• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:22
CEST 18:22
KST 01:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12898 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 282

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 280 281 282 283 284 383 Next
paingas
Profile Joined April 2013
France3 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-27 01:40:42
April 27 2013 01:38 GMT
#5621
But, i can buy some keyboards with red switches but i have heard red switches or black switches are not good for playing sc2.
Or red switches and black is good too?
IceBergZ
Profile Joined September 2012
Malaysia176 Posts
April 27 2013 04:22 GMT
#5622
On April 27 2013 10:38 paingas wrote:
But, i can buy some keyboards with red switches but i have heard red switches or black switches are not good for playing sc2.
Or red switches and black is good too?

both are good is weather you like it or not.
RiceAgainst
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1849 Posts
April 27 2013 04:59 GMT
#5623
CM Storm QF Rapid and QF Pro are on sales this weekend (well, have rebates). QF Pro (full, partial LED) is $60, but Browns. QFR (TKL) is $65 but blues. Will be my first mechanical keyboard purchase, so just wondering, which one do most people recommend? My friend has blues, says they're loud, but I respond with noise isn't an issue (and I can always o-ring). Browns seems like most recommended when going from membrane to mechanical. Hoping to join the mech-KB gang soon!!!
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
April 27 2013 05:20 GMT
#5624
On April 27 2013 04:18 screamingpalm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2013 15:16 Blaec wrote:
On April 26 2013 05:40 screamingpalm wrote:
On April 26 2013 05:32 DERPDERP wrote:
On April 26 2013 04:55 screamingpalm wrote:
Is there any reason besides LED color to get a Ducky Shine 2 over the less expensive Zibal 60? Build quality seems comparable, review scores about the same...


How much does a zibal 60 exactly costs because what I gather you'd get a topre or a filco for the same price. Obviously said boards don't have lighting if that is a necessity.


Yeah, true... I mean for the price you could probably end up with a better quality keyboard. Comparing backlit though, was going by reviews like this one:


Either way, with the Zibal 60 retailing for between £30-40 less than the Ducky, with both sporting great build quality and similar features, the only real benefit we can see that the Ducky holds is its slightly crazy backlighting. That said, the Zibal 60 can also cycle between different illuminated key sets, including WASD meaning that the Ducky's premium is probably not worth paying.


http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/peripherals/2012/10/29/ducky-dk9008-shine-2-review/1


95% of reviews for keyboards are fucking useless, that one included.

Pretty sure the Zibal 60 has problems, have a look at newegg feedback and you see the keys wear off very quickly. Duckys keys are decent quality.

So unless the Zibal cheaper than the Ducky by enough to get you a set of keycaps then get the Ducky.


Thanks, just the info I needed. Am thinking about picking up a backlit, so info like that is useful. I should research user reviews more before I decide. All I know is I like black keys and NKRO (pretty happy with my SteelSeries kb) so that helps narrow it down some.


Cool, NKRO isn't essential in most situations because nearly all keyboards do 6 kro over usb these days and you would be hard pressed to hit more than 6 keys at exactly the same time.
Ducky Shines are amazing backlit, have a look at the CM quickfire TK if you want a cheaper compact keyboard.

On April 27 2013 10:38 paingas wrote:
But, i can buy some keyboards with red switches but i have heard red switches or black switches are not good for playing sc2.
Or red switches and black is good too?


All are usable, it is personal opinion. Try go to a store and test them.

On April 27 2013 13:59 RiceAgainst wrote:
CM Storm QF Rapid and QF Pro are on sales this weekend (well, have rebates). QF Pro (full, partial LED) is $60, but Browns. QFR (TKL) is $65 but blues. Will be my first mechanical keyboard purchase, so just wondering, which one do most people recommend? My friend has blues, says they're loud, but I respond with noise isn't an issue (and I can always o-ring). Browns seems like most recommended when going from membrane to mechanical. Hoping to join the mech-KB gang soon!!!


The QFR is better quality but there is nothing abysmally wrong with the Pro. So it mostly comes down to which switch you like.
doomcore
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany16 Posts
April 27 2013 05:25 GMT
#5625
Since yesterday i have my Ducky Shine 2 (Browns) and i must say: "Best Keyboard in my opinion ever made!!!" So glad that this masterpiece is avaible in Germany now!
dum spiro spero
screamingpalm
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1527 Posts
April 27 2013 18:48 GMT
#5626
On April 27 2013 06:07 Sovano wrote:

What situation would you need NRKO? I'm just curious. Anyways the Zibal's backlighting is not as great as Ducky's, so another pro that the Ducky has over it especially if you're putting backlighting as a factor when you look for keyboards. As mentioned also keycaps are an issue, which I think a lot of people overlook when looking at keyboards. Especially when it comes to backlit keyboards.


I went from a BW Ultimate to a Steelseries, and besides preferring the black over the blue blue switches, I noticed a huge difference with NKRO over the 6KRO. I think on the BW the 6KRO was only on WASD cluster, not sure if others have a "global" 6KRO, which might be OK.

