid keyboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201040&Tpk=rk-9000
sold out on amazon after not even a week of being for sale, get yours from newegg asap.


I'm hearing mixed messages about how blues are for gaming. I know some have said that for FPSs the blues are definitely not good, but I've heard conflicting things about strategy games. Since I pretty much exclusively play SC2 at the moment I'm curious if anyone has an opinion on blues for SC2. Also, anyone tried this keyboard specifically? Its got nothing but good reviews from newegg.

I'm currently using a non-mechanical keyboard, so I'm thinking that maybe any color switch would be an improvement?

TBH I'd never even heard of mechanical keyboards before this thread so I'm a bit lost

You'd be pretty happy with blues over membrane. The whole "certain switch for a certain game" is a load of crap just like the "gaming keyboards" that are just membrane with lights and macro keys. Technically any mechanical switch is fine but blacks tend to be the stiffest thus not as loved for most people in prolonged usage. Blues, browns and reds are the best starter switches. It is all preference to what you like to feel and hear.

Read the mechanical keyboard guides if you are lost.


Thanks for the advice. I did read the guide but was mostly confused about people talking about different switches for different gaming genres. After looking into things some more, I think I'm going to with Brown for the reasoning:

1) I don't play FPSs often, so no need to require harder presses from black for FPS
2) I don't want my wife to kill me from the loud sound blues supposedly make

Daskeyboards has a brown switch model that looks pretty nice to me:

http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-professional-silent/

Its a bit on the expensive side but TBH the last computer-related purchase I made was SCII so I think I'm due
Blackhawk13
Profile Joined April 2010
United States442 Posts
September 02 2011 22:30 GMT
#104
Reddit deal with Das right now

http://www.daskeyboard.com/blog/?p=2075

You get a free shirt, keycaps.. some other small stuff for anyone thinking about getting a Das.
Chuiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
3470 Posts
September 02 2011 22:53 GMT
#105
Looking for help finding a clear cherry mechanical switch keyboard. All I can find is this one by Deck:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=26846

But I really want to see everything that's available before I buy anything, does anyone know of any others?
♞
O INSANE O
Profile Joined May 2011
United States83 Posts
September 03 2011 00:44 GMT
#106
http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=9667

Ducky DK1087 blue switches for $80, thought i would share
John Madden
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
American Samoa894 Posts
September 03 2011 00:53 GMT
#107

Check this vid out.
FOOTBALL
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
September 03 2011 01:11 GMT
#108
On September 03 2011 09:53 John Madden wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgqSlFms-rM&feature=youtu.be

Check this vid out.



but what will happen with water
Absolutionn
Profile Joined October 2010
United States512 Posts
September 03 2011 01:37 GMT
#109
Hopefully this hasn't been posted already but I discovered a site where you can make a custom mechanical keyboard with any switch you want and the ability to change every key. I have purchased one yet so I cannot confirm the quality but others should check it out.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com
Jinro | Idra | Qxc | Select
Karliath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2214 Posts
September 03 2011 01:45 GMT
#110
On September 03 2011 10:37 Absolutionn wrote:
Hopefully this hasn't been posted already but I discovered a site where you can make a custom mechanical keyboard with any switch you want and the ability to change every key. I have purchased one yet so I cannot confirm the quality but others should check it out.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com


At $139....idk, that's actually pretty good.
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
September 03 2011 01:50 GMT
#111
On September 03 2011 10:37 Absolutionn wrote:
Hopefully this hasn't been posted already but I discovered a site where you can make a custom mechanical keyboard with any switch you want and the ability to change every key. I have purchased one yet so I cannot confirm the quality but others should check it out.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com


they don't carry red switches T_T, you can buy a full set of dampeners on ebay for about $15 so maybe when I get my noppoo choc pro w/ reds or my leopold fc500rs *if I can find the right stupid seller*
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-03 04:24:03
September 03 2011 04:23 GMT
#112
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 03 2011 09:53 John Madden wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgqSlFms-rM&feature=youtu.be
Check this vid out.


That vid is gimmick FTW

I added WASD to the OP. Not sure about their keyboard quality, but they are known for their custom keycaps.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
ABagOfFritos
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada454 Posts
September 03 2011 04:51 GMT
#113
Is there a list anywhere with the dimensions of popular mechanical keyboard keycaps to use as a comparison for the wasd customizable keycaps? I use a Das Ultimate and just can't find anything that has the key dimensions for me to check whether the custom keycaps would fit properly.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12889 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-03 04:55:45
September 03 2011 04:51 GMT
#114
On September 03 2011 03:22 Shadrak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2011 04:17 Boblhead wrote:
just a reminder RK-9000's are instock and are essentially filcos boards rebranded rosewill

$99 for a solid keyboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201040&Tpk=rk-9000
sold out on amazon after not even a week of being for sale, get yours from newegg asap.


I'm hearing mixed messages about how blues are for gaming. I know some have said that for FPSs the blues are definitely not good, but I've heard conflicting things about strategy games. Since I pretty much exclusively play SC2 at the moment I'm curious if anyone has an opinion on blues for SC2. Also, anyone tried this keyboard specifically? Its got nothing but good reviews from newegg.

I'm currently using a non-mechanical keyboard, so I'm thinking that maybe any color switch would be an improvement?

TBH I'd never even heard of mechanical keyboards before this thread so I'm a bit lost

the reason why blue is better for rts is because it cause less fatigue and also the audio feedback is really good.
The "click" sound improves your typing accuracy.

I like blue a lot, make me feels happy typing

On September 03 2011 10:37 Absolutionn wrote:
Hopefully this hasn't been posted already but I discovered a site where you can make a custom mechanical keyboard with any switch you want and the ability to change every key. I have purchased one yet so I cannot confirm the quality but others should check it out.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com


Ducky 1008 can have different switches as well
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
ABagOfFritos
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada454 Posts
September 03 2011 04:55 GMT
#115
On September 03 2011 13:51 ETisME wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2011 03:22 Shadrak wrote:
On September 02 2011 04:17 Boblhead wrote:
just a reminder RK-9000's are instock and are essentially filcos boards rebranded rosewill

$99 for a solid keyboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201040&Tpk=rk-9000
sold out on amazon after not even a week of being for sale, get yours from newegg asap.


I'm hearing mixed messages about how blues are for gaming. I know some have said that for FPSs the blues are definitely not good, but I've heard conflicting things about strategy games. Since I pretty much exclusively play SC2 at the moment I'm curious if anyone has an opinion on blues for SC2. Also, anyone tried this keyboard specifically? Its got nothing but good reviews from newegg.

I'm currently using a non-mechanical keyboard, so I'm thinking that maybe any color switch would be an improvement?

TBH I'd never even heard of mechanical keyboards before this thread so I'm a bit lost

the reason why blue is better for rts is because it cause less fatigue and also the audio feedback is really good.
The "click" sound improves your typing accuracy.

I like blue a lot, make me feels happy typing


I find that the audio feedback alone helps me realize when I'm not macroing. Since no sound means no macro!
Livestock
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada21 Posts
September 03 2011 05:00 GMT
#116
Thanks for the guide... I'm wondering if there are any other sites for key caps, maybe more unique or funny ones? I really want to get some special and unique ones
ID Changed from Livestock to Function
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12889 Posts
September 03 2011 05:00 GMT
#117
On September 03 2011 13:55 ABagOfFritos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2011 13:51 ETisME wrote:
On September 03 2011 03:22 Shadrak wrote:
On September 02 2011 04:17 Boblhead wrote:
just a reminder RK-9000's are instock and are essentially filcos boards rebranded rosewill

$99 for a solid keyboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201040&Tpk=rk-9000
sold out on amazon after not even a week of being for sale, get yours from newegg asap.


I'm hearing mixed messages about how blues are for gaming. I know some have said that for FPSs the blues are definitely not good, but I've heard conflicting things about strategy games. Since I pretty much exclusively play SC2 at the moment I'm curious if anyone has an opinion on blues for SC2. Also, anyone tried this keyboard specifically? Its got nothing but good reviews from newegg.

I'm currently using a non-mechanical keyboard, so I'm thinking that maybe any color switch would be an improvement?