Made a huge difference for me though.
MMT University is coming! http://www.mmtuniversity.org/
Bentus
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany86 Posts
April 29 2013 16:59 GMT
#5627
hey guys,

so basically yesterday, I ve build my new pc and had my Razer Black Widow Ultimate connected to this PC. After a restart, the keyboard just didn´t work anymore. Even the key-lamps do not work and if I connect the keyboard with my other PC I have the same problem aswell. I have installed different drivers but all of them say that no Razer keyboard or mouse could be found.
Has anybody have had a problem like this? My warranty is over because I got the keyboard Christmas ´11. Would be a shame because I invested a lot in my new Pc and therefore can´t just buy a new one and have to re-use my old non mechanical keyboard which sucks. So if anybody has any clue, I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Greets
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-29 17:39:06
April 29 2013 17:34 GMT
#5628
On April 30 2013 01:59 Bentus wrote:
hey guys,

so basically yesterday, I ve build my new pc and had my Razer Black Widow Ultimate connected to this PC. After a restart, the keyboard just didn´t work anymore. Even the key-lamps do not work and if I connect the keyboard with my other PC I have the same problem aswell. I have installed different drivers but all of them say that no Razer keyboard or mouse could be found.
Has anybody have had a problem like this? My warranty is over because I got the keyboard Christmas ´11. Would be a shame because I invested a lot in my new Pc and therefore can´t just buy a new one and have to re-use my old non mechanical keyboard which sucks. So if anybody has any clue, I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Greets


Razer keyboards are awesome.

Try unplug it and then leave the keyboard out for like ~5 mins, maybe longer. Then plug it in again and see if it comes to life.

Also maybe try flash new firmware, heres another Q+A that might help
Bentus
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany86 Posts
April 29 2013 17:49 GMT
#5629
well I had it unplugged for more than a day,I found this one and I am trying this out atm

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=311742

but thanks
Bentus
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany86 Posts
April 29 2013 17:54 GMT
#5630
On May 05 2012 05:54 Hinata wrote:
SOLVED !

Hi guys ! Same thing happened to me yesterday with my Razer Blackwidow. It just stopped working in Windows 7.

I finally managed to fix it this evening based on ideas from this web site: http://gevil.wordpress.com/2011/05/28/razer-black-widow-ultimate-firmware-update-failure-and-how-to-solve-it/

I had tried the latests firmware update (Razer_BlackWidow_FirmwareUpdater_v1.08) but it could not detect the keyboard but the following procedure worked :

1. I uninstalled everything (BlackWidow software and firmware update)
2. download an old firmware version and installed it (v1.05 from http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=531)
3. at that moment your keyboard should be detected in the Windows device manager as a Razer Bootloader
4. launch the firmware update program... it detects the keyboard, flash and reset it.
5. YES !! blue leds are back... keyboard is working !!!

Gratz .. you got your keyboard back

Hopes that helps !



well, till step 3 it is working for me, my PC says Razer Bootloader was found but if I open the firmware update program it says no keyboard detected, anyone an idea?
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
April 29 2013 17:59 GMT
#5631
On April 30 2013 02:54 Bentus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 05:54 Hinata wrote:
SOLVED !

Hi guys ! Same thing happened to me yesterday with my Razer Blackwidow. It just stopped working in Windows 7.

I finally managed to fix it this evening based on ideas from this web site: http://gevil.wordpress.com/2011/05/28/razer-black-widow-ultimate-firmware-update-failure-and-how-to-solve-it/

I had tried the latests firmware update (Razer_BlackWidow_FirmwareUpdater_v1.08) but it could not detect the keyboard but the following procedure worked :

1. I uninstalled everything (BlackWidow software and firmware update)
2. download an old firmware version and installed it (v1.05 from http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=531)
3. at that moment your keyboard should be detected in the Windows device manager as a Razer Bootloader
4. launch the firmware update program... it detects the keyboard, flash and reset it.
5. YES !! blue leds are back... keyboard is working !!!

Gratz .. you got your keyboard back

Hopes that helps !



well, till step 3 it is working for me, my PC says Razer Bootloader was found but if I open the firmware update program it says no keyboard detected, anyone an idea?


Did you try this function key trick?
Bentus
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany86 Posts
April 29 2013 23:11 GMT
#5632
yeah I have tried everything for more than 5hours now but nothing did work.... I got the keyboard seen as Razer Bootloader but still any version of the Firmware Updater could not detect any razor product. Furthermore, I tried Synapse 2.0 with the same result. No clue about this freaking keyboard, I am freaking out...
thurst0n
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States611 Posts
April 30 2013 02:04 GMT
#5633
I am just about ready to buy this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823162020 Can anyone tell me something I would want to know before I do? Or other serious alternatives? I have done some reading and I think I would prefer the brown over blue or black.
P.S. I'm nub. If you'd like you can follow me @xthurst but its not worth it ill be honest
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
April 30 2013 06:56 GMT
#5634
On April 30 2013 11:04 thurst0n wrote:
I am just about ready to buy this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823162020 Can anyone tell me something I would want to know before I do? Or other serious alternatives? I have done some reading and I think I would prefer the brown over blue or black.


Yeah it is solid, supports esports etc.

I don't really understand rebates, but if its $100 then thats great. If it is $130 then maybe have a look at a Rosewill.
thurst0n
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States611 Posts
April 30 2013 12:03 GMT
#5635
On April 30 2013 15:56 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2013 11:04 thurst0n wrote:
I am just about ready to buy this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823162020 Can anyone tell me something I would want to know before I do? Or other serious alternatives? I have done some reading and I think I would prefer the brown over blue or black.


Yeah it is solid, supports esports etc.

I don't really understand rebates, but if its $100 then thats great. If it is $130 then maybe have a look at a Rosewill.

The way the rebate should work, is you send them stuff, with your UPC, receipt their form w.e and they send you a check for the rebate amt. Instant rebates are taken off at checkout.
P.S. I'm nub. If you'd like you can follow me @xthurst but its not worth it ill be honest
unsaintly
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany687 Posts
April 30 2013 14:16 GMT
#5636
I just got my quick fire rapid with red switches today and man in comparison to my weird stock cherry keyboard with blue switches this feels 10x better, It almost feels as big as the transition from rubberdome to mechanical, build quality makes a huge difference.
iloveav
Profile Joined November 2008
Poland1484 Posts
April 30 2013 14:35 GMT
#5637
For broodwar i tried red and black switches and red were unplayable (too easy to click more than 1 key at the same time).

I use my red switch mechanical (Corsair K90) for casual gaming and my black switches (steelseries 6gv2) for broodwar.
aka LRM)Cats_Paw.
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
April 30 2013 14:52 GMT
#5638
So I've had my WASD, and I love it, and I'm wondering, how can I take better care of it. As of now it just kind of lays out somewhere where it won't get damaged, but is there any way for me to clean it and make sure I get all 10 million+ key strokes out of it?
User was warned for too many mimes.
tenklavir
Profile Joined November 2010
Slovakia116 Posts
April 30 2013 15:11 GMT
#5639
On April 30 2013 11:04 thurst0n wrote:
I am just about ready to buy this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823162020 Can anyone tell me something I would want to know before I do? Or other serious alternatives? I have done some reading and I think I would prefer the brown over blue or black.


I own it and love it. The only very minor con to me is the Windows key is located on the right side of the keyboard rather than the left. Other than that, it's perfect.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-30 16:25:52
April 30 2013 16:25 GMT
#5640
On April 30 2013 21:03 thurst0n wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2013 15:56 Blaec wrote:
On April 30 2013 11:04 thurst0n wrote:
I am just about ready to buy this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823162020 Can anyone tell me something I would want to know before I do? Or other serious alternatives? I have done some reading and I think I would prefer the brown over blue or black.


Yeah it is solid, supports esports etc.

I don't really understand rebates, but if its $100 then thats great. If it is $130 then maybe have a look at a Rosewill.

The way the rebate should work, is you send them stuff, with your UPC, receipt their form w.e and they send you a check for the rebate amt. Instant rebates are taken off at checkout.


America is a strange place, no rebates in Aus afaik. Prime keyboard is a great buy then.

On April 30 2013 23:52 docvoc wrote:
So I've had my WASD, and I love it, and I'm wondering, how can I take better care of it. As of now it just kind of lays out somewhere where it won't get damaged, but is there any way for me to clean it and make sure I get all 10 million+ key strokes out of it?


You can clean it by taking the keys off (be careful with the large keys, learn how to pull them off), but it's just a pile of plastic. There isn't much maintenance to do, just don't get it wet.

If you put some kind of cover over it less dust will get on the keys which makes it a lot nicer when you use it.
Prev 1 280 281 282 283 284 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM809
TKL 318
IndyStarCraft 209
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 809
ByuN 321
TKL 318
Reynor 315
IndyStarCraft 209
Railgan 75
BRAT_OK 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53104
Bisu 2769
Calm 2489
FanTaSy 740
Stork 581
Rush 469
hero 283
firebathero 178
actioN 125
Sharp 90
[ Show more ]
Sea.KH 60
Free 51
Mong 30
ToSsGirL 30
Pusan 27
soO 25
Rock 24
HiyA 18
Hm[arnc] 16
Terrorterran 14
Aegong 13
scan(afreeca) 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc10619
Dendi1017
Counter-Strike
fl0m5318
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK11
Other Games
singsing2000
Liquid`RaSZi1577
B2W.Neo676
Beastyqt591
Khaldor506
Mlord467
olofmeister424
KnowMe333
crisheroes171
FrodaN71
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV249
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 16
• Adnapsc2 13
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach47
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV531
League of Legends
• Nemesis3305
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1539
Other Games
• Shiphtur513
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 38m
OSC
6h 38m
Replay Cast
6h 38m
OSC
19h 38m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.