TBH I'd never even heard of mechanical keyboards before this thread so I'm a bit lost

the reason why blue is better for rts is because it cause less fatigue and also the audio feedback is really good.
The "click" sound improves your typing accuracy.

I like blue a lot, make me feels happy typing


I find that the audio feedback alone helps me realize when I'm not macroing. Since no sound means no macro!

yup I agree, Music to my ears lol

This is the dealer that I bought my ducky in Hong Kong:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/地獄道/124921990891105
I think he might do business overseas as well, you can ask for info.
Check out his photos album, he does so much modding.
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
ABagOfFritos
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada454 Posts
September 03 2011 05:12 GMT
#118
On September 03 2011 14:00 ETisME wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2011 13:55 ABagOfFritos wrote:
On September 03 2011 13:51 ETisME wrote:
On September 03 2011 03:22 Shadrak wrote:
On September 02 2011 04:17 Boblhead wrote:
just a reminder RK-9000's are instock and are essentially filcos boards rebranded rosewill

$99 for a solid keyboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201040&Tpk=rk-9000
sold out on amazon after not even a week of being for sale, get yours from newegg asap.


I'm hearing mixed messages about how blues are for gaming. I know some have said that for FPSs the blues are definitely not good, but I've heard conflicting things about strategy games. Since I pretty much exclusively play SC2 at the moment I'm curious if anyone has an opinion on blues for SC2. Also, anyone tried this keyboard specifically? Its got nothing but good reviews from newegg.

I'm currently using a non-mechanical keyboard, so I'm thinking that maybe any color switch would be an improvement?

TBH I'd never even heard of mechanical keyboards before this thread so I'm a bit lost

the reason why blue is better for rts is because it cause less fatigue and also the audio feedback is really good.
The "click" sound improves your typing accuracy.

I like blue a lot, make me feels happy typing


I find that the audio feedback alone helps me realize when I'm not macroing. Since no sound means no macro!

yup I agree, Music to my ears lol

This is the dealer that I bought my ducky in Hong Kong:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/地獄道/124921990891105
I think he might do business overseas as well, you can ask for info.
Check out his photos album, he does so much modding.


Wow he does some cool shit! I think I'll keep this in mind if and when I ever need a new keyboard.
Fusionbomb
Profile Joined April 2010
United States25 Posts
September 03 2011 06:50 GMT
#119
On September 03 2011 07:53 Chuiu wrote:
Looking for help finding a clear cherry mechanical switch keyboard. All I can find is this one by Deck:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=26846

But I really want to see everything that's available before I buy anything, does anyone know of any others?



I have a Deck With clears... WONDERFUL keyboard. Its built like a tank, nice and heavy. The Backlit LED's are a nice touch, it is expensive, but totally worth it IMO.
For Aiur!
Bloody
Profile Joined March 2009
Sweden194 Posts
September 03 2011 06:59 GMT
#120
I think I'm the only one who prefer rubber dome over mechanical.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 411
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34889
Calm 7316
Rain 1900
Bisu 1764
Jaedong 1131
Horang2 672
FanTaSy 646
BeSt 531
Larva 435
Soma 420
[ Show more ]
Light 355
Rush 293
Stork 255
ZerO 236
Snow 215
Zeus 171
Barracks 134
Free 125
Mind 99
910 95
Mong 70
Killer 67
Pusan 47
Hyun 47
Sea.KH 45
ToSsGirL 41
NaDa 40
Shinee 36
Aegong 21
Terrorterran 18
Sexy 16
Hm[arnc] 15
sorry 13
Noble 10
Rock 9
Sacsri 8
Icarus 3
Dota 2
Gorgc8128
XaKoH 218
Counter-Strike
fl0m3162
olofmeister847
Other Games
gofns30870
singsing2155
B2W.Neo867
hiko375
Lowko321
crisheroes293
Mlord159
Hui .119
RotterdaM101
Livibee92
Mew2King86
djWHEAT72
QueenE35
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3650
• Jankos2447
• TFBlade684
Other Games
• WagamamaTV200
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 32m
Big Brain Bouts
20h 32m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